any info on 2.6?

amona

no sniper boost ?

u give ops/scounds,BH boost but not the worst pvp class in the game ?

lol...

to the others before trying to act cool like saying l2p class etc etc i do not play a sniper but i find them the worst class for pvp they are a rotation kill at best lol...

Lol snipers. You suffer no pushback, no interrupts, have CC immunity for 20 seconds straight, cannot be leapt to or pulled. Any problems you suffer, the other Ranged turrets like TK sage, and Arsenal Mercs (not sure i have the right spec, but I know one of the Merc trees is a turret spec) suffer from the same compounded. If you claim Snipers need a big buff, then Mercs are definitely gonna need similar buffs in bigger amounts.

And no, Snipers are not the worst class in the game. That laurel belongs either to DPS Ops or Madness Assassins.

Edited by EzioMessi

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Focus is frankly fine. MElee just needs aoe reduction as a whole. Focus itself as a spec is balanced in both PVE and PVP, as it has decent sustained and amazing aoe in PVE and in PVP, classes need to actually survive focus via aoe reduction, and focus sents need to be a tad squishier.

Focus is frankly fine. MElee just needs aoe reduction as a whole. Focus itself as a spec is balanced in both PVE and PVP, as it has decent sustained and amazing aoe in PVE and in PVP, classes need to actually survive focus via aoe reduction, and focus sents need to be a tad squishier.

Focus/Rage needs a defensive buff. From playing it this long, I can still see a lack of Defensive CD. Vig gets the passive 4% DR, making Shii-choo worse, and Vig also makes Focused Defense a 15% DR. Rage does get a 6% DR to Force attacks which helps in Dread stuff but still. Damage wise it's Okay, personally I'd prefer to have the Crit chance of Slash and Dispatch upped from 7.5% to 15%

Focus/Rage needs a defensive buff. From playing it this long, I can still see a lack of Defensive CD. Vig gets the passive 4% DR, making Shii-choo worse, and Vig also makes Focused Defense a 15% DR. Rage does get a 6% DR to Force attacks which helps in Dread stuff but still. Damage wise it's Okay, personally I'd prefer to have the Crit chance of Slash and Dispatch upped from 7.5% to 15%

Do you even realize that doing this will break Focus entirely for PvP?

In PvP, Focus Sents have the best defences, and both Sents and Guardians have amazing damage in this spec (although the latter still need a defence buff). If you want the damage buffed for PvE, they need to nerf something else so that PvP doesn't break.

Edited by EzioMessi

no sniper boost ?

u give ops/scounds,BH boost but not the worst pvp class in the game ?

lol...

to the others before trying to act cool like saying l2p class etc etc i do not play a sniper but i find them the worst class for pvp they are a rotation kill at best lol...

Snipers/gs suck in arena. But so does guardian/juggernaut. However sniper/gs is awesome in 8v8 whereas guardian/juggernaut are meh in 8v8.

Arena is impossible to balance. BW should've known better than to introduce it. Blizzard publicly regretted it and has been struggling miserably to balance it since it's introduction. Certain comps will always be king of arena, and no matter how good you are, if your class isn't part of that comp you can go pound sand.

Frankly, snipers/gs are in a good place. There are far more pressing issues such as pt/van/sin/shadow hybrids, op/scoundrel vs every other healer balance, guardian/juggernaut irrelevance, etc.

Do you even realize that doing this will break Focus entirely for PvP?

In PvP, Focus Sents have the best defences, and both Sents and Guardians have amazing damage in this spec (although the latter still need a defence buff). If you want the damage buffed for PvE, they need to nerf something else so that PvP doesn't break.

PVP is not the only content people do. People whine about balance and how it impacts PVP. Yet people whine at the PVE'ers to 'learn to play' when the PVP changes mess up PVE. I don't PVP nor do I care how it'll impact the Warzone.

Edited by Luckygunslinger

When we can finally expect to see ome improvements to Sage PVP heal in SEER build? Sage is useless as healer in PVP compared to other clasees ... always dmg improvements not heal ... :( for two years sage is like paper in PVP healing and Bioware ignores it ... Edited by Drahy

As long as the following;

Ossus

Ziost

Kashykk

Darth Marr boss fight

are mentioned this year, I'll be stoked.

no just no...darth marr is bad ***..they forced us to "kill the most bad *** sith ever...malgus" i do not want that to happen again..why not satelle for boss fight instead ?

no just no...darth marr is bad ***..they forced us to "kill the most bad *** sith ever...malgus" i do not want that to happen again..why not satelle for boss fight instead ?

Because Satele is equally as ******, if not more.

And may I remind everyone that Malgus died the classic "Disney death" (aka "never found the body" death)? We have seen Sith survive that and worse, so he might be brought back and be royally pissed at everyone I doubt that BW would just eliminate character that has lots of lore connected to him in such lame way.

Same thing applies to Revan, he is also not dead.

Never said not to have Satele as a Boss fight.

Republic side could have an Operation where they're required to go to and establish a beachhead on Ziost. After going through 2 - 3 bosses, boss 4 could be Marr's apprentice, in which we kill her. Boss 5 would be Marr himself, but not to the death, as right now in the timeline, Darth Marr is quite possible the only relevant high stature Sith.

Empire side could get the same Operation, only its an assault on the Jedi Temple on Tython (Thus opening up new areas for 55 Rep players, to help and rebuild the Temple), or an assault on Ossus, same as above, so many bosses, and then a fight with Satele, not to the death, as on the Jedi side, she's arguably the most important Jedi in existence right now.

Then a 3rd Planet could establish a 3rd Operation, where the final boss is a Corrupted Revan. The boss before Revan could be a ghost form of Darth Malak, before he got his jaw case.

As to what happens to Revan could be anything. Maybe use that fight to help establish the return of the Emperor or something.

Because Satele is equally as ******, if not more.

And may I remind everyone that Malgus died the classic "Disney death" (aka "never found the body" death)? We have seen Sith survive that and worse, so he might be brought back and be royally pissed at everyone I doubt that BW would just eliminate character that has lots of lore connected to him in such lame way.

Same thing applies to Revan, he is also not dead.

Erm, have you played False Emperor FP lately? They changed his death months ago, he dies now, you see the body, you don't push him into the shaft anymore.

Erm, have you played False Emperor FP lately? They changed his death months ago, he dies now, you see the body, you don't push him into the shaft anymore.

I always assumed that was a bug. If it is indeed a case of dumbing down the mechanics, then there should be a cutscene where he is thrown into the pit, as it was meant to...

I always assumed that was a bug. If it is indeed a case of dumbing down the mechanics, then there should be a cutscene where he is thrown into the pit, as it was meant to...

I've also tried multiple times to get people to let me push him off the edge, but alas the only time I have ever done it was when I solod him

I wouldn't worry too much about op/scoundrel DPS yet as the patch notes haven't come out.

For all we know, they are simply doing something such as moving flechette round to all shoot firsts (something DF scoundrels do anyway for their opener) and adding something better at the top of the scrapper tree for sustained DPS or something like that - but not really affecting DF and just helping scrappers out a little.

IF the changes are as radical as some people fear they will be THEN will be the time to complain.

Actually, if it is saved in some sensible data format, it is a question of writing a query that will filter out what they want to.

That, would require MORE than one people working on the class balancing.

With all due respect to Austin, balancing this MMO requires analysts, programmers and PROPER simulators.

..........I'm beginning to suspect only 13 ppl works at Bioware Austin, and 3 of those people are Musco's team.

That, would require MORE than one people working on the class balancing.

With all due respect to Austin, balancing this MMO requires analysts, programmers and PROPER simulators.

..........I'm beginning to suspect only 13 ppl works at Bioware Austin, and 3 of those people are Musco's team.

Well, how can we possibly argument against this logic... :rak_02:

Of course there are more people working there, Musco and his team are the only ones forced to face the constant ************ an whining of this community.

Well, how can we possibly argument against this logic... :rak_02:

Of course there are more people working there, Musco and his team are the only ones forced to face the constant ************ an whining of this community.

Well, ofc more ppl works and most facetime is met by community team..

But it is also true all class balance changes are programmed and implemented by a single guy. He said so himself, a reasonably long time ago, after layoffs.