Hood up armor?

JalenTigh

Uhh don't know if this has been mentioned, but all tier pieces have a hood.... Just go to social, turn off helm, enjoy a hood...

Confirmed this for both Tioneses and Colonmi, which are both easy to get. And in fact, quite a lot of the gear leveling up is the same way, you just need to turn off displaying your helm.

Enjoy

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i first saw the deceived cinematic, i was like "omg those sith robes are awesome!", so then i rolled a marauder (common sense was jugg=heavy armor | marauder=medium armor) with the hope i could find a set like that. Now im like "omg do i really need to look like a robot clown when im a character that wears medium armor??!!".

On a side note, why bioware cant let us have a helm + hood at the same time ?, they focus on character history, but it seems they dont care about your character appearance at all.

Edited by Drazirah

On a side note, why bioware cant let us have a helm + hood at the same time ?, they focus on character history, but it seems they dont care about your character appearance at all.

Look at the Juggernaut at the beginning of the trailer and tell me what's wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd1cmXFQlhw

Then look at the promo screenshot of Revan BW released. Now go run Foundry.

They took it away for some reason. Why? I have no idea. With all the broken **** in this game it wouldn't surprise me if implementing it stopped you from being able to enter conversations or something.

Edited by Kibaken

Uhh don't know if this has been mentioned, but all tier pieces have a hood.... Just go to social, turn off helm, enjoy a hood...

Confirmed this for both Tioneses and Colonmi, which are both easy to get. And in fact, quite a lot of the gear leveling up is the same way, you just need to turn off displaying your helm.

Enjoy

Its been mentioned only 20 times.

Yes, it has a hood. But it isn't a robe, and doesn't look like a sith robe, and still isn't quite the marauder look we're going for, that the sith warrior progression sold us on. Star Wars sith.

Its an okay set and it is growing on me, and most class' endgame sets look kinda so-so so I'm okay with it.

But there seriously can't be ONLY that, we need variety.

And that is only available post level 50. 1-49 Marauders should still look like sith, too.

When i first saw the deceived cinematic, i was like "omg those sith robes are awesome!", so then i rolled a marauder (common sense was jugg=heavy armor | marauder=medium armor) with the hope i could find a set like that. Now im like "omg do i really need to look like a robot clown when im a character that wears medium armor??!!".

Agreed, that cinematic looked so cool, and the sith warrior progression video had him wearing very similar style clothing.

Too bad everything that looks like medium robes is actually heavy, and everything medium looks heavy as can be.

As to why you can't have helmet + robe at the same time:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=276856

Thread about that question, where I go in DETAIL trying to explain to people why this likely had to happen.

They could fix it, but it'll take lots of time, there's no easy workaround.

I am leveling my Marauder at the moment, and the lack of hoods is incredibly disturbing.

Hooded robes are HEAVY armor? seriously? I see alot of Juggernauts running around looking like they are in full cloth, heavy armor should be like the vast majority of Bounty Hunter gear, plated and actually looking like it would protect you.

And the medium armor, it mostly looks more protective than the heavy armor, bad design choice by BW.

And this is just a thing that bugs me, my Marauder is female... I see loads of cool armor on males, and on the little icons, I then go and equip it, and its a sports bra with a small bum-cape that clips because the character's behind is too big, there is nothing threatening about a woman in a sports bra and skirt...

It seems to me that changing Marauders to medium armor at the last minute greatly reduced the feel of the class.

http://www.torhead.com/item/9vZW2be/xenotech-weaponmasters-vest

Too bad there isn't "drop location".

Could you care to elaborate ? Giving us the item name will go as far as giving away the item ID... Given that there isn't a way to see where/how to get it :rolleyes:

STILL WAITING FOR AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM BIOWARE ! (yeah could be asking for the moon instead I'd have more luck getting it I guess)

EDIT (thanks google)

Kaon is quite easy as an instance (in nm mode) except for the behemoth monster that takes 15 min to kill as he takes like 1/5th of damage done :D

Thanks for the tips.

EDIT2:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2uiufr4.jpg

But unfortunately it's from the Karagga palace raid :mad:

I'll stick to my BattleMaster chest for the moment.

Has it been confirmed that it does NOT drop in Kaon HM? Because that's where a couple of the guys on Vornskr claim to have gotten it.

I knew it dropped in Karagga's Palace though, I watched it happen and didn't get it. (was so furious, wanted it so badly) Kaon is LEAGUES easier, which is why I've been saying it.

And thank you. Thank you for paying attention. I only posted that about a bajillion times and people would not stop asking.

for the record, "Hiding your head" slot does not raise a hood on the Centurion gear, im still a few commendations short for the champion to figure that out.

EDIT. it has the same appearance as the champion and battlemaster gear, just no hood. with or without the hide headslot option

Edited by GLOCKJAW

for the record, "Hiding your head" slot does not raise a hood on the Centurion gear, im still a few commendations short for the champion to figure that out.

EDIT. it has the same appearance as the champion and battlemaster gear, just no hood. with or without the hide headslot option

I have seen many a Marauder with the Centurion chestpiece and there is most definitely a hood.

Did you pick Jug and not realize it?

got the xenotech weaponmaster vest from karragas palace sadly its worse overall than columi even with mods since the armoring in it has less str base. However there is good news you can score 140 rating armorings from hardmode operations to mod armor you like. Which is what i did back to my black talon robe lol.

got the xenotech weaponmaster vest from karragas palace sadly its worse overall than columi even with mods since the armoring in it has less str base. However there is good news you can score 140 rating armorings from hardmode operations to mod armor you like. Which is what i did back to my black talon robe lol.

I DO hope you know that the March Patch is going to make ALL purples 100% mod. So you can stat it out with PvP **** if you feel like it.

Still nothing from BW

HEY BIOWARE, WE ARENT GOING AWAY. WE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS, WITHOUT US, YOUR GAME DOESNT EXIST. PLEASE HELP US BE HAPPY WITH YOUR PRODUCT

and seriously? no medium gear from the dark vendor? SUCH AN EASY FIX RIGHT THERE

:mad:

so much truth in this, the dark side vendor thing is ridiculous.

EDIT: By the way, BioWare, if you would ever edit the dark side vendor to sell medium armor, please, PLEASE! let him sell MEDIUM LOOKING armor, not that "heavy looking-medium armor-shenanigan", trust me, we will appreciate it.

Edited by Drazirah

Remember the opening cutscene Deceived? A ship crashes into the Jedi temple. According to the Wiki every Sith in that ship was classified as a Marauder. Full cloak, and harass mask. The hooded jacket was cool, but I'd prefer one of those cloaks. I don't even care about this crappy Transformers armor. Wtb full cloak. Or at least give us a cosmetic cloak slot. Imagine how many people you would make happy with that simple change.

POINT: Add a new slot on our character sheet for Cloaks and other cosmetic changes to go overtop this funky looking armor.

THIS is what we want:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/Thuran/Marauder.png

This is what we were promised. That is from the official THE OLD REPUBLIC website, showing the marauder in the sith warrior advanced classes and progression video.

That sith is clearly a marauder, he's got two sabers. There's no debate.

That look is EXACTLY what we want. JUST THAT. JUST GIVE US THAT. JUST ONE SET.

It actually looks like medium armor. Its not a dress, like all the things we get (which looks like light armor), and it isn't crazy hard robocop steel plate (which should be heavy).

The level 40 pvp Entropic Assault set looks very similar to this (although more purple than black) but is heavy armor ONLY.

PLEASE GIVE US A SET LIKE WE WERE PROMISED.

THIS is what we want:

This is what we were promised. That is from the official THE OLD REPUBLIC website, showing the marauder in the sith warrior advanced classes and progression video.

It actually looks like medium armor. Its not a dress, like all the things we get (which looks like light armor), and it isn't crazy hard robocop steel plate (which should be heavy).

The level 40 pvp Entropic Assault set looks very similar to this (although more purple than black) but is heavy armor ONLY.

YES.

Ultra disappointed with the look of my Mara at all times. I can't for the life of me understand why they removed this. (but then again they also removed the color match so ... Bioware logic does not have it seems.

THIS is what we want:

QFT.

Yes, there may be other balancing/bug fixes/improvements on the table that may take priority, but PLEASE, put them aside for a small amount of time to Do The Right Thing.

We have been dealing with the balancing/bug fixes/improvements already. Change gears to make alot of Siths wickedly, evilly happy.

Sith angry > Bruce Banner angry

Edited by Blackstab

You know what? I'm just sick of dresses. Every piece of armor I come across is a robe with a dumb Darth Vader thing around the neck. Even Darth Maul's robes were only knee length....with a hood. I also don't remember Darth Vader wearing a dress.

In Beta we had some of the armor that is now fully Jugg only. Can see the legs, some material down the back to the knee. Material in the front. Knee high boots, no spikes on the shoulders like the PVP set. There is A HOOD on half of it and the other half has the hood tossed back. But they took that look away from Mara's and made it Heavy.

To add insult to injury I just got offline after fighting an elite in the black Juggernaut only gear with a Hood that I liked since day one. This elite was using two lightsabers. Now I'm just irritated beyond belief.

I'm 50 and still wearing red marauder leggings and a Sharpshooter trench. As things look I think I will be wearing this for quite a long time into the future. I have no inclination to put on a dress and superman cape or wear the Anime tubing and spikes PVP gear.

Yes I am venting. Thx BW for allowing a dual wielding NPC to wear what I can't have.

Edit: I am referring to the Baras Guardian Champion on Corellia.

Edited by Reil

Also on Corellia

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/screenshot2012013020364.jpg/

Notice the two lightsabers, that's an NPC marauder wearing something I would love to be able to wear. There are tons of marauder NPCs all over the place wearing armor that I would kill to possess. There are even NPC marauders on corellia wearing the same armor as Thana Vesh and I know Juggs and Marauders alike would love to be able to wear that set.

The fix is really simple. Just let Marauders wear Heavy armor again. No reason for us to be the only class that has it's advanced classes in different types of armor.

Has it been confirmed that it does NOT drop in Kaon HM? Because that's where a couple of the guys on Vornskr claim to have gotten it.

I knew it dropped in Karagga's Palace though, I watched it happen and didn't get it. (was so furious, wanted it so badly) Kaon is LEAGUES easier, which is why I've been saying it.

And thank you. Thank you for paying attention. I only posted that about a bajillion times and people would not stop asking.

Was this on Karagg's Palace hard mode or normal?

It wouldn't be hard for a small section of their design team to implement a cosmetic slot onto our character sheet and give us full bodied robes that cover this gross, boring and bland looking armor. I don't want my Sith to look like a damn Droid. Plus you could have crap like guild insignias on the back it them or whatever. Various styled robes you could buy from various vendors and it would make everyone happy. A simple fix. Think about it