I Thought Class Story Was 200 Hours? It's Not Even Close

Shadysketchy

First off; I did not skip any dialogue for my Class Story, don't even try to blame me for this

Anyway, I just finished my Class Story, and checked my /played

4 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes — A total of 103 hours

That's 103 hours, of everything that I've done; not only my Class Story. So, even if the Class Story itself occupied 100% of that time, it's only 50% of what BioWare said it would be. Now, factor in that there's probably about 10x as many shared quests as there are class quests, the Class Story probably only took like 20 hours at the most; but I like BioWare, so I'll be generous, and pretend all of those 103 hours was Class Story

That's still half of what were were promised

Half

Aren't you the guy that skipped all the cut scenes and got to level 50 in like 2 days?

*rolleyes*

No?

I just said in the first sentence of my thread that I didn't skip any of the Class Story

I did skip through some of the side quest dialogue, because I had no interest in it, but that's irrelevant; Class Story was promised to be 200 hours

First off; I did not skip any dialogue for my Class Story, don't even try to blame me for this

That's 103 hours, of everything that I've done; not only my Class Story. So, even if the Class Story itself occupied 100% of that time, it's only 50% of what BioWare said it would be. Now, factor in that there's probably about 10x as many shared quests as there are class quests, the Class Story probably only took like 20 hours at the most; but I like BioWare, so I'll be generous, and pretend all of those 103 hours was Class Story

Half

When has the gameplay hours listed by a developer ever come close to reality?

Half

I have 80 hours logged and I'm level 25. Did you do ANY other content? Did you do side quests? Did you craft? Did you gather? PvP? Explore for datacrons? Run Flashpoints? Kill world bosses with your guild?

I've done ALL those things so far. Which is probably why I'm still only Lv25. Lemme guess, you stuck to nothing but the main story and now want to QQ? Give me a break.

No?

I just said in the first sentence of my thread that I didn't skip any of the Class Story

I did skip through some of the side quest dialogue, because I had no interest in it, but that's irrelevant; Class Story was promised to be 200 hours

Class story was never "promised" to be 200 hours. Bioware always said the did not like naming a number because there will always be people that will do it faster. I also don't think they were talking about just the class specific quests either.

It isn't irrelevant at all. You can't just do class only missions and say that is all their is to the class story. Would any of the star wars movies be any good if they just stuck to one characters storyline from beginning to end ? No content from places they went, no content from people they met along the way. You seem to be thinking about it like they were going to give you 200 hours of time focused solely on you, that wouldn't be fun at all.

I have about 25 hours of play time in the game so far and my character is lvl 16 and I have had a lot of fun doing those side quest. It is fun to watch how my character responds to different people he encounters and also some of the trouble he has gotten himself into has been because of the non class specific stuff. All of it could make a very good movie. Try role playing and getting into the character you play vs just pushing buttons and looking at the exp bar.

Why....why does anyone need a TWO HUNDRED HOUR story?

It's quality, not quantity, that matters.

Did you LIKE what you experienced?

No, I think the story was pretty awful (Sith Inquisitor). I won't spoil anything but it really falls apart around level 30, and by level 40 through finish, I was laughing at it

For most single-player video games, eight to 20 hours of gameplay is currently considered "sufficient." For Star Wars: The Old Republic, those numbers are merely a prologue to the main event.

In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Electronic Arts' Frank Gibeau said that players should expect around 200 hours of core gameplay per class, not including side activities like PvP and raiding. He was responding to a question about the game's allegedly high budget, which Gibeau says is worth the investment: "It's vast. It's a gigantic game. And that costs money. But when you get one of these launched they persist for a long period of time."

So. It really depends on what they consider 'core' content.

Assuming the following. Try no space-barring, doing all the side quests, main quest, datacron finding, maxing crafting skills, doing all the flashpoints, companion related quests and what have you and see how it pans out.

Even if it falls short, 103 hours is more than sufficient for me. Ha.

No, I think the story was pretty awful (Sith Inquisitor). I won't spoil anything but it really falls apart around level 30, and by level 40 through finish, I was laughing at it

I thought chapter one was actually quite good.

Chapter two was... scary.

Chapter three had me scratching my head and wondering how it ever passed QA. Gotta say, you probably picked the worst storyline. Maybe you would be tempted to spend longer on your character's leveling. I'm playing a Jedi Knight, I love everything about it, I just hit 25 and got to Nar Shaddaa, and I've been playing at least a few hours a day since the 13th.

Any estimate a developer can make has to be based on how long it takes for bads to play through the story line. Of course a person with a brain and previous mmo experience can get through the game much faster. It is similar to WoW on release where it took about 6 days to get to lvl 60 for someone who was good and about 15 days for someone who was new to an mmo.

I'm a Sith Inquisitor too and I've put about 2 hours into the game so far. I'm not excited about the review of the story you just gave because it is probably accurate. I'll return some advice... don't pay money to see the American version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo." I went last night because the reviews were great. Holy hell that was a waste of money.

I thought chapter one was actually quite good.

Chapter two was... scary.

Chapter three had me scratching my head and wondering how it ever passed QA. Gotta say, you probably picked the worst storyline. Maybe you would be tempted to spend longer on your character's leveling. I'm playing a Jedi Knight, I love everything about it, I just hit 25 and got to Nar Shaddaa, and I've been playing at least a few hours a day since the 13th.

Even chapter one wasn't great

But at any rate, if it was 200 hours (as promised) of awful story, I'd still be less dissapointed than I am at less than half that much of awful story