*DELAYED* Season 1 of Ranked Warzone Arenas

EricMusco

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is only fair to point out that Eric did not mention WHEN they noticed the "bug" with rating.

It is more likely that they knew about the "bug" while it was on the test server, and they knew about it on the live servers.

Thus making the more worrying thing the fact that they just let it stay there and never addressed it. Until of course they made a promise they can't keep.

This shows they either don't care enough about their product to make sure it works correctly before releasing it to consumers. Or, someone higher up is forcing the push out of unfinished content. I feel that, generally speaking, most individuals take pride in their work. So I am going to guess the latter.

Well; at least not all is lost. There appears to still be some anger on this. For a second there, I would have worried people just didn't care anymore if I were Bioware. Being upset with failure is one thing. It's even worse when failure is expected and accepted. Edited by Technohic

Re-Read the OP, this isn't about class balancing.

Read my post again , I wasn't talking about class balancing and my stomach really hurts now , better grab the tums ;(

Maybe you had me mixed up with another poster or two who mentioned the subject you are referring to.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Read my post again , I wasn't talking about class balancing and my stomach really hurts now , better grab the tums ;(

Maybe you had me mixed up with another poster or two who mentioned the subject you are referring to.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

BioWare please nerf my sammich or at least buff my stomach , this is stupid I will have indigestion.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Whatever. You can play it off if you want, I don't care.

QQ moar, impatient forum ninjas.

Do something of your own instead of crying over the fact that Bioware will delay ranked season 1, because of bugs. You will qq even if they do release it in Tuesday, crying that they should have delayed to fix all bugs. Well, QQ moar. I hope nobody cares.

Eric, if you're that concerned about ratings imbalances, then why wouldn't you wait to start Season 1 until class balance has been addressed? Seems kinda backhanded to delay it because some teams might get ahead due to a bug, but not because of some serious imbalances? Certain classes won't even be addressed at all in 2.5, and nothing has been spoken about smash for another.

This is an excellent question. Care to answer it Eric? Won't Season 1 be tainted already by ignoring the classes that need the most work? PRE-Season should have been where you figured out balance...why rush a flawed feature?

I believe that this was a desperate attempt to get subscribers back for the month and to hopefully get more subs next month. The character name change is to scare people into subscribing so they don't lose their name. lol @ this fail company.

They're trying to get as much money as possible out of this game before it dies. i simply refuse to believe that the developers and the people in charge of this game can be this incompetent. I'm glad I don't buy into their "bait&switch" techniques anymore.

I was going to post my thoughts/opinions on this subject, but luckily I decided to read what people have posted. SithEBM has put it in better context than what I could have written. Thanks SithEBM.

QQ moar, impatient forum ninjas.

Do something of your own instead of crying over the fact that Bioware will delay ranked season 1, because of bugs. You will qq even if they do release it in Tuesday, crying that they should have delayed to fix all bugs. Well, QQ moar. I hope nobody cares.

You must be new here. We have essentially been in pre season for 18 months. Have had a roller coaster of class changes (will happen in any mmo), had a new bolster system slammed down our gullet and the removal of 8v8 rwz for an arena system which a lot of people didn't want.

*edit* The removal of 8v8 is ironic since earlier this year they said that 'hardcore' PvPers will have something to look forward too in 2.4 with emphasis on the ranked scene. They instead pull what a lot of people spent money on for transfers and replace it with arenas.

This is the 2nd time they have stated they will release season 1 and then proceed to yank it at the last minute and this time the reason they're pulling the plug on it is for a bug we all knew existed since the pts.

Edited by cycao

*edit* The removal of 8v8 is ironic since earlier this year they said that 'hardcore' PvPers will have something to look forward too in 2.4 with emphasis on the ranked scene. They instead pull what a lot of people spent money on for transfers and replace it with arenas. .

The 'hardcore' PVP community was built around 8v8 teams. And that failed because they could not support it correctly?

Now we have 4v4 ranked, supposedly for the 'hardcore' PVPers. They put in all that effort to make the change to 4v4. Develop arenas, record voice actors, promote it more than most other aspects of the game recently. And the system is still broken? And they still let it hit the live servers?

How is that... I dont even... Who would do such a... ughhh

It's embarassing, not only for Bioware; I honestly am beginning to feel shame now that I have invested time and

money into this game.

Bioware's decisions and follow through make the CU in SWG look like the best idea ever.

That being said... I will still be playing lol.

The 'hardcore' PVP community was built around 8v8 teams. And that failed because they could not support it correctly?

Now we have 4v4 ranked, supposedly for the 'hardcore' PVPers. They put in all that effort to make the change to 4v4. Develop arenas, record voice actors, promote it more than most other aspects of the game recently. And the system is still broken? And they still let it hit the live servers?

How is that... I dont even... Who would do such a... ughhh

It's embarassing, not only for Bioware; I honestly am beginning to feel shame now that I have invested time and

money into this game.

Bioware's decisions and follow through make the CU in SWG look like the best idea ever.

That being said... I will still be playing lol.

8v8 rwz were still fairly popular on pot5 and the bastion and it saw a surge when transfers started. They were essentially replaced by arenas for the casual gamer could more easily get into solo or find a group since you only need 4 and with a matchmaking they would be more 'fair'.

No matter how you put it they're failing left and right at PvP which sucks because you would think when they said they had no idea how much interest PvP would be that they would put some effort into keeping the original essence but instead it has been getting picked apart and made into a more casual friendly experience, all it's missing is the participation medal.

8v8 rwz were still fairly popular on pot5 and the bastion and it saw a surge when transfers started. They were essentially replaced by arenas for the casual gamer could more easily get into solo or find a group since you only need 4 and with a matchmaking they would be more 'fair'.

and to highlight one of the fundamental issues with pvp...

It was difficult to find a group of 8 players for ranked, because of class imbalance.

Sure, most guilds could have 8-12 people on a night, but did they have enough smashers on? Did they have a sin to node guard and op heals? Did they have a bubble sorc when that was FotM? Teams were reluctant to run with less than optimal compositions because of the huge disadvantage it would put them at. When the playing field isn't level, it's best to stay off the field.

This was slightly alleviated with 4v4, but as people realize where the imbalances lie, the meta game will change. We will see new comps become the go to, and the same problems will re-emerge. Which is already happening.

Getting class balance perfect is obviously impossible. But if you can't get the classes within a reasonable range regarding ability to fill their role and team utility, people will always choose the classes that are the most favorable. And the others will be left on the bench.