Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Give subs free subscription time

Falmark

Its about time BW Give subs some free subscription, all the problemes are getting really anoing.

Man up BW and and give the ones of us that are actually still paying for this some compensation.

Edited by Falmark

Its about time BW Give subs some free subscription, all the problemes are getting really anoing.

Man up BW and and give the ones of us that are actually still paying for this some compensation.

Um no. Absolutely not necessary as people have different problems and they not all the same. Besides, they are not obligated to give us anything and if you think they are well that screams entitlement.

Lol please, I'm a CE and yet I think this is silly.

Does BW/EA fall on their feet a lot - yes. But so far recently has it really warranted free game time - no. Unless something drastic happens and the game is needed to be taken down for days, etc., then maybe some small in-game or CC gift might be warranted.

Oh yeah, players from USA came in to say how fine it works for them. Of course it's fine for you. It's European servers are down. If anything happened to your precious USA-based servers, it would be fixed in 5 mins, I'm pretty sure. They just do not give crap about EU ones.

Just go back to your overseas land and shup up please.

Edited by PaniMauser

Oh yeah, players from USA came in to say how fine it works for them. Of course it's fine for you. It's European servers are down. If anything happened to your precious USA-based servers, it would be fixed in 5 mins, I'm pretty sure. They just do not give crap about EU ones.

Butthurt much old chum?

TheUndead is from Australia and jedi-p is from Scotland. Unless they are just lying, you shut up please. :rolleyes:

Free subscription? Why not just stop subbing and play the free version?

Oh please...The Harbinger is the buggiest server and goes down more often than any servers, known fact. And they still haven't fixed whatever causes it. People even joke there should just be a sticky for it.

Lol please, I'm a CE and yet I think this is silly.

Does BW/EA fall on their feet a lot - yes. But so far recently has it really warranted free game time - no. Unless something drastic happens and the game is needed to be taken down for days, etc., then maybe some small in-game or CC gift might be warranted.

2 days count? Or is that not enough? ;)

edit: seems the Harbinger and the Progenitor hamsters are related :D

Edited by jankiel

TheUndead is from Australia and jedi-p is from Scotland. Unless they are just lying, you shut up please. :rolleyes:

Lol. Thanks for the shoutout mate. Also it's 11:20am Sydney time in case just in case you were wondering. :D

Wow. Overactive much? I might also add that the Harbinger is the the buggiest broken server and it comes down for maintenance more often than anything. So I think in this case perhaps it is you who needs to keep quiet.

Lol. Thanks for the shoutout mate. Also it's 11:20am Sydney time in case just in case you were wondering. :D

Wow. Overactive much? I might also add that the Harbinger is the the buggiest broken server and it comes down for maintenance more often than anything. So I think in this case perhaps it is you who needs to keep quiet.

Also your address is ***** ***** St. Really got to limit what you list on your profile. :D

It wouldnt hirt them to show some appreciation for those who pa their wages. Something like 30 free days for every six months you are subbed would not hurt them if anything it would encourage more longterm subs

Yeah, flushing $60 every 14 months per sub is totally not going to be bad for the company. Where did you get your MBA, might I ask? :rolleyes:

Probably to that one that the European servers are unplayable since yesterday :D

I was playing fine till last night. They just went down for 2-3 hours in the morning. Such stuff happens in a MMO game. SWTOR has far less server downtimes than many other games.

Edited by DKNS

They already have. Twice actually. Just not recently because there haven't been any serious issues recently. They may do that for those who were affected by the recent server problems. If they do, it just won't happen right this minute. Edited by GalacticKegger

It wouldnt hirt them to show some appreciation for those who pa their wages. Something like 30 free days for every six months you are subbed would not hurt them if anything it would encourage more longterm subs

Maybe that's why they give 6 month subs at a cheaper rate? Have you thought about that? instead of ranting 24/7, try to use your brains once in a while maybe.

Yeah, flushing $60 every 14 months per sub is totally not going to be bad for the company. Where did you get your MBA, might I ask? :rolleyes:

Dartmouth.

The lost revenue of a customer month bi annualy is greater if they dont habe that customer at all

You would rather have him leave than encourage his friends to pay as well as paying himself

Lost revenue in the way of incentives to play over time will lead to a lrger player base. Or are you happy having dps wating for hours in a queue?

Some revenue is better than none at all. Right now a few bucks discount on a six month sub is around the same as it would be to just give them a free month. Besides there are intangibles like customer feeling valued and less likely to leave that offset money lost.

Sorry i didnt think a mba was required to post but since u seem to think so where did you get yours

One of the things I was forced to accept in playing this game is that there is a lot of down time where I can't play. Be it having to reinstall the whole game because an update and wrong build was released a day early or waiting a day to play because something to do with Cartel Market caused the routine maintenance to last ten hours longer than normal. This is on top of the weekly and occasional biweekly maintenance cycles where again I can't play. This has been going on since I started in June. All this is to say that you have two choices deal with it or move on which I know isn't what any of us want to hear but that doesn't alter the situation in the slightest.

SWTOR has about 500k subscribers, no hard data of course but its a good ballpark figure, each paying $15 a month. That is 7.5 mil a month in revenue. In two years they would be losing 22.5 million in revenue, or about 12.5% of 90 million.

Seriously 12.5%? If you went to college and came out thinking this was good business you need to ask for a refund. No business can give or should away 12.5% of its revenue every two years.

I mean look at Apple the worlds most valuable company. In a two years period makes about 310 billion (using 2012 revenue). They gave away 100 million last year to charity, so 200 million over two years. That works out to .0064% of their total revenue.

Bioware could of course give you back that same percentage of their revenues over a two year period, which would work out to... $1.52 for the two years you have subscribed.

Makes the 500 cc grant (approx $5) earlier this year look a bit more generous when we apply some reality...

There is trying to help your image and please your subscribers then there is the reality with post like this... some subscribers have no clue what they are asking for and should be ignored.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.