2.5 is out. How about those Class Reps!?

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

As you may remember, after we completed the first round of top 3 from the Class Reps I decided to have the program take a break until 2.5 launched. Well, 2.5 is out now with quite a few class changes, and it will also mark the return of the Class Reps!

I will start getting in touch with the Class Reps this week who have yet to submit their top 3. The plan is that we will start submitting top 3s again in January. Reason being, quite a few class changes happened in 2.5 so I want to give everyone a bit of time with those before we start submitting questions. Also, I am going to prioritize classes who did not receive many, or any changes to the front of the top 3 schedule so they can have their questions answered first.

I just wanted to give everyone that quick update, let me know if you have any questions.

-eric

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since absolutely nothing has changed for Merc/Mando yet, how can you possibly expect 3 more questions when our past 3 haven't been acted upon? Are you suggesting that 2.6 will be out prior to the January deadline?? Or is this just for the classes you HAVE updated? It seems like you're screwing over Mercs/Mandos a bit Eric...

Since absolutely nothing has changed for Merc/Mando yet, how can you possibly expect 3 more questions when our past 3 haven't been acted upon? Are you suggesting that 2.6 will be out prior to the January deadline?? Or is this just for the classes you HAVE updated? It seems like you're screwing over Mercs/Mandos a bit Eric...

Hostile much?

Since absolutely nothing has changed for Merc/Mando yet, how can you possibly expect 3 more questions when our past 3 haven't been acted upon? Are you suggesting that 2.6 will be out prior to the January deadline?? Or is this just for the classes you HAVE updated? It seems like THE DEVS are screwing over Mercs/Mandos a bit Eric...

Fixed that a bit. Eric doesn't design our classes, I believe that Helen Keller designs for the Merc/Mando crowd.

Whoa cool down buddy. Mercs/Mandos are OP in the first place - unless your begging for those questions to nerf them, I would quiet down a bit

Hostile much?

A lot of us do, Infernixx. Mercs/'Mandos been needing some love for quite a while now. There is a thread up in the Commando class forums chocked full of great ideas for the class, and I can only hope that the merc/mando team are currently experimenting with those ideas to improve our class.

Edited by gorstram

A lot of us do, Infernixx. We've been needing some love for quite a while now. There is a thread up in the Commando class forums chocked full of great ideas for the class, and I can only hope that the merc/mando team are currently experimenting with those ideas to improve our class.

I don't know the situation regarding the class in question. I only know that his post was overly aggressive. We don't act like that to other posters, the CMs don't act like that toward us and we shouldn't act like that toward them.

He's a smart one, he knows how to frame his post correctly and should be expected to do so.

I don't know the situation regarding the class in question. I only know that his post was overly aggressive. We don't act like that to other posters, the CMs don't act like that toward us and we shouldn't act like that toward them.

He's a smart one, he knows how to frame his post correctly and should be expected to do so.

I'm sorry you feel my tone was "aggressive"...it wasn't meant to be.

It's a sincere question Infernixx. Without any update and no idea what they even have planned, how are we possibly expected to ask 3 new questions? The replies they gave us to the Merc top 3 questions left more questions than answers...they're talking about redoing many aspect of our class like channeling and redoing heat...things that would leave HUGE areas of concern.

I'm sorry you feel my tone was "aggressive"...it wasn't meant to be.

It's a sincere question Infernixx. Without any update and no idea what they even have planned, how are we possibly expected to ask 3 new questions? The replies they gave us to the Merc top 3 questions left more questions than answers...they're talking about redoing many aspect of our class like channeling and redoing heat...things that would leave HUGE areas of concern.

Sounds like you've already got your questions in mind. This post was far less aggressive in tone than your original one, by the way.

I get that you feel strongly about it, but there's ways to approach the situation that would express that strength of conviction without coming off as hostile.

Hey everyone!

As you may remember, after we completed the first round of top 3 from the Class Reps I decided to have the program take a break until 2.5 launched. Well, 2.5 is out now with quite a few class changes, and it will also mark the return of the Class Reps!

I will start getting in touch with the Class Reps this week who have yet to submit their top 3. The plan is that we will start submitting top 3s again in January. Reason being, quite a few class changes happened in 2.5 so I want to give everyone a bit of time with those before we start submitting questions. Also, I am going to prioritize classes who did not receive many, or any changes to the front of the top 3 schedule so they can have their questions answered first.

I just wanted to give everyone that quick update, let me know if you have any questions.

-eric

This really makes me sad that biowares stance on lots of changes is one class getting slightly buffed and another having their utility slightly changed. To me that would be a VERY minor class balance update. Its been more then 7 months since ROTHC cartel came out and this is only the 2nd patch we are getting that has any class balance at all. This is really disappointing to me as this makes it very hard for those that enjoy under performing classes to do well. Does bioware austin have plans to do a major class balance patch anytime soon?

I would also like to know why when the pts went up you posted in all the class forums to ask for any recommendations for class balance and changes and none of those issues were addressed at all.

Furthermore why are we reintroducing the class rep system at all since some of the classes haven't even been touched at all? From what I remember we were putting the class rep system on hold so we could see some changes from that original feedback and go from there rather then asking the same questions again. Almost none of the issues from the first class rep session were addressed at all so won't we be asking the same questions anyways?

I know its not your fault Eric but this is getting ridiculous how your team deals with the community.

Also I'm pretty sure most of the class reps are gone so are we going to be re voting?

Edited by HoboWithAStick

You would prefer the Scoundrel/Operative treatment?

Honestly, out of all the classes that need adjustments, merc/mandos would pretty much be dead last on my list.

Sounds like you've already got your questions in mind.

Not at all...I don't know what they have planned given what they said in their 3 replies...the 3 questions we had answered, opened a door that doesn't need to be opened. Tweaks are all that are needed, they talk about rewriting the entire heat management system when all we need are costs reduced. 10min work vs. months.

This really makes me sad that biowares stance on lots of changes is one class getting slightly buffed and another having their utility slightly changed. To me that would be a VERY minor class balance update. Its been more then 7 months since ROTHC cartel came out and this is only the 2nd patch we are getting that has any class balance at all. This is really disappointing to me as this makes it very hard for those that enjoy under performing classes to do well. Does bioware austin have plans to do a major class balance patch anytime soon?

I would also like to know why when the pts went up you posted in all the class forums to ask for any recommendations for class balance and changes and none of those issues were addressed at all.

Furthermore why are we reintroducing the class rep system at all since some of the classes haven't even been touched at all? From what I remember we were putting the class rep system on hold so we could see some changes from that original feedback and go from there rather then asking the same questions again. Almost none of the issues from the first class rep session were addressed at all so won't we be asking the same questions anyways?

I know its not your fault Eric but this is getting ridiculous how your team deals with the community.

Also I'm pretty sure most of the class reps are gone so are we going to be re voting?

Did you read the patch notes? More than two classes got changes.

Honestly, out of all the classes that need adjustments, merc/mandos would pretty much be dead last on my list.

Understood Master Jedi. It's dead last on Bioware's list as well. 2 Mercs in the top 100, no Commandos.

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, your facts about the extent of classes being changes are well, wrong.

In essence, both guardians and sentinels were tweaked to some degree.

Both shadows and sages were changed and DoT protection added.

Scoundrels were changed, albeit they were minor alterations, but changed.

Plus the re-working of cleanses, which affects 3 ACs in principle as well.

5 ACs altered, Arguably the only class that wasn't changed was Trooper.

Edited by JMagee

I am actually very happy with my main Merc, it doesn't need a huge overhaul. I don't have heat issues, but a slight decrease in heat costs wouldn't hurt either. If they make any major changes to the heat system or the Merc/Bounty Hunter playstyle in general, I'm not going to be a happy customer. I think we do some fine damage, although thats just from a PVE standpoint, and I love raiding with my Merc. I would like to know what Kelduin and Bèlit are doing to be in top 100 though.:cool:

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, your facts about the extent of classes being changes is well, wrong.

In essence, both guardians and sentinels were tweaked to some degree.

Both shadows and sages were changed and DoT protection added.

Scoundrels were changed, albeit they were minor alterations, but changed.

Plus the re-working of cleanses, which affects 3 ACs in principle as well.

5 ACs altered, Arguably the only class that wasn't changed was Trooper.

PT/VG's were tweaked. Merc/'Mando was the ONLY AC not touched. The devs won't give us any clue as to where they're headed with the class, so we have NO idea what questions to ask. Also, the devs are treating the class rep questions like a freaking deposition, and answering like attorneys. We Merc/Mandos are deathly afraid of getting a "Perception problem," and "Heal to full," answer.

PT/VG's were tweaked. Merc/'Mando was the ONLY AC not touched. The devs won't give us any clue as to where they're headed with the class, so we have NO idea what questions to ask. Also, the devs are treating the class rep questions like a freaking deposition, and answering like attorneys. We Merc/Mandos are deathly afraid of getting a "Perception problem," and "Heal to full," answer.

You're absolutely right. I was referring to his statement that only 2 classes were affected in 2.5. I don't believe there were additional changed to PT/VG in 2.5.

But far and away Commandos/Mercs have been left in the lurch for the longest regarding tweaks.

I am actually very happy with my main Merc, it doesn't need a huge overhaul. I don't have heat issues, but a slight decrease in heat costs wouldn't hurt either. If they make any major changes to the heat system or the Merc/Bounty Hunter playstyle in general, I'm not going to be a happy customer. I think we do some fine damage, although thats just from a PVE standpoint, and I love raiding with my Merc. I would like to know what Kelduin and Bèlit are doing to be in top 100 though.:cool:

In PvE, our DPS is fine (heat could use tweaking as well as a group cleanse).

But I'm curious, how many Commando healers do you run HM Ops with? I haven't run with a Commando healer since maybe around the time TFB was released.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.