RIP orbital strike

Murder_Toys

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OS nerf proves that the devs are out of touch. The reality is there are a bunch of games coming out, and if they can provide more interesting mechanics, I'd be more than happy to leave this game now...I don't see anything but **** in the works for 2014 here...

This is actually the most single disheartening change that personally affects me. I made a sniper from the beginning and ever since and I fell in love with OS from the moment I first casted it. I noticed the 2 piece PvP set bonus was to add an extra tick to OS so I farm 2 pieces of champion to make OS even more fun. Orbital Strike is, in my opinion, the coolest ability in this game and probably one of my top 3 favorite abilities in ANY MMO I have ever played.

But now we have this patch. You guys are taking the signature move of the agent class and turning it into a limp noodle. I don't even know what else to say... If you didn't like where snipers were in terms of dps then nerf other abilities and not the classes signature move.

You guys are destroying the coolest ability in your game because people were using it in a way that wasn't in your "vision" and I find that a really crappy thing to do.

This is actually the most single disheartening change that personally affects me. I made a sniper from the beginning and ever since and I fell in love with OS from the moment I first casted it. I noticed the 2 piece PvP set bonus was to add an extra tick to OS so I farm 2 pieces of champion to make OS even more fun. Orbital Strike is, in my opinion, the coolest ability in this game and probably one of my top 3 favorite abilities in ANY MMO I have ever played.

But now we have this patch. You guys are taking the signature move of the agent class and turning it into a limp noodle. I don't even know what else to say... If you didn't like where snipers were in terms of dps then nerf other abilities and not the classes signature move.

You guys are destroying the coolest ability in your game because people were using it in a way that wasn't in your "vision" and I find that a really crappy thing to do.

Like you, fellow sniper, I have played a sniper from the start. I have no other alts that I play regularly.

The game has been doing well for more than two years with OS as it is. But, the devs have ideas on how the game should be played, regardless of what is happening on the ground. Sometimes they get lucky and sometimes they don't. This is a case wherein dev ideas contradict the way we, the players, enjoy the game -- in the most intense way to date. This is a case wherein the developers' vision won't only override player feedback, but will make the game worse for many. This is the kind of case that caused the game's crash in its first 6 months. This is what has destroyed many other MMOs, including the other SW MMO of the past. They are playing with fire and they will get burnt if they don't stop...

Well, sniper now will be like a mercenary with dps, but he will not have armor reducing skill included in rotation skill, havent selfheal, havent cleanse (excluding evasion every 45sec), havent even combat res. So there is no point to play as sniper. I am losing sense to play this game if they doing so huge nerfs, and I dont know whats coming next... but I dont wanna wait for punch like this right now

oh I forgot, now the operative gets boost so we fall from one extreme to another...

Edited by Posejdon

will the set bono us be changed too?

man i cant express how much i dislike this change but hey, i guess we have to suck it up.

rather then nerfing OS to be a Disco Show only they should completly delete it and give us something new.

a single target thingy like a adrenalin probe wich is DoT or a machine gun turret

forgot to add, OS also is a little laggy for some players and if it will be casted more often then I wish to those players patience coz they will need it. Second thing I have reminded is when OS is hitting for third time then in most situations there are no any other mobs to hit cos other clases already cleared it... Edited by Posejdon

Everyone is missing the point of this orbital strike here.

It's NOT because the devs didn't like the damage it does in single target rotation

It's NOT because the devs are just randomly pissing people off

It's NOT because the devs feels OS should be balanced

It's all about job security. They did this about a year ago with the concealment OP and now it's almost come back full circle. Back then the OP was too powerful, so they nerfed it to hell, put the problem in the queue of things to fix for over a year. Now they are bringing the damage back to the OP pretty much 80-90% the way it was before and they claimed they have worked on it. Give it a few more tiny patches here and there and the OP will be back to where it was. FULL CIRCLE. Now OS is going through the same thing. Bioware devs are just constantly creating work for themselves so they don't get layoff or moved around EA. To keep having something on the back burner, if they are going to fix something they have to break something first.

I suspect the next thing they'll break will be the juggernaut tank cuz about a yearish ago the Juggernaut tank was sub par with the other 2 tanks. Full circle man, full circle!

My my... such misery.

So i'm not exactly the best geared sniper these days as i mostly login to farm rep and such, not part of a guild/doing ops currently.

As far as single target is concerned:

The OS was hitting for around 5k~, now i just tested it and it does little over 1k. (per tick)

So hum... why exactly did they decide we should put the skill back in the spellbook? as auto attack does about the same dmg but doesn't cost energy. :rak_02:

Hell even as aoe is concerned frag grenade is probably better now.

:rolleyes:

:(

RIP OS indeed, was such an awesome ability but now i fear it became one of those little dogs who bark a lot very loudly but sadly don't accomplish much else. QQ

3132 dmg ove 9 seconds, 2.42 activation time and 10 points energy cost? PHUK U BIOWARE!!! you just made my RIFLE SHOT< my lvl 1 auto attack more powerful and energy efficiant than my lvl 49 aoe. CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST LOST YET ANOTHER SUBSCIBING CUSTOMER!

Was that 3.1k on one target or on multiple? Cause O/S on single target is OP which is why this happened. Level headed players actually started taking it out of their single target rotation already when the move was announced. Bioware should sell tissues on the Cartel Market, they would make a fortune. Edited by Falcon_Runner

Was that 3.1k on one target or on multiple? Cause O/S on single target is OP which is why this happened. Level headed players actually started taking it out of their single target rotation already when the move was announced. Bioware should sell tissues on the Cartel Market, they would make a fortune.

doesnt matter lol and as far as aoe goes suppressive fire and frag grenade are more powerful AND instant, OS didnt get nerf'd ig to BROKE, damn BW just remove it and give us a new ability cuz OS is USELESS.

It is quite bad now, really. I do think with this change, they should just have removed it from the game and given a replacement.

It is that bad, heheheheh grenades we get on Hutta are better! I took it off my quick bar; I really must agree with those who say it pretty useless now. For that kind of damage over 9 seconds it is not very useful at all. I was thinking, well, maybe I will find a use for it with the reduced cost, but after using it I have my doubts.

Logically... if I might add that with the Engineer's Tool Belt (sniper), my fragmentation grenades have a CD of 3 secs. And I can toss 2 to now overdo the damage of the orbital strike damage. Meaning I can toss two grenades and do more damage (let's ignore the energy cost cause I'm trying to make a joke) before the oribital cannon can fire more than one burst.

Let me illustrate what I am seeing here comically so maybe the devs can rethink this...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/035/f/0/grenadesequalscannon_by_thiridian-d7550eh.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed that suppressive fire also does more damage than OS now. I'm starting to think that this was a massive clerical error. o.O

Edited by Thiridian

2.4 sec activation + 9 secont cast =12 seconds for 4k dps, you can get 24k dmg in 12 seconds with only rifle shot.

good job bioware.

That's....not how comparisons work. By that logic Corrosive Dart only does 4k damage in 18 (or 21) seconds and is almost twice as bad as the new OS. That's not the case. OS is still good when used properly.

That's....not how comparisons work. By that logic Corrosive Dart only does 4k damage in 18 (or 21) seconds and is almost twice as bad as the new OS. That's not the case. OS is still good when used properly.

corrosive sart isnt our trademark aoe i could care less about it

Logically... if I might add that with the Engineer's Tool Belt (sniper), my fragmentation grenades have a CD of 3 secs. And I can toss 2 to now overdo the damage of the orbital strike damage. Meaning I can toss two grenades and do more damage (let's ignore the energy cost cause I'm trying to make a joke) before the oribital cannon can fire more than one burst.

Let me illustrate what I am seeing here comically so maybe the devs can rethink this...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/035/f/0/grenadesequalscannon_by_thiridian-d7550eh.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed that suppressive fire also does more damage than OS now. I'm starting to think that this was a massive clerical error. o.O

The Imperial Fleet has had to cut back on its budgets and will now be firing Pillows from its Planetary Bombardment weapons instead of energy blasts.

!!!!!!!give us that ******** orbi back!!!!!!!!!

We want to use the orbi like we want and not like you want it!

Ea worst Company for the third?

I get a better Customer Service at Walmart.

Edited by SizaCionel

Oh man... didn't realize it until now but sniper was orbital strike...

Feels like they removed the very reason i enjoyed playing marksman sniper since the early access days.

Kinda lost the heart to even log in on it now, if not the game all together. Sure i have alts that i could play but it just ain't the same. I could spec engineer and abuse that bug or something to still get decent aoe but if i wanted to play anything else than marksman i would not be playing a sniper.

I don't understand how this travesty of a change makes it past the testing and nobody responsible for it goes ''wait a minute we are destroying the signature move of the agent/smuggler class here.''

if BW dont fix this bulls**t of a neaf by new nim content, 8th April i think(correct me if im wrong)

then they might as well just stop the game, by then ESO and wildstar will/just about be released.

i wonder how many people will unsub because of this.

as a hybrid/leth spec sniper i didnt add OS into single target rotation unless the boss was a tank and spank, which most fight weren't.

lets take a look at the 2 dread operation bosses.

DF

Nefra - tank and spank

Draxus - lots of adds

Grob'thok - constant waves of adds

Corruptor Zero - constant waves of adds

Brontes - mostly single target

DP

Bestia - lots of adds

Tyrans - tank and spank

Calphayus - lots of adds (depending on which portals)

Raptus - single target (Best fight BW released)

Dread Master - lots of chances to AOE

top 15 on torphase HM only

Nefra- sniper/gunsligner, powertect/vanguard, marauder/ sentinal and operative (lots of different classes)

Draxus - mostly the same classes, but the sniper/slingers and mostly lol roll spec(wall-bang) however you want to call it. there doing high damage cus of that, not orbital

Grob'thok- same again, smashers and lol rollers are best in that fight beacuse ill guess, that they are the only ones on the adds, let look at 1 sniper on 16man HM, 3.8k dps, 52% of total damage was on adds, 47.44% was on the boss, not a single orbital was used on the add, was mostly scatter bombs.

Corruptor zero - would you belive its lol roll and smash that are on top again, also, looking at the % of total damage on the boss, looks like they are the only 1 in the raid group, or 1 of few on the adds, in fight like this, if your doing 8man you your the only 1 on the adds, you dps will be very high

Brontes - snipers/slingers and 4rd to vangaurd, merc, marauder

the only fight where orbital is doing high damage in on Corruptor cus the adds are all grouped up in a nice small area where you can aoe and if your the only on the adds, either for vanity or some other reason

palace

bestia - lots of adds grouped up together, people using orbital just as intended(lol roll, on average, doing most of people total damage) gr8 attack there BW

tyrans - merc's and sniper's on top, orbital not doing much damage

calpayus - who has the biggest AOE, mutli dpt spec (not orbial)

Raptus - leaving the people that were only in combat for the last phase( just tank and spank) less than 10% of total damage is done by orbital

Dread Master - in a fight were you can pre cast orbital in hit muti targets, orbital makes about 8-15% of total damage.

the ONLY fights where orbital is used alot is Corruptor and bestia, WHICH have lots and lots of adds grouped up together, which correct me if im wrong, is what orbital is for.

Operation Traning dummy

yes the top 17 are snipers/slingers - ALL the top 10 are lol roll spec, and orbital is doing less than half the total damage of scatter bombs

so... ill ask 2 questions

1. do you think orbital needed a nerf?

2. how much cartel market c**p will bioware have to sell to make up for the amount of people stopping there subs?

this is just my view point of this, feel free to correct me if i have said somthing incorrect or disagree with what i have said and lets discuss this