I wish I hadn't subscribed -_-

Chiltonium

Is it because the game sucks? No.

It's dead and there are no people? No.

BIOWARE WANTS MY MONEY?! WHAA? No.

Lack of Content? No.

Its the fact Im having XP shoved down my throat at a ridiculous rate. The xp rate shot up exponentially when I subbed, and even being in a guild shoved further xp into my face. Theres no way I can do all the missions on a planet without vastly outleveling the next. And if I want to pvp even once, forget about it.

Is there seriously no option to turn my xp back down to f2p xp? Because this is insane. I can just do class / main story mission on a planet, toss in 5 or 6 warzones, and I am the proper level for the next planet. Never a side mission done.

I understand there are people who like that, but I'm playing my first republic toon and I'd like to do the side missions without outleveling everything -_-

Edited by Chiltonium

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope you only subbed for a month, but yeah the rate of exp is pretty quick. I'm happy with it tho seeing as I'm working on a reroll, but on the same note I tested the F2P exp on a fresh account it's possible to still out level planets if you happen to not skip anything, and do all the heroic quests bonus missions and Flash points once you get to the levels needed for them. Not including exploration datacrons etc...

While a turning off xp boosts feature would be nice for certain people, I think it's not too hard to get around.

First, don't join a guild yet. Second, don't log off in rest zones, and hopefully you didn't buy and xp boosts in the legacy perks. You can skip side quests that are out of the way/boring.

It's ok if you overlevel stuff a bit.

It seems odd that you're having that much of an issue, I'm leveling a marauder right now, with full xp boosts, consumable xp boosts, guild xp, legacy xp, rested xp, and I'm not finding myself hitting grey quests.

Edited by chuixupu

Lack of Content? No.

Its the fact Im having XP shoved down my throat at a ridiculous rate. The xp rate shot up exponentially when I subbed, and even being in a guild shoved further xp into my face. Theres no way I can do all the missions on a planet without vastly outleveling the next. And if I want to pvp even once, forget about it.

Is there seriously no option to turn my xp back down to f2p xp? Because this is insane. I can just do class / main story mission on a planet, toss in 5 or 6 warzones, and I am the proper level for the next planet. Never a side mission done.

I understand there are people who like that, but I'm playing my first republic toon and I'd like to do the side missions without outleveling everything -_-

This post is proof that people will gripe about ANYTHING!

Your level has nothing to do with your abilities. Your equipment 100% determines your strength in combat. You can be level 55 on Tatooine, but if your gear is Tatooine level gear, you'll be evenly matched with the content.

The solution isn't to throttle down XP, but to control the equipment you have on, going into a new area.

Just a note that XP is not boosted for subs, rather it is nerfed for f2p. What the OP is experiencing is normal XP (with a small boost for guild).

You do know that you can still do missions that you have outleveled, right? If you're not done with a planet and the missions are grey, you won't be getting much XP anyway, so it shouldn't ruin your experience for the next planet.

Log out in the wild to eliminate rested XP. Wear lower level gear than you are. You can still make things challenging.

I'd like to have a "minus XP" buff thing in the Cartel Market.

There is already a system in the game that exists to solve the problem.

Your quest level turns grey and offers little xp for a reward. How much slower do you want the exp to be?

I felt like as free2play, the exp was the same as it was at launch. I liked the sped-up rate because I was already familiar with the content and wanted to skip most of the side missions(except the few that I knew were fast or had a key reward I wanted to stay geared.) Everyone's mileage may vary.

Lack of Content? No.

Your overall strength is based in gear, not level. Keep weak gear on and generally speaking its about the same.

First world problems, indeed.

The XP gain rate is decreased for F2P people...for subs, it's the same as it always was. Even before they had guild XP bonuses and XP boosts, way back at the launch of the game, you could not do all content without over-leveling everything. In the end, it works well for alts so you can pick and choose from side quests, bonus quests, etc. when leveling alts and don't have to run the exact same quests.

My latest toon I run with just the guild xp boost. No other boosts at all. Another I have made a point of keeping out of a guild, and use no boosts. I have 12 various xp boosters unused.

And then we get some that are pleading for "double xp weekend", and can't understand why some people don't want it.:rolleyes:

I love the XP rate. I used to just play one character, but then I decided to try making another.

I did that and having done the side quests before, I wasn't very interested in them. I was however familiar with FPs so I kind of swapped the two and leveling was fine.

I made another character. All I cared about at that point was the Character storyline. I was able to do just that, maybe a herioc 2 or 4, FP daily and weekly missions and some pvp missions.

The XP always kept up with me, which was great not having to just grind. It slows down once you hit 40 which is a good spot. At that point you know the character very well and can decide to keep on leveling or try something new.

Well it's a complaint I see often enough to say it's valid, but I don't understand it personally. If all you want to see is the story so what if you don't get unnecessary experience from it?

that's just about what I forgot to add. Just because you think your level is too high doesnt mean you have to move on. It makes everything much easier and you ability to help others increases as well.

Lack of Content? No.

Avoid the Heroics and Flashpoints and it's not too bad, you get to the next planet about the level you should be leaving, but it stays like that constantly, meaning your level is at the same offset to the mission levels, and you finish Corellia about level 50-51. You can then go back and do the Heroics if you want.

Or you could just skip most of the planetary quests, since once you've done them with one character you've essentially done it with all of them, they are the Same for all the characters of the same faction.

After a while, I get tired of doing all the side quests and actually enjoy being able to stop doing them and just finish up the class quest line before moving on to the next planet.

Keep track of the minimum level requirement for your next planet. When you are one level away, stop doing the planetary and side quests on your current planet and finish out your class quest and move on to the next planet.

Rinse and repeat until you hit Corellia. I've also found it beneficial to be level 51 or close to it before starting the Makeb quest line.