Is this thing on?

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

My name is Tait Watson and I am the newest member of the Community team here at BioWare Austin! I will be taking over a number of the things that Amber Green did previously, so I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself before you started seeing me show up on the forums. One of the many things I will be doing (and the part that will be most apparent) is gathering information for the development team through the Bug Report forums, so you will primarily find me hanging out in there.

I have been gaming for the better part of 20 years, and I have been playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ since its launch. I’m a huge PVE fan, and tend to spend a lot of time doing Flashpoints and Operations, but I also compete in my fair share of Warzones. I have way too many alts, but I’m okay with that!

It’s such an honor to be able to work on something that I’ve been following for so long, and it’s going to be amazing getting to come into work with the team here in Austin and interacting with all of you on the forums.

I look forward to hanging out with you all!

- Tait

Welcome, Tait! I hope your time on the job will be enjoyable and productive!

Now please go and pester the TOR developers about finally implementing things like chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat as they had been promised over two years ago and time and time again, yet we still don't have them in the game. ;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No welcome from me, just so that you know right away with what folks and mindsets you are dealing here. I suppose you know already, but why should we be polite to you here in this thread when we will crush you in all further threads you will post in. You will end up like all other community members sooner or later: quiet, empty, in despair. Well, this turned out to be a welcome post at the end. :D Edited by JattaGin

Welcome Tait! I really appreciate that finally an experienced, passionate gamer is taking over the bug forum and patch notes, I think communication between the community and the development team in terms of reporting bugs to those in charge is one of the most important jobs outside the actual development team and thereby should be hold by somebody who actually knows the game from a gamers perspective.

Ms. Watson,

Welcome, and happy new year! If you got the gumption, the PvP forums could always use some attention. Last time Eric ventured over there, however, he made promises he couldn't keep (see signature.) But we want some lovin' touchin' squeezin' also! Just ignore the millions of premade threads the noobs posted.

Welcome! Here are some tips to surviving the forums!

1. The pvp forums are dangerous, swim at your own risk

2. Communication is always welcomed

3. Rakghoul emoji make you appear friendlier :rak_03:

4. The General forums can be good or bad, proceed with caution.

5. I hold the prestigious position of Forum Apologist, naysayers shall not pass.

It's only an issue if... Tait... thinks it's an issue. It's just more polite to refer to people you don't know by their surnames, but not without their titles, because that's rude. Is why I said "Ms. Watson". Also Lucy Liu is awesome.

Then we shall call Tait "Master Tait" as it is gender neutral. If Eric also wants a title he can have Emperor.

I don't want to derail Tait's thread, but since a few of you have brought up the Companion blogs and story, I thought I would address it real quick.

One of my goals this year is to bring more lore and story to SWTOR.com. As I said earlier this means blogs like the Companions 101 and our "Search for Oricon" blog, which was written from the perspective of Jonas Balkar from the Trooper storyline. This was something we had started around Game Update 2.3: Titans of Industry, but plan to do a lot more of this year. I am extremely passionate about story and will do my best to bring you more lore in our Community Team projects.

Aaaand now back to Tait!

Reported for off-topic ;)

Welcome! :)

And, according to linked-in.. it would indeed be Mr Watson, I presume. :D I like what I see in your resume.

Welcome, Tait!

Have I stalked you enough yet? :cool:

The internet is kind of scary... I know your hometown, previous work experience and the name of your girlfriend in the last 5 minutes. Or, wait, is it that I'm kind of scary? :confused:

PS 2 more minutes... birth place, school, college, friends...

Edited by CrazyMcGee

Welcome! Here are some tips to surviving the forums!

1. The pvp forums are dangerous AND FULL OF PEOPLE WHO RECKON THE GAME IS BROKEN SOLELY BASED ON THIER CHARACTERS ABILITY TO PVP OR NOT PVP FORGETTING THAT THIER CRIES FOR NERFS AND SUCH MESS UP US PVE PLAYERS, swim at your own risk

2. Communication is always welcomed

3. Rakghoul emoji make you appear friendlier :rak_03:

4. The General forums can be good or bad, proceed with caution.

5. I hold the prestigious position of Forum Apologist, naysayers shall not pass.

Fixed that for you :cool:;)

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Nope! Amber has accepted a different position at BioWare Austin and is now a Live Producer! She's still around, just behind the scenes.

I will be taking over the Patch Notes, but not immediately. Sometime in the next week or two they will be transitioned over to me.

Does that mean and end to laziness, when I started last December they would put up patch notes and when there would be down time in when opening launcher, then they only did it on the dev tracker, which was fine back then it was every Tuesday and Thursday so we all knew, the last few times they have not even bothered to put it up in dev.

Its very annoying to log on like 7pm my time to find out I can only play for 2 hours because of downtime, would be nice to know before hand to get on earlier.

Edited by AussieAlan