2nd Digital Expansion

Nothematic

Ya baby ... the ability to transition between ground and space combat would absolutely set the bar. Particularly for flashpoints and operations. Here's one ... WZs with both air & ground objectives ... getting shot down & crash landing ... healing up and joining the ground force to complete that objective. Just having some idea fun. :)

I really think you're overestimating what their game engine can do (it's by far their biggest mistake in making this game). Don't get your hopes up. Best case scenario imo would be; flying around blabla, transition cinematic of your ship crashing, then you on foot next to a burning ship model.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I was starting to look forward to this however a lot of people are making a good point. We really don't need or want this and rather then do this system Bioware could be doing so much more.

Just ended my sub.

Wait, so you were looking forward to it and now you are canceling you sub just like that? That seems to be a bit of a jump... especially when we only known the bare details of what the expansion will be like, let alone what it will actually add.

What the game needs and how much more BW could be doing is very subjunctive and based more on personal opinion rather then the game as a while, but As for this Expansion being something that is unwanted, I will refer you to this really well-put post...

IMO the believe that a substantial amount of subs will leave the game because of the nature or inclusion of a free flight space combat feature similar to BF2 is ludicrous at best.

It was not only the third most posted, viewed and responded thread in beta (wizard name change topic was number one, appearance tab was two), the highest polled request as to the type of space combat preferred during the same period, it is cited often outside the forum as one of the top 5 reasons the game fell short of expectations (on rails space combat).

Simply put, even for pure PVE folks and/or casuals, I expect this feature will have strong appeal. I would even go so far as to say that this is one type of PVP that all kinds of different folks will participate in.

Edited by Cyberwoman

You know I was starting to look forward to this however a lot of people are making a good point. We really don't need or want this and rather then do this system Bioware could be doing so much more.

Just ended my sub.

Uhm... this sounds funny. I like it, but other people say it's bad, thus it's bad, therefore i'm ending my sub. Yeah, funny indeed.

Found my answer ...

MASTER A VARIETY OF SHIP ROLES

From a Scout to a Gunship, master various ship roles that suit your combat style.

How about my preferred combat style?; capital ship. Sit still in space and look at all the silly little flies buzzing around. :p

I really think you're overestimating what their game engine can do (it's by far their biggest mistake in making this game). Don't get your hopes up. Best case scenario imo would be; flying around blabla, transition cinematic of your ship crashing, then you on foot next to a burning ship model.
I have no hopes to squash. "Just having some idea fun" is exactly that ... having fun with ideas. This is a fictional game, correct? Glad the contributing BW folks get to read your incredibly positive stuff. Edited by GalacticKegger

Most likely never. All we are going to see is more DLC's (or "Digital Expansions" how Bioware/EA calls them). This is just my opinion though, which is based on how the game is doing from the very beginning.

Very sad if it is so. I want to buy a addon that will contain a lot of content and have a collector's edition, which contains some figure or something like that. My Malgus very bored standing alone) But seriously: if you still give this content for free, why call this addon? It draws on a nice update, but not for the full addon, no matter how cool this cosmic confrontation will be.

I wonder if this is going to be free this time around? I can't find any place to pre-order on the page only to sub to the game, hence my thinking it might be free!

"in the new Free-to-Play Digital Expansion: Galactic Starfighter"

Wait, so you were looking forward to it and now you are canceling you sub just like that? That seems to be a bit of a jump... especially when we only known the bare details of what the expansion will be like, let alone what it will actually add.

Don't worry about him, that guy has been gloom and dooming the game since the very beginning. Look at his post history and be amazed at how consistent it is. I doubt he's going anywhere either.

Found my answer ...

MASTER A VARIETY OF SHIP ROLES

From a Scout to a Gunship, master various ship roles that suit your combat style.

I'd suggest looking at a game called Strike suit zero.

It's pve that but everything seen so far seems to be a page out of that games book, including the data-mined control scheme. That game has scouts, fighters, bombers etc. and the basic difference is in their toughness, maneuverability and the load-out they can carry (number/type of guns/missiles).

I would be shocked if gunships were anything other than slower and more heavily armed and armored fighters.

Having said that, it's not a bad thing. SSZ is a very fun game.

Edited by aeterno

Very sad if it is so. I want to buy a addon that will contain a lot of content and have a collector's edition, which contains some figure or something like that. My Malgus very bored standing alone) But seriously: if you still give this content for free, why call this addon? It draws on a nice update, but not for the full addon, no matter how cool this cosmic confrontation will be.

I think it's going to be bigger than you think it is. It's not just another warzone to queue for.

I have no hopes to squash. "Just having some idea fun" is exactly that ... having fun with ideas. This is a fictional game, correct? Glad the contributing BW folks get to read your incredibly positive stuff.

No this is not a fictional game. This is a REAL game. Its content is fictional yes, but I don't see what that has to do with the limitations set by its game engine.

And what's that last sentence supposed to be? I can't speak my mind? I can't look at things realistically, instead of through rose-colored glasses? Ok man, thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Tahra

Most likely never. All we are going to see is more DLC's (or "Digital Expansions" how Bioware/EA calls them). This is just my opinion though, which is based on how the game is doing from the very beginning.
Best Buy, Target of Frys all have shrinking PC game aisles. PC games are going DD with DLC expansions (Origin, Steam, etc.) in favor of packaged goods. Wouldn't be surprised if consoles are right behind. We have Big Data and its seemingly ubiquitous Cloud promotions to thank for it I think.

I think it's going to be bigger than you think it is. It's not just another warzone to queue for.

Not sure, if there's much more to it why wouldn't they list it under "highlights"?

What they announced Makeb with was what Makeb came with. I can't really see things that would knock major socks off add to the list of highlights in time for initial launch. Down the line.

You will always get some players who are disappointing and annoyed no matter what the news was, that is the nature of MMO's and gaming. So many opinions, needs and wants that someone will always be upset. In fact, there is actually a lot more positivity about this news on the forums then I was expecting! :i_angel:

Look im not trying to hate here. But you're kidding yourself if you think this is wisely spent development dollars. You play this game because it is a star wars character...not because of some star ship you can side-scroll through a mission with.

Star wars galaxies made this very same mistake. Was it a hit? For about a week....then it completely died and just became what space combat is in this game...a mini-game that hardly distracts anyone after the first hour of so of gameplay.

So go on and keep drinking the kool-aid. Else you can try to have an original thought as to how you feel this game should be and then utilize these forums in a constructive manner and tell the producers of this game that this isnt good enough....not for an "expansion" not by a long shot.

No this is not a fictional game. This is a REAL game. Its content is fictional yes, but I don't see what that has to do with the limitations set by its game engine.

And what's that last sentence supposed to be? I can't speak my mind? I can't look at things realistically, instead of through rose-colored glasses? Ok man, thanks for the feedback!

Anticipated something like a rose-colored glasses slam. It's a forum. And yes the game is real. Or at least as real as 1s and 0s will allow. Guess I shouldn't have been surprised that it too would be considered a point of contention. Edited by GalacticKegger

Anticipated something like a rose-colored glasses slam. It's a forum. And yes the game is real. Or at least as real as 1s and 0s will allow. Guess I shouldn't have been surprised that it too would be considered a point of contention.

'Choose your words more carefully in the future', is all I can say young padawan. :p

This had bloody well better not go pay-to-win.

Reason I say this is because I seem to recall a "Starship Bundle" of power-gear (for the existing ship) that was only available in that disgusting cash-shop that offered certain advantages.

I dunno, refresh my memory someone, the current on-rails space shooter is of no interest to me at all, soooo...

hope I'm off-base there?

There is no dispute . But one warzone does not pull even on update. Similarly, "as more" does not pull on the full addon . So many times I had hoped and believed in Bioware . On the anniversary of the game, until the last moment I believed it would be something more than fireworks . To the output of the first digital additions to the last moment I believed that there will be something else .. What do they just tell you closer to the exit , or simply make a surprise ... But .. As much as I love Star Wars , as much as I love Bioware and their games in the nearly 2 years they disappointed so many times and lost that Suman faith in them. And every time I look forward to what they announce something that will show that they are fulfilling their promise, that they hear long-standing request of players. They give players something that will override all the failures of the past. The full complement could it be.

This had bloody well better not go pay-to-win.

Reason I say this is because I seem to recall a "Starship Bundle" of power-gear (for the existing ship) that was only available in that disgusting cash-shop that offered certain advantages.

I dunno, refresh my memory someone, the current on-rails space shooter is of no interest to me at all, soooo...

hope I'm off-base there?

Agreed.