The new PvP dailies will have a bad impact

DarthMaulUK

I guess my question is, if you're just doing it for comms or to complete the dailies/weeklies, then why PVP at all?

What difference does it make if the bads (and I probably am one) get gear quicker with the new rules? It won't make them any better at PVP, so even with the better gear, you'll still be able to faceroll them.

Isn't the key thing about PVP that the content changes (meaning the players, results, action) in every match? I would hazard a guess that one of the things that makes really good PVPers is that desire to win and be better, so they can win more. That's what makes it fun. It's not scripted. You never know what's going to happen.

Granted, I've only played lowbie and mid PVP, since I literally just started PVPing about two weeks ago. But, I'm addicted. I hate losing and certainly get frustrated by folks who don't know the objectives or even try for them. I'm absolutely certain that I've been the cause of frustration for other folks on my team at times. But, with every match, I try, because I want to win and I want to get better. And I feel like I'm slowly getting there.

I PVP because it's fun. I play way more than two matches a day. Which, for those keeping track at home, means I do more than just the daily. So, why on earth would I want to just sit in a warzone or arena just to get the daily done?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience the vast majority of players quitting a game are poor/mediocre players that leave as soon as they think being carried to a win is not a likely outcome. Sure there are other scenarios as well but those are much less frequent.

As for the weekly I don't like the change but still I find it hard to believe that it will lead to an epidemic of ppl sitting around doing nothing.

Welcome to the Participation Trophy Generation, where equal opportunity means equal result.

As long as I don't have to log in at weird hours of the day to get my weekly done just because of faction balance, I don't care what they do to my weekly/daily

I like the system being implemented now where you get 2 completions if you win as a bonus. There's an incentive right there.

Don't punish a team because some people on the team are bad and screwing their team. That's how lopsided PvP servers happen to begin with.

I really applaud the new pvp changes. They will do great for PvP in SWTOR.

I do think a mechanic should already be in effect that if you quit a WZ you are locked out of all WZs for 30 minutes.

Again you are ALL missing the point. This thread isnt about quitters. Its about what will happen in PvP. Bioware may as well place deck chairs and a pool in a warzone because it will be short on combat

I think the point is your point is pointless, wake up man !

As long as I don't have to log in at weird hours of the day to get my weekly done just because of faction balance, I don't care what they do to my weekly/daily

Heres a crazy idea..... queue with friends/guildmates/other randoms that dont suck? :rolleyes:

PvP is TEAM BASED. If you suck on your own, bring some friends.

And here is why.

With the introduction of the new failed game mechanic - just having to 'complete' a warzone to get your daily/weekly done will only encourage scores of players to sit around and do nothing.

I understand why it was changed, because of the bads complaining of pvp quitters but this isn't the way of dealing with it.

Players leave Warzones because of bads. Winning isn't the only reason. I can handle losing a game, if we played well but just lost to the better team and it was close, but losing through stupid muppet mistakes is the key reason why people quit

Examples -

a) - Voidstar. Bomb is planted within seconds of round starting.

b) - Enemy team score within seconds on Huttball

c) - Players don't mark healers or even attack them when they are marked

d) - Leaving nodes undefended.

The list goes on. The only way to address this is a simple one. To have the SAME number of Coms win or lose but you gain more of a financial reward for winning than losing. Players are chasing coms, losing matches quickly, through what has been listed above means that you get a huge reduction in coms, lowest I have seen is 59, and this only creates the scenario for players quitting early.

Mark my words, next week, PvP will change and not for the better.

I'll quit matches we are winning if people are doing stupid things. This will have no effect on me. If people cant do simple things that everyone regardless of skill should be able to do aka.....

Call Inc

Respond to inc calls

Not get leapt to in endzone from pit

Leave a node undefended

then chances are I will quit the match. I don't leave cause I'm chasing wins or comms, I could care a less aboot them. I leave because it isn't fun losing because people are incapable of doing simple things.

Im not sure its going to lead to more people standing around just waiting for the WZ to finish so they can collect their comms.

If your trying to gear, doing the daily and weekly alone are not going to gear you in any timeframe that those type of slackers are going to tolerate.

I think the only thing it will do is potentially have more people queuing for Warzones as those that get frustrated when your faction only has bads queuing that they either switch sides or dont pvp will now continue to pvp.

The more I think about it, I think its a good change and the positives out weigh the negatives.

Many thanks for that find. The last time I looked it was different, just needing to 'complete' a warzone to get your daily/weekly. So it looks like Bioware saw sense and made a change. I stand corrected. If only someone found this earlier - would have saved all the drama.

Those are the notes that were up on the PTS for a month, so you started this vineyard for no reason. The only thing that's changing, as the notes state, is that weekly missions now behave as the daily ones do, so that you don't have to sit through 20+ ****** matches, if you're unlucky/bad, to get them done.

Someone on an earlier page said something about research...

I have played in a fair amount of PVP and have noticed that Premade teams come in and ravage the group I am in are usually made of ranked gear players that should never have been in the non ranked que, these players with voice coordination should be playing where they belong not gloating over ravaging people trying to advance their gear. As I have leveled many toons pre-55 using pvp I just dont see the spankings that I see at level 55. I am not saying the teams I have played with never win, but as a player that does random que pvp It just seems quite unfair the way people with ranked gear are allowed to play with non ranked gear players.

In my experience the vast majority of players quitting a game are poor/mediocre players that leave as soon as they think being carried to a win is not a likely outcome.

<Deal With IT> - Red Eclipse

Given that your guild mostly runs premades of experienced PVPers using voice chat vs. random hordes of PUGs (naturally, not ranked), I'm not too surprised by "your experience" :rolleyes: