WTB 2v2 and 3v3

Sinatore

Yes 4v4 doesn't magnify and exacerbate enough balance issues we need those 2v2 and 3v3 so we can truly see some balance issues.

Perhaps I should have been more clear in my original post....I am talking about 2v2 and 3v3 with of course this so called "balancing" update they are doing in 2.5 or whatever. Im sure given the state of classes over-performing/under-performing that this would indeed exacerbate some of the problems as you said.

Also, with 2v2, and 3v3 (assuming better balance) would result in games being played with more tactic and finesse. Not "Derp smashing/op healing full stealth bombing teams"

Would appreciate a non flame fest here! :D

The entire game is centered around "The Trinity" of tank, healer and dps (albeit, two dps). Despite what some might claim, I'm fairly certain this is the setup they have in mind when they attempt to balance classes - not around anything less.

Perhaps I should have been more clear in my original post....I am talking about 2v2 and 3v3 with of course this so called "balancing" update they are doing in 2.5 or whatever. Im sure given the state of classes over-performing/under-performing that this would indeed exacerbate some of the problems as you said.

Also, with 2v2, and 3v3 (assuming better balance) would result in games being played with more tactic and finesse. Not "Derp smashing/op healing full stealth bombing teams"

Would appreciate a non flame fest here! :D

you realize that it is probably not humanly possible balance a game. Every other game of this complexity is riddled with balance woes. All that ever happens is perceptual switches between fotm and whatnot.

I would love a 3v3 and 2v2 braket BUT don't allow healing in it. Only tanks and DPS. if you allow healing... Nobody dies to the point the gas thing... Even with 2 DPS and a good tank+healer combo is just about immortal.

I would love a 3v3 and 2v2 braket BUT don't allow healing in it. Only tanks and DPS. if you allow healing... Nobody dies to the point the gas thing... Even with 2 DPS and a good tank+healer combo is just about immortal.

The healer won't die if you are terrible at DPS. IMO, they should add 2v2 and 3v3. If you can't kill an healer, then you deserve to loose.

The healer won't die if you are terrible at DPS. IMO, they should add 2v2 and 3v3. If you can't kill an healer, then you deserve to loose.

You really think 1-2 DPS can take down an OPS healer that is guarded by a Jugg (that knows how CC and taunts work)? Right...

Edited by Xanas

Negative ghost rider.

It would create a balance nightmare

As well as more of a class exclusion nightmare. More-so than we are already seeing with 4v4s.

I vote NO to 2v2 and 3v3s for arenas + comms. BUT i'd love to see some kind of dueling area set up in game where you can go in and create any comp and number size you want and you can battle it out in an arena for NO prizes. Just for fun.

But as far as ranked arenas with comms and all that, 4v4 should be the only option. Oh yeah, and bring back 8v8 obj rated warzones. But hey.

2v2 would be pretty much impossible for tanks to do. Tank + DPS would lack burst and not have enough survivability against teams with a healer on them. Tank + Healer teams would have too much survivability and no burst causing matches to always go to suden death, which is boring as hell. Bad idea.

Just keep the 4v4 and balance the game around that, it is already a task that I think is too much for Bioware.

4v4 feels like a zerg fest, I'd like to see 2v2 and 3v3...discuss......

100% agree! 4v4 is a jail fight.

3v3, 2v2, but most important in my eyes 1v1!! Ofcorse we can do duels but I want coms and rateing after my duels! And lets be honest a 1v1 shows 10000 times more your actual pvp rateing, player skill then the 4v4 zerg fest. Its so clear like sky.

2v2 would be pretty much impossible for tanks to do. Tank + DPS would lack burst and not have enough survivability against teams with a healer on them. Tank + Healer teams would have too much survivability and no burst causing matches to always go to suden death, which is boring as hell. Bad idea.

Just keep the 4v4 and balance the game around that, it is already a task that I think is too much for Bioware.

Just disable healing in 2v2 arena as i said and it will work. Even Tanks would have a place there. Just guard the DPS and use taunts. Those 2 DPS on the other side are going ot have a hard time burning him down.

2v2 would be damn fun. Grab a friend and que. Best arena type for me in WoW. Had a ton of fun.

@LuciferinDNA

Nop... 1vs1 is decided before the fight even begins by what classes are fighting... Still it would be fun but that is it... Shadows would dominate it.

Edited by Xanas

Just go duel somewhere.

No rewards... Some people organize 1vs1 tournaments... So even with the bad balance i see no reason why a 1vs1 arena braket could not exist.

Put some rank in it that would show on SWTOR.com and its going to be awesome.

Edited by Xanas

100% agree! 4v4 is a jail fight.

3v3, 2v2, but most important in my eyes 1v1!! Ofcorse we can do duels but I want coms and rateing after my duels! And lets be honest a 1v1 shows 10000 times more your actual pvp rateing, player skill then the 4v4 zerg fest. Its so clear like sky.

Well there is no way that they would ever do 1v1 arenas. This game is not balanced around 1v1 and stealth would have the advantage every time.

I have no issue with 4v4 I think things would get even more out of whack and further separate classes/specs if they move to smaller arenas.

Edited by cycao