No LFG & LFR, No Dual Spec, Transmorgification.

Jacen_Matthews

Ok, So I have been seeing these threads about LACK of features.

Have any of you ever thought about THESE "FEATURES" ARE NOT COMMING.

These things are features in another big MMO, that does NOT mean that everything from that game needs to be included in this one.

I, for one, HOPE that LFG/LFR are NEVER implemented, they destroyed that other game for me, as well a quite a few other players.

HMM, Dual spec, no game has ever survived/thrived with out this. Maybe this game is going to be one where you get one spec and thats it. I am cool with it.

Transmorgification, this is a horrible idea that really flys in the face of most mmo tradition. You should look like your gear makes you look, not how some mystical checkbox says you should look.

Just my 2 cents, flame away.

I hope for a LFG.

Dual spec...don't care. But respeccing shouldn't be soooo costly...

Transmog. I highly highly disagree about the gear thing. Sorry, but some or most of the end game gear looks ugly. I don't want to really wear it NOR does some of it fit the character I want to play. They just need to refine the mod system for orange gear though, they are on the right track...

I hope for a LFG.

Transmog. I highly highly disagree about the gear thing. Sorry, but some or most of the end game gear looks ugly. I don't want to really wear it NOR does some of it fit the character I want to play. They just need to refine the mod system for orange gear though, they are on the right track...

They basically have transmog in a roundabout way.

I hope for a LFG.

You don;t care till you have to roll the exact same class because you have a hair to play heals over tanking. Have fun with the cut scene spacebar mash! :)

Why do you automatically thing LFG/LFR HAVE to be cross-realm? Do you even think before you type? The benefits of same-server LFG/LFR would be enormous. Appearance tabs and dual spec are features found in every current gen MMORPG.

You don;t care till you have to roll the exact same class because you have a hair to play heals over tanking. Have fun with the cut scene spacebar mash! :)

You misunderstand, I am not against it at all unless it is dual spec with your AC. Dual spec within your class, go ahead. Doesn't bother me at all.

Why do you automatically thing LFG/LFR HAVE to be cross-realm? Do you even think before you type? The benefits of same-server LFG/LFR would be enormous. Appearance tabs and dual spec are features found in every current gen MMORPG.

No, I did not think LFG/LFR would be cross realm, that is not the point, even if it is same server I, as well as many other people dislike the amonimity that comes from a LFG/LFR. Appearance tab is still i terrible idea, I don't give a crap if it is in EVERY GAME MADE FROM HERE TO INFINITY!!

You're misinformed. For instance, dual speccing is confirmed as coming soon, as per the developers.

No, I did not think LFG/LFR would be cross realm, that is not the point, even if it is same server I, as well as many other people dislike the amonimity that comes from a LFG/LFR. Appearance tab is still i terrible idea, I don't give a crap if it is in EVERY GAME MADE FROM HERE TO INFINITY!!

There is no anonymity in a same-server LFD tool. You're not even making sense.

What about LFG would make anyone more or less anonymous than responding to a call in /1 and joining a group of random people that way?

Dual spec wouldnt allow you to switch between healing and tanking anyway. That would require the ability to swtich between classes, not specs, and there is currently no indication that this will ever be possible.

HMM, Dual spec, no game has ever survived/thrived with out this.

Say what? Did you think WoW had to start with or what? Also Dual Spec sucks! People just need to learn to play one class & one talent tree.

Also Dual Spec sucks! People just need to learn to play one class & one talent tree.

I'd rather play two, probably because I'm a good player and one isn't enough to keep all my interest. But since one is all you can handle, feel free to stick with one.

Say what? Did you think WoW had to start with or what? Also Dual Spec sucks! People just need to learn to play one class & one talent tree.

It was sarcasam, I am AGREEING with you.

Now, LFG, even same server LFG, let me paint a picture for you.

You que up, POP, you go in.

Oh look, there is the idiot who was spamming "Arrow to the Knee" jokes in trade 5 mins ago.

Oh, here he goes, so lets put him on ignore, now you can't see his chat, thus you cannot communicate with him in this GROUP environment.

You can now try to do an instance with no communication with 1/4 of the party or drop group and be BACK IN THE QUE. Repeat ad nausem.

It was sarcasam, I am AGREEING with you.

Now, LFG, even same server LFG, let me paint a picture for you.

You que up, POP, you go in.

Oh look, there is the idiot who was spamming "Arrow to the Knee" jokes in trade 5 mins ago.

Oh, here he goes, so lets put him on ignore, now you can't see his chat, thus you cannot communicate with him in this GROUP environment.

You can now try to do an instance with no communication with 1/4 of the party or drop group and be BACK IN THE QUE. Repeat ad nausem.

A good LFD tool uses your ignore list so this problem wouldn't happen if you were proactive and ignored him before you queued.

These things are features in another big MMO, that does NOT mean that everything from that game needs to be included in this one.

I, for one, HOPE that LFG/LFR are NEVER implemented, they destroyed that other game for me, as well a quite a few other players.

HMM, Dual spec, no game has ever survived/thrived with out this. Maybe this game is going to be one where you get one spec and thats it. I am cool with it.

Transmorgification, this is a horrible idea that really flys in the face of most mmo tradition. You should look like your gear makes you look, not how some mystical checkbox says you should look.

Just my 2 cents, flame away.

Dont forget this, the other so callled BIG mmo lives strong by having tho features other MMOs fail cos they dont have half of the features.

Did this so called BIG mmo come up with the idea for thoose type of features? NO, they took ideas from others, i cant see way SWTOR neeeds to be a stuck up and not adapt the same features.

Guys dual spec RUINS games, i mean people will be wanting specific things from specific classes, there is no challenge, i mean for example the only way a bounty hunter can ever get into a group is if he heals cause maybe he has one of the best things, but say you dont want to be a healer, but dual spec makes it so either your that or your not invited to the group, and you wouldnt be able to need the gear you actually need...its really a mess

Also dungeon finders WRECKSSSS communities

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT PEOPLE IF YOU WANT THESE THINGS GO PLAY THAT AND LEAVE THE PEOPLE THAT LOVE STAR WARS ALONE

Anonymity comes from a LFR/LFG tool being cross-realm. If it was limited to your server where you could blacklist people and make their future experience miserable, it wouldn't be bad. I don't get the hate. And *** is wrong with an appearance tab? Do you just NOT want it and hate it cause WoW has a version of it now? Do you want everyone running around in the same class defining armor and looking identical? Since when was choice a bad thing? MMORPGs are all about choice. I think you're playing the wrong genre.

Edited by Merex

I would like to see a LFG tool but one that only puts you in a group with people on the same quest. I don't want teleporting into the instance. IMO that turned WoW into Guild Wars / Dungeon and Dragons Online and EA should learn from their mistake. I don't want cross-server LFG either as when I meet someone cool and we have a laugh I want to stick with them and have a few more laughs.

Transmorg was a mistake over there and should never be implemented over here (more than in its current form anyway).

Dual spec I would like to see in the future as, as a healer, I wouldn't mind taking the DPS role occasionally without a full respec both in PvE and PvP.

Edited by Galacticburn

My opinion on some of these features:

LFG/LFD/LFR-Tool: Would be an improvement unless they walk the cross-realm path which killed the other game for me.

Dual-Specc: Within AC, yes please. I'd like to have a PvE/ PvP specc in endgame.

Appearence tab: I don't care about changing the actual look / shape of my gear. I would like an option to change the color scheme of my stuff though. Yes I'm a trooper. And yes I look like a douchebag because everything apart from my effing swamp-green chestplate is white.

Guys dual spec RUINS games, i mean people will be wanting specific things from specific classes, there is no challenge, i mean for example the only way a bounty hunter can ever get into a group is if he heals cause maybe he has one of the best things, but say you dont want to be a healer, but dual spec makes it so either your that or your not invited to the group, and you wouldnt be able to need the gear you actually need...its really a mess

Also dungeon finders WRECKSSSS communities

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT PEOPLE IF YOU WANT THESE THINGS GO PLAY THAT AND LEAVE THE PEOPLE THAT LOVE STAR WARS ALONE

Those people you talk about will still be wanting specific things from specific classes, even without dual spec. I don't group with them.

Dual spec gives people who want to play both roles option to do that. It also helps people to be competitive both in pve and pvp.

It is nice thing to have and nobody is forcing you to use it. But, if group has one spot left for healer then tey will be looking for a healer.

Also, wow is not the only game with dual spec.