Why I quit this game... dissapointed...

AntraStar

Decided to leave this comment as I feel an unsatisfied feeling about all this. I played quite a while and build fully geared top level character mostly showing more then average results in wz. i was mostly dedicated to pvp. PvP aspect of the game feels to me most disappointing, not to mention low frames in wz even on a decent pc. Illogical balance of power between classes. For instance a sage that can take damage more then a tank and then heal himself in seconds or sniper that practically impossible to kill even in melee combat. Sentinels that dies as if they where naked and in general do damage less then a healer. This can be continued on and on..

I started playing this game because had a strong sympathy for Star Wars thing. But unfortunately this game in my opinion is not worth it's name...

showing more then average results in wz

a sage that can take damage more then a tank and then heal himself in seconds

Sentinels that dies as if they where naked and in general do damage less then a healer

Does not compute.

Edited by hadoken

Does not compute.

Actually, it does.

What happened to the OP is:

1. he hasn't yet learned to play his class properly - but would rather quit than actually learn.

2. he ran into some good players in wzs or at least people who had much better gear than he did

3. he chose his class because "OMG TWO LIGHTSABERS!111!!!!one"

and (most likely)

3. he ran into premades where sages are guarded, snipers are healed and people don't just run around aimlessly tabbing to the next target.

Edited by TheNahash

Actually, it does.

1. he hasn't yet learned to play his class properly - but would rather quit than actually learn.

2. he ran into some good players in wzs or at least people who had much better gear than he did

and (most likely)

3. he ran into premades where sages are guarded, snipers are healed and people don't just run around aimlessly tabbing to the next target.

This is it no doubt.

I would be angry aswell if i were him. I quite PvP on SWTOR because of the rampant pre-mades beeing pitched against random groups. Its just not fun to play an uneven match. I can see where his skewed view shows up when he isnt familiar with the teamplay and class abilities.

Actually, it does.

and (most likely)

You think above average players do the above?

You think above average players do the above?

with the exception of the...second third one (because apparently I don't know how to count lol) which is not something we have control over, no.

But then again most of the self-proclaimed above average players are not really above average.

Actually, it does.

and (most likely)

Pretty much this.

A self-proclaimed "above average player" who thinks that Sorcs can face-tank and easily Heal to Full and that Marauders are a squishy AC....:rak_02:

Yeah, someone does not know that he had Defensive CDs or what an interrupt is.

Guess that is one less free kill in WZs.

Decided to leave this comment as I feel an unsatisfied feeling about all this. I played quite a while and build fully geared top level character mostly showing more then average results in wz. i was mostly dedicated to pvp. PvP aspect of the game feels to me most disappointing, not to mention low frames in wz even on a decent pc. Illogical balance of power between classes. For instance a sage that can take damage more then a tank and then heal himself in seconds or sniper that practically impossible to kill even in melee combat. Sentinels that dies as if they where naked and in general do damage less then a healer. This can be continued on and on..

I started playing this game because had a strong sympathy for Star Wars thing. But unfortunately this game in my opinion is not worth it's name...

Can I haz your stuff?!?

A self-proclaimed "above average player" who thinks that Sorcs can face-tank and easily Heal to Full and that Marauders are a squishy AC....:rak_02:

Yeah, someone does not know that he had Defensive CDs or what an interrupt is.

Guess that is one less free kill in WZs.

Exactly. I never like to see people go, but these complaints don't jive with what actually occurs. Sent bring squishy is great no wonder there's all the nerf Sents/Mara threads do to their DCDs that are best in game on a DPS class and will be the predominate choice for DPS in arena.

Wait...there's a better way to do this?! All I know is I avoid targets other players mark, to me, that means "he's mine" so I never target them like the good sport I am. Mano y Mano is how I roll.

Wait...there's a better way to do this?! All I know is I avoid targets other players mark, to me, that means "he's mine" so I never target them like the good sport I am. Mano y Mano is how I roll.

That's because you understand the game better than he does. Guys, you have to attack each target equally to pressure the enemy healer into having to heal everyone, even guarded targets. Healers think they can get off easy and not have to heal guarded targets, prove them wrong, and kill them when they're weak!! You know what else bothers me? When my teammates use stealth to guard nodes. I always tell them not to use stealth because if their opponents see the nodes are guarded they won't come. People need to L2P.

Edited by Covaltage

So basically... you redux the concept of focus fire to it's lowest common denominator.. self. :)

What about when a premade decides to give you a gank spank? :p

This is pretty simple really.. like all MMO PvP.. there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. If you are not prepared and skilled at making the most of your class... best not to show up...particularly as a melee dps class. Teamwork is also powerful.... which is why premades excel in MMO PvP. And if you think any class is going to play under it's capabilities just because you are.... note the egregious mistake on your part and learn from it IMO.

Edited by Andryah