Oricon: My thoughts.

RaiderMid

Have to say I've enjoyed the step up in difficulty. Tho not a huge leap its nice not being able to faceroll through the New content in 30 minutes. Also, agree with the second encounter on SM being like a HM boss encounter. Wiped 4 times last night! But once we knew how to manage the adds it was ok. Can only imagine what it's like on HM!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opposite experience. The complete opposite experience.

In four hours, I solo'ed all of the initial planet missions, returned to do it all again for the dailies, did the weekly, did the bonus mission with the panels, downed all of the individual named commanders, the large tentacle, and the champion beast for the title, explored the entire planet and got four of the lore objects. I think I got an entire 66 purple set that's bind on equip that I mailed to an alt, and got a half million credits from selling junk and all of the mission rewards.

Sentinel Watchman in 72/75 gear using auged 72 Doc and you just blow through this planet. In the Heroic areas, I might actually pop my defensive cd's. And on a couple of the named Commanders, I had to use my Heroic Moment. But other than that, no problem. I found there's all sorts of chests to be had, materials galore, and I discovered some locations that I think there might be more to it.

It's a nice planet. Good job on this one.

Same: just did it on my 66 geared Merc with Blizz and we didn't ever come close to dying (except when soloing the Heroic - Blizz we need to get you out of those 58s and into something more tanky).

Pretty much sucks unless you are grouped up. The solo instanced areas (specifically the bosses of the area) feel like they should at least be labled 2+ heroics. I'm just venting some frustration but after 60k in repair bills, it looks like it's back to the fleet to watch the paint dry.

Rant over.

I'm not big on dailies areas yet I love it. The atmosphere and the story are very well done and it's just awesome for owpvp. Recruited a few reps to take it to the imps last night. We ganked a few until they teamed up and jumped us 20 v 15. Most owpvp fun I've had in a while.

And stunning + force pushing an imp into the lava is a thing of beauty.

Edit: I definitely wouldn't say that the Bothrian beast is a dps check. I'm in full conqueror tank gear with doc and downed it pretty easily. As soon as you kill the tentacles when they spawn it will go down quickly.

If anything it's too easy, and I am a tad disappointed that it is not much of a challenge at all. 66's and 69's are my best geared toons atm, and having no problems with the place at all, not sure why people are complaining that it is too much of a challenge for them.

It depends very much on whether or not you're a melee or a caster. Because of the huge numbers of interrupts, stuns and mezzes, casters have it much more rough than people with instant abilities. Sentinels, Guardians, Vanguards have no problems whatsoever with the place while Sages (TK) and Commandos (Gunnery) can struggle because they can't finish their channels and casts.

I have tried it at first with Gunnery Commando in 72/75 stuff and was honestly quite surprised how difficult the Heroic 2+ quest was. I almost died several times on the champion mobs, not because I didn't do enough damage or my companion didn't heal enough, but because there was so much stuff going on that could interrupt your casts/channels that I could barely use my skills.

After that I did it on my Guardian and Vanguard (both in a mix of 69/72) gear and it was a walk in the park. I couldn't believe how much easier it was an instant-ability based melee character. Tore down every single named champion mob without even going down to 50%.

So once again, casters got the short end of the stick. More proof of Bioware's blatant melee favoritism.

I'm completely stuck on the Bothrium Beast. I'm interrupting him constantly, I'm killing tentacles as soon as I see them, but he way out damages my companion's heals and he can go from 1/2 health to full in the blink of an eye. My heroic moment attacks are barely scratching him. There are 5 instances and hardly anyone is talking, let alone willing to group. My joy at having new solo quests has turned into intense frustration. At this rate I'll never bring an alt through or ever do the dailies.

I'm wearing purple 66s and am nearly fully augmented. My companion is in a mix of blue and purple 66s. I'm a Juggernaut tank.

Got him on the 6th try. Whew, was about to rage quit!

Yeah. He is not easy until you get him. Now I've done him 3 times now and each time he is going down faster than the last. IMO, you have to zoom out a bit so you can see a good bit of the screen and area. He announces that a tentacle is coming then shoots this purple electrical charge so you no where it is. then, you can kill the tentacle easy before it heals the boss. Also, you only have to interrupt extract (I think that is what it is called). Just interrupt that every time and he can't heal from that.

Bioware doesn't cater to people who don't or just want an easy peazy game to play!

Okay, now THIS made me laugh.

SWToR is, quite possibly, one of the most "casual" friendly games on the market today.

Nothing, allow me to repeat for emphasis, nothing is difficult in this game.

Running a Veng Jugg and this was a pretty straight forward and simple run. I did like the pacing and the setting is awesome. This weekend, the guild will be attempting straight HM runs to see how it goes. I was full 72's with my companion healer in a mix of 69/72.

I think this was more or less designed to be of moderate challenge to players who had HM/NIM ops completed, while it kind of left anyone in the lower tiered gear with a more difficult time. I was only caught off guard once by one of the Daily bosses, which equaled 1 death.

The Heroic area is nice, I like the mob density, makes it tough to solo and actually made me look for at least one other person just to speed things up.

Oricon might be the reason I stay subbed until SSSP and whatever other content they have comes out. If the raids are short and boring, then it's back on break from TOR until something fresh hits it again.

The problem is the gear gap and it's widening with the new 78's from the new OP HMs: I did the dailys on my 75/72 sent with a 78 offhand bought from Ultimate comms and naturally it was not a problem at all, not even the H2s to solo with Treek as a healer (she's in 72s). But if the dailys have to work from the gear described by some in this thread and say full 75ers with some 78s, it can hardly work for everyone... I'd vow for making it easier, as I think it makes more sense to bore a few players than frustrate many...

Sounds like a lot of people in here need to run a lot of 55 Hard Modes and gear up!!! This is exactly what killed another MMO I used to play... I just hope people learn how to gear up (Its not hard) and Bioware doesn't cater to people who don't or just want an easy peazy game to play!

66's are level 53 gear, you cant expect to run a lvl 55 planet with level 53 gear O-o, also a Tank should not be running with a "Healer" Companion!

The new planet is very Solo'able just the way it is!

I did it in 156.Gear I crafted.My companion had 148.Be patient and get your interrupts in.Also Heroic Moment is our friend.So how long have you been employed by Bioware?Since you can speak for them.I solo the game except on rare occasions and PVP.

SWToR is, quite possibly, one of the most "casual" friendly games on the market today.

QFT, one of my best memories is soloing a heroic 4 quest as a healer with Kaliyo in the Balmorra droid factory that a two person team with companions wiped on. They didn't get involved thinking I'd get slaughtered and I whittled it down over 5 minutes. I got some really nasty tells from them.

My main toon is mostly 72's (about 32000 hp) and I have still been killed a few times. I think the difficulty need's to be lowered to Makeb lvl. Not enjoying it like this frankly. And the repair costs doing this planet becuase of the raised difficulty pretty much make it almost pointless. I also have no desire to fight all these bosses in order to do dailies all the time. I prob wont ever come back to this planet except for the ops. I dont go to CZ either because the frame rate down the elevator is flat out horrible. Yes, I dont play games for a big challenge and difficulty. I play them to relax and escape. I dont care about ego's and gloating. All the new planets frankly suck since 2.0. Makeb was the beginning of bad frame rates and it has only gotten worse. I remember having great frame rates before 2.0....I guess those days are gone.

I am sick of new dailies being added. There is bloody enough of them. I want CHARACTER SPECIFIC STORY LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUILD SHIPS!!! LEGACY DYES!!!!

I enjoyed the fact that I couldn't just burn through the content like everywhere else but the area will get easier after you run it a few times. I finally feel like I'm being rewarded for all the time I spent grinding for 72's (which is now lowbie gear). Mobs are everywhere so you have to play smarter which is a welcome challenge IMO and the heroic 2 mission is very fun. I hope they keep this world like it is, a bit more challenging but definitely doable.

I enjoyed the fact that I couldn't just burn through the content like everywhere else but the area will get easier after you run it a few times. I finally feel like I'm being rewarded for all the time I spent grinding for 72's (which is now lowbie gear). Mobs are everywhere so you have to play smarter which is a welcome challenge IMO and the heroic 2 mission is very fun. I hope they keep this world like it is, a bit more challenging but definitely doable.

If your character is full 72s, why do you need to grind the Oricon dailies anyway? The dailies only reward comms for 69s and the weekly a handful of comms for 72s. You can't gear alts because the Verpine and Black Market gear is BoP (and legacy transferring the mods gets costly and you lose the shells anyway) . Gearing companions? So you're just doing it for the "welcome challenge"? How long will that last?

If the Oricon weekly rewarded some Ultimate comms it might be worth the effort. As it currently stands, it isn't.

If your character is full 72s, why do you need to grind the Oricon dailies anyway? The dailies only reward comms for 69s and the weekly a handful of comms for 72s. You can't gear alts because the Verpine and Black Market gear is BoP (and legacy transferring the mods gets costly and you lose the shells anyway) . Gearing companions? So you're just doing it for the "welcome challenge"? How long will that last?

If the Oricon weekly rewarded some Ultimate comms it might be worth the effort. As it currently stands, it isn't.

Most people grind dailies for the credits and reputation. You need to be Legend status in order to get the new Tauntaun, if you're a mount collector.

Yes, I buy black market and verpine gear, stick them in legacy gear, ship them off to alts. It's not very taxing on credits because I make credits...doing dailies (and other things). I still have companions that need some gear too.

My main toon is mostly 72's (about 32000 hp) and I have still been killed a few times. I think the difficulty need's to be lowered to Makeb lvl. Not enjoying it like this frankly. And the repair costs doing this planet becuase of the raised difficulty pretty much make it almost pointless. I also have no desire to fight all these bosses in order to do dailies all the time. I prob wont ever come back to this planet except for the ops. I dont go to CZ either because the frame rate down the elevator is flat out horrible. Yes, I dont play games for a big challenge and difficulty. I play them to relax and escape. I dont care about ego's and gloating. All the new planets frankly suck since 2.0. Makeb was the beginning of bad frame rates and it has only gotten worse. I remember having great frame rates before 2.0....I guess those days are gone.

I am sick of new dailies being added. There is bloody enough of them. I want CHARACTER SPECIFIC STORY LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUILD SHIPS!!! LEGACY DYES!!!!

If you're mostly 72s I hope you're only dying on the Heroic. If you dying on the solo stuff then... I can't think of anything nice to say.

Strange, I did the quests, including the heroic 2, with PvP gear all solo and had no big trouble. Most of the time I died was because PvP happened, the quests are pretty easy, and the commanders in the heroic 2 can be soloed, as long one starts the fight somewhere save so that no mob group respawn there or one don't get pushed into one. But playing a stealth class helps to simply vanish when it seems like something is going south and to rethink the approach again (especially when I got too much attention from mobs I don't want to pay me attention to).

NiM Kephess, TFB and S+V are challenging until you clear them.

But yeah, there's ALL SOLO CONTENT IS TOO EASY:(

Interrupt, interrupt, interrupt, then interrupt some more. Also, Hero-moment.

This planet is as much a gear-check for companions as it is for you.

The only one I'm finding really annoying is the [HEROIC 2]...

I've never not been able to solo most of those before with stock PvP (63/65 off-pieces) gear, but it's a bit much even for purple 66s, although it can be done. (Expect to wipe a few times though. Those trash mobs, and getting punted into same will hurt a lot, although some of those named Champions are definitely easier than others.)