The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please switch the engine now before its too late..

Hazed

but that don't mean they have the right to scam us out of hard urn money. i mostly blame EA for this, they are the drive behind the prizes i'm practically sure of it.

Actually, they have every right to offer you things for whatever price they deem appropriate. If enough people buy it for the set price, it is fine, if they do not, try lowering the selling price. That is how basic market theory works.

4th fact, the game has code problems, no one will say otherwise, pore code writing results in pore game play! i have steady fps in more modern games like BF4 then i have in this game and with a power-house of a computer, that just insane. pvp "open world, big groups" i don't have fps at all. go figure. again don't reply bad PC or what ever, none of my other games has fps problems.

Funny thing is, other people have no fps problems, even in insane 24v24 PvP matches on Oricon. Also, there is team still at work that tries to fine tune their hybridized version of Hero Engine.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know mang. That kid's stuff looked good. But this game already looks good.

The problem with the Hero engine isn't that things don't look good. The problem with the Hero engine is the performance issues that occur when more than 4 people enter an area.

If your problem occurs at 4 people, or even 5x that, the problem isn't the game engine but rather the hardware on which you run it.

Apparently it don't take much to develop a quality environment as demonstrated by the student's video.

Just sayin' you can't say "oh this can't be done" when clearly it can, if they use the proper engine.

That's not an environment, it's a 30 second flyby in a constrained and contained graphics exercise. The fact that someone has a cry developer's kit and can whip up something like this...which is admittedly good looking...in no way implies that a fully interactive environment could be developed without a ton of cash, effort, and performance issues.

A ton of cash, developer time, and significant performance hit potential for many players...in a F2P.

Were you trolling, by any chance, and already knew the above? If not, why is it you feel that the proverbial juice is worth the proverbial squeeze?

Actually, they have every right to offer you things for whatever price they deem appropriate. If enough people buy it for the set price, it is fine, if they do not, try lowering the selling price. That is how basic market theory works.

Funny thing is, other people have no fps problems, even in insane 24v24 PvP matches on Oricon. Also, there is team still at work that tries to fine tune their hybridized version of Hero Engine.

^^this

I have a stock word processing machine with a i7 core in it, and I can run max graphics bloom and all, with zero lag even in those 24v24 fights. (And its funny watching the people in those that are obviously lagging as they don't even react to their cast being interrupted for another three seconds)

The engine isn't causing poor performance, the engine is just more demanding on machine than other games out there.

No sane person can defend this clunky POS that is the swtor engine, i have been the biggest fan of this production and lured alot of friends and colleges into swtor starting from pre relese hyping this **** in a way i really thought this would be a quality MMO that would focus on improving performance.

My rage flows when it comes to the fact that they pissed on this great IP and excellent idea, dont get me wrong i love bioware games and the story aspect they focus on but when they design a game with a planet like Ilum where massive battles where to occur you cant defend or ignore the giant fail turd they choose to ride on. Imo they should just announce SWTOR 2 in the making and make it right from the start with a engine that would actually support "Massive" multiplayer online gaming.

Im no game designer just a StarWars fan and a gamer at that, and i do not approve new raids,space missions,daily missions and cartel packs with a new *********** color on my pants when the game need optimization so bad its not even funny.

No sane person can defend this clunky POS that is the swtor engine, i have been the biggest fan of this production and lured alot of friends and colleges into swtor starting from pre relese hyping this **** in a way i really thought this would be a quality MMO that would focus on improving performance.

My rage flows when it comes to the fact that they pissed on this great IP and excellent idea, dont get me wrong i love bioware games and the story aspect they focus on but when they design a game with a planet like Ilum where massive battles where to occur you cant defend or ignore the giant fail turd they choose to ride on. Imo they should just announce SWTOR 2 in the making and make it right from the start with a engine that would actually support "Massive" multiplayer online gaming.

Im no game designer just a StarWars fan and a gamer at that, and i do not approve new raids,space missions,daily missions and cartel packs with a new *********** color on my pants when the game need optimization so bad its not even funny.

Yet here you are.

It may not be funny to you.

But just to let you know.. I chuckled when I read your post. :D

Dude.. there are some ongoing performance issues with the game, but it's not that bad.

Your review reads to me ------> like the Ohio Art Company forgot to put sand in your Etch-A-Sketch. :p

It may not be funny to you.

But just to let you know.. I chuckled when I read your post. :D

Dude.. there are some ongoing performance issues with the game, but it's not that bad.

Your review reads to me ------> like the Ohio Art Company forgot to put sand in your Etch-A-Sketch. :p

This entire thread was a great example of wanting the sand removed and replaced with gold dust simply because.

This thread really needs to be double tapped, the locked, then deleted, then the harddrive and back ups deleted, then burned, sealed in a box, and blasted into a sun as it goes supernova so as it becomes a black hole so the ONE molecule left remaining of the thread , at the singularity, turns into well nothing. Then sent into another dimension so it can bug someone else, or better yet in to a parallel dimension where it actually MIGHT make sense and THEY can go discuss it.

I'm imrpessed this damn thread is still going. This has to be one of the most successful trolls in the history of trolldom. If the troll was really charging for access to this bridge he would be living in a castle by now.

Correction... since trolls must live under bridges... he would be living under a huge bridge shaped like a castle. :p

Since a mans home is his castle...would said troll be living under the castle or is the bridge in fact the castle. Is a trolls home also his castle?

A bridge shaped like a castle would imply more a "gateway" . Since the Great Arch is the gateway to the west, and and trolls must live under bridges and not gateways troll must move, thus troll is from Wyoming since anyone saying they are from Wyoming is obviously trolling since Wyoming does not exist, stating otherwise would imply trolling.

Alternatively troll is a janitor and lives under the stage at castlebridge school in NY.

I truely enjoy playing SWTOR and have since launch. Yes there are issues with the graphics engine. It can't seem to handle too many moving objects and particle effects going on at the same time in OP's. Normal zones and flash points are fine and I'm running an Nvidia 470 in 3.2ghz quad core water cooled machine.

I am not happy that we haven't heard of the next planet expansion. I wouldn't mind having two planets and the level cap go to 65. Complete with dailies on both planets. I also want a lot more flash points all at once. I'm tired of running through the current flash points. The two new OP's DF and DP have got me entertained and having fun with my toons at the moment. But please Bioware give us more cool planets and a new level cap and a lot more flash points.

Since a mans home is his castle...would said troll be living under the castle or is the bridge in fact the castle. Is a trolls home also his castle?

A bridge shaped like a castle would imply more a "gateway" . Since the Great Arch is the gateway to the west, and and trolls must live under bridges and not gateways troll must move, thus troll is from Wyoming since anyone saying they are from Wyoming is obviously trolling since Wyoming does not exist, stating otherwise would imply trolling.

Alternatively troll is a janitor and lives under the stage at castlebridge school in NY.

I am of the view that modern trolls live under the golden arches at the local McD's :D .... Where the WiFi and the frys are endless. :p

Edited by Andryah

I am of the view that modern trolls live under the golden arches at the local McD's :D .... Where the WiFi and the frys are endless. :p

Modern trolls live/work in two giant white buildings in a sub district of Maryland and use pop culture icons and the "news' to report their daily trolling. Some tried to silence said trolls for a few days but the head troll demanded all agree with him or else they themselves be called bigger trolls (troll calling others trolls? hard to fathom), and then get blamed for everything that the head troll and his troll minions do.

I'm am a troll because i feel swtor has much more potential then what its current state shows?

**** you very much sirs, your blind nuthuggery of this sloppy game is appalling!

Have you even tried running this game at its system requirement or even the recommended setting?

Its basically unplayable and when you lower your gfx settings to get better FPS you just get a really ugly version of the game with no real FPS improvement.

The *********** game has been out 2 YEARS! ffs you cant be fine with this **** ! As a paying costumer you should expect better imo at least some dev feedback that they are working their asses of on this not making drag queen outfits and *********** snow spewing scooters :confused:

I'm am a troll because i feel swtor has much more potential then what its current state shows?

**** you very much sirs, your blind nuthuggery of this sloppy game is appalling!

Have you even tried running this game at its system requirement or even the recommended setting?

Its basically unplayable and when you lower your gfx settings to get better FPS you just get a really ugly version of the game with no real FPS improvement.

The *********** game has been out 2 YEARS! ffs you cant be fine with this **** ! As a paying costumer you should expect better imo at least some dev feedback that they are working their asses of on this not making drag queen outfits and *********** snow spewing scooters :confused:

I have issues with the engine and performance overall but a few things.

1) Any game cant be run on max setting if you meet the min requirements.

2) The people creating speeders and outfits arent the same people that optimize the game.

I have issues with the engine and performance overall but a few things.

1) Any game cant be run on max setting if you meet the min requirements.

2) The people creating speeders and outfits arent the same people that optimize the game.

1: I'm saying you wont be able to run the game at min setting with min requirements and have any chance of a positive game experience as the game with surly stutter you into a epileptic seizure.

2: Fair enough, but this is the type of "improvements" i have seen along with pvp/pve content. I haven't seen/felt any type of game improvements regarding the engine or anything else that would make this run better.

These are valid issues, but I am with them pulling the plug for 6 months or whatever and them getting the game done right. It is obvious this game is a failure, those who believe otherwise are completely delusional. Only thing that I see that can be done here is to reboot the whole game now before its too late.. I know it is a stretch, but if they wish to ride the Star Wars IP longer they will need to make the tough decision and call a time of death on this iteration of SWToR.

its the humane thing to do.

Hey man, I'm having fun playing the game. That's the point of a game, right? Can it be done better? I don't know.. yeah sure. I'm always in favor of improvements to the game. Although changing the game engine isn't a realistic suggestion to make.

Why don't you go contact that dude from the video, start up a company, contact Disney with a proof of concept idea about how it's so much of a better product, and make it happen? BioWare won't be doing that, so here is your chance to rake in that awesome Star Wars money. Chop Chop. You have 6 months.

You are a troll because you complain about the obvious that we all know is not going to change and the fact you insist on lost 'potential'.

Bottom line is, this game is fine as it is. I would not be here if it was not. Unfortunately the game is not good enough for you.

Edited by ELRunninW

Hilarious thread is hilarious.

Importing a scene from DF II into cry3 isn't building something better also better is a matter of opinion. I have issues with many of the decisions EA is doing with this game, but OP you're entire argument is laughable.

1: I'm saying you wont be able to run the game at min setting with min requirements and have any chance of a positive game experience as the game with surly stutter you into a epileptic seizure.

2: Fair enough, but this is the type of "improvements" i have seen along with pvp/pve content. I haven't seen/felt any type of game improvements regarding the engine or anything else that would make this run better.

I've rarely ever seen the "engine" have issues beyond loading heavly populated instances gradually rather than giving my machine the fire hose.

I'm running a med to high end rig with an i7, SSD, GTX460 graphics card. Outside of my connection and distance and The Harbingers aging hamster I really never have problems. The PC is probably 2.5 years old and probably cost me less than $1200 at the time. I can get anywhere from 30 to 100 fps depending on what is loading. Get a few lag spikes now and then but thats typically connection issues. I'm running at high to very high graphics settings and rather enjoy my game nightly.

I've NEVER ever tried to run a game meeting the "minimum" specs, thats just a recipe for this game could run fine on an Xbox, so building a machine to run it should not take any significant investment.