Pay 2 win crowd taking over

TheOne

There's the Green req, which is what you use for upgrades, which is ONLY EARNED IN BATTLE. Then there's the pink/purple req, which you CAN buy w/ CC, and as far as I'm aware, only unlocks ships and cosmetics.

This is somewhat inaccurate.

Ship Req (green) is only earned in battle, and can only be used to buy upgrades for the ship you fought with.

Fleet Req (pink/purple) is also only earned in battle. 1/10 of your Req you gain from any fight is Fleet Req. You cannot buy Fleet Req with CC. Fleet Req CAN be used to purchase upgrades, just like Ship Req, and it can be used to buy upgrades for any ship, rather than just one. It can also be used to buy new ships and crew members.

Any time you have Ship Req, you may spend 1CC to convert 25 Ship Req to Fleet Req. (So converting 1000 Ship Req to 1000 Fleet Req costs 40CC. That is the only way that CC interacts with Req.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So getting blasted by a friend that's used over 10000 CC to quick grind is fair?

Has OP considered the possibility that his (or her) friend is simply a better player?

Also, do we have the ability to check other players loadouts and upgrades purchased? If not, how are we getting this information on how many people are spending how many CC's to convert to fleet reqs? Word of mouth? Communication from OP's friends? OP is leveling some pretty serious claims against this particular practice calling it "unfair" and "despicable" It would be unfortunate if the magnitude of these claims were simply exaggerated by hurt feelings from a series of losses.

This is somewhat inaccurate.

Ship Req (green) is only earned in battle, and can only be used to buy upgrades for the ship you fought with.

Fleet Req (pink/purple) is also only earned in battle. 1/10 of your Req you gain from any fight is Fleet Req. You cannot buy Fleet Req with CC. Fleet Req CAN be used to purchase upgrades, just like Ship Req, and it can be used to buy upgrades for any ship, rather than just one. It can also be used to buy new ships and crew members.

Any time you have Ship Req, you may spend 1CC to convert 25 Ship Req to Fleet Req. (So converting 1000 Ship Req to 1000 Fleet Req costs 40CC. That is the only way that CC interacts with Req.

I have not seen where Fleet req can get upgrades....I have a crapload of fleet req (not enough for a new ship though), but have never seen the option to use fleet req for an upgrade. Maybe I'm blind - but where in the UI does one do that?

I fixed the most noticeable errors for you, you may want to look over the correct answers and update any other posts you made with the incorrect information.

Q: Which requisitions do I use to upgrade my ship's performance?

A: Green Ship Requisitions (hence the term ship requisitions ftw.)

Incomplete: Both Ship Req and Fleet Req can be used to upgrade a ship. Ship Req can only be spent for that Ship (which is why it's called 'Ship Req'), and Fleet Req can be spent on any ship in your Fleet (hence the name 'Fleet Req'). In fact, unless you turn on a warning preference, GS won't even tell you that you've run out of Ship Req and are now spending Fleet Req.

Q: What performance upgrades can be purchased with purple Fleet Requisitions?

A: None.

Incorrect: The correct answer is 'All'

Q: So purple Fleet Requisitions are used only to buy new ships and add crew members?

A: Yes.

Incorrect. The correct answer is "No, Fleet Upgrades can also be used to purchase upgrades if you do not have enough Ship Req."

Q: So what performance upgrades can I purchase with CCs?

A: Not a damn one.

While you cannot directly purchase upgrades for CC in the Cartel Market, you can convert Ship Req to Fleet Req using CC. In a post near this one I calculated that one can easily acquire 6814 Fleet Req / day just playing 2 games a day and buying a lot of CC. You won't be able to gear up your other ships (or at least not very well), but you can upgrade any one ship very fast.

Edited by eartharioch

I have not seen where Fleet req can get upgrades....I have a crapload of fleet req (not enough for a new ship though), but have never seen the option to use fleet req for an upgrade. Maybe I'm blind - but where in the UI does one do that?

GS does this for you automatically unless you enable a certain preference to warn you before spending Fleet Req when you don't have enough Ship Req.

Edited by eartharioch

The issue here is just that the dailies grant requisition to all ships in a players hangar. A large portion of players prefer to play only one class of star fighter, which means that they can convert the green ship requisition from all the ships in their hangar into fleet requisition. Fleet requisition can be used to purchase anything, including component upgrades which is unfair. This allows those that have cartel coins to constantly accumulate great amounts of fleet requisition and dump it all into upgrades for a single ship. These players become stronger than the rest of us much faster, which allows them to kill the rest of us easier and gain more requisition faster. So it is indeed somewhat pay to win. There is no way to convert ship requisition into fleet requisition with any currency obtained in game, and these upgrades are not purely aesthetic. :eek::mad:

If you try to buy something that costs more than your available Ship Req, you will get a pop-up asking if you want to spend Fleet Req.

The issue here is just that the dailies grant requisition to all ships in a players hangar. A large portion of players prefer to play only one class of star fighter, which means that they can convert the green ship requisition from all the ships in their hangar into fleet requisition. Fleet requisition can be used to purchase anything, including component upgrades which is unfair. This allows those that have cartel coins to constantly accumulate great amounts of fleet requisition and dump it all into upgrades for a single ship. These players become stronger than the rest of us much faster, which allows them to kill the rest of us easier and gain more requisition faster. So it is indeed somewhat pay to win. There is no way to convert ship requisition into fleet requisition with any currency obtained in game, and these upgrades are not purely aesthetic. :eek::mad:

Get a job and buy some cartel coins maybe? I still have yet to see where fleet req's can buy ship upgrades, but maybe I'm missing something. If you can, you best bet I'll be one of those geared up terrors you're complaining about.

Get a job and buy some cartel coins maybe? I still have yet to see where fleet req's can buy ship upgrades, but maybe I'm missing something. If you can, you best bet I'll be one of those geared up terrors you're complaining about.

You don't have to see it, it's automatic. If you have 500 ship requisitions, and 500 fleet requisitions, and try to buy an upgrade that costs 1000 requisitions, you can purchase it and have 0 requisitions left of both kinds.

Think of it like overdraft protection, where if you write a check for more than what you have in your checking account your bank covers the extra funds by withdrawing from your savings account too.

How to buy upgrades with Fleet Req:

1) Go to your hangar.

2) Select the ship and component you wish to upgrade.

3) Make sure the cost is less than the total number of Ship and Fleet Reqs you have, but more than the number of Ship Reqs you have for that ship.

4) Buy the upgrade. You should now have Zero Ship Reqs and the difference between the full cost and how many Ship Reqs you had will have been subtracted from your Fleet Req. If you have the "Display Starfighter Fleet Requisition Spending Warning", you will be advised that your purchase will use some Fleet Req and you will be asked if you want to continue. This option is Off by default (bad BW).

These players become stronger than the rest of us much faster, which allows them to kill the rest of us easier and gain more requisition faster. So it is indeed somewhat pay to win.

Again, when the matchmaking system is working properly not even this should be happening. Those players with stronger ships won't be running into you in battles because they'll be matched with others with ships just as strong.

Now, if you're getting creamed by people who are more skilled than you, then you just need practice to get better.

I already pay for a monthly subscription, I'm not about to start paying just so that I can gear up at a competitive rate. Subscribers are supposed to have all the advantages necessary to be the best players in the game. Now subscribers are going to be at a disadvantage because they're unwilling to pay to get upgrades faster? This game should be about skill, not who can spend the most money to convert requisition...

How to buy upgrades with Fleet Req:

1) Go to your hangar.

2) Select the ship and component you wish to upgrade.

3) Make sure the cost is less than the total number of Ship and Fleet Reqs you have, but more than the number of Ship Reqs you have for that ship.

4) Buy the upgrade. You should now have Zero Ship Reqs and the difference between the full cost and how many Ship Reqs you had will have been subtracted from your Fleet Req. If you have the "Display Starfighter Fleet Requisition Spending Warning", you will be advised that your purchase will use some Fleet Req and you will be asked if you want to continue. This option is Off by default (bad BW).

Odd, I have never seen that option, but if you say it's not turned on by default, I better go turn it on!!! I have tried purchasing upgrades when my ship req's were lower than my fleet req's, and never saw an option to continue with the upgrade and that the fleet req's would be dinged. In fact, my fleet req's are growing and growing while I keep depleting ship req's . I'll have to tinker with this later...thanks for the tip!

i think its pay to win, but nioware thinks, if u put in the time for ship reqs, then u should be abel to do with them, whatever you want. if thats the case, make it credits or CC... but the bigest advantages will come from players converting all their ships comms on other ships to upgrade a single ship, and to only use that ship. they will be the first to get the 25k upgrades etc.

Again, when the matchmaking system is working properly not even this should be happening. Those players with stronger ships won't be running into you in battles because they'll be matched with others with ships just as strong.

Now, if you're getting creamed by people who are more skilled than you, then you just need practice to get better.

I'm not concerned about that. Just the principle that now people can gear up faster based on converting points with cartel coins. Where does it stop? Will the next patch allow us to convert elite comms into ultimate comms for cartel coins?

Will the next patch allow us to convert elite comms into ultimate comms for cartel coins?

That is a poor example. A better example would be "Will the next patch allow us to earn Ultimate Comms and then pay cartel coins to use them on any toon?"

I fixed the most noticeable errors for you, you may want to look over the correct answers and update any other posts you made with the incorrect information.

Both Ship Req and Fleet Req can be used to upgrade a ship. Ship Req can only be spent for that Ship (which is why it's called 'Ship Req'), and Fleet Req can be spent on any ship in your Fleet (hence the name 'Fleet Req'). In fact, unless you turn on a warning preference, GS won't even tell you that you've run out of Ship Req and are now spending Fleet Req.

Incorrect. The correct answer is "No, Fleet Upgrades can also be used to purchase upgrades if you do not have enough Ship Req.".

Then why is there no option in my hangar for using Fleet Requisitions to purchase Component or advance their skill trees? Every component and skill tree advancement in the hangar (save one engine component) limits component upgrade purchases to using Ship Requisitions. Edited by GalacticKegger

i think its pay to win, but nioware thinks, if u put in the time for ship reqs, then u should be abel to do with them, whatever you want. if thats the case, make it credits or CC... but the bigest advantages will come from players converting all their ships comms on other ships to upgrade a single ship, and to only use that ship. they will be the first to get the 25k upgrades etc.

Agreed. If they want us to be able to do what we want with the requisitions, then take out ship and fleet requisition and just make them all the same currency, unbound to the ship they were obtained with. Or make it impossible to use fleet requisition for components. Or another option, make it impossible to convert. As subscribers we should be able to get the 25k upgrades just as fast as everyone else without spending cartel coins.

Edited by SatansBeatstick

Then why is there no option in my hangar for using Fleet Requisitions to purchase Component or advance their skill trees? Every component and skill tree advancement in the hangar (save one engine component) limits component upgrade purchases to using Ship Requisitions.

When you select the upgrade it will give you the option only if you don't have enough ship req but do have enough with the combined ship/fleet req.

When you select the upgrade it will give you the option only if you don't have enough ship req but do have enough with the combined ship/fleet req.
All the CCs do is act as a one-way currency exchange, and essentially does nothing. I say it does nothing because the option to use Fleet Reqs to supplement insufficient Ship Reqs to purchase an upgrade provides the exact same service without cost. So other than cosmetics, we can do the same thing without CCs as we can with them. P2W is false. Edited by GalacticKegger

Found it ... it is a pop-up dialogue option if there aren't enough Ship Reqs to cover the purchase. The player still needs ship requisitions to add fleet requisitions though. Fleet Requisitions can't be purchased by themselves, only earned by playing, or converted from Ship Requisitions which also can only be earned by playing. Either way, the necessary requisitions for ship upgrades are earned only by playing - they don't just appear courtesy of a CC purchase. All the CCs do is act as a one-way currency exchange.

....That's not the issue. People can upgrade their starship faster if they dish out cartel coins to convert requisition. No it doesn't magically appear. But you can use the 2x boosts on all your ships, then funnel all the requisition into upgrades for a single one. Read the above posts...

I'm not concerned about that. Just the principle that now people can gear up faster based on converting points with cartel coins. Where does it stop? Will the next patch allow us to convert elite comms into ultimate comms for cartel coins?

You can do that in the ground game, via experience point boosters, as I said before. Again, it's nothing new, the game has let players do this for a long time already.

Odd, I have never seen that option, but if you say it's not turned on by default, I better go turn it on!!! I have tried purchasing upgrades when my ship req's were lower than my fleet req's, and never saw an option to continue with the upgrade and that the fleet req's would be dinged. In fact, my fleet req's are growing and growing while I keep depleting ship req's . I'll have to tinker with this later...thanks for the tip!

There's no option, because it's automatic. It just happens. The only option is whether or not you get a warning that you're going to use up fleet requisitions to buy an upgrade. By default, that's off.

Let me try to explain how this works...

You have 700 ship requisitions, and an upgrade costs 1000. It looks like you can't buy it. But if you have at least 300 fleet requisitions, if you go ahead and try to buy it, you'll buy it. Your ship requisitions will be at 0, and you'll have 300 fewer fleet requisitions. There is no extra step you need to take, no option to select, it just happens. Again, the only thing you can configure is whether or not you get a pop-up warning that you're about to spend fleet requisitions to buy an upgrade because you don't have enough ship requisitions to spend on it.

....That's not the issue. People can upgrade their starship faster if they dish out cartel coins to convert requisition. No it doesn't magically appear. But you can use the 2x boosts on all your ships, then funnel all the requisition into upgrades for a single one. Read the above posts...

Or instead of flying with another ship, you fly with the MAIN ship you want and acquire commendations there, without any need to pay cc. So it's not really that much of a boon seeing how, yes, they get bonus XP, but if you just fly on your main you don't need to convert it at all.

Their loss really in my eyes.

Or instead of flying with another ship, you fly with the MAIN ship you want and acquire commendations there, without any need to pay cc. So it's not really that much of a boon seeing how, yes, they get bonus XP, but if you just fly on your main you don't need to convert it at all.

Their loss really in my eyes.

Oh you know what, I kind of missed this. If you spend 10k comes (or 15 I suppose if you had sub on Nov 1) and burn...I don't know how many cartel coins to open up the 3 purchaseable ships (I would never buy them, they are ugly). Then you get 500 free coms on each ship per day, so that's a lot of moolah you can transit back and forth. If someone want's to waste their CC on that though, more power to them. Eventually they will be tiered out to play with people who earned all their coms the hard way.