Female Romance Options

Vasdenjas

I play a male Consular and have barely been able to Flirt with anyone.

I guess, more so than even Jedi Knight, the Consulars are not much when it comes to romance options. As I read so far, Consular male can only have 1 in-crew romance while female can have 2? So you choose the right gender actually.

That line is actually why I made a male Jedi Knight. To choose the "right" gender since they havn't implimented same-sex flirting and relationships yet.

You should already be bummed then, they only want to add it in for NEW companions, rather than trying to retcon all the current companions.

That's pretty disappointing. Kira definitely needs to be available for JK's. I'm amazed at how bad and selective the romance options are. If before playing the game I would have had to bet on BW getting only one thing right, I would have put my money on companions and the romances. I never would have guessed things would be so screwed up.

It's stupid to have prejudice like this. And he's not a bug, he's human who mentally joined the killiks, it's quite different.

I'm doing the romance with him and even if he seems strange at the beginning you'll discover he's a very charming and adorable companion, and can switch to his "human" personallity if he wants to. But you need to do and continue the romance for that. Don't reject him just because he seems weird at the beginning.

So, out of curiosity, I thought I might run through the romance option on my IA. When I first hit 4000 affection with Vector, I gained a slew of conversations with him. I think I chose the flirt option on a couple, but not all.

Since that time, I'm now at 8000 affection, but there have been no further new conversations. I am level 37, if that figures into it. Is there another trigger or way to see if I can get the thing going, or is it all a wash at this point because I didn't choose the flirt option every single time the first 3-4 conversations?

I'm actually angry as heck that I can't romance Gault. All companions should be an option if storyline doesnt hinder, in my opinion.

I mean, come on...my bounty hunter isn't even human, and is totally just like him. Why would I want to go rub-a-dub-dub with a goodie-two-shoes in co-horts with the annoying cyborg?

Since that time, I'm now at 8000 affection, but there have been no further new conversations. I am level 37, if that figures into it. Is there another trigger or way to see if I can get the thing going, or is it all a wash at this point because I didn't choose the flirt option every single time the first 3-4 conversations?

I'm level 34 and got many conversations with him (like 9 in a row), and I'm around 6500 affection. I chose "flirt" every time I could.

The rest I saw it on youtube, some people posed their romance talks, that's why I know what happens next in the romance (I didn't watch everything not to spoil the pleasure, but some). I don't know how to unlock the rest. I think it's with more affection and maybe going further in the main quest?

For example, the romance was unlocked at the beginning of chapter 2, and I got many conversations at the same time because I already had something like 5000 affection with him.

Maybe it will be the same at chapter 3? at the beginning you'll have all the new conversations unlocked?

Edited by Evolvana

You should already be bummed then, they only want to add it in for NEW companions, rather than trying to retcon all the current companions.

I am personally refusing to romance on my female SI till they add in a female I can seduce, cus Pirate and Archaeology guy are fail romance options. Then again they should probably just let us go after Ashara as a forgiveness for the crappy storyline of the SI, but thats a different topic.

Where did you hear this? Did they state that?

If that's the case, I'm really *********** bummed.

I mean, I am playing this game as an MMO and going to primarily PvP and raid so it isn't a HUGE deal but I do kinda like jaessa for some reason.

They should have just added this **** at release.

With that said...I'm really thinking about rerolling a male just so I can get the character I want...

Edited by Sech

I'm a girl!

I know there are less female players than male player on SWTOR, but I'm disappointed to see that there are way more options of romance for male players than for girls!

Male player can romance aliens, twi'lek girls, etc, most of them are very beautiful... but girls can only romance humans! (except the Catar for soldiers, maybe)! why that? can't we girls go out with a twi'lek male, a Chiss male, etc? what's wrong with that?

In ME we girls could only have Kaidan as a male romance, and he was human. THEN they understood that we wanted more aliens for romance and added Thane and Garrus to flirt with for ME2.

Please Bioware, think about girl players too. Give us more choice! aliens, but also bulky and manly men as well! you know girls like romances and you should try to attract female players like that, too ^^

just my opinion :p

Corso is not human

If you want to flirt with every female in sight, try Sith Warrior male.

Every female quest giver I've come across has given me some form of Flirting option.

And you get Vette and Jaesa. It's almost like the devs want everyone to be a male SW.

And that VOICE.

If you do not lust after that voice, you are not a human being. Period.

Even if it's "I want to be best buddies with slight homosexual undertones with that guy".

When I'm playing a character in a video game, it has nothing to do with -my- sexual orientation

agreed.

i play female characters almost exclusively, and while this isn't a huge thing for me, it does influence my enjoyment of the game.

hell, ill play the game with a sub-optimal companion just because i prefer them over some of the more annoying ones. as an example, i can't stand aric (dam captain friskies... can't get over the cat thing) so he just stays on the ship when i play my trooper. when i play my SW, its either Pierce or Jaesa, just because i like their characters better.

I would have preferred to romance Jaesa, but i can't so i went with Pierce. its a minor annoyance, but not one that bothers me, as i understand my character isn't me.

a lack of romance, or lack of a romance option that i might be interested in in reality, doesn't bother me, the only thing that would bother me would be getting forced to romance someone that irritated the hell out of me for the sake of the story.

Edited by Jaidan

Forget the romance and chit chat, I'm a female gamer who wants the sex scene.

I am a sap (like I said in an earlier post) so of course I really dig the flirtatious banter, the kissing and groping and all that girly type junk. Other times (depending on my mood) maybe I want to just throw down my companion and....well, you know. I blame BioWare completely for ruining me with DA and appealing to my sappy side which for a long time was so carefully hidden. :p

Am all for more flirty/romance options and wish I could RP but alas, I doth sucketh at it.

umm from what I read they pretty much jumped through rings (no pun intended) to support gay men in dragon age 2 with very little for les, I haven't even played it and I heard that.

fem AND bi/gay? worst of both, you might as well be dead to games companies. I bet of that 89% male game developers statistic from that study above - it sounds like a made up number it's so sad - there's probably more men inclined to write male on male stuff than there are that 11% of women developers full stop even

just look at Jack she (as I played it anyway) was Shepherd's best friend, then it comes to "the romance point" and it stops dead like they just "left it blank" for fear of fox news like cowards... I will really be telling people who bring up ME3 (not giving it free publicity) to stay clear of it if they keep it up. >:| we'll see how it goes with star wars

Hia =) I have played DA2 plenty of times and I can debunk the little stuff for les-thing in DA2. You have two male LI:s and two female LI:s who are available for both MaleHawke and FemHawke. So gay or les Hawke have just as much love so to speak if you are looking at available partners. Now how you feel about those LI:s is as always subjective. I have romanced Merril(female) twice with FemHawke but have yet to romance Fenris(male). It's always tricky with the LI:s, right. What one person love another loathe. Personally I love Kaidan and Jacob, but can only see Garrus and Thane as friends.

Here in SWTOR I have yet to see a LI that I didn't like so there will probably be many of hours spent here =) Currently romancing Doc with my JK and on the way to Quesh.

happy gaming!

edit: try #2 with the spelling....

Edited by SilentKitty

Is it wrong that I was happy I finally scored with Jaesa while playing this morning? :D

She practically

and being the lovely pink-skinned, red-eyed Sith that I am, I grabbed her and took her. Can you imagine the psychotic babies those two would have?

I am jelly lol, I like Jaesa, i can be as evil as i want and i score points with her, unlike Vette...

/sigh

/vote 4 lesbian romances!
Ditto

QfT!

C'mon Bioware, it's a license to print money.

While I would call them something different, I gotta agree.

I want them to implement this pretty soon, as I'm not romancing anyone until I can romance a hot female alien. lol.

They knew that guys were going to play female toons, so it should be in already, (I ain't gettin' with no dude, nah.) but whatev.

I am 100% heterosexual, so the male companions are not romantically interesting to me at all. So, I'd like the option to romance a female companion with my female character. It has nothing to do with homosexuality. It's just a matter of wanting to romance the gender that is sexually appealing to me regardless of which gender I choose for the character I wish to play.

Homosexual players would also benefit from the same sex romance options. Everyone wins, right?

This.

I play a female warrior sith and want to romance jaenessa but obviously I can't due to the lack of same gender relationships.

I'm going to be so bummed if they don't retroactively allow us to romance past companions.

I dig jaenessa but it seems like maybe I made a mistake by picking what I think is a cooler looking female character.

Serious question, does anyone know if we will retroactively be able to romance current companions when same sex is added or only new ones?

I'm going to be so bummed if it isn't retroactive....

I am personally refusing to romance on my female SI till they add in a female I can seduce, cus Pirate and Archaeology guy are fail romance options. Then again they should probably just let us go after Ashara as a forgiveness for the crappy storyline of the SI, but thats a different topic.

Where did you hear this? Did they state that?

If that's the case, I'm really *********** bummed.

I mean, I am playing this game as an MMO and going to primarily PvP and raid so it isn't a HUGE deal but I do kinda like jaessa for some reason.

They should have just added this **** at release.

With that said...I'm really thinking about rerolling a male just so I can get the character I want...

Forget the romance and chit chat, I'm a female gamer who wants the sex scene.

io9.com/5231437/the-force-is-not-with-queer-people-in-the-star-wars-universe

darthhater.com/devtracker/topic/7215-official-statement-on-same-gender-romance-arcs-in-star-wars-the-old-republic

rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/14/same-sex-relations-in-swtor-post-release?

I haven't seen anyone argue against this, it seems Bioware seems to have a history of doing this with the Mass Effect games and now Mass Effect 3 keeping Jack in the obviously-censored-made-for-Fox-News straightness :( as well as "toning her down"

Edited by SelinaK

That line is actually why I made a male Jedi Knight. To choose the "right" gender since they haven't implemented same-sex flirting and relationships yet.

Is this to say that they are going to allow same-sex flirting/relationship options later on or are they just not going to do anything for it? Only reason that I want to ask is just that Bioware, recently, has always have that option in its latest games. So why wouldn't be allowed on this one, you know?

The impression that I've gotten is that BioWare tends to be copacetic with same-sex relationships in game, but that *LucasArts* is more skittish about it. Witness the way that Juhani and the potential to romance her as a female Revan are treated in KotOR I for one example of that tension playing out.

Is there no love for Andronikos Revel? At first I was a bit disappointed, and thought he was kinda ugly, but he's grown on me. At least now I stop picturing Ohgren when he talks :D

Also, the later companion you get, Talos (the empire dude that likes history) I thought was really great. His enthusiasm for ancient history is very cute. If only he was a bit younger looking. But I think he's not romanceable :/

I'm a fellow Andronikos lover :) I love his laid back attitude and his amoral ways fitted so well with my Assassin. After experiencing a few of the other romances, I have to say that Andronikos, Corso and Vector are the best out of all for me.

I really liked the idea of Tharan and Malavai as romances but for various reasons I've ended up disappointed with them,

I wish there was an option to tell Holiday to deal with or to get Malavai to not choose his boss over his damn wife. ffs man, you swore your loyalty and then did that? Dumbest move ever.

And then there's Doc. I cannot say enough just how much I find that man to be repulsive and infuriating (I've pretty much already said my piece in the Jedi Knight forums). I hate that I was cornered into a romance without picking the option of "I won't break my code!" which is rather out of character for my dark Jedi who will eventually romance someone if Bioware ever bring out a decent romance for the JK. I'm holding out hope for Scourge but I think I'm in the minority for this :(

The others I just plan to ignore their romances until a male or female option comes available at some point. I quite look forward to finding out the same sex options.

Maybe a Voss option as well? :D

I'm actually angry as heck that I can't romance Gault. All companions should be an option if storyline doesnt hinder, in my opinion.

I mean, come on...my bounty hunter isn't even human, and is totally just like him. Why would I want to go rub-a-dub-dub with a goodie-two-shoes in co-horts with the annoying cyborg?

YES. The worst thing is that Gault's personality makes him a prime target for flirtation/fling/anythingreally. My poor bountyhunter will be #foreveralone, as I just can't stand Torian.

I heard a rumor they are implementing same sex romances. would be a good idea since im sure it would attract players from the gay community. Problem i see is the bigots kicking up a huge fuss over a game and bioware would end up hot water.

some people are that closed minded

Patching/fixing/changing storylines and plot options is going to be a lot harder than simply adding a new zone or quest chain, though. It would be great if, someday, they added more branches to each class story, maybe let everyone choose one of two possible companions at level one, but that would mean re-leveling a character to see your new choices, something most people won't do. (I suppose they could do a kind of "story mode", where you cycle through each quest you've already done and pick new conversation options, or create "scaled" quests that challenge you at any level, or something.)

I have a question maybe we can get a Bioware rep out here to enlighten us (MAYBE). So say that everyone's dreams get answered and Bioware releases a whole new slew of optional companions that are romance-able. What do you do with the companion you are already in a relation with, will cheating/affair/break ups be a option? If such a case were to happen how would that effect their story from that point on? I mean will a cheated or broke up companion really wanna stay on board your ship? So many options so many paths. Well that's my two /tosses two cents :eek:

I'm all for the addition and expansion of the "romance options" as a whole. However I'm somewhat biased towards "my ONE companion". Unlike a lot of other players who have several ALTs, I'm going all out on my male trooper, doing every mission and every level, including a lot of crafting. I'm still only level 46 and I have 10,000 affection. I got to the marriage level and right now it seems like it's all over. But no need to derail this thread, if you are interested in going beyond the basics of marriage, check out this thread: "Once you marry your companion that's it?"

As for female companion options, I can't say I have any experience. But being a male trooper I think I'm in the same boat because I'm level 46 and only had Elara. HOWEVER, DONT COUNT OUT YOUR EXISTING OPTIONS. Why? because just like RL, people grow on you. I totally didn't like Elara in the beginning: she was an ex-Imp, and super strict. After sometime she started to loosen up, and I actually started to be less of a jerk in my responses. By the time the marriage happened, I was like "she's the one!" So like I said, I found all the good romance stuff happened AFTER ACT 2 (at least for trooper) and now I'm hoping they expand the "monogamous" options for my existing companion.

I heard a rumor they are implementing same sex romances. would be a good idea since I'm sure it would attract players from the gay community. Problem I see is the bigots kicking up a huge fuss over a game and bioware would end up hot water.

some people are that closed minded

Bioware had a lot of us angry when we found out there were not going to have same-sex romance at lunch, and they would just lose players if they don't keep there word on bring it.

It comes back to them carting to the straight man players, even I find that the Female classes are lucking in the romance department. I play a female Inq and I'm loving Andronikus but I didn't even get to have my first fling with an NCP till Alderaan.

I just hope when same-sex comes there some good oppositions. I want to play a male Characters but I need to Romance and I just cant Romance with a Female.