Dramatic Extrovert’s Armor Set - REMOVE front FLAP!!!

There are plenty of pieces without flaps, tubes and spikes. Given the number of people who link in chat and comment on how cool that spike-ridden PvP armor looks (which I think is ugly) , there are people who like flaps, tubes and spikes.

This is neither the branmakmuffinMMO nor the DarthVengeantMMO. If you don't like a particular piece of armor on you characters, don't use it.

"Dramatic Extrovert’s Armor Set - REMOVE front FLAP!!! " is not a suggestion, it's a petulant demand.

And one that is likely to not happen.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of pieces without flaps, tubes and spikes. Given the number of people who link in chat and comment on how cool that spike-ridden PvP armor looks (which I think is ugly) , there are people who like flaps, tubes and spikes.

This is neither the branmakmuffinMMO nor the DarthVengeantMMO. If you don't like a particular piece of armor on you characters, don't use it.

"Dramatic Extrovert’s Armor Set - REMOVE front FLAP!!! " is not a suggestion, it's a petulant demand.

The purpose is for doing as the forum says is Cartel Suggestions. "dont use it" is counter-productive to the point. What would be the point in making a suggestion forum to only say "dont buy it" and act like every request is some elitist "my MMO not yours" childishness? Well, your reply just shows your childishness. Please stay on task.

Yes, actually "REMOVE front flap" IS a suggestion. It's not a demand. Hence why It was posted in the suggestion forum.

There are plenty of people who agree with my OP and are sick of the flaps. Alot of them people I know in game. Take your OWN suggestion...if you don't like it, don't come here. :) It's quite obvious you just don't like the thread idea, so don't come here and move on with your life. What I and other people are saying here doesn't effect your life.

And one that is likely to not happen.

You never know until you try do you? I know a few people who have suggested things that have ended up in the game. Had they never suggested it, it most likely never would have happened. Case in point.

Edited by DarthVengeant

It makes better sense for the flaps (on the dancers, and the others as well) if they were either put on the shorts or the belt that way the tops would not have them. The flaps are actually designed in a fashion sense (from my viewpoint) to be put on a belt or the shorts not the tops.

It has never made any sense to me. The tops should not have them so they are able to be used with something else instead of looking strange if you want to pair the top with another skirt or bottoms. It doesn't look right.

The purpose is for doing as the forum says is Cartel Suggestions. "dont use it" is counter-productive to the point. What would be the point in making a suggestion forum to only say "dont buy it" and act like every request is some elitist "my MMO not yours" childishness? Well, your reply just shows your childishness. Please stay on task.

Yes, actually "REMOVE front flap" IS a suggestion. It's not a demand. Hence why It was posted in the suggestion forum.

There are plenty of people who agree with my OP and are sick of the flaps. Alot of them people I know in game. Take your OWN suggestion...if you don't like it, don't come here. :) It's quite obvious you just don't like the thread idea, so don't come here and move on with your life. What I and other people are saying here doesn't effect your life.

You never know until you try do you? I know a few people who have suggested things that have ended up in the game. Had they never suggested it, it most likely never would have happened. Case in point.

It is a demand. You typed several words in caps and used multiple exclamation points and your original post came off as hostile and demand sounding. You have no one but yourself to blame.

Are you on Harbinger? That might have been me you gave a Cartel Skiff to in exchange for the Thana Vesh armor.

I really don't get the hatred of flaps though. I actually like most of them. Random spikes jutting out everywhere, giant shoulderpads and pipes and hoses all over the place are what really ruin sets. If The Hydra armor was just missing that big pipe on the chest, it'd be the best set in the game.

Nah, I'm on the Bastion. I traded it for a Cartel Luxury Skiff and an Event Unlock (Account) item. I was preferred status at the time so I didn't have the creds to buy it myself. I really regret it now since I resubbed... Now I just wear the dark acolyte chest piece with pants from the ulgo set, it's a good combo.

It is a demand. You typed several words in caps and used multiple exclamation points and your original post came off as hostile and demand sounding. You have no one but yourself to blame.

It's just the title of the thread. His original post even says please and thank you. And as already stated, it's the suggestion forum. No need to stir up trouble for no reason. You're coming off as overly sensitive.

Edited by Blackholeskipper

I rather like the front flap on this piece, actually; when worn with pants, that is. My dislike of flappy bits on chest pieces is usually due to the fact that they clip horribly with skirts and lower robes. But the Thana/Extrovert's chest has a big ol' butt flap too, so removing the front flap won't help much in that regard.

That said, I am all for the removal of all manner of flappy dangling pieces . . . from most chest pieces. In most cases I think they would be much more appreciated and versatile if they were added to either the waist piece (or occasionally the leg piece) of a set instead. :) Goodness knows there is no dearth of simple pants and belts that could be used by those that don't want to use the flappy dangling pieces of a set.

I rather like the front flap on this piece, actually; when worn with pants, that is. My dislike of flappy bits on chest pieces is usually due to the fact that they clip horribly with skirts and lower robes. But the Thana/Extrovert's chest has a big ol' butt flap too, so removing the front flap won't help much in that regard.

That said, I am all for the removal of all manner of flappy dangling pieces . . . from most chest pieces. In most cases I think they would be much more appreciated and versatile if they were added to either the waist piece (or occasionally the leg piece) of a set instead. :) Goodness knows there is no dearth of simple pants and belts that could be used by those that don't want to use the flappy dangling pieces of a set.

I would pay money for a waist cape.

It makes better sense for the flaps (on the dancers, and the others as well) if they were either put on the shorts or the belt that way the tops would not have them. The flaps are actually designed in a fashion sense (from my viewpoint) to be put on a belt or the shorts not the tops.

It has never made any sense to me. The tops should not have them so they are able to be used with something else instead of looking strange if you want to pair the top with another skirt or bottoms. It doesn't look right.

This has always been my problem with the slave top or any variation, but also with the any top that has flaps. I don't know why they keep designing gear with flaps. The majority of players don't like them, which is why they are always pages of pages on gtm. It's hard to mix and match tops that have flaps. I avoid any piece of gear that has flaps.

Edited by Knockerz

You honestly think the majority of the players seeking this set are lusting after that goofy looking Helmet?

The helmet actually is a pretty big draw. If you notice, not many armor sets include a helmet. They included it for a reason.

Contrary to popular belief, it does seem bioware is starting to become more self aware of what its community wants.

Some people will like the entire set, while some will prefer the skimpy part, the helmet will draw interest from others, while those gloves and boots will draw some more. All of which will generate demand for the entire outfit as a whole in order to unlock the parts you want in collections. It's a good strategy to maximize demand for any individual set.

I also suspect they've adjusted the rarity of items to reflect expected demand. The "super rare" items this time around seem to be items of lower demand. The Dragon, and exploration sets for example. While the Frenzied, Dramatic, and Triumvirate sets are all classified as rare. This helps prevent any one item from either flooding the market with too many copies, or causing hyper inflation on others. This helps make the likelihood of getting items worth the cost of a cartel pack less of a gamble.

----

I'll just reaffirm my stance on the...."remove the flaps from torso pieces movement". Those flaps really ruin the outfit.

Edited by Vinak

I found the chest, legs, and boots at a screaming price on the ah. I would really like to make the chest and boots available to multiple toons on my account. However, I am not interested in the other pieces

So question for you guys... And I think I may know the answer but would like confirmation. If you buy the chest piece and boots to this set, are they unlockable to your legacy characters or do you have to buy and bind the entire set? And if you do have to buy the entire set does it have to be bound to the same character or can it be bound piecemeal to various toons?

Thanks.

Edited by kimdante

I vote to remove front and back flaps.

I hate butt flaps!

But this is where Bioware can learn and make money from this current design.

Next version has no flaps and the chest has a hood. Helm can be something small like visor. Legs can just be high thigh boots without the front knee extensions.

Now sell that set for 2400 CC.

I agree about hating butt flaps but the one on this set is at least better than the kites seen on some of the medium Mara armor. Those kites are a MAJOR nuisance.

I found the chest, legs, and boots at a screaming price on the ah. I would really like to make the chest and boots available to multiple toons on my account. However, I am not interested in the other pieces

So question for you guys... And I think I may know the answer but would like confirmation. If you buy the chest piece and boots to this set, are they unlockable to your legacy characters or do you have to buy and bind the entire set? And if you do have to buy the entire set does it have to be bound to the same character or can it be bound piecemeal to various toons?

Thanks.

You have to equip the full set to 1 toon at least once, at which point it becomes available in your collections. That toon can then grab the set at any time and if you unlock it for X Amount of CC's all of your toons can grab it at any time. If all you want is say the boots and belt you can trash everything else at that point and keep what you want to use.

Then you divide by 0 and......oh wait nvm.

I agree about hating butt flaps but the one on this set is at least better than the kites seen on some of the medium Mara armor. Those kites are a MAJOR nuisance.

I guess they're supposed to match the helicopter landing pads that goes on the shoulders.

All sets having such ones has to have their back and front flaps moved to belts ... it is ridiculously stupid when you cannot match two different sets due to clipping flaps or cannot use some mounts due to clipping flaps.

Not to mention most of them not color correctly with dyes ...

Move them to belts so we can get rid of them please!

Maybe a toggle? Which I'm sure will get implemented just as quickly as the hood toggle =p

I would like that feature though, as putting it on the belt would make it impossible to get some of the looks that I've been able to achieve with characters using different belts.

Better still, create versions with and without the lower sections, allowing for even more customization.

im sorry i agree with removing the butt flap they look stupid on any armor that has them but rmoving the front flap will just cater to the sad game pervs that will then be running arount in this top and some panties so they can constantly see the toons crotch

im sorry i agree with removing the butt flap they look stupid on any armor that has them but rmoving the front flap will just cater to the sad game pervs that will then be running arount in this top and some panties so they can constantly see the toons crotch

My request wasnt to remove the butt flap, it was the flap covering the crotch area that is WAY out of place.

Thats all you have to offer to the entire thing, is wanting to argue. You only obviously read the title, and not the OP. End. No more replies to you.

My request wasnt to remove the butt flap, it was the flap covering the crotch area that is WAY out of place.

yes i KNOW you want the crotch flap gone thats what i said and thats also why bioware aint gonna do it there not here to cater to pervs that wanna stare at toon crotch all day, they learnd from all the people pairing the relaxed uniform top with the dancers bottoms, they dont want that happening again so pretty much ANYTHING that u pair with dancers bottoms from now on WILL have FLAPS to cover them. deal with it.

yes i KNOW you want the crotch flap gone thats what i said and thats also why bioware aint gonna do it there not here to cater to pervs that wanna stare at toon crotch all day, they learnd from all the people pairing the relaxed uniform top with the dancers bottoms, they dont want that happening again so pretty much ANYTHING that u pair with dancers bottoms from now on WILL have FLAPS to cover them. deal with it.

Dude, what are you on about? There are pants underneath. Look at the leggings: http://tor-fashion.com/thana-vesh/. By your logic they'd have to add a flap to hide every crotch on every outfit. Derp. Edited by Blackholeskipper

dude you obviously didnt read my entile post numbnuts i said its to stop it pairing with the DANCERS BOTTOMS NOT the pants that come with it and the problem they are useing as an excuse to get rid of them IE clipping with robes and skirts, also implies not using the pants that go withthe set so YOUR the one lookin dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Uhh, you can already wear nothing but underwear and bra or topless for males in the game. You honestly dont know what you are talking about sir. Removing the front flap doesnt remove the underwear. No one suggested removing the underwear. You need to read next time before you spout morals.