The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So... What are the Devs going to do to help PT dps?

thomasgharvey

So I have been staring at the pts notes for a good week now and finally have to ask the question... Are you guys going to at least buff 1 or both of the other pure builds... your basically throwing us in the garbage can now, at the very least give us something to work with like 100% combustible gas proc off flame burst again.

Are you joking? Top DPS in most every warzone...think you need to ask yourself what you are doing wrong more then ask the Devs for help with anything...now tank cooldowns are another story.

This. Well, sort of.

PT dps do very well in PvP, so they will not be buffed at all - even though it would be warranted for making them more viable in PvE raiding groups. But it's a long sad story.

You can thank:

1) PvP whiners who don't care that the class underperforms in PvE

2) PvE hybrid top-parsers who touted for months that it was just a L2P issue and you could get good numbers by running a mixed-spec. (now they are finally getting screwed over and I find it hilarious)

In short, it will be a long time before you see any beneficial changes. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see another nerf or two come down the pipe due to their overpowered performance in arenas.

If you PvE, dump your PT now and re-roll or convert them to tank-spec.

You guys are reading this wrong... it comes from a PVE perspective... and I would like to think im no tball scrub, fully min/maxed but im just concerned if the numbers are still gonna be there. I honistly couldnt give 2 ****s about your pvp problems... from my POV they ruin the more competitive part of the game.

You guys are reading this wrong... it comes from a PVE perspective... and I would like to think im no tball scrub, fully min/maxed but im just concerned if the numbers are still gonna be there. I honistly couldnt give 2 ****s about your pvp problems... from my POV they ruin the more competitive part of the game.

We feel the same about the PVE game players, but I'm not here to be an unproductive insulting ******.

But ultimately we have to share this game, and I'm open to ideas that would keep the class viable for both of us.

Ideas:

1. Allow PFT to stack for CGC as well as HEC. PVPers aren't going to run this most likely, and it would save the 2/22/22 spec.

2. Increase the bleed damage slightly for serrated blade for retractable blade. Might help AP and hybrid specs a little without wrecking PVP.

Honestly, it needs to be something that has minimal effect on PvP while working well in PvE.

These include:

Rotational improvement (PvP is all about burst, so anything longer than 15 seconds in will most likely be useless)

Sustained improvement (As PvP is full of cleanses, DoTs are the perfect thing to buff here)

Things i can think off:

Rocket Punch cooldown reduced to 7.5 seconds

Power Bracer increases burn damage of AP/IR/CGC by 20% and reduces the cooldown of Rocket Punch by 1.5 seconds and reduces the heat cost of Flame Burst by 3 (Brings it in line with the Merc version of this ability)

Retractable Blade bleed damage increased by 20%

Changes like that would have minimal effect on PvP while bringing PvE out of the "Worst damage class in the game" standard. (Seriously, Vengence with 15 seconds average cooldown on Ravage had tied DPS with the best pyro assault for "Worst DPS class in the game" should PT hybrids go. Which is happening.)

Well, it is one of these situations were buffing damage even slightly will make PT in PvP OP. The trees (especially pyro) needs restructuring to maintain good dps in PvE without being too strong for PvP. The devs won't do that before the next level increase because they are lazy.

On another note, PT dps in PvE (both specs) could use a buff to unload, as it is rarely used in PvP, but rotational in PvE. A 15-20% overall buff, between CD and damage, should yield 100-200 dps. This will make PT much closer to top parsers in PvE. I highly doubt devs will make any changes to PT till level increase.

What about CGC stacking like mage ignite from wow (3 stacks, cleanseable only one @ a time i.e. a 3x cleansed goes to 2x).

Could make effective pve dps increase w/o making burst out of control.

Making it cleansable only one at a time doesn't really say "Im not gonna effect PvP"

Powertechs are strong in PvP, where cleanses are everywhere. Powertech DPS is weak in PvE, where cleanses are no where. The 'cleanse proofing' will do nothing in PvE, and just make it stronger in PvP - so if the cleanse-proofing wasn't there, and said talent for stacking CGC was only available in the vanguard tree, it would work, otherwise, no.

I cant see them Upping the DPS on PTs until they upped the damage/balanced some of the classes that are currently the bottom of the barrel for both PVP and PVE DPS wise.

Ironicly, when 2.6 comes out the Powertech IS the bottom of the PvE barrel (Balance AND Madness sins perform better, pre-buff concealment ops will have done better, ect...)

In fact, take away the hybrid and the Powertech tied with the Juggernaut for worst PvE Class (Vengeance jugg - best jugg DPS - tied with Pyro Powertech - Best non-hybrid PT DPS)

UPDATE: The next changes for 2.6 have been announced. Only changes are for guardians/Juggs.

Time to be more vocal about this. TO THE PTS FORUMS! FLOOD THEM WITH OUR DEMANDS OF BUFFS! WE NEED TO DO BETTER THAN LAST PLACE!

Edited by TACeMossie

I agree with what others have said, buffing VG's/PT's will send them right onto next big nerf list, but there may be some way to avoid that. As someone mentioned it before, a buff to full auto would be a good start. Like for example ion pulse increased damage of next unload by 20% or something like this. I also agree that developers have no idea what they are doing. Buffing operatives for pve is not bad, BUT they do not realize (at least it seems that way) that this buff will make them a REAL pain in the a** in PVP. Its a PVE buff that will make operatives OP as hell in pvp. We are exact opposite - strong in pvp, weak in pve. Seeing what people like Koozie can do with this class makes me wonder. How can bioware really adjust class to be good in pve but not OP in pvp? People in BioWare have no idea how to do this and that bothers me most.

I don't have a problem with HM PVE. I usually top the damage scoreboard in most of my fights (usually 2500 plus). I don't think the devs hate pts as much as they hate melee dps.

For the record I am a long way from being fully geared and I do not run the hybrid spec.

Blame the spastic pvers running a stupid hybrid spec on the 2.0 pts that got pyro nerfed in the first place.

Or we can blame you boring PVE droolers for ruining the 2/22/22 spec in 2.4 because you HAD to stack CGC, Incendiary missile, and retractable blade DOTs on your digital enemies, along with prototype flame thrower and prototype accelerator for DPS. This prompted the devs to nerf the damage on both DOTS and the up front damage on incendiary and retractable blade.

PVP players didn't ruin that one, you did. That was not a good PVP spec due to the lack of any defensive CD's, most of us never ran it.

But like I said before, this isn't constructive. Best change to help PVE DPS is to allow prototype flame thrower to stack with CGC and HEGC. Ion cylinder and the defense/offense in the AP tree were not meant to go together, it needed to be fixed.

It won`t matter for PvP if they give them 10% more dps... imagine 2-3 people attacking you, will you notice one of them has a 10% dps increase?(most likely on the dots that get cleansed most times)

No, you won`t.

Besides, close range classes should be ahead on damage, not behind, due to obvious reasons aka. the melee unfriendly fights in PvE and the fact that stuns have a 10m range in PvP, so that merc attacking you from 25m won`t get stunned, but the marauder jumping you always will.

It won`t matter for PvP if they give them 10% more dps... imagine 2-3 people attacking you, will you notice one of them has a 10% dps increase?(most likely on the dots that get cleansed most times)

No, you won`t.

10% buff to damage is huge in PvP. When I atk a healer and deal 10% more damage, granted he/she will notice. Not to mention that both dps specs are on the extreme high end of effectiveness in PvP. Short term solution is simple. Buff unload. It is rotational in PvE and has little to no use in PvP. For long term, pyro tree needs restructuring so it does more overall damage with a bit less burst. Again, I do not see devs making any changes before next major patch (3.0).

10% buff to damage is huge in PvP. When I atk a healer and deal 10% more damage, granted he/she will notice. Not to mention that both dps specs are on the extreme high end of effectiveness in PvP. Short term solution is simple. Buff unload. It is rotational in PvE and has little to no use in PvP. For long term, pyro tree needs restructuring so it does more overall damage with a bit less burst. Again, I do not see devs making any changes before next major patch (3.0).

This is the second time I've seen you suggest this. And the 2nd time I've seen you say it's rotational in PvE.

Unload is not used rotationally in PvE. I don't know where you came up with the idea that PTs/VGs that DPS are using unload. It's not buffed by anything, it doesn't proc anything. And it's certainly not used rotationally.

I don't know what the solution is to help PvE DPS while not affecting PvP. But buffing Unload isn't the answer.