Hey DRAMA.

easeyway

I'd love to see some too. It's unthinkable for me because I don't think I could do it and through my experience which doesn't portray an objective reality it would seem like a hard class to play in arenas. Like I said, I'm sure some better players are out there doing it, or could do it if they had the means (read team).

I just have a profound distaste as far as rerolling is concerned and felt like reinforcing roudys sentence that adapting is not rerolling which is very nicely put and i strongly agree with it.

Yeah, that's ok.

I don't think it's cool either to reroll to a fotm from a perfectly viable class/spec (I'm looking at all the Jugg tanks).

But I also understand people who are basically forced to reroll. An example of Mando DPS 1.2-2.0 comes to mind, no?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be honest with you here dude. Your setup pretty much hardcounters our setup(mara sin jug). No matter how you play it. You just tunnelvision me and thats it, you missplace smashes, flamethrowers and you still win when we are not allowed to make a single mistake.

While when we got PT in our group, that was a totally different story - we basically stomped your fotm pt x2 smash with pt sin mara.

Do you even know what a counter comp is..? Do you stand pretty much chanceless playing with a guardian and mara against pt double smash? **** no. Unless you don't have an operative healer there is nothing counter about that comp.

It's just harder for you, that doesn't mean it's a counter.

And I would argue PT Sin Mara to be the better comp when compared to PT double smash.

An example of Mando DPS 1.2-2.0 comes to mind, no?

I barely remember what it was like, but who's to say nobody ever made it work. Maybe someone somewhere pushed through and played it right. I like to think that exceptional players can make any class/spec work, although maybe I'm wrong.

thats it, you just aoe mezz, delay the burst and everything becomes magically easy once again.

That's the same you do, you even have lower cooldown on your aoe mezz.

(2 * 1 min vs 1 * 1 min + 1 * 45 sec, or 2 * 45 sec if you play with hybrid jugg)

I didnt flame anyone.

Your team did.

Live. You are no where close to real sport sadly enough. Brainless aoeing is not something you call sport.

You did not beat us on live with Yummy. Or was it one time? I don't know and I don't care because I don't count wins or losses like you probably do.

Read previous post, you seem to have trouble with reading. We rarely play with same ppl in 1 team.

You might have trouble reading, because I was talking about our team, and not yours.

And you rarely play in the same team because you simple can't, whether it's because of personal reasons or setup reasons, like Gerikke said, there is no Drama group.

If Yummy has rerolled to PT, you will be playing with the same team as often as possible, I imagine.

I wont even commenate here, you have best aoe cc out of all setups with best aoe damage. L2p issue probably.

You might need to learn the other classes besides your assassin.

2 * Marauders + 1 Jugger Tank have way more aoe cc

Carnage Marauder + Jugger Tank have more aoe cc

All that a Powertech has, regarding aoe ccs, is the aoe stun for 2.5 - 3 seconds

Whole swtor community along with hardcore PvP auditory thats left in the game.

Evolixe thinks otherwise, is he not part of the swtor community?

Oh I hope so since you have troubles understanding why we stun powertech.

I don't have troubles understanding why you stun powertech.

See? I brought it back.

I barely remember what it was like, but who's to say nobody ever made it work. Maybe someone somewhere pushed through and played it right. I like to think that exceptional players can make any class/spec work, although maybe I'm wrong.

Well, as a matter of fact, there was this Merc DPS pre 2.0 for a while who played for FUBAR and others that became (If you remember "Bombchicka").

It could "work", but while decent DPS could be achieved, it didn't have the group utility, and without HO you were dead when multiple melee decided to jump in. It was basically dead weight compared to Pyro PT f.e. It's also the reason he was not allowed to play the Merc very often.

And I would honestly say that that guy squeezed everything that spec had to offer at the time.

But, you're right. It wasn't as bad as people made it to be, that's for sure.

Edited by easeyway

Well, as a matter of fact, there was this Merc DPS pre 2.0 for a while who played for FUBAR and others that became (If you remember "Bombchicka").

It could "work", but while decent DPS could be achieved, it didn't have the group utility, and without HO you were dead when multiple melee decided to jump in. It was basically dead weight compared to Pyro PT f.e. It's also the reason he was not allowed to play the Merc very often.

And I would honestly say that that guy squeezed everything that spec had to offer at the time.

Agentjay.

That is all.

I think the big reason why you were told "no, stay PT" is because Gorgoz may have felt you were taking his place as ranged. I also remember telling the rest of FUBAR to st.fu because you were 10x the player Gorgoz was; was never hard to pull big numbers as Madness.

Anyway, enough reminiscing.

What makes me incredibly sad though is now you're playing with a Sentinel who uses Valorous Call (2min cd, gives 30 Centering), pops Zen while in Shii-Cho form (gives him 3 stacks of Singularity) and doesn't even begin the fight, and we wait it out. I think I can safely say that you're half of the contribution to your team doing so well in arenas, the other half being your support (tank/heal), and my feedback about the player I'm referring to in this paragraph still stands, ever since FUBAR days.

Edit: RIP Feta.

Edited by Daystarr

Why you so mad at me?

I did ask if I could play with you guys, for like a million times. And Xzarn. But I guess you were busy with your new pals. I felt like I was pretty much ignored, so I looked elsewhere.

I just play with people who wanna play with me, who took me in, and we seem to do just fine. For all the people calling you "good sport", I sure don't feel like it. What's with the "RIP" everywhere?

Edited by easeyway

Agentjay.

That is all.

I'll have to say this: We tend to glorify the past. In other words, saying that some players were really good/better than current players, could be that they were the only ones that were good at the time. Though I'm not saying they were bad by any means, I'm just indicating that the best players might not have been one of the 'old' guysh, as they could aswell be some players who didn't want to bother with ranked.

At least I've met several excellent players, who weren't playing rwz afaik.

I'll have to say this: We tend to glorify the past. In other words, saying that some players were really good/better than current players, could be that they were the only ones that were good at the time. Though I'm not saying they were bad by any means, I'm just indicating that the best players might not have been one of the 'old' guysh, as they could aswell be some players who didn't want to bother with ranked.

At least I've met several excellent players, who weren't playing rwz afaik.

You clearly don't know the legend that is Agentjay :D

Also, I've been arguing that point for months, I didn't play rated myself.

Edited by Aragost

Why you so mad at me?

I did ask if I could play with you guys, for like a million times. And Xzarn. But I guess you were busy with your new pals. I felt like I was pretty much ignored, so I looked elsewhere.

I just play with people who wanna play with me, who took me in, and we seem to do just fine. For all the people calling you "good sport", I sure don't feel like it. What's with the "RIP" everywhere?

I have to agree with Aseko here... Compared to your attitude in the other thread, where you were flaming, claiming to be the best etc. and how you post in this thread... Seems a bit suspicious to be honest...

You clearly don't know the legend that is Agentjay :D

Dado? Seguns? :p

And I know you're a great example, and yes, I faced Jay in a warzone or two... Just can't remember anything special...

Edited by ToMyMa

No.

Just... no.

Agentjay left the game after soloing tfb nm, the week before it was relased, game had no challenge left for him :(

Alright, didn't know about the tfb though. And now might be the time to ask the question 'What is a good player? And what makes a good player? Is 'gear' involved? Are teammates involved?' It's quite hard to define, is it not? :p

Why you so mad at me?

When you asked if you could play with me, what did I tell you? I told you I didn't know what the hell was happening, so I couldn't give you an answer, however if you were around in 2.4 to hit me up and we could try to get a group together.

Xzarn's a different story and has lost interest in the ranked scene of this game, and is just having fun with his friends levelling new chars etc.

I'd like to play with you for old times sake, I'm just not sure if you're over the whole Warmonger fiasco you started a month or 2 back, and then ended up removing me from your contact list on Skype because I made valid points, and I was once again agreeing with you to disagree (sorry to bring it up but to summarize: Yes WM were one of the best in their time, but no the discussion had no place in the current ranked scene) and your only retort was "grow up." Had you not removed me from your contact list, I'm sure we'd have already been playing a fair few games already.

Like I've said before though, I hold respect for any player who enters the ranked scene in this game: newbies will just get eaten alive by the current competition, and any veterans still remaining are all swinging their *****es in the who's got the biggest díck competition. Me? I just play for fun, because this is a game at the end of the day, and I'm not afraid to tell another team who've worked their arses off for a win "Gg," because it's deserved.

I have to agree with Aseko here... Compared to your attitude in the other thread, where you were flaming, claiming to be the best etc. and how you post in this thread... Seems a bit suspicious to be honest...

1. Doesn't involve you.

2. All of you people thinking I'm being serious here: I'm not. I'm just giving back some much needed "reality check" to some folks who need it. This was supposed to be fun, as was the other thread, but that quickly crashed, because...

3. While I was just messing around, some people were actually serious, and some things were said that actually, really, weren't nice.

P.S: Link me where I claimed to be the best, because I never did that. I claimed that a certain GUILD was the best, in my opinion. But let's not go there again.

Edited by easeyway

1. Doesn't involve you.

2. All of you people thinking I'm being serious here: I'm not. I'm just giving back some much needed "reality check" to some folks who need it. This was supposed to be fun, as was the other thread, but that quickly crashed, because...

3. While I was just messing around, some people were actually serious, and some things were said that actually, really, weren't nice.

P.S: Link me where I claimed to be the best, because I never did that. I claimed that a certain GUILD was the best, in my opinion. But let's not go there again.

Well, I was trying to make a point, so the 'you being the best' was just a way to make it more 'clear'.

Most mature thread I have ever seen :D

On that note, vanguard/PT dps/tank is very cheasy, and clearly not working as intended, seeing as other tanks simply cant peform any where near is well. It's not even close.

Not exactly an exploit to use em though. If you choose not to bring one, your loss.

However I agree, its hardly worth bragging about defeating a setup who played with another kind of tank.

Lets hope 2.5 isnt month away so we can maybe start seeing some actual diversity in warzones, cause atm, there is pretty much none.

You dont need to be a tank when you can dish out more or less the same dmg as 2 pure dps'ers. The pressure a team puts out in the composition.

Thats why I dont like it. Its so powerfull, without the utility. basically its easy street. Which is why you see everybody using it.

I think the big reason why you were told "no, stay PT" is because Gorgoz may have felt you were taking his place as ranged. I also remember telling the rest of FUBAR to st.fu because you were 10x the player Gorgoz was; was never hard to pull big numbers as Madness.

Anyway, enough reminiscing.

What makes me incredibly sad though is now you're playing with a Sentinel who uses Valorous Call (2min cd, gives 30 Centering), pops Zen while in Shii-Cho form (gives him 3 stacks of Singularity) and doesn't even begin the fight, and we wait it out. I think I can safely say that you're half of the contribution to your team doing so well in arenas, the other half being your support (tank/heal), and my feedback about the player I'm referring to in this paragraph still stands, ever since FUBAR days.

Edit: RIP Feta.

Thank you Aseko for pointing my mistake and i'm sure to inform Feta to join your team because i am so bad sentinel and you're much better than i am.

Edited by Bonzenaattori