Pay 2 win crowd taking over

TheOne

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to thank TheOne for making this thread, it helps illustrate why the hysteria around "PAY2WIN" in Galactic Starfighter is just that. It gives a chance for people to clarify what's really going on, and helps show people how silly these concerns are.

Well, do tell us how then. How do they buy purple reqs. Instead of converting green reqs.

And even with converting the daily, it's 750 per ship. That's less than 1 match. So you get to skip 3 matches for a day. Whoop-die-do. You've just paid 50 dollar (3600 for the ships and some for the conversion) to skip 3 matches.

3 match difference is lvl 0 - fully geared people... you heard it here!

I have to thank TheOne for making this thread, it helps illustrate why the hysteria around "PAY2WIN" in Galactic Starfighter is just that. It gives a chance for people to clarify what's really going on, and helps show people how silly these concerns are.

So getting blasted by a friend that's used over 10000 CC to quick grind is fair?

Yes but if you do this, you don't have as much Ship Req to upgrade your ships with and they will be weaker.

Precisely. Bought ships aren't "better" than stock ships. They just have different loadout options.

Being a Scout fan, I got Flashfire, and flew it extensively, along with the Nova. Basically, I traded off the sensor component (dampening is awesome, I miss it) for Reactor (slightly bigger shield pool, or faster recharge - I got bigger pool to better fight 1-shots). Cluster missiles are great, but so is the Sabotage probe, which I use on my Nova.

Each single ship has undeniable advantages and disadvantages over other ships, both in and outside of its class.

The only thing that remotely resembles pay to win are premium ships which give like 10% more requisition, but it's not really that big of a deal if you're good enough to grab 800-1000 requisition each match anyway.

So getting blasted by a friend that's used over 10000 CC to quick grind is fair?

The only reason you're getting blasted is you and you alone. The fact they they converted so much ship req means they have nearly-stock fighters, which adds to the humiliation.

Edited by Helig

Third day into launch mind you.........

You have to earn Req before you can convert it. "Buy" and "convert" are not synonyms.

You have to have the CC to convert, so yes it's like buying something........sheshhhh

Edited by TheOne

None. You can use Fleet (purple) Req to purchase for any ship, rather than one specific ship. There are also some new ships and companions that may only be purchased with Fleet Req.

So, why would people be crying about pay to win? The Repub CC ships are ugly as hell. I did spend 160 or 180 CC to convert 4000 ship coms to fleet coms to unlock the T6 Pike on day 1.

It's not pay to win, but it's play to get way ahead. If they have 10000 fleet coms they are playing a huge amount of games, because you get maybe 50 of those each match, and if they are paying to convert ship coms to fleet coms...well, I don't know why they have that many.

No you cannot.
Correct. You cannot buy purple reqs with CCs, only convert them from green reqs. And the only way to get green reqs is to play the game. Green reqs pay for component upgrades and ability tree advancement, which comprise the game's performance upgrades. Purple reqs pay for new (not upgraded) ships and different (not upgraded) crew members. Performance upgrades CANNOT be purchased with CCs. Period. Edited by GalacticKegger

that's used over 10000 CC

If someone has done this, it was a very inefficient use of CC.

Assuming they purchased 2 extra ships for 2000 CC. That leaves them trying to spend 8000 CC to convert Ship Req to Fleet Req. The CC cost is 1 CC per each 25 Ship Req converted. So they need to convert 200,000 Ship Req to spend that 8000 CC.

The only benefit you get from converting Ship req from other ships to your primary is to move the bonus req you get every day from teh rested bonus and the Daily quest reward. Let's say they went nuts and have all 7 ships. Their maximum daily bonus for the 6 non-primary ships is 7500 Req. 7500 per day for the 3 days since launch is 22,500 Req. That leaves 177,500 Ship Req that they have to convert to spend all that CC.

It would be a lot cheaper to just play your primary ship to get that 177,500 Ship Req, rather than playing on your non-upgraded ships and then converting it.

Correct. You cannot buy purple reqs with CCs, only convert them from green reqs. And the only way to get green reqs is to play the game. Green reqs pay for component upgrades and ability tree advancement, which comprise the game's performance upgrades. Purple reqs pay for new (not upgraded) ships and different (not upgraded) crew members. Performance upgrades CANNOT be purchased with CCs. Period.

Oh jesus are you kidding me? You convert using CC same god damn thing genius..... Oh you have to play to earn req, well no s&^% Sherlock..........

People, people, don't try to educate the OP please.

He will remain ignorant, will remain converting green tokens to purple and then spend them on his ship he earned the green tokens with.

Don't let this man's utter failure of comprehension end, it pays BioWare money, and we all profit from that in the end!

:cool:

Edited by Hassat-Hunter
where did that sheep came from?

If someone has done this, it was a very inefficient use of CC.

Assuming they purchased 2 extra ships for 2000 CC. That leaves them trying to spend 8000 CC to convert Ship Req to Fleet Req. The CC cost is 1 CC per each 25 Ship Req converted. So they need to convert 200,000 Ship Req to spend that 8000 CC.

The only benefit you get from converting Ship req from other ships to your primary is to move the bonus req you get every day from teh rested bonus and the Daily quest reward. Let's say they went nuts and have all 7 ships. Their maximum daily bonus for the 6 non-primary ships is 7500 Req. 7500 per day for the 3 days since launch is 22,500 Req. That leaves 177,500 Ship Req that they have to convert to spend all that CC.

It would be a lot cheaper to just play your primary ship to get that 177,500 Ship Req, rather than playing on your non-upgraded ships and then converting it.

Yeah well you go up against a CC moded fighter and tell me how fun it was ......

People, people, don't try to educate the OP please.

He will remain ignorant, will remain converting green tokens to purple and then spend them on his ship he earned the green tokens with.

Don't let this man's utter failure of comprehension end, it pays BioWare money, and we all profit from that in the end!

:cool:

Don't call me names ,, you've been warned once.

Forget the dang ship, people are using CC to grind skill sets out, sets that would take normal folks a week to grind, they do it in a night.

Don't call me names ,, you've been warned once.

Forget the dang ship, people are using CC to grind skill sets out, sets that would take normal folks a week to grind, they do it in a night.

How do they use CC to "grind skill sets out" in a night that takes others weeks? Explain the process of how they do this. I just want to see what you say :D

How do they use CC to "grind skill sets out" in a night that takes others weeks? Explain the process of how they do this. I just want to see what you say :D

They convert ship req thru CC , then use fleet req acquired to purchase advanced skills, much faster process. See so easy a 12 year old can figure it out.

Yes but if you do this, you don't have as much Ship Req to upgrade your ships with and they will be weaker.

THIS! You can only unlock a few diff. ships with the purple req - and they really aren't any better than the stock ones. The green req is really what it takes to upgrade your ship to something better, and you don't get it with CC...trust me, if you could, I'd have already decked out my ships, and I'd be one of the people you're mistakenly accusing of stacking the game.

There's a learning curve to this game...some matches are frustrating, and some are a breeze. Just keep practicing and you'll be fine.

They convert ship req thru CC , then use fleet req acquired to purchase advanced skills, much faster process. See so easy a 12 year old can figure it out.

If they are earning enough Ship Req to buy advanced skills, why are they converting it to Fleet Req?

Nope , not full tier grind, but advanced enough for an extreme edge. I know people that are doing it and it sucks. Very unfair.

Since you know these people I'm sure it will be easy for you to explain how exactly they are getting this tremendous edge. In fact, since you're so concerned by it I'm sure you feel obligated to tell the Bioware and the community the details of why it's broken so that it can be fixed. Bioware needs the details otherwise they won't be able to address the problem.

Please enlighten us.:D