This game badly needs mods and macros.

Zingas

Well what if it wasnt 96% to 4% what if it was 56% not wanting them and 44% that did would you be ok with letting majority win?

Reported really wow guess that stung more than i thought it would:cool:

I didn't report you, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Second, I would be extremely surprised if a majority were against addons.

But go on, believe whatever you like. The majority are against addons, I reported you because you really got to me, and dinosaur bones were buried by the devil to test our faith.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've either played them or watched the video leaks for them. Every encounter is a basic tank and spank for the most part, and some bosses may have a single mechanic thrown in. Difficulty does not change mechanics either.

You sure about that? Cause here's an interesting fact. In the MMO-that's-not-to-be-named difficulty actually changes the fights. Or well it does in some of them being more than just number increases.

But how would you know that from watching youtube instead of doing the actual content :rolleyes:

increase the fun for others, and decrease it for others, over all including it into the game would have a negative affect on some and a positive affect on others. This is why it shouldnt be included cause the game is fine right now, it doesnt negatively impact anyone now if its not included it just stays the same.

Lets see playing aion as a range class, i put 6 ability, cycles into macro's that always starts with a cc, obeyed global cc, but would maximize dps output. within 6-7 clicks and a bit of moving the enemy was almost always dead. if they werent using macros they wouldnt stand a chance cause there was no 'if i clicked right as it expired, or if i immediately clicked when it cooled down' i always clicked exactly when it was availible as thats what the macro was supposed to do.

was it fun? no, was it necessary to keep competitive in pvp, definitely, am i glad macro's arent in Tor, 100%

WoW has a macro system, it is heavily limited but it works perfect. Rift has a less limited but still limited macro system, it works well. The WoW macro system would not allow you to play in such a way.

A WoW style limited macro system would be perfect. Damage meter mods are almost required for this game to gain any type of large scale raiding scene (to compete with wow). UI Customisation is required because currently the UI does not provide good enough for the massive ammount of actual abilities most classes have to use.

Edited by Bigbazz

But go on, believe whatever you like. The majority are against addons, I reported you because you really got to me, and dinosaur bones were buried by the devil to test our faith.

There was a poll about a month ago. The add-on haters were in minority, trust me.

I sorely underestimated just how poor the UI would turn out. It is so uncustomizable it isn't funny. Health bars, buffs, debuffs, and the power bar are all WAY too small. You can't move or resize anything, I HATE having the chat box up the top.

Not having a damage meter or even a freaking combat log is ridiculous. Why shouldn't we even know how much damage we're doing? I want to know what the best rotation is for my character and I have absolutely no way of working that out.

Macros are a staple in every MMO, how can you just not have them? There's a nice focus target but it's practically useless without focus macros.

These should be top priority for the next patch.

Stop whining, it's the first week..... Jeeze, you obviously have never been at an mmo launch before

Edited by Middles

I think we need macros and addons, especially at higher levels. Some can enhance your gameplay, others are just useless. For me right now the lack of quickbars is annoying, I have more spells than I have bars and yes I'm a clicker. I've tried to put some of the non-essential stuff in a right hand bar but I still don't have enough room so a quickslot bar addon (like bartender) would be great. Seeing as I'm a consular sage an addon like decursive would be fantastic, right now I can't really see the de-buffs that I might be able to remove from a player, and in raids having to click on that player and then remove it might take to long and would wipe a party. Threat meters is also a must in raids imo, the same people complaining about addons and macros are the same people that would be pissed off with you by pulling mobs because your threat was too high. Macros and addons are needed, and any good game worth it's salt would let you use them.

Oh so you did the raids already? I wanna be as awesome as you :(.

Bet you cleared all 3 difficulty modes as well!

Yeah amazing games those are. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'd enjoy it if you'd be healing like a pro while half your raid presses random buttons doing less dps than a tank and wiping you endlessly!

I wouldn't mind. Because it's a game. It's meant to be fun. If my group can still win even with little billy only doing 1/10 the damage of the others, why not let him?

This is what I meant, it turns PVE, which is supposed to be about cooperation, and having fun with others, into a bragging contest and elitist haven.

Surprised like every single wow person that starts a Lets have Dual spec poll and finds out its nearly 50/50 for and against or more against than for.

I personally read the majority of posts from the last thread and at least 40% of them were strongly against global addons and macro's so if thats any indication then it would be a close vote and if its that close they wouldnt put it in in fear of pissing off the large minority that didnt want it to please the majority that are already playing and paying, that just want it.

There was a poll about a month ago. The add-on haters were in minority, trust me.

Doesn't even matter, addons are coming and the people who hope to hide their lack of skill are going to be out in the open again.

Not that we can't really tell who they are, i mean they're protesting against addons right now. Pretty obvious why.

Of course they are. It's an insane position that just reeks of the pseudo-elitist RP clique. MMORPGs are about killing **** and getting treasure. Furthermore, they are about killing **** better to get shinier treasure than the next guy.

I actually have a completely different attitude if I have a #2 pencil and a D20 in my hands, but that's not how it works in MMORPG world.

You sure about that? Cause here's an interesting fact. In the MMO-that's-not-to-be-named difficulty actually changes the fights. Or well it does in some of them being more than just number increases.

But how would you know that from watching youtube instead of doing the actual content :rolleyes:

I've done every flashpoint so far, and I can tell you they are ALL tank and spanks, minus a few exceptions that can usually be summed up as "dont stand in the aoe" or "run from this".

Health bars, buffs, debuffs, and the power bar are all WAY too small. You can't move or resize anything, I HATE having the chat box up the top.

Not having a damage meter or even a freaking combat log is ridiculous. Why shouldn't we even know how much damage we're doing? I want to know what the best rotation is for my character and I have absolutely no way of working that out.

Macros are a staple in every MMO, how can you just not have them? There's a nice focus target but it's practically useless without focus macros.

Weird and sorry if someone addressed this already, but yes you can move the chat box. You just click and drag last time I checked. I know my husband's is on the top right.

The power bar is too small? Maybe this all for your monitor size because if anything I would like to make my UI smaller.

Macros? I have a friend who dual boxes and has one jedi macro'd to heal the other. He just hits a button.

I'm not trying to troll when I say it doesn't sound like they need addons and mods as much as you don't know how to do things without them.

Edited by Msbungle

I wouldn't mind. Because it's a game. It's meant to be fun. If my group can still win even with little billy only doing 1/10 the damage of the others, why not let him?

This is what I meant, it turns PVE, which is supposed to be about cooperation, and having fun with others, into a bragging contest and elitist haven.

That's good for you. I'm sure you'd fit right in a casual guild then with like-minded people so you can wipe forever to your hearts content.

However it's a bit selfish to expect everyone around you to carry you don't you think?

And lol@flashpoints. Wasn't talking about dungeons. Dungeons are a joke, always. Was talking about end-game raids.

Edited by Skeelol

Surprised like every single wow person that starts a Lets have Dual spec poll and finds out its nearly 50/50 for and against or more against than for.

I personally read the majority of posts from the last thread and at least 40% of them were strongly against global addons and macro's so if thats any indication then it would be a close vote and if its that close they wouldnt put it in in fear of pissing off the large minority that didnt want it to please the majority that are already playing and paying, that just want it.

I am completely certain that we'll all be using addons in six months and will have forgotten the literally dozens of angry souls who quit over it.

Edited by AlpsStranger

I'm not trying to troll when I say it doesn't sound like they need addons and mods as much as you don't know how to do things without them.

I primarily want information/QoL addons. I am well aware how to do such things, but this doesn't allow for Recount or Auctioneer type functionality.

It's as simple as this:

People don't want recount/skada type of addon so they can hide behind any kind of excuse and lie about what they did / performance etc without someone being able to call them out.

It's as obvious as night and day.

That's good for you. I'm sure you'd fit right in a casual guild then with like-minded people so you can wipe forever to your hearts content.

However it's a bit selfish to expect everyone around you to carry you don't you think?

And lol@flashpoints. Wasn't talking about dungeons. Dungeons are a joke, always. Was talking about end-game raids.

I love how you switch to personal "insults".

If you want to chase after the carrot while running on a treadmill, go back to that other MMO that caters to people like you. Let TOR be something NEW, other than a 2nd job that you pay to have.

If you want to chase after the carrot while running on a treadmill, go back to that other MMO that caters to people like you. Let TOR be something NEW, other than a 2nd job that you pay to have.

What insults my friend? You're obviously casual and you should find people who think just like you.

Just because there's people like me who strive for perfection in whatever they do and are competitive in nature i don't see why you'd be selfish to expect us to carry everyone around. The lack of addons that track your performance is just that. An excuse to be lazy.

I primarily want information/QoL addons. I am well aware how to do such things, but this doesn't allow for Recount or Auctioneer type functionality.

That quote wasn't a reply to you, but yes there are some addons that are useful and some which show the person doesn't know how to play. Deadly boss mods for example was just a way to help the lazy.

It's as simple as this:

People don't want recount/skada type of addon so they can hide behind any kind of excuse and lie about what they did / performance etc without someone being able to call them out.

It's as obvious as night and day.

Or it's because they are unneeded. I proved this to a guild back in *that* mmo that claimed you NEEDED a mod to survive some boss fight. I video taped the encounter, which I did without a single add-on. Unlike some of my guild mates, who died despite having an addon to tell them when to move and where, I never messed up once.

Add-ons are a crutch, plain and simple.

If SWTOR wanted to be something "new" it has a funny way of showing it.

Or are you one of the people who is actually fooled by the quest dialogue and light/dark bar? These are window-dressing tributes to KOTOR, not fundamental aspects of the game.

Edited by AlpsStranger

I for 1 would despise any form of mod that allows someone else to tell me how to play my own toons, that limits my ability to enjoy content in game because i won't be told how to play my toon, and further more that not only promotes but encourages the community to fragment.

Before you make some hasty stereotypes, i played eve for 7 years, still have accoutns but am currently taking a break. I did the spreadsheet online, the dps mods, the fleet fittings, the your not good enough attitudes. It suited eve just fine, it ruined wow, and it will ruin ToR

GW did just fine without addons

I even played end game WoW without addons, it took forever to find a guild that was ok with it and at the end i had to install a dps meter prove i could do it then i was allowed to uninstall all of it.

If BW thinks the game needs it they will include it, if not they won't. but dont tell me how i should play or anyone else in this game cause thats what your doing when you say its needed and if you don't want it tough.