Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

2nd Digital Expansion

Nothematic

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably just different scenarios. Say Warzones, voidstar=1 mode, CW=2nd mode, denova=3rd....
Those are map-based objectives. I'm thinking modes: single player mode, 2-to-4 player crew mode (gunners, pilot, engineering/repair), a combination of the two, etc. Edited by GalacticKegger

Boys and girls ... we have ourselves a game changer. Bioware keeps this up we may even get some peace & quiet around here. :)

^This

PvE Space Combat would be fun to have next. Space Operations & FPs anyone? :D

^And This!

• Dev Post
Can you explain what:

"Maximum leveling and progression"

does it mean? We will able to level this ships?

Although I cannot go into specifics yet, what I can say is that there is a system of leveling and progression for Galactic Starfighter itself, and just like the rest of SWTOR, subscribers will get a bonus to that progression.

-eric

Simply put, even for pure PVE folks and/or casuals, I expect this feature will have strong appeal. I would even go so far as to say that this is one type of PVP that all kinds of different folks will participate in.

As a pure PVE-er I can tell you; no this feature holds no appeal for me whatsoever. It's good that it's free. That's all it has going for it imo and that's the only reason you won't hear me whine about it; It's a free, optional expansion of this game. But is it interesting? Not in the slightest.

You know I was starting to look forward to this however a lot of people are making a good point. We really don't need or want this and rather then do this system Bioware could be doing so much more.

Just ended my sub.

Although I cannot go into specifics yet, what I can say is that there is a system of leveling and progression for Galactic Starfighter itself, and just like the rest of SWTOR, subscribers will get a bonus to that progression.

-eric

You certainly appear to be watching this thread closely. I have a question, on behalf of at least half of the players posting in here. Are you considering PvE Space Combat with the new system, as an option down the road?

-eric

Mr Musco, this is probably the most intuitive part of what you guys are offering. In fact, I think the current space combat feature would have had far more appeal if it had it's own progression scale as well.

Now, I would STRONGLY recommend you guys take a stable build of the new space combat gui, put down a hard deck, change fighter models to player models and find some way to make on foot combat using the minimum ability set.

Not only do I think that fighter to on foot transition in capital ship combat (BF2) would be an absolute home run, it would open the door to a new PVP mechanic that could essentially replace the current mechanic in place.

Remember, the on foot combat does not necessarily have to include the current in game animations and effects, or even appearances for PVE players...in fact a standard uniform look would work in this respect IMO.

Radical, I know...but I believe it has potential.

Edited by LordArtemis

Mr Musco, this is probably the most intuitive part of what you guys are offering. In fact, I think the current space combat feature would have had far more appeal if it had it's own progression scale as well.

Now, I would STRONGLY recommend you guys take a stable build of the new space combat gui, put down a hard deck, change fighter models to player models and find some way to make on foot combat using the minimum ability set.

Not only do I think that fighter to on foot transition in capital ship combat (BF2) would be an absolute home run, it would open the door to a new PVP mechanic that could essentially replace the current mechanic in place.

Also, this.

I will probably give it a try, but since it's PvP-only I doubt I'll spend too much time on it, maybe try it a few times a week or something. But it's free, and another way to pass the time.

Does it excite me? Not all that much.

Am I glad it's coming? Yes, absolutely.

Edited by DarthVitrial

-eric

Thanks for the reply, we will see what do you mean :D

Another question if it is possible:

What about the queue? Pre made team are allowed? Only pre made vs pre made (like arena)? Or just like the actual warzone?

Possibility to choose the starship and change it during combat? During queue?

I have sooooooo many question!!!

Definitely lookin forward to this! I don't do PvP, but this will probably change my mind. 2 questions tho...

1. Can we use a joystick?

2. I read somewhere that there will be 2 new companions. Can you confirm this?

you can now if you use Inner space , IS Is not just boxing software and if you check it out the DEV warns you on his site no BOT talk if you do hell first warn you then ban you .. :) ..

Is this something where we'll need to purchase joysticks to be successful? or is it mouse-based?

NEED? Very unlikely. Bioware Swtor has made some mistakes in the past, but I'd be very, very surprised if they did something that stupid.

Ya baby ... the ability to transition between ground and space combat would absolutely set the bar. Particularly for flashpoints and operations. Here's one ... WZs with both air & ground objectives ... getting shot down & crash landing ... healing up and joining the ground force to complete that objective. Just having some idea fun. :)

All this is very cool! But ... Why not collect more content and do not release the full addon? When will we see the first full addon, not a digital?

Most likely never. All we are going to see is more DLC's (or "Digital Expansions" how Bioware/EA calls them). This is just my opinion though, which is based on how the game is doing from the very beginning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.