Space PvP Shout-outs!

Hanak

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say thanks to all the Saberwing folks. I've noticed lots of you flying different fighters than you normally do against me, and I've definitely seen matches where you've held back from 3-capping when you could've.

It has made a big difference on the Imperial side. Far fewer people are quitting mid-match, and new players are able to get a bit more requisition and confidence.

Fear not, Large. You name is no less frequently cursed in Imperial-side chat :) There's still lots of "I hate that guy!" "Oh no, it's Large." "I can't hit him!" "How'd he kill me so fast?!" :D

Whew, played a lot of matches tonight, several very close games.

On the pub side I want to shout out to Airron (sp), Deltaxis, Large, and Hanak. Felt like we were continually butting heads all night. Airron got me multiple times in one match and Deltaxis was laying down some excellent GS support for you pubs. Hanak as always your hit and runs with your FF are trouble and Large you had great turning amongst the sats.

On the imp side shout out to my guild mates, Shayd, Boheeka, Vexarn (sp?), and Suzina. Its always a blast flying with you all and we had quite a few very fun and awesome matches. Boheeka and Vexarn it was particularly impressive how you guys were able to kite several enemies away from the sats multiple times, either keeping them from capping it or allowing us too.

Can't wait till Tuesday hits and things get shaken up a bit. Looking forward to flying on Tuesday night.

Edited by Caernos

Apparently I'm not doing enough damage on my pub to get cursed about yet... been using the handle rashava for a while now. =D

Big props tot he countless pubs and imps I've flown with or against. =D

On the contrary, you and Osidix drove me crazy this morning :p Very good job of covering each other, and good positioning. I do wonder how Osidix one-shots Scouts so much... I know Bypass will allow it (until Tuesday), but it seems like he was doing it more often than the 1 minute cooldown should allow.

On the contrary, you and Osidix drove me crazy this morning :p Very good job of covering each other, and good positioning. I do wonder how Osidix one-shots Scouts so much... I know Bypass will allow it (until Tuesday), but it seems like he was doing it more often than the 1 minute cooldown should allow.

He's probably not actually one shotting them it just looks like it. A tiny ion tap + a full charge slug gun (with a critical hit) can still wreck a scout with no hp upgrade cause it does so much damn damage it'll go right through shields and beyond, assuming he takes out half their shields then hits you with a crit, you're toast.

The power of crits in GSF is why I prefer concentrated fire over bypass, anytime :p

Edited by silvershadows

Rashava was indeed an excellent impromptu wingman! One thing that helps to extend the bypass a bit is to pre-charge a slug before you pop it. Also, once popped, I go nuts taking shots, even if they aren't well lined up or if the target is moving erratically. You may also notice it more often since, if given the chance, I'll (try to) pop Shayd over pretty much any other imp if given a choice between two =P

He's probably not actually one shotting them it just looks like it. A tiny ion tap + a full charge slug gun (with a critical hit) can still wreck a scout with no hp upgrade cause it does so much damn damage it'll go right through shields and beyond, assuming he takes out half their shields then hits you with a crit, you're toast.

The power of crits in GSF is why I prefer concentrated fire over bypass, anytime :p

I don't actually run with Ion Rail since I prefer not to have people accuse me of cheesing. I think some of my teammates in the game Shayd was referencing may have used it, which could account for a few of what might have appeared to be one-shots. Also, a full slug crit can one-shot a scout with full shields/full hull.

Nah, Osi definitely was one-shotting me with a Slug. I've never seen him use Ion.

In fact, I'd say that in my experience, Ion Lovetapping has definitely been curbed on TEH lately. There's still the odd Gunship pilot that does it, but I think most have realized it's cheesy now, and have been practicing using bigger charges for their shots since they'll be required after tomorrow.

And as for one-shotting Scouts, I do believe that'll only be possible on crits + Bypass tomorrow. Neither a crit or a bypass alone will do enough damage. Granted, the Scout will still be very nearly dead :)

Nah, Osi definitely was one-shotting me with a Slug. I've never seen him use Ion.

In fact, I'd say that in my experience, Ion Lovetapping has definitely been curbed on TEH lately. There's still the odd Gunship pilot that does it, but I think most have realized it's cheesy now, and have been practicing using bigger charges for their shots since they'll be required after tomorrow.

And as for one-shotting Scouts, I do believe that'll only be possible on crits + Bypass tomorrow. Neither a crit or a bypass alone will do enough damage. Granted, the Scout will still be very nearly dead :)

It'll be interesting in general tomorrow. I was thinking about trying out a bomber but everyone says it'll be too slow for me, haha.

Probably going to mess around some more with my Pike, though if I do I'll probably be on my sage since it's mastered on her and I'll just have to pick up the EMP thing.

I've never really picked up the pike since I'm crap with missiles that aren't clusters. I suppose the only thing that would make me load one up would be if there is a large incidence of bombers on the enemy team now. Though I forsee a lot of people trying bombers then ditching them. They may be tough, but a very large number of pilots on the server love their speed and engine maneuvers.

...I don't get mentioned! This makes me kinda sad!

Guess I'm beneath folks' notice.

...eeeeexcellent. Please, continue to not notice me while I line up my shot with Charlene the Slug Railgun.

Alright! Well, suppose I'll go ahead and make my shoutouts to the folks I can remember off the top of my head. First, to the guys flying Repside with me!

Kantherian remains one of my favorite people to fly with, as do Large, Kvikorma, Xenthos, Sríía, Irialle, Sookat, Jiraselle, all the members of the Gunship Fellowship Program (ten creds gets you in, best Gunny pilot at the end of the match wins the pot!), Abivard, Shen'jon, Smurffedyou (you laugh at his name, he laughs at the pretty colors you 'splode into), Phil, Highjinks, Baelyn-tiel, Rashava, Ashendelle, Jai-dan, Lira, Itkovian, Jon-ik, Hanak, Sayodin, Rhodogost, Bajor...I'm probably forgetting some people, but it's like thanking people at the Oscars. Guys, thank you...just seeing you guys in the queue with me is enough to put a smile on my face. Oh, and a big thank-you to Obi-Dammos for trying to bring the RP side of Ebon Hawk together with its GSF dominance.

And now, for my favorite people to hate. You Imps, you Imps, you beautiful Imps, you never stop dying for me.

First of all, the Queen of Gunships, Delphi. How I hate you, how I love you. Kamie is a name I groan when I see, as is Ded'i, Khrome, Rainous, Rephil (yes, I know I said Phil already in my Rep-side shoutouts, we have a complex relationship, he and I!), Cynfor, Knickers, Viciousdrake (he bought something from me on the GTN once! Blew my mind!), Ausmandea for being a good sport about me blowing her up, Liara, Core'scorps, I just love blowing Toei up and I'm even sorry sometimes for doing it...I love you guys, really, I do. Even when I scream at my screen in complete PvP nerd-rage because I've just hit my five-death limit on having fun in a match. Any more than five deaths, and I'm not having fun anymore. And you guys, on a good day, will push me to it, so, here's to you, Tweedle Squadron.

Edited by QuinMantha

TEH is my main server, but I've played about 60 matches on Pot5 (Imperial) as well. From what I've seen, the Pot5 Imperial community is larger than either faction's on TEH. Queue pops seem to be a little bit quicker (again, this is Imp side with lots of Imp v. Imp games), but the average game seems to be noticeably less competitive than TEH. They have some really good guilds over there, but solo queuing is a lot more fun on TEH (as either faction).

The Imps seem to have at least a slight edge on Pot5, while the Pubs have an edge here.

With that said, I'd try out each server yourself since it's so easy to make an alt and jump in at level 1.

This is pretty much what I've heard. Perhaps when it comes to RP-PVP in space, it appeals more to the Republic players than Imperial players. Perhaps ground pvp appeals more to the Imperial mind set.

Ah the following either make or break ( and sometimes both) my happy GSF feelings :cool:

Enemy Shout Outs:

Yu-na, Jon'ik, Courtney, Jenette, Brilo, Nemarus, Griff, Large, Cayn

Ally Shout Outs:

Rainous, Knickers, Selura, Ryyke, Siddian, Par'chin, Kamie

- Delphi

I miss you guys. Come back. Or at least lemme know when you're on. :-( -Sid

Crazy first day of 2.6 GSF :) Obviously I think there's a lot of meta to get sorted out, but for my part, I had lots of fun! Even when my night eventually devolved into getting repeatedly beaten by Kvikorma, Balon and Co. :( Don't you guys ever sleep? Can you and Large coordinate to be on at the same time so we Imps can consolidate our Time of Pwnt? :) Edited by Nemarus

You all know this isn't REAL PVP right?

Is this thing on?

Really Bibi? You have to keep coming into this thread to try and make this point?

You play an MMO, there is no REAL PVP here. If you want REAL PVP, play starcraft/dota/fps.

Keep your sideshow in the regular pvp threads. It's pretty clear nobody here cares what you have to say.

Edited by wilcou