The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The ability to buy credits with cartel coins

Layno_Maul

Hello guys! So yesterday I felt bored so I started to think about stuff SWTOR related and I felt like there should be an ability to buy credits with CC! For example, 50K could cost somewhere around 300-400 CC. If not this then at least the ability to buy it with real money. If you could add this I would love it! It would also be helpful for new people. Sincerely, Layno_maul

You can already turn CCs into credits...after a fashion:

1. purchase something off the CM
  2. wait the 36 hours "bound" time
  3. post what you got off the CM on the GTN
  4. profit

What stops inflation, as CrazyMcGee points out would happen, is that the above does not create credits out of thin air; you are getting credits from another player.

Edited by psandak

I am kind of puzzled why they haven't implemented a plex (like) system in swtor yet. It would be perfect for this game...

I would really like to have the option to buy or sell cartel coins with credits.

I just don't like being forced to buy coins every time I want to buy something from the cartel market or to unlock something in my collections. I would much rather have the option to buy coins from somebody else. Or if I am short on funds, buy coins to sell directly on the GTN.

The system works because the only currency (both coins and credits) in circulation would have been purchased, or otherwise generated at one point or another by a player. So EA gets its money, and inflation doesn't occur with the added bonus of discouraging gold spam in general chat too.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/30_Day_Pilot%27s_License_Extension

Edited by Vinak

I would really like to have the option to buy or sell cartel coins with credits.

I would like to buy cartel coins with credits, but I expect that it would be at a terrible exchange rate (one worse than buying the items you want of GTN)

But I think buying credits with cash would destroy the value of credits and items going for 100 credits (mats for example) would inflate to going for 10,000 credits inside of a week.

You can already turn CCs into credits...after a fashion:

1. purchase something off the CM
  2. wait the 36 hours "bound" time
  3. post what you got off the CM on the GTN
  4. profit

What stops inflation, as CrazyMcGee points out would happen, is that the above does not create credits out of thin air; you are getting credits from another player.

This. It's not troublesome at all.

I would like to buy cartel coins with credits, but I expect that it would be at a terrible exchange rate (one worse than buying the items you want of GTN)

But I think buying credits with cash would destroy the value of credits and items going for 100 credits (mats for example) would inflate to going for 10,000 credits inside of a week.

The exchange rate would be market driven just as other cartel items are.

this is what i have been thinking myself also we can buy Cartel coins from SWTOR store why not sell credits?

you could sell:

1 million credits for £5.99

2 million credits for £11.99

5 million credits for £25.99

Back to topic:

100 cartel coins for 100.000 credits

450 cartel coins 500.000 credits

900 cartel coins 1,000.000 credits

Hello guys! So yesterday I felt bored so I started to think about stuff SWTOR related and I felt like there should be an ability to buy credits with CC! For example, 50K could cost somewhere around 300-400 CC. If not this then at least the ability to buy it with real money. If you could add this I would love it! It would also be helpful for new people. Sincerely, Layno_maul

Lol, son you are lowballing yourself terribly! One cartel pack at either 320 or 360cc will generally never sell below 250k and as high as 450k on the GTN. I will take that exchange rate over yours anyday.

Edited by Yuppy

NO x100 - please do not allow direct CASH for CREDITS.

As everyone has pointed out ECONOMY issues with that approach. The buy packs/unbind/sell is already a loophole IMHO, but hey it gets BW/EA money so they will let it continue.

Something that WOULD help the in game ECONOMY:

1) Buy CM stuff with in game CREDITS... that makes sense and would decrease credits in game.

2) Buy CM Coins with in game CREDITS... (Same approach, but would be easier to implement)

Lets be honest most the CM stuff is bought/sold in the first month and then something else comes along that everyone wants.

Woah dude, 50K for 300-400 CC? That is outrageous. That's more than the price of a newly released AAA game for a million credits, which can't even buy you the cheapest varactyl on the GTN. In fact, that's even more expensive than the already too expensive pricing on the CM. Just use the GTN if you'd be happy with such a stupid exchange rate.

No, this is a bad idea. The system works the way it does. Even if someone is really bad at this game, they can still can cut down womprats and wampas, equip what they loot and keep doing it until reaching level 55. Then they can hop along warzones, level 55 areas, space and what not to grind together a few million credits with patience. Any decent player will ofcourse do dailies and what not. But I'm talking worst case scenario, where even the worst player can level, get credits and buy things off the GTN. If that player is willing to buy credits with real money, they can also pay for a subscription to get rid of the credit cap to buy that stuff off the GTN.