Are you waiting for something else to play?

mmjarec

Just wondering how many people are waiting and what they are waiting for or if they will keep subbing when games like wildstar come out? Personally it looks like it is shaping up to be what i hoped swtor would be but swtor will always habe one thing those games like wildstar and archage will never. Lightsabers. I wish they could have just done more with their opportunity. Its odd for me to get excited over something instead of angry. Who knows maybee they will suck but so far i hear more ppl in swtor talking about wildstar than swtor and t seems everyone i talk to is just waiting for something else. Im not saying it will kill swtor but from what i read a lot of people are waiting for it but still not as anxiously as they did swtor. Hype is only good if u live up to it. Tried firefall. What a joke. Three hotbar slots.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not waiting for anything else, but I might look into some of the games that will come out in the future....

Wildstar has me interested because of the whole saturday morning cartoon vibe I get from it, but we shall see.

What I'm waiting for to play, though, is the frickin' space pvp expansion... And I don't even really like PvP. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am. This game was awesome at realease but they did not deliver ... I played for 2 years and that's it. Did all storylines, FPs are boring, OPs are boring. PVP is lots of fun but WZs are repetitive and I HATE arenas so bad. My sub ends in december and I'm not resubbing. Awaitng for Bless, this game gonna kick ***.

Um, no, Wildstar does absolutely nothing for me. I may dabble in TESO though but until SWTOR closes down, I'll be playing it and then I'll move with my friends to a new game.

Habe you read up on the whole six abilities only type of combat? You mouse buttons swing and block. And you can only use six abilities hotkeyed at a time. It was kindof confusing abouh you weapon levelling instead of you? Mbe i read it wrong. I actually prefer swtor combat over somethig that wierd. I was stoked till i read about it. Tor may be old style but to me tab targettig is still better and i just wish tor was more visceral.tried coty of heroes another six ability game. I hate those they are completely limiting you versatility and strategems

TESO.

Although I will be back to check on TOR periodically. Do all the new story quests, flashpoints, OP's, etc.

Maybe even PvP if they give it meaning again. I am also actually looking forward to the space expansion. Free flight in TOR is what I wanted from the beginning, not some Star Fox light junk.

The story with all the awesome voice acting is really the only reason I come back to TOR, as the other stuff is just gravy. I guess that's why I also play The Secret World. Although that game has some EPIC boss fights that are actually fun.

Wish TOR copied some of their gameplay :D

Edited by TheLexinator

Waiting? Maybe...

Anything currently announced? Nope...

I am primarily here for the way Bioware tells stories. I am tired of reading endless text in most other MMO's and having absolutely no story to speak of... or the story just being moronic.

I don't want to work for the story (as in feeling like I need to read countless hours of content in and out of the game to have any idea what I am doing). I played WoW for years (from launch to cata)... All I know about the story... there are kings...

stories. I am tired of reading endless text in most other MMO's and having absolutely no story to speak of... or the story just being moronic.

+1

I also suggest you try The Secret World. It is buy to play just like GW2. Trust me, if you like Bioware stories - you will LOVE TSW. They also do quests much better than TOR. Some of the investigation missions took me HOURS to figure out.

Habe you read up on the whole six abilities only type of combat? You mouse buttons swing and block. And you can only use six abilities hotkeyed at a time. It was kindof confusing abouh you weapon levelling instead of you? Mbe i read it wrong. I actually prefer swtor combat over somethig that wierd. I was stoked till i read about it. Tor may be old style but to me tab targettig is still better and i just wish tor was more visceral.tried coty of heroes another six ability game. I hate those they are completely limiting you versatility and strategems

HUH????

What I said was that I'm not leaving TOR, how the heck did you get anything else out of that except that I may dabbled in TESO. Oh and btw, not for the combat, for the RP.

+1

I also suggest you try The Secret World. It is buy to play just like GW2. Trust me, if you like Bioware stories - you will LOVE TSW. They also do quests much better than TOR. Some of the investigation missions took me HOURS to figure out.

I felt the GW2 story was just kinda stupid. I lost interest after a few weeks. I will check out the secret world though. I prefer science fiction to fantasy though.

I felt the GW2 story was just kinda stupid. I lost interest after a few weeks. I will check out the secret world though. I prefer science fiction to fantasy though.

The GW2 story was stupid. I mean TSW is B2P, just like GW2. No need to sub - ever. It also gets more content updates than TOR (but not as much as GW2).

Which is really odd. Both GW2 and TSW are B2P games, yet they get more content patches than TOR. TSW is also completely voiced (like TOR). There should be no reason that TOR shouldn't be able to do the same.

Edited by TheLexinator

Love playing this game, but hate they can't figure out how to FIX class bugs and balance classes correctly w/o knee jerk bat swinging. When new content does hit I'll most likely check it out about 3-4 weeks AFTER it's release since that seems to be the live bug catch up window.

Waiting for TESO myself and will most likely go Preferred and pop in every once in a while. Might be sooner than later as many other players I know are starting to leave this game now.

HINT: BW folks - you should make INCREMENTAL changes to class balance and not massive congressional versions of far RIGHT or far LEFT changes. LOL

Waiting? Maybe...

Anything currently announced? Nope...

I am primarily here for the way Bioware tells stories. I am tired of reading endless text in most other MMO's and having absolutely no story to speak of... or the story just being moronic.

I don't want to work for the story (as in feeling like I need to read countless hours of content in and out of the game to have any idea what I am doing). I played WoW for years (from launch to cata)... All I know about the story... there are kings...

Yeah that is the best story telling ive seen in a mmo and its important but it seems like they neglected other areas. Downside is without something else unique replayability isnt much after u do all the quests.

I am pretty sure no pthers are going to do as well with non voiced quests alltough id givecthem a pass if they did like tor but took out the voice

They dont seem to understand that wen story is your sellig point u want to extend it frequently and everything since launch has been a patchwok story and now that they say they are not continuing class stories they are killig their best selling point. I find planetary storylines less compelling overall seeing how these games are all about personal development

Love playing this game, but hate they can't figure out how to FIX class bugs and balance classes correctly w/o knee jerk bat swinging. When new content does hit I'll most likely check it out about 3-4 weeks AFTER it's release since that seems to be the live bug catch up window.

Waiting for TESO myself and will most likely go Preferred and pop in every once in a while. Might be sooner than later as many other players I know are starting to leave this game now.

HINT: BW folks - you should make INCREMENTAL changes to class balance and not massive congressional versions of far RIGHT or far LEFT changes. LOL

Dammit, you found out their secret. Ted Cruz is a class dev.

Edited by gorstram

Yeah that is the best story telling ive seen in a mmo and its important but it seems like they neglected other areas. Downside is without something else unique replayability isnt much after u do all the quests.

I am pretty sure no pthers are going to do as well with non voiced quests alltough id givecthem a pass if they did like tor but took out the voice

They dont seem to understand that wen story is your sellig point u want to extend it frequently and everything since launch has been a patchwok story and now that they say they are not continuing class stories they are killig their best selling point. I find planetary storylines less compelling overall seeing how these games are all about personal development

Unfortunately it is probably true. It is one of the reasons that I never went past the open beta in FFXIV:RR.

It is probably why I will be here until either

1. Bioware makes some really bad, unforgivable mistakes

2. They shut the game down

3. I finish all of the content in the game and there is no more on the horrizon.

I probably will quit swtor eventually, but I don't really have any particular games on my horizon. Well aside from SWBF but thats still a little less than 2 years away. Maybe I'll see into the other two games that Visceral and Bioware got there hands on with the SW IP.

In general, I won't be joining another MMO after SWTOR. None of the rest do it for me.

Edited by Nickious

Honestly. I hope that Bioware ia making another MMO (who do I need to talk to for a Mass Efffect MMO)

Just based on all the mistakes they made here that are harder to fix now. the chance to build a brand new game (but not rebuild one) that may be able to run next to this one... I would be extremely excited for.