Are you waiting for something else to play?

mmjarec

Wildstar looks too childish for me, I'm not into those type of games regardless of how good of a game it is. That 2 foot tall dual wielding mouse looks like Mickey ironically. I've seen more trailers on the game and it looks ok but it's just not for me, this game is still giving me all the entertainment I need.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was but I got to play a little wildstar in beta and it's just OK. Depending on what changes I can see that are happening behind the scenes will depend on that game for me as beta access is gone now. On another note, I'm also not sold on it's WOW appearance and being designed by ex-blizzard employees. I don't know that I want to ride that coaster again.

TESO looks good but is it similar to oblivion? I don't know but everything I read about it says it is and while Oblivion was a good game, I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for it. I hope I can get my hands on a beta to see as Oblivion was a decent game. Maybe they step it up and make it worth a sub.

At this point, I doubt I would give up any mmo I was invested no matter what it was for those 2 game. Will that change when their final version are presented? Maybe,,,

Wildstar looks too childish for me, I'm not into those type of games regardless of how good of a game it is. That 2 foot tall dual wielding mouse looks like Mickey ironically. I've seen more trailers on the game and it looks ok but it's just not for me, this game is still giving me all the entertainment I need.

If i can stomach wow i can stomach wildstar. If its constantly over the top twelve year old corny then i wont though unless the 40v40 guild castle siges and housing are fail then ill just play more archeage

It seems like bioware decisions just are counterinuitve against common sense i can find any logic in their decisions

Just wondering how many people are waiting and what they are waiting for

In a way, I'm waiting for an MMO with almost no combat and lots of social NPC interaction. Something like they currently do for Everquest Next for enemies in terms of combat - but for pure social interactions.

In fact, I'm currently waiting for D:OS top come out early next year. I think that it will be the best offline singleplayer RPG I'll be playing within the last years (apart from Drakensang 2).

I also feel the moment slowly coming that I'll be just fed up with SWTOR's mass hack & slay - or any other Action-RPG in general. That's why I loved Drakensang 2 : Its encounters actually looked meaningful ! The enemies had a reason to be there ! And social interaction was necessary !

I have a few adventure games lying an armlength away. I'll start them when I'm fed up with all of this constant fighting and smashing.

And that will come one day. I know it.

If i can stomach wow i can stomach wildstar. If its constantly over the top twelve year old corny then i wont though unless the 40v40 guild castle siges and housing are fail then ill just play more archeage

It seems like bioware decisions just are counterinuitve against common sense i can find any logic in their decisions

I get how people can be upset about SWTOR but some of the best gaming experiences I've had have been on not so perfect & bug filled games. The truth is no game will ever be "perfect" but this game is always improving and plenty of us fans are living out our Star Wars fantasies through TOR so I'm perfectly happy with the direction the game is headed.

I was waiting for Fallout Online but manned settlement of Mars will probably happen before that.

Wildstar looks intriguing but the anime graphics aren't my thing. Might give it a shot.

Elder Scrolls Online, probably give that one a shot, though wasn't a fan of any of the TES games.

EQ:Next... I'm usually immune to MMO hype after 15+ years of MMO's but I have to admit that they have me very optimistic. First MMO I've read about in years that sounds like they are making something different from the endless stream of bad WoW clones.

P.S. Forgot about Chris Roberts' game. That will definitely be worth a try. Wing Commanders weren't universally awesome but they were better Star Wars/Battlestar Galactica games than any official ones ever were.

Edited by CosmicKat

Wildstar looks like it's emulating popular American CGI cartoon style more than it does Anime. I watch a lot of anime, Wildstar doesn't look like it. Other than the Auren having ears and tails which isn't really an anime specific thing, but is common in anime.

Anyway, I'm not really sitting around waiting to play anything, but I am interested in trying Wildstar, and EQNext (I'm much less thrilled about EQ's character design so far, honestly). None of the other titles really interest me at all, though.

Habe you read up on the whole six abilities only type of combat? You mouse buttons swing and block. And you can only use six abilities hotkeyed at a time. It was kindof confusing abouh you weapon levelling instead of you? Mbe i read it wrong. I actually prefer swtor combat over somethig that wierd. I was stoked till i read about it. Tor may be old style but to me tab targettig is still better and i just wish tor was more visceral.tried coty of heroes another six ability game. I hate those they are completely limiting you versatility and strategems

Really? You think tab targetting is better?

"Going back to tab targetting after playing aim combat like tera feels like going back into the stone age" - mmjarec 09.23.2013

lol...

Driz

"Going back to tab targetting after playing aim combat like tera feels like going back into the stone age" - mmjarec 09.23.2013

lol...

Driz

Paid troll is ...busted again. lol..

What company is paying you mmjarec?

lol...

Driz

But that was so long ago......like...weeks!

Wildstar looks like it's emulating popular American CGI cartoon style more than it does Anime. I watch a lot of anime, Wildstar doesn't look like it. Other than the Auren having ears and tails which isn't really an anime specific thing, but is common in anime

We could have an endlessly nerdy debate over what constitutes "anime-style," which would add nothing in terms of how much wildstar's anime(or not)-like graphics style holds for TOR fans.

The only MMO i'm looking forward to at the moment is World of Darkness - i was a big fan of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines back in the days. I've also made some readings about it's universe and found it very interesting.

Though i may also give Wildstar a try when it comes out.

The only MMO i'm looking forward to at the moment is World of Darkness - i was a big fan of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines back in the days. I've also made some readings about it's universe and found it very interesting.

I don't think WoD MMO will ever see the light of day, unfortunately.

Wildstar looks like it's emulating popular American CGI cartoon style more than it does Anime. I watch a lot of anime, Wildstar doesn't look like it. Other than the Auren having ears and tails which isn't really an anime specific thing, but is common in anime.

Anyway, I'm not really sitting around waiting to play anything, but I am interested in trying Wildstar, and EQNext (I'm much less thrilled about EQ's character design so far, honestly). None of the other titles really interest me at all, though.

Isn't popular American CGI just a kid-friendly version of Anime's style? That's what it looks like to me anyway, but I'm not a fan of either.

EQNext appears to be changing the genre, by simultaneously doing something different and going back to the MMO's roots. The current template is dying. Maybe they'll screw it up but the status quo is dying so something has to fundamentally change or the genre will be dead in a few years.

I don't think WoD MMO will ever see the light of day, unfortunately.

Who knows.

On IgroMir (a large-scale annual exhibition of computer and video games in Russia, was happening October 3-6), CCP Games representative said that we should keep an eye on the news next year, and that the project is developing and is in a good state right now. He also said that they have a separate studio working on the game in Atlanta - a big office with "far more than 20 people". All of them are long-time workers and know what they are doing.