Hood up armor?

JalenTigh

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be hard for a small section of their design team to implement a cosmetic slot onto our character sheet and give us full bodied robes that cover this gross, boring and bland looking armor. I don't want my Sith to look like a damn Droid. Plus you could have crap like guild insignias on the back it them or whatever. Various styled robes you could buy from various vendors and it would make everyone happy. A simple fix. Think about it

It would take even less effort to just have ONE guy make ONE orange mod black robe in medium. Adding cosmetic slots would take some time, and with the mod system, they don't need them. They just need a *few* more options, and the ability to mod endgame gear (which is already on the way)

Hey, they could even make it a dark side reward, so we FINALLY GET SOMETHING FROM THE DARK SIDE VENDOR

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by miliways

YES.

Ultra disappointed with the look of my Mara at all times. I can't for the life of me understand why they removed this. (but then again they also removed the color match so ... Bioware logic does not have it seems.

Color-match is coming back next month.

Still no word on *** is going on with Marauder though.

Seriously, no gear at the dark side vendor? How do you ignore that for several patches?

After so many posts and threads from the Marauder community showing our anger and dismay at our poorly designed, non hooded, non Marauder looking armor together with the fact that no BW employee has even given us a simple acknowledgment that they are looking into it/working on something I think we need to take matters a step forward.

So last night I cancelled my sub, I stated the reason was I could not continue to put time and effort into a character that looked so bad and so far from what myself and 1000's of other Marauders were thinking of when we chose the class.

I also added a lot of the community’s thoughts regarding how we look now and how we should look.

Before you all flame me for quitting over what some might think a trivial matter hear me out.

I still have 60 days playtime, I am still playing the game and I am free to re-sub at anytime but we are getting nowhere on these forums and we are getting no response from any BW staff.

If enough of us cancelled and stated the reason as 'Un-Marauder' looking armors someone in BW might sit up and take notice?

It's a long shot I know but hitting any business where it hurts the most (in the wallet) normally gets noticed.

Hey just make Imp Agent lvl 50 PVE armor FULLY modable so it's not restricted to one class. It's more Sith looking (in a Darth Maulesque fashion) than sith armor is. Comes in a variety of colors. I'd happily wear it. Or give me a cosmetic slot for it. All happy for me at any rate. I love that armor.

Watched all the movies, read a lot of books and graphic novels. Not getting why BW thought we are supposed to look like cyborg/droid/transformers. Why does an Imp Agent look more like a force user than I do?

Here's keeping my fingers crossed for a resolution down the road.

Edited by Reil

After so many posts and threads from the Marauder community showing our anger and dismay at our poorly designed, non hooded, non Marauder looking armor together with the fact that no BW employee has even given us a simple acknowledgment that they are looking into it/working on something I think we need to take matters a step forward.

So last night I cancelled my sub, I stated the reason was I could not continue to put time and effort into a character that looked so bad and so far from what myself and 1000's of other Marauders were thinking of when we chose the class.

I also added a lot of the community’s thoughts regarding how we look now and how we should look.

Before you all flame me for quitting over what some might think a trivial matter hear me out.

I still have 60 days playtime, I am still playing the game and I am free to re-sub at anytime but we are getting nowhere on these forums and we are getting no response from any BW staff.

If enough of us cancelled and stated the reason as 'Un-Marauder' looking armors someone in BW might sit up and take notice?

It's a long shot I know but hitting any business where it hurts the most (in the wallet) normally gets noticed.

That would required a lot of planning and effort. Maybe you should start a new thread stating that. Or we could all call their Customer Service at the same time?

Also on Corellia

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/screenshot2012013020364.jpg/

Notice the two lightsabers, that's an NPC marauder wearing something I would love to be able to wear. There are tons of marauder NPCs all over the place wearing armor that I would kill to possess. There are even NPC marauders on corellia wearing the same armor as Thana Vesh and I know Juggs and Marauders alike would love to be able to wear that set.

The fix is really simple. Just let Marauders wear Heavy armor again. No reason for us to be the only class that has it's advanced classes in different types of armor.

Thana Vesh armor = Win.

BTW there is a topic about Marauder armor in the General Discussion>Suggestion box thread that is hardly being used. We should all go there and drop good suggestions for what we would like to see happen. The Devs may be more inclined to read that thread before any other.

Edited by Reil

Most armor has a hood when you hide your helm slot. This includes all tier gear and PvP gear. Pmuch anything that has a good displayed on the back while headslot is shown at high levels will give you a hood when you hide the head.

Bumping for justice.

My marauder is continuing to progress through the levels, and as I don't feel right putting her in operative gear, the best I have for her is a black superman cape :/, don't feel Marauder-like at all, and I always look like my armor is more protective than the juggernauts running around in cloth robes -.- ***.

I haven't re-read the posts to see if this was mentioned, but here it is.

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

Linkage (Third or fourth question down)

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

I have seen a few threads talking about the lack of medium armor with hoods option on the Empire side. In these threads someone makes mention that they have a hood pice but they dont remember where they got it from.

Is there a list somewhere, buried on the internet, of all medium armor that comes with a hood? I understand that for some pieces you have to turn your helmet slot off. I just dont want to start buying medium pieces just to test it.

I am a sniper and my goal would be to buy some Marauder armor (PvP, PvE or possibly trade with an up and coming marauder alt I have) and swap the mods out so that I would be runing around with a hood.

I have seen a few threads talking about the lack of medium armor with hoods option on the Empire side. In these threads someone makes mention that they have a hood pice but they dont remember where they got it from.

Is there a list somewhere, buried on the internet, of all medium armor that comes with a hood? I understand that for some pieces you have to turn your helmet slot off. I just dont want to start buying medium pieces just to test it.

I am a sniper and my goal would be to buy some Marauder armor (PvP, PvE or possibly trade with an up and coming marauder alt I have) and swap the mods out so that I would be runing around with a hood.

- you don't have to buy. Just remove the head piece, and ctrl+left click on the item you want to check the appearance. It's the TOR's limited wardrobe so far. That way you will be able to see the medium chest which have hoods up.

- You're an IA, then look for the operative pieces. There are more hood up armours for operative than for marauders.

- you don't have to buy. Just remove the head piece, and ctrl+left click on the item you want to check the appearance. It's the TOR's limited wardrobe so far. That way you will be able to see the medium chest which have hoods up.

- You're an IA, then look for the operative pieces. There are more hood up armours for operative than for marauders.

I tried that with the marauder PvP items. No hoods on any of them. Then I tried it with the Heavy Armor PvP pieces and sme thing no hood. But THEN I tried it with the heavy armor chest piece and the heavy armor head piece and got a hood. So I dont know if its bugged or what. And yes my "Dont show head slot item" was ticked. So I dunno what the story is.. But I cant equip heavy armor so I am SoL there.

I am an IA. But I have had zero pieces with a hood on them. Thats why I am asking here. You claim that I have more options, then prove it. Where? Where do I get them? Do I have to check the AH? Do I need to be 50 and check the PvE stuff? Anwers like that dont help, if there are options I would be most grateful if you pointed me to them.

Edited by RonniDoitch

I tried that with the marauder PvP items. No hoods on any of them. Then I tried it with the Heavy Armor PvP pieces and sme thing no hood. But THEN I tried it with the heavy armor chest piece and the heavy armor head piece and got a hood. So I dont know if its bugged or what. And yes my "Dont show head slot item" was ticked. So I dunno what the story is.. But I cant equip heavy armor so I am SoL there.

I am an IA. But I have had zero pieces with a hood on them. Thats why I am asking here. You claim that I have more options, then prove it. Where? Where do I get them? Do I have to check the AH? Do I need to be 50 and check the PvE stuff? Anwers like that dont help, if there are options I would be most grateful if you pointed me to them.

Yeah. Go check your PvE stuff (Tionese, Columi, Rakata). I **** you not dude, you'll look like you're straight outta ****in Assassin's Creed, no lie.

Yeah. Go check your PvE stuff (Tionese, Columi, Rakata). I **** you not dude, you'll look like you're straight outta ****in Assassin's Creed, no lie.

THANK YOU!

I went and checked it out. Looks pimp.

And to see if a piece has a hood or not you have to UN-EQUIP your currently equiped helmet, doesnt matter if you have "dont show helm" option clicked or not. WIth no helmet on I can now see which pieces have a hood

Now just turning level 50 I'm resorting to wearing IA modable gear to look some what decent.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3285693/Screenshot_2012-02-24_22_56_39_529775.jpg

Yes thats me on the left standing next to an NPC that appears to be what most would consider to be a Marauder...

Really disapointed that I chose this as my 1st character to play i'm having so much fun playing the class and i will continue to play it but, i never felt like a Marauder leveling from 10 to 50 and now i feel like ive wasted that epic 1st playthrough. I can't bring myself to level a Juggernaut and play the same story and quests just so that i look awesome only to get to 50 and find that the Marauder gear looks the same. (more so the PvP gear)

Cheerz BW for ruining my 1st playthrough. This is all we wanted http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3285693/Sith%20Marauder.jpg

LOL

I love the facepalm animation!

hahaha!

Now just turning level 50 I'm resorting to wearing IA modable gear to look some what decent.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3285693/Screenshot_2012-02-24_22_56_39_529775.jpg

Yes thats me on the left standing next to an NPC that appears to be what most would consider to be a Marauder...

Really disapointed that I chose this as my 1st character to play i'm having so much fun playing the class and i will continue to play it but, i never felt like a Marauder leveling from 10 to 50 and now i feel like ive wasted that epic 1st playthrough. I can't bring myself to level a Juggernaut and play the same story and quests just so that i look awesome only to get to 50 and find that the Marauder gear looks the same. (more so the PvP gear)

Cheerz BW for ruining my 1st playthrough. This is all we wanted http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3285693/Sith%20Marauder.jpg