Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How come I don't get any perks for being famous in-game?

VaceDemon

Good morning everyone,

By now I'm sure you're all well aware that I am Sir Marty the Magnificent of Prophecy of the Five. I'm the guildmaster of the professional gamers-only guild <Gaming Legends>, and am the most famous player on my server and probably in all of The Old Republic.

What does that get me though? Absolutely nothing. It gets me nothing, so I'm coming here to ask... why is that?

You see it all the time in real life. A-list celebrities getting all the perks... you see them sitting in the front rows at major sporting events, getting a slap on the wrist for breaking the law, being able to cut lines just about anywhere, etc.

What do I get for being famous in one of the most famous MMOs? I still have to wait in queues like normal gamers. I still have to take slow taxis to where I want to go. I still have to sell on the GTN to make credits.

BioWare, when will you start rewarding your famous players? I bring more to my server than the normal gamer and I feel it's about time I start getting rewarded for it.

Sir Marty the Magnificent,

Gaming Legend

Edited by Sir-Marty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first i was like :rak_02: but then i was like :tran_eek:

I believe gaming legends should participate on interviews just like the devs, remember this guy "leeroy jenkins"? i mean what did he even do right? still he got interviews and was hired by blizzard, even skype conversations with gaming legends could be an improvement.

This game lacks the community aspect, we dont even have a place where to advertise our best screenshots or fan arts (forum threads are not the answer, we need a website dedicated section), giving interviews to our best players could help with this.

PS- not talking here about a developper blog, i mean a REAL interview.:rak_03:

Good morning everyone,

By now I'm sure you're all well aware that I am Sir Marty the Magnificent of Prophecy of the Five. I'm the guildmaster of the professional gamers-only guild <Gaming Legends>, and am the most famous player on my server and probably in all of The Old Republic.

What does that get me though? Absolutely nothing. It gets me nothing, so I'm coming here to ask... why is that?

You see it all the time in real life. A-list celebrities getting all the perks... you see them sitting in the front rows at major sporting events, getting a slap on the wrist for breaking the law, being able to cut lines just about anywhere, etc.

What do I get for being famous in one of the most famous MMOs? I still have to wait in queues like normal gamers. I still have to take slow taxis to where I want to go. I still have to sell on the GTN to make credits.

BioWare, when will you start rewarding your famous players? I bring more to my server than the normal gamer and I feel it's about time I start getting rewarded for it.

Gaming Legend

That is how to recognise someone with delusions of grandeur, if you would really be that great you wouldn't have to ask for perks. Simple as that.

the moment I saw the title I just knew it was you posting. Anyway while I hate the so called "reward" for purchasing the rothc preorder ( its just a title and that's it, a dumb one at that, while guys who purchased rothc in the last month before it became free get more than a 1000 cartel coins, not fair) still if its like that everyone who thinks they are famous ( don't dare take that as an insult you know some idiots out there actually think they are good just because in pvp they abandon the turrets that need to be defended just to attack the other turret, lose the one we got, and ruin our advantage, then blames the guy who yells at him for doing such a stupid thing and ruining the match) will demand rewards, and also its very hard to determine who is famous, I mean what universal standard can it be determined by? Lastly, you just know the f2p guys and the subs will yell if "famous people" get more rewards than we, especially the subscribers, get.

Good morning everyone,

Gaming Legend

Firstly, since I've never played on that server, I have no reason to have heard of you.

Secondly, professional gamers only guild??? professional gamers play for money, why would they play this game, unless there is some competition in America I've never heard of.

Thirdly, it's Sir Marty the Timetraveller, please get your title right.

Edited by AlexDougherty

Even though it's blatantly obvious, some people still fall for it.

I don't know if that's down to the OP being clever in his choice of wording or some of the general forum public having an IQ on par with a lettuce.

Edited by Gomla

Even though it's blatantly obvious, some people still fall for it.

I don't know if that's down to the OP being clever in his choice of wording or some of the general forum public having an IQ on par with a lettuce.

There are 2 types of people replying to this thread:

A) people who know the OP is joking, and react accordingly

B) people who think the OP is serious, and react accordingly

The latter group is actually funnier than the joke the OP is making :p

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

The latter group is actually funnier than the joke the OP is playing :p

I do agree but it still baffles me.

Short of screaming "I AM NOT BEING SERIOUS" at the end of the post it is so obvious Stevie Wonder can see it coming.

It boggles the mind how easily some people are reeled in.

The truly funny part is, people will still be falling for it after this conversation.

I do agree but it still baffles me.

Short of screaming "I AM NOT BEING SERIOUS" at the end of the post it is so obvious Stevie Wonder can see it coming.

It boggles the mind how easily some people are reeled in.

The truly funny part is, people will still be falling for it after this conversation.

Part of me agrees with you, but the other part understands that there are actually a lot of morons out there that think they should get special treatment because they are legends in their own mind. And because of that, its not that much of a stretch for someone to just think the OP is another one of them, rather than seeing his sarcasm. So I get his joke, but I also get why some people dont.

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

Good morning everyone,

Gaming Legend

dear kind sir you must have a tin foil hat in order to be flagged for all said benefits. if you have not received yours then did you fill out the application for one? if not then do so quickly as the waiting period for receiving such is getting longer. also beware of counterfeits of said hats.

Good morning everyone,

By now I'm sure you're all well aware that I am Sir Marty the Magnificent of Prophecy of the Five. I'm the guildmaster of the professional gamers-only guild <Gaming Legends>, and am the most famous player on my server and probably in all of The Old Republic......

Yo Sir Marty the Magnificent I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Jonnymaddog is the most famous SWTOR player EVER.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.