Unintended Patch Download

CourtneyWoods

Most of the time, an apology is sufficient IMO. But, sorry this one is a massive hit on the player base.

I'm fortunate that I read the forums regularly as I play so I knew enough to NOT relog into the launcher until this gets sorted out.

You simply cannot afford making mistakes that force players to do a complete re-download.

Condemnation of a Bioware action by this player may be one of the signs of the apocalypse. See you guys in the fallout shelter.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And people call me a pessimist because I think that things can always get worse than you could imagine. Or wait, do they actually call me an optimist because of that..? Anyway, what a fail. I really want to think that you are not as bad as many write here. But you are.

GREAT. SUPER!. How funny!

and HOW could we know that it would break the game?

Guys, with all respect, but "we released unintentionally" seems a bit too light.

It should say, "Sorry, someone went nuts, and published the content that was not supposed to be published. We take a blame."

Now, since I am PLAYING it now, I assume that I tomorrow would have to completely re-install the game - NO FUN, really, NO FUN, guys.

My god, the end times may have come.

Andryah has complained about something....

Let's be fair, it's pretty hard to defend this.

I mean, even human error isn't that much of an excuse because there are safeguards and fall backs and re-checking, right?

Most of the time, an apology is sufficient IMO. But, sorry this one is a massive hit on the player base.

I'm fortunate that I read the forums regularly as I play so I knew enough to NOT relog into the launcher until this gets sorted out.

You simply cannot afford making mistakes that force players to do a complete re-download.

I just peed myself a little, you didnt excuse bioware. :eek:

So after making the expansion free for subs and giving cartel coins to people who got it for free... and giving a lame title to your loyal, paying customers... this is the latest fiasco with this IP? Very well done, BioWare. Unless we get a heaping pile of cartel coins for being locked out of the game essentially for tonight, otherwise I have no further plans for continuing my subscription.

At least you have the option to cancel yours. I foolishly bought the 60 days flat instead of subbing.

Hello everyone,

As some of you have already noticed, we unintentionally released the patch data for Game Update 2.4 this afternoon at 2:46 pm CDT before its scheduled deployment.

If you have already begun patching or completed patching, we recommend that you do not run the Launcher until after tomorrow’s maintenance. If you do not run the Launcher until tomorrow, you will only have to patch Game Update 2.4.

If you do (or already have) run the Launcher again prior to tomorrow morning’s update, you will need to re-download the entire game client.

**Please do not attempt to log in or patch at this time.**

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

GET TROLLED BY BIOWARE LOL

:rolleyes:

While I'm on the subject, take my crappy Risen title and give me the coins that everyone else who bought the expansion 3 days after me got.

No.

Now can we please, just for once, stick to the subject at hand and not talk about your personal grievances that we neither care for nor agree with?

And people call me a pessimist because I think that things can always get worse than you could imagine. Or wait, do they actually call me an optimist because of that..? Anyway, what a fail. I really want to think that you are not as bad as many write here. But you are.

Yeah, not that not playing this game bothers me much - but how the hell do you release a patch by mistake? How is that even possible?

What I want to know is how the launcher can't scan and see that a machine already has file Main Asset XXX, and skip it and go to whatever else might be needed. Hey here's an idea, cancel your deployment server's scheduled task, oh wait what sort of Cluster F**K would that cause? God only knows at this point.

For paying subscribers, or any paying customer for that matter, since this was totally under the control of Bioware/EA, and not an act of God, the company should at least offer to make amends in some way, shape, or form. And, the person or persons responsible should be reprimanded in written form to HR. This is just completely inexcusable, and then someone rubs salt in all our wounds by telling else, meh, sorry, you'll just have to repatch the whole client and wait until tomorrow?

/facepalm ^100000000000000 :mad:

Hello everyone,

As some of you have already noticed, we unintentionally released the patch data for Game Update 2.4 this afternoon at 2:46 pm CDT before its scheduled deployment.

If you have already begun patching or completed patching, we recommend that you do not run the Launcher until after tomorrow’s maintenance. If you do not run the Launcher until tomorrow, you will only have to patch Game Update 2.4.

If you do (or already have) run the Launcher again prior to tomorrow morning’s update, you will need to re-download the entire game client.

This is nuts. Imaging all the people who play without checking the Dev Tracker first. Screwed!

You guys really need to make this a swtor.com top headline. It doesn't show up anywhere except the dev tracker (and the 1 forum its in).

Luckily my sub was up in 2 days. Caught it to cancel right before it renewed XD

I guess I'll resub when the game is redownloaded in a few days.

Who knows 2-4 days without any ToR at all, thats pretty much like forced withdrawal, I may not even want to play after the drugs outta my system.

Hello everyone,

Would it be possible to just push through tomorrow's update today then? I don't think it's acceptable to ask people (like myself) who subscribe to the game to just not play today because a patch was released when it shouldn't have been and we just happened to log on at that time. I think the only viable solution here is to release the update a day early, otherwise you're basically asking us to either not play your game tonight (not good business) or to redownload a massive amount of game data because of a mistake on your end (again, not good business).

Hello everyone,

I have been a proud supporter of this game since Aug 16 2011 (shout out to Revan beta people) through all the crap, server merges, downtime, but this is a total joke. I have never been so mad a this game before.

If you are crediting people for this disaster, I want a refund in cartel coins! Not some $3 off of my sub.

While I'm on the subject, take my crappy Risen title and give me the coins that everyone else who bought the expansion 3 days after me got.