Galactic Starfighter: PvP only?

The_Grand_Nagus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that PvP in the space combat will be 180° different from the PvP combat we have now. Less skills, more maneuvering, no general cooldown, probably no stunlocking and definitely no "smashmonkeys OP". I, as a PvP hater, welcome this update with high hopes because in the other game I play, the PvP space combat is vry entertaining and addictive *ahemspaceconflictahemahem*

I also think that if the system works well and the PvP aspect of space combat will really be fun, ships will be easy to control and stuff will make sense in general, they may introduce some PvE instances.

I think that PvP in the space combat will be 180° different from the PvP combat we have now. Less skills, more maneuvering, no general cooldown, probably no stunlocking and definitely no "smashmonkeys OP". I, as a PvP hater, welcome this update with high hopes because in the other game I play, the PvP space combat is vry entertaining and addictive *ahemspaceconflictahemahem*

I also think that if the system works well and the PvP aspect of space combat will really be fun, ships will be easy to control and stuff will make sense in general, they may introduce some PvE instances.

This^

So looking forward to this. My first xbox live game was crimson skies, now i get to do it all over again!

It's a valid question to ask whether PVE is included. PVE is very significant for MMO's. Pink teddy bears are not.

Brown teddy bears, sure, but pink?

Not every piece of new content MUST have PvE in it.. not even in a mainly PvE game like this one.

Seriously... this is candy for the PvP players...who feel unloved by the devs.... stop grousing IMO.

Not every piece of new content MUST have PvE in it.. not even in a mainly PvE game like this one.

Seriously... this is candy for the PvP players...who feel unloved by the devs.... stop grousing IMO.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want, or have, both PvE and PvP content for each new content update or expansion.

That, in my opinion...would be the best way to go.

Edited by VitalityPrime

I don't think it's unreasonable to want, or have, both PvE and PvP content for each new content update or expansion.

That, in my opinion...would be the best way to go.

I understand the desire. :) That's why I commented back to you on it.

I'm just saying.. even in a strongly PvE centric game.. it's OK for PvP only content some of the time.

Did you want PvE Arenas too? :p

Besides... patience. Let the PvP folks debug it and then they can make PvE derivatives with Champion enemy pilots that will require good group team play to spank them down. ;)

Edited by Andryah

I think it is pretty clear that PvE is not included, given that it is not mentioned once in either the video or release. That doesn't mean that the space game won't include PvE at a later date or that things won't change between now and Dec 3. But really its black and white. No PvE.

I think it is pretty clear that PvE is not included, given that it is not mentioned once in either the video or release. That doesn't mean that the space game won't include PvE at a later date or that things won't change between now and Dec 3. But really its black and white. No PvE.

It certainly sounds that way, but sounding a certain way is not a definitive answer(aka "black and white"). The XPAC page mentions different gameplay types. All Bioware needs to do is make a simple statement to clarify.

It certainly sounds that way, but sounding a certain way is not a definitive answer(aka "black and white"). The XPAC page mentions different gameplay types. All Bioware needs to do is make a simple statement to clarify.

Dear Nagus

They said it's 12vs12 battlezones.

If it were 5vsMonster or 12vsUberMonster, they would have said it.

Why ar'nt you disappointed right now instead of begging for a "clarification" so you can be even more disappointed later?

It says 12v12 pvp, how can that be any clearer ;)

It doesn't say maybe pve or imply pve. It just says pvp. Now if you want to discuss the datamines that have been done that is another thing, but from the releases today there is nothing to say there will be pve.

*Lets not discuss the datamines... Devs are watching :sul_embarrassed:

Edited by CKHelseth

Did you want PvE Arenas too? :p

Yes, please! We can be in a deathfight against mobs of enemies wave after wave that result in a boss battle and repeat 2-4 times until we beat the final boss...

Oh, wait, they already have this? They're called "Flashpoints?"

Well, how about 8v8 PvE Warzones. Same idea, but more / bigger enemies and bigger bosses...

They thought of that too? 8-Man Operations?

:D:P:D

I'm fairly positive they will introduce a pve mission down the line where you and your buddies have to fly into some massive structure to knock out the main reactor :)

So far this space thing looks pretty cool.

It would be nice to have something like Battlefront, where you boarded capital ships and took out everything and everyone on the ship. :p

What I want to know is...is this off-rails? Silly question I'm sure, I just want to totally understand this release. If it's off-rails ala Battle Front II? Holy crap! This game just doubled in awesomeness

The gameplay footage looks like battlefront style flight.

Edited by Wodaz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.