40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

50% of the folks are saying take up slicing... while the other 50% says slicing was nerfed

so hard to get information from these forums :(

Slicing is still a very good way to get credits. Not as much as it was but still very very good. Even so you should be easily able to get enough credits and more for speeder training.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slicing helps, but you don't need it. I've had enough for my speeder on every character, be it beta or the 3 so far live. Just try to save and you'll be fine. I personally don't spend a penny while on NS until I have at least 48k.

I'm not really trying to get credits and at 23 I have 76k, I have slicing at about level 3 and 4 missions. On average they are costing about 800creds to send and get about 1200 creds back. This again is an averages.

It isn't hard to get credits if you are trying.

I'm not sure where exactly I'm throwing all my money but I'm 28 and I'm far away from affording a speeder.

I mean if I ever get 30k or so I've usually leveled enough to get rank thisorthat of whatever abilities and they're several thousand credits a pop.

Even if I don't get ones I outright don't need for my spec that's still a big hole for my credits to disappear into.

Well I have been working on my crew skills too, none of which actually give any money back for the effort, yet.

I mean it's not like I'm not to blame for not hoarding my cash, it's not inconceivable to be broke in this game though.

Edited by Kenthen

Slicing is still a very good way to get credits. Not as much as it was but still very very good. Even so you should be easily able to get enough credits and more for speeder training.

Again: I didn't do anything special while leveling my Juggernaut. I did found a guild at level 10 and spent 5000 credits on that. I didn't level diplomacy excessively and I did most of the quests on the planets. Yet I'm nowhere near 40k (or 50k really).

So either I've been doing something very very wrong or the people who brag about their cash are lying.

40k credits is dirt cheap at 25.

Also, but ones own inability to look for information isn't an excuse for developers to put a pop up every time you spend money saying "Hey, guess what? Mount Training at 25 is 40,000 Credits!"

Truth...

/thread

Because needing the ability to actually TRAVEL FROM PLANET TO PLANET TO LEVEL is the same as a luxury item that makes travel faster. You NEED the star ship to get to different planets to quest, you don't NEED the speeder, its a luxury.

And the only way to get from planet A to planet B is to have your own personal starship? That is free BTW. No training. Not credits. Really? How did you get from your starter planet to the fleet? There's no public transportation available? Really?

A speeder is a luxury but your own personal starship is a necessity?

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

You could try farming elites and security chests. Anyway, I had 70,000 credits by the time I bought my riding skill.

And the only way to get from planet A to planet B is to have your own personal starship? That is free BTW. No training. Not credits. Really? How did you get from your starter planet to the fleet? There's no public transportation available? Really?

A speeder is a luxury but your own personal starship is a necessity?

considering all of your companions and YOU LIVE on that starship, yea id say its a necessity.

40k really isn't that much all things considered. From just questing and lightly crafting and sending companions on missions (not slicing, so I was spending credits), I had 60some thousand credits at like level 20. And if you really wanted to, warzones give about 2k per run.

How hard and time consuming are the warzone runs? I'm kinda looking for a good way to get creds.

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

Umm, 40K is nothing.

You were warned, you just didn't bother to read it.

You fail.

Four multi-stage quests can pay off the cost of speeder training. That, and people do not need it until they reach Tatooine. The point is that at level 20, start to save for speeder training.

And a protip for buying new gear, get that from commendation vendors and quest rewards. Gear bought with credits from vendors usually ends up becoming a money hole if it's bought just for better stats.