Pay 2 win crowd taking over

TheOne

If you spend CC you can indeed get upgrades at a slightly faster rate but there is a limit.

1) You earn ship/fleet requisition at a 10% faster rate using a cartel market brought ship.

2) Whenever you complete a daily/weekly, the ship requisition reward is granted to all of your ships. You can convert ship requisition from ships you are not using to fleet requisition to spend on the ship you are using.

3) fleet requisition does not lower the cost of upgrades, it can be simply used like ship requisition but it can be used on any ship.

So yes you are slightly faster than someone not spending cartel coins but it isn't something that is a huge disparity.

Edited by Iwipe

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, because the ship req you get is insanely fast. I pull in 500ish per match. I can play 3 matches and get an upgrade, something you can't do in regular PvP. Combine this with dailies and weeklies and I have some ships I've played twice with 4k ship req just wasting away (the starter ships).

It's not garbage. I'll say again: if you sub you can afford to convert, if you don't then you're on a trial game and need to quit whining about it. Complaining about something you get for free is just... ugh.

Oh so your earing 5000 ship req in 3 matches?

When you convert ship Requisitions to fleet requisitions, you are actually spending currency you could be using to upgrade your current ship, in order to buy a brand new ship with zero upgrades. Maybe you could explain to us how you feel that starting over from scratch in a new ship is somehow paying to win?

If you spend CC you can indeed get upgrades at a slightly faster rate but there is a limit.

1) You earn ship/fleet requisition at a 10% faster rate using a cartel market brought ship.

2) Whenever you complete a daily/weekly, the ship requisition reward is granted to all of your ships. You can convert ship requisition from ships you are not using to fleet requisition to spend on the ship you are using.

3) fleet requisition does not lower the cost of upgrades, it can be simply used like ship requisition but it can be used on any ship.

So yes you are slightly faster than someone not spending cartel coins but it isn't something that is a huge disparity.

Thank you for the explaining this a little better iwipe, people in here can't grasp the issue, it's getting out of hand and quite ridiculous to see pilots with fully/almost fully equipped ships third day into release.

You can't use use fleet req to lower the cost of skills? I'm not whining just troubled to see pilots with tier 3 skills and high tier equipment third day into release, bought via CC.

They either A) paid a subscription, got CC and are spending it or B) paid RL cash, got CC and are spending it. Please explain to me how this disturbs you. Please explain how this is any different than me working and owning a car, and you not working and having to walk. Will we both be able to get from A to B? Yes. Will i get there faster? Yes. Do you DESERVE a car even though you put forth no effort to obtain one? No.

The only difference between Fleet Req and Ship Req is that you can use Fleet Req to buy gear for any ship. The costs are the same.

The total cost for a tier 3 skill is around 15000 req, depending on the skill. I average 600-700 Req a fight (without the x2 bonus or dailies). With that average, it would be doable to hit a T3 ability in 3 days if you were playing hard. That wouldn't require converting anything to Fleet Reqs.

For people that really like one ship, they can take advantage of how the Daily and Weekly rewards work. Those give each of your ships a Req reward. You can use CC to convert that so that you can spend those points on your main ship, but all your other ships end up weak.

There are definitely pros and cons to doing that. I have been doing it to a limited extent, and now my Sting is pretty nice, but I like to change ships mid-fight to adjust for what is needed at the time, and that is very difficult at the moment because my other ships have no upgrades.

Edited by Dustotepp

They either A) paid a subscription, got CC and are spending it or B) paid RL cash, got CC and are spending it. Please explain to me how this disturbs you. Please explain how this is any different than me working and owning a car, and you not working and having to walk. Will we both be able to get from A to B? Yes. Will i get there faster? Yes. Do you DESERVE a car even though you put forth no effort to obtain one? No.

What? Working and owning a car? What the hell are you talking about? It takes a crap load of CC to convert req if you buying skills. Try to stay on topic.

Imo its in a very gray area p2w wise. People can buy up a bunch of ships, fly them for the bonuses, get ship req from the weekly then convert all that ship req to fleet req and use it to pimp out one ship.

Not really pay 2 win? maybe but definitely paying to have advantages on everyone else for awhile.

The only crowd that is taking over is the crowd who plays so much that their builds are ahead of the players who don't play as often.

For anyone reading this thread expecting to witness the horrific recounts of P2Win doom & gloom ... consider yourself successfully trolled. Here's what a player can do with CCs in GSF:

• convert Ship Requisitions to Fleet Requisitions,
  • obtain new crew members,
  • buy vanity ships (can also be grinded for and come with the same level components that standard ships do),
  • custom ship paint (think armor dyes),
  • custom engine reactant & gas canister colors (think color crystals), and
  • GSF XP boosts.

There is nothing there that is pay to win. Crew members are all the same level, they just have different specializations. No performance gain there. Ships, whether grinded for or purchased with CCs, come with the same level components that every other ship comes with. They just have different default load-out schemes. No performance gain there either.

Ubering out starships is done by advancing through each components ability tree (playing is the only way to do this) and upgrading components (which requires Ship Requisitions.) The only way to get Ship Requisitions is to play the game. While Ship Requisitions can be converted to Fleet Requisitions to acquire new ships and crew members, Fleet Requisitions cannot be converted back to Ship Requisitions. In fact, by using Cartel Coins to convert Ship Reqs to Fleet Reqs, the player is essentially screwing themselves out of performance upgrades at the expense of variety.

Pay2Win taking over GSF? Not only no ... but hell no.

Edited by GalacticKegger

The only difference between Fleet Req and Ship Req is that you can use Fleet Req to buy gear for any ship. The costs are the same.

The total cost for a tier 3 skill is around 15000 req, depending on the skill. I average 600-700 Req a fight (without the x2 bonus or dailies). With that average, it would be doable to hit a T3 ability in 3 days if you were playing hard. That wouldn't require converting anything to Fleet Reqs.

For people that really like one ship, they can take advantage of how the Daily and Weekly rewards work. Those give each of your ships a Req reward. You can use CC to convert that so that you can spend those points on your main ship, but all your other ships end up weak.

There are definitely pros and cons to doing that. I have been doing it to a limited extent, and now my Sting is pretty nice, but I like to change ships mid-fight to adjust for what is needed at the time, and that is very difficult at the moment because my other ships have no upgrades.

You can deck out a ship in one day using CC, I've seen it first hand, and it's cheating and down right despicable.

What? Working and owning a car? What the hell are you talking about? It takes a crap load of CC to convert req if you buying skills. Try to stay on topic.

I am staying on topic, you're trying to argue something I have flat-out slapped down and steamrolled.

People who pay the money for it get CC and the option of advancing faster than people who do not. If someone wants to unload the cash to pay for req for their ships then they did SOMETHING for the RL cash to pay for the CCs. You're complaining that you can't advance as fast when you do NOTHING extra to convert req.

People who work get more than people who sit on their rear doing nothing. This is a fact of life.

I am done with this thread. I work at home and am tired of making the same statements over and over. Either you are a troll, or you simply don't get it, either way this thread is no longer worth my time. if you truly believe you somehow deserve the same things people who pay extra get then you're in for some really harsh life lessons in the future.

The only crowd that is taking over is the crowd who plays so much that their builds are ahead of the players who don't play as often.

For anyone reading this thread expecting to witness the horrific recounts of P2Win doom & gloom ... consider yourself successfully trolled. Here's what a player can do with CCs in GSF:

• convert Ship Requisitions to Fleet Requisitions,
  • obtain new crew members,
  • buy vanity ships (can also be grinded for and come with the same level components that standard ships do),
  • custom ship paint (think armor dyes),
  • custom engine reactant & gas canister colors (think color crystals), and
  • GSF XP boosts.

There is nothing there that is pay to win. Crew members are all the same level, they just have different specializations. No performance gain there. Ships, whether grinded for or purchased with CCs, come with the same level components that every other ship comes with. They just have different default load-out schemes. No performance gain there either.

Ubering out starships is done by advancing through each components ability tree (playing is the only way to do this) and upgrading components (which requires Ship Requisitions.) The only way to get Ship Requisitions is to play the game. While Ship Requisitions can be converted to Fleet Requisitions to acquire new ships and crew members, Fleet Requisitions cannot be converted back to Ship Requisitions. In fact, by using Cartel Coins to convert Ship Reqs to Fleet Reqs, the player is essentially screwing themselves out of ship upgrades at the expense of flying a cooler looking ship.

Pay2Win taking over GSF? Not only no ... but hell no.

I've been playing non stop for 3 days , two ships , and barely have 4000 ship req. But people with CC can deck out a ship in a day? Bullcrap, your the troll and get outta my thread.

Imo its in a very gray area p2w wise. People can buy up a bunch of ships, fly them for the bonuses, get ship req from the weekly then convert all that ship req to fleet req and use it to pimp out one ship.

Not really pay 2 win? maybe but definitely paying to have advantages on everyone else for awhile.

Is it really so different from people just playing more or interestingly the people who get to play it a whole month or even 2 months in advance of other players? Pay to win doesn't mean you can buy an exp boost, it means you can buy a real advantage over other players in a match. If you could buy like a quick charge shield that does 60% instead of 30 and doesn't come with the minus to shield pool that would be pay to win.

Have you used CC to purchase skills faster?

No, but if I wanted to I could. I could buy experience gain tokens off the Cartel Market and level up twice as fast. Which is essentially all that people are doing when they spend CC to convert ship req. Except that it's even less efficient.

What you're complaining about is nothing new, it's how the game has worked pretty much since the Cartel was introduced. Why are you suddenly so upset that you can do the same thing in GSF?

No, but if I wanted to I could. I could buy experience gain tokens off the Cartel Market and level up twice as fast. Which is essentially all that people are doing when they spend CC to convert ship req. Except that it's even less efficient.

What you're complaining about is nothing new, it's how the game has worked pretty much since the Cartel was introduced. Why are you suddenly so upset that you can do the same thing in GSF?

So you can buy PVP gear via CC ? Jeezzz .........

I've been playing non stop for 3 days , two ships , and barely have 4000 ship req. But people with CC can deck out a ship in a day? Bullcrap, your the troll and get outta my thread.

You're a liar. You get 300-500 per match, win or lose. Non-stop for 3 days is AT LEAST 144 matches and 43k ship req. That's assuming only 2 matches per hour.

If you're going to troll and lie to people, please make sure you don't think so little of your audience that you look like a complete fool int he process.

It's not really a true pay to win. You can gear your ship quicker, and gain rewards quicker, though it won't make you a better pilot. Although you can argue that would still be counted as pay to win, which it some what is.

Though a true pay to win is a game such as APB Reloaded, where if you bought their $100 guns you'd have a fully geared high rank weapon which could kill a person in a second, while your enemies using free weapons would spend a good 5 seconds shooting you before you died. Or spend months earning cash and and ranks to get the same gun you're using. The only difference is you rent your gun, it's a one time payment for them.

^ That is pay to win.

You're a liar. You get 300-500 per match, win or lose. Non-stop for 3 days is AT LEAST 144 matches and 43k ship req. That's assuming only 2 matches per hour.

If you're going to troll and lie to people, please make sure you don't think so little of your audience that you look like a complete fool int he process.

Troll and lie? So you can't convert ship req via CC? To advance way faster than non CC users? And in a pvp environment?

Edited by TheOne

The only genuine performance gains come from upgrading components and their ability trees. If you can prove that ship component upgrades and advancement through their ability trees can be bought with CCs then I will be happy to get outta "your" thread. My proof is in the Hangar. Where's yours? Edited by GalacticKegger

So you can buy PVP gear via CC ? Jeezzz .........

Now you're trying to change the subject. You specifically mentioned getting skills faster via CC in the ground game (see my previous quote again), which as I pointed out is entirely possible.

There is no equivalent to buying PVP gear in GSF. Our ships don't have "gear", the components they have are the equivalent of skills and talents. They increase as you gain requisition, which is like experience. Improving components proceeds much like building a character, where you buy upgrades from a tree, having to make choices as to what you want to invest in as you advance. There is no loot in GSF, at least at this point, so really all we get are points we can use to advance our ships.

People ACTUALLY convert their green tokens to completely worthless purple tokens for REAL money?

OMG? Are some that stupid?

Well, aside from the OP of course who still don't grasp how the system works and fights against something that exists only in his head...

Don't call me names, people are doing it.

Don't throw insults at me on my thread, I've attacked no one.