Aimbots? Cheating? Huh!? How?

Twilightbourne

Apparently, I should at least PRETEND to not be an aimbot cheater.

You know, I'm not even really sure how an aimbot works. I assume the guy was referring to my 44 percent or higher accuracy with a flashfire.

The thing is, I think that might have been the gunship that kept sitting on top of their satellite and would pop distortion field and sit there trying to snipe me while i ran in with my burst cannons and 2 shot it.

I'm pretty sure there is a lack of understanding how some weapons work. I am very very careful with my shots and try to only take them when I am within 300m-3000m in order to avoid the huge accuracy penalty at range - and to best employ the 117 percent accuracy at close range.

I'll never understand gunships that don't get that 117% accuracy at point blank range while they're sitting completely still will bypass their 96% evasion (assuming lightweight armor and an active distortion field). I'll never understand how someone can get blown up doing that even ONCE and then still think it's a good idea to park on/under a satellite.

I've always had good accuracy in most shooter games (first and third person), and I am actually a little offended by the notion people think I'm cheating, even though I know I should find it hilarious.

First One

Second One (In the corner)

And 3

I've gotten a ton of these. I getthem on Jung'Ma, and I get them over on TEH. Really annoying. Wuln't my accuracy be higher if I aimbotted? Would I be able to stop cursing when I blast a slug at the same scout 5 times in a row and miss, yet see no evasion pops under his icon? It's stupid and it's insulting. Butthurt imps / terrible players that can't compete

Edit: Thanks for the kind words Ram. I really do appreciate the support, because it's been ridiculous seeing these constantly and getting ignored before you even offer to explain. I've just played my gunship A LOT. Alex and Tsuk know full well that they can kill me. Large has to keep me on lockdown on TEH or it gets outta control. Shayd does the same thing. There are just more games on this server, and it must seem like I came outta the blue, but it didn't take long to master this ship. The only thing I can be accused of is spending too much time on this game. There really isn't anything more I can say - I still try and be helpful, but ultimately it doesn't work. Also, keep in mind I' usually flying with other good pilots. We like GSF, and we work well together. Can't help that too much.

Edited by SammyGStatus

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I have noticed a few things that strike me as odd. I may be tailing an enemy at around 10,000m trying to get in range for missiles, and then all of a sudden, they vanish without any notification that they were destroyed. Just vanish into open space. Or occasionally I'll see someone zip almost instantly to another are of the map, like they went through a wormhole. Or sporadic zips which don't really go anywhere, they just keep them completely away from range.

Most likely lag. If natural or artifical is another question.

I've also chased gunships and Fighters in my fully upgraded Dive, and I ran out of engine power whereas they continued on at full speed. Not possible unless there is a hack creating unlimited engine power.

This can have several explanations, starting with the use of Barrel Roll, through the components/companions/upgrades used, to the possibility that if it happened in a Deathmatch, they may have hit an Engine Power-Up on their way.

Then of course there's always the mysterious death by an enemy when nothing is within 20,000 meters of your ship.

A DoT from Plasma Railgun or Rocket Pods (or anything else that uses DoTs). Death from mine or drone where you didn't read the message correctly. Or even a Proton Torpedo fired at you several seconds ago, when you still were in range.

And the instant death from a scout with full shields up. That always makes me raise an eyebrow. Nothing in a scouts arsenal has the power to destroy a Pike with one shot. Especially when there's no missile warning beforehand.

Damage Overcharge if it happened in Deathmatch, or an (almost) simultaneous hit by Gunhip/Scout (the Gunship hit/critted you with Slug split second before the scout hit you with BLC).

Lastly, I have recently been noticing a guy on my server Ebon Hawk, named "Aimbot". I've played at least 10 matches with him and his score and board position is always the same every match. 15-25 kills, 15-25 assists, 0 deaths, #1 position every match. I made a point to look at his stats ever since I saw his score the first time. Always the same.

I leave SammyGStatus to comment on this one :).

Lastly, I have recently been noticing a guy on my server Ebon Hawk, named "Aimbot". I've played at least 10 matches with him and his score and board position is always the same every match. 15-25 kills, 15-25 assists, 0 deaths, #1 position every match. I made a point to look at his stats ever since I saw his score the first time. Always the same.

His imp is Leggogurl and has practically no upgrades. Super easy kill once you close the distance.

I've played with and against him, and he's good, but far from unbeatable. Like all good gunships, he'll hit you from at least twice the range you're used to fighting from, and you can't afford to let that be your first indicator that he's on the field. If it is, well... gunships are probably the easiest class with which to clean up a bunch of newbies, which explains the 50-1 games.

He's not the best gunship I've ever played with (that'd be this guy), but you do need to keep an eye on him.

Also, what's with all the necros lately?

You guys know this is a necro right?

"Necro" is defined as "Revive a very old forum thread" or "The posting of messages in online forum threads that have not been used for a significant amount of time". I think it's a matter of opinion if three months are "very old" or "significant amount of time". Also, the "necro post" here is fitting for the thread; this is what I personally consider a necro post.

Of course, speaking about definitions, I think this post of mine would well suit the "off-topic" one.

The only kind of "cheating" I think is happening is the intentional laggers. I've seen a few more cases of it lately but they usually end up just crashing into the sat anyway.

There are most certainly people that just lag when they need to. The problem is they wind up being unhittable and keeping control of satelites or they are tempting targets that wind up wasting people's efforts. Thankfully lock on weapons and drones seem to work just fine.

I'm pretty dang sure that nearly all accusations of cheating are just ignorant or bad players not understanding capabilities.

However that's not to say they don't exist, for example if I recall correctly there where a couple of submitted records in the old record thread that had 95%+ hit rates with scouts and had respectable kill counts.

1. GSF is poorly documented and many people don't read the documentation that exists. I hit a new player with EMP field into sabo probe and he was angry and confused - understandably so. It's worse with ion railgun, where they still haven't explicitly told us the energy drain. And really, knowing about ion lockout, for a new player, would require them to have dug in and read about a T5 upgrade to a single component of a ship they may not even have unlocked. See also the old distortion field. Ground PVP is bracketed and to get to real PVP you have to play through 55 levels, a gentle learning curve.
  2. Railguns are very disorienting for new players that don't really know about them. They are a really big "unknown unknown" until you learn the hard way to watch out for them.
  3. People whine and moan when they lose regardless.

Edited by Kuciwalker

I won't talk about your multiple accusation of hack.... they're possible or can be translated to lag. But I know Aimbot on 2 servers. I've flown with him personnally a few times. He isn't cheating. He is a damn good gunship. But outside of his sniping world, with his Barrel Roll neutralized by EMP Field, he is food for scout. He is far from immortal.. He is just god at fleeing and you are too stupid to keep chasing so he turns around, aim at you and 2-3-shots you..... Next thing you do.. Coming here crying "HACK!!! IMMA SO GOOD PILOT!! HE CAN'T KILL ME!!!"

Edited by Ryuku-sama

Myeah, I don't want to leap to conclusions whenever I see people jump about from lag, but a few times now I've had people start and stop at far too beneficial times to not get slightly suspicious.

Agreement: Same here. I've seen this quite a bit. It's interesting how I have no lag before entering a match, and then when I enter, I suddenly have lag at the most convenient times. Such as when locking onto someone with missiles. Then I stop, and it goes away. If I see that, I'll watch everyone else to see if they're jumping around too, or ask around to see if I'm the only one getting it to determine if possible hacking or not.

Opinion: This is why I feel there needs to be a Server Lag meter in GSF like in the regular game. I don't like to unfairly accuse others of hacking.

Contemplative: Then again, I guess those hacks will fool the lag meter. So it probably won't matter in this regard. Would still be nice.

Whataburger on PoT5, I keep seeing him being called a cheater because he seems to one shot people all the time with half a second missile locks and doing 180 degree turns.

Pretty sure the thing he does is fire BLCs at point blank range and drop clusters at the same range and for the 180 turn, I'm pretty sure someone posted how to do that on the forums.

Whataburger on PoT5, I keep seeing him being called a cheater because he seems to one shot people all the time with half a second missile locks and doing 180 degree turns.

Pretty sure the thing he does is fire BLCs at point blank range and drop clusters at the same range and for the 180 turn, I'm pretty sure someone posted how to do that on the forums.

Thought he just flew in a group and was calling for buffs before firing. It's not cheating but it's a broken mechanic, being able to call out targets is already too much of an advantage for groups.

Edited by General_Brass

Agreement: Yeah. I just ran across them today. Had that happen to me. I thought about it being hacking. But someone mentioned the post. I haven't seen it. I can kind of believe it. If it wasn't happening the very second I fly through them.

Statement: I flew through their ship, and withing the second after that, I had them missile locking me. This happened with nobody else close enough to get a lock on.

Defensive Statement: Not saying they are doing any hacking, just saying that things were convenient enough to seem that way.

Whataburger here.

This is entirely explained by flying the T2 scout and anticipating an opponent's movement. I haven't seen the 180 degree turn post.

Thought he just flew in a group and was calling for buffs before firing. It's not cheating but it's a broken mechanic, being able to call out targets is already too much of an advantage for groups.

I've never called for a buff. Rarely do we call out targets. We just play. Usually, we try to win.

Edited by Sudhirsaver

Whataburger here.

This is entirely explained by flying the T2 scout and anticipating an opponent's movement. I haven't seen the 180 degree turn post.

I've never called for a buff. Rarely do we call out targets. We just play. Usually, we try to win.

Hum, my guess is something like concentrated fire crew skill, with bypass and increased hull damage on BLCs, targeting telemetry with reduced evasion and crit damage and damage capacitor.

The problem with GSF is that we have very little info available to players, no death recap to show how we died, no way to target allies to see damage and buffs/de-buffs and so on...

When I started I was sure scouts could one shot you with some sort of rear firing lasers, turns out I had overlooked the GS they were kitting me into.

Statement: I flew through their ship, and withing the second after that, I had them missile locking me. This happened with nobody else close enough to get a lock on.

If you fly far enough to compensate for the movement components ( about .5 seconds of boost) this can be done with Koigran turn or Snap turn. They both turn you around in about one second or so.

The new mastered ships with tensor field might let you buff maneuvering enough to do it just with regular turning on a particularly agile scout build.

Whataburger here.

You may be telling the truth about not calling for buffs, but the rest is a load of bull chips. Matter of fact your team is the perfect argument for not allowing teams to Q against solo players. What you do isn't hacking but it certainly is cheating.

Edited by General_Brass

You may be telling the truth about not calling for buffs, but the rest is a load of bull chips. Matter of fact your team is the perfect argument for not allowing teams to Q against solo players. What you do isn't hacking but it certainly is cheating.

Having friends is totally cheating.

Having friends is totally cheating.

Oh you're right. I mean having a team packed with maxxed out ships and fighting people who can only communicate via the chat window isn't a ridiculous pair up at all.

Edit: Just to put this into the proper context. You can find on the prophecy of five forum and posts in this forum, how that squad and the BS (so aptly named) are leaving Pot5 because the Queues aren't popping there. Well a little thought might take you to the conclusion that when solo players in base ships are tossed against into that meatgrinder, they just might I mean just might, get the idea that the game is BS, and stop queuing.

Or to put it even simpler. Lets have a boxing match, you against me and my three friends. Not cheating I just have friends. Oh you are bringing friends ? We will wait till there's people that don't have friends on.

Edited by General_Brass

Oh you're right. I mean having a team packed with maxxed out ships and fighting people who can only communicate via the chat window isn't a ridiculous pair up at all.

Edit: Just to put this into the proper context. You can find on the prophecy of five forum and posts in this forum, how that squad and the BS (so aptly named) are leaving Pot5 because the Queues aren't popping there. Well a little thought might take you to the conclusion that when solo players in base ships are tossed against into that meatgrinder, they just might I mean just might, get the idea that the game is BS, and stop queuing.

Or to put it even simpler. Lets have a boxing match, you against me and my three friends. Not cheating I just have friends. Oh you are bringing friends ? We will wait till there's people that don't have friends on.

It would be more like a multi man brawl where you can invite up to 4 friends, but chose not to invite any. And then complain when your one man team gets stomped into the floor by an 4 man group.

Im not saying groups dont have an advantage, because they do. But honestly what is stopping any casual player from sending a tell to another player and queuing with them. Is this a crime, certainly not. Is it a crime to find 4 or 8 friends and coordinate as a group? No, certainly not. Is it a crime to get good at the game, and to perform well consistently.... no.

I got better at this game by talking to people, grouping with people, and aggressively adding people to my friends list. Sure I solo queue a lot and sometimes it goes bad, but I try not to get mad at the other team and walk away, I get mad at the other team and try to form a group to contend with them. Trust me I have been guilty of the same thing (getting mad and ************) when I should have been getting a group together. Embarrassed myself more than once like this.

This is a team based game, and unless something like cross server GSF happens dont hold your breath for a solo only mode (there are simply not enough players to have any semblance of team balance)

Accept this issue and take steps to prevent it, namely getting grouped. You dont have to become a troll or some uber elitist player, you dont even need VOIP though it helps, you just need other people who will work with you, there is no substitute.

It would be more like a multi man brawl where you can invite up to 4 friends, but chose not to invite any. And then complain when your one man team gets stomped into the floor by an 4 man group.

Im not saying groups dont have an advantage, because they do. But honestly what is stopping any casual player from sending a tell to another player and queuing with them. Is this a crime, certainly not. Is it a crime to find 4 or 8 friends and coordinate as a group? No, certainly not. Is it a crime to get good at the game, and to perform well consistently.... no.

I got better at this game by talking to people, grouping with people, and aggressively adding people to my friends list. Sure I solo queue a lot and sometimes it goes bad, but I try not to get mad at the other team and walk away, I get mad at the other team and try to form a group to contend with them. Trust me I have been guilty of the same thing (getting mad and ************) when I should have been getting a group together. Embarrassed myself more than once like this.

This is a team based game, and unless something like cross server GSF happens dont hold your breath for a solo only mode (there are simply not enough players to have any semblance of team balance)

Accept this issue and take steps to prevent it, namely getting grouped. You dont have to become a troll or some uber elitist player, you dont even need VOIP though it helps, you just need other people who will work with you, there is no substitute.

You realize what you said actually supports my point that the game is giving the middle finger to people that Queue solo ? Hell you might as well just say the devs are trolling most of the people that come into the game.

I know this thread is a little old but I'll chime in anyway. Lately I haven't seen much of people talking about cheating in GSF but I did notice a few people say that some of the enemy ships just seem to have "teleported" to a certain area in a GSF map. In those cases when someone said that me and my team would lose that GSF match. Now I had to think of how would other players just teleport to a point that quickly.:confused: I mean for a moment I thought maybe there still are ways for people to cheat the game. Then I remembered that the bomber ship can drop a hyperspace beacon in random places for others to spawn into,so I thought maybe that's how they get around so quickly.

Other than that I haven't notice anything else.

Edited by plotenox

This is the part I don't understand - you're making a CHOICE to que solo, unless you A) aren't outgoing and aren't trying to find people to group with; B) are trying to find people to group with but everyone is either offline or already in a 4 man; or C) some other reason (#else_statement_ftw). It's not cheating to coordinate it, but I can definitely see it as frustrating when the opposing team is commanding a match due to coordination.

Here's something that can be done - imp side has Eclipse Squadron on TEH. I'm trying to recruit for my guild, Damage Overcharge [the name will be changing soon once we can collectively agree on one], so that not only will there be a GSF channel (accessed by typing /cjoin GSF), but there will be guilds specifically for this purpose (we've all got GSF-only toons in our guild, plus Ops/PVP toons on our other server). With a GSF focused guild on both sides, it's super easy to coordinate a group so that YOU don't get destroyed.

The nail that sticks out gets the hammer - que with a buddy, and let the debris fields commence

This is the part I don't understand - you're making a CHOICE to que solo, unless you A) aren't outgoing and aren't trying to find people to group with; B) are trying to find people to group with but everyone is either offline or already in a 4 man; or C) some other reason (#else_statement_ftw). It's not cheating to coordinate it, but I can definitely see it as frustrating when the opposing team is commanding a match due to coordination.

Here's something that can be done - imp side has Eclipse Squadron on TEH. I'm trying to recruit for my guild, Damage Overcharge [the name will be changing soon once we can collectively agree on one], so that not only will there be a GSF channel (accessed by typing /cjoin GSF), but there will be guilds specifically for this purpose (we've all got GSF-only toons in our guild, plus Ops/PVP toons on our other server). With a GSF focused guild on both sides, it's super easy to coordinate a group so that YOU don't get destroyed.

The nail that sticks out gets the hammer - que with a buddy, and let the debris fields commence

It's not cheating, that's for sure but it is a pain.

When some of the best pilots of the server choose to fly solely as a premade any chance at balanced matches go out the window. When I see the burgers logged in I know they'll dominate GSF and finish my dailies and go play something else... When they are on pretty much everyone else just grunts, sighs and moves on.

I can't count the time I have seen the burgers and the group chat becomes: "well we can't win, lets try to mass all on one point and we might hold it" or "well, lets farm the 2 guys that are clearly new at this, the burgers fly together".

It's not much better if they are on your team, you have no fun since the match is an auto massacre.

It's like pugging WZs and coming up against nothing but premades with ranked gear on, the pool of GSF pilots is so small that when the burgers are on you'll face them or fly with them. No other scenario pops up.

More premades is not a solution, just a way to make sure even *less* new pilots keep playing GSF. They pug, see not only their ships but everyone in his squadron get creamed in incredibly one sided matches over and over, the chat stating the match is over way before the 1st ship leaves the hangar.

GSF needs premade only queus and solo queus.

More premade will only create a game where it's 4/5 premades fighting each other over and over and new pilots knowing not to even try to play on PoT5.