Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Best PvP class to Main.

Hexedpk

hey new to swtor and looking for some advice on a main char to roll with i dont think i would ever make 2 chars on this game with the amount of free time so with all that said im looking for a ranged dps class with 2 different playstyles such as dps range/melee or ranged/healer or melee/healer ect.

in short if you could have just 1 class only ever what would it be also pros/cons please.

Operative/Scoundrel - healer/melee dps

Pros:

Heals currently excellent in PvP

Stealth melee dps if that's your thing

Best AoE in game (I think) with orbital strike

Cons:

DPS is not the best - nor should it be as a dual role class - slinger/sniper is better pure dps

Squishy when caught without guard or stealth

Hate and tears on these forums

Meh so we disagree. Playing strict dps 24/7 is boring as hell. Those folks should be rewarded.

That's why the straight dps classes are the only classes with healing debuffs, and a multitude of raid utility such as transcendence, inspiration, scrambling field, not to mention the best DcD's of any dps specs. That is their compensation, not total dps output

Did anyone (who isn't meming-is that correct spelling?) actually read what he is looking for before offering him ops healer/marauders? He is looking for a RANGED DPS. With that said, snipers would be a great choice for your first character. The learning curve is a bit high in the beginning but they are easy to master once you get over learning curve of this class.

At least 2 of their skill trees are playable in PvP, imperial agents have the best story in the game (since this is your first character take some time to enjoy the story-you will never have another first time lol), and they are very fun to play.

Edited by sithBracer

Sniper is the best ranged class. As mentioned above, it will take a couple of days to get used to the cover mechanic and using it efficiently but after that it's a pretty simple and straightforward class to play. Compared to the merc and sorc, who have to learn to be excellent at kiting and off healing, a sniper is very much easier to play and master.

Although, in a game where people don't know what they're doing and you have no heals on your team, it can get a little frustrating not being able to h2f. ;)

Every class played well is viable.

Notes on the hybrid classes:

- Scouperatives make better healers than dps

- comm/mercs make better dps than heals

- sorcs/sages are great for healing, and when dps they can heal to full (*sigh*)

-PT/vans are great tanks, but their dps blows

-jugg/guard is great all around ezmode

- sin/shadow is great all around too.

The pure dps classes are great as long as you play them well. The simplicity of smash mara/sent attracts many... both good and bad players.

Ultimately all classes played by a good player are better than bad players playing the FOTM win build.

If you are looking for ranged DPS with a secondary, I'd recommend Sorc. It's very strong on DPS and Very Strong for healing. (Ignore all the QQ on forums)

If you're looking for mainly DPS then go commando/merc, they are a bit stronger on the dps, but painful on the healing.

If you're looking for Melee DPS, I would recommend a Jug, they are strong dps and probably the best tank.

Or Operative which is the best healer (IMO) and has Marauder level melee DPS (just a bit more squishy when dpsing).

My personal favorite characters are Operative for heals and Sorc for ranged dps, I enjoy swapping both of them around though as needed.

hey new to swtor and looking for some advice on a main char to roll with i dont think i would ever make 2 chars on this game with the amount of free time so with all that said im looking for a ranged dps class with 2 different playstyles such as dps range/melee or ranged/healer or melee/healer ect.

in short if you could have just 1 class only ever what would it be also pros/cons please.

There are 3 classes that can heal and dps. Merc has best dps and worst healer. Ops has the best healer by a margin but weaker dps (at leats PvP wise), but has stealth and melee atks. Sorc is a reasonable dps and a healer.

If you are willing to forgo the healing part, sniper is the best ranged dps.

Favour of the month classes are always subject to change (even though smasher are no around for quite some time in SWTOR). My suggestion would be: play what you like, because even if that is not the fotm class, you might end up still be better then less dedicated players.

Sure, there are currently many smashers around, and plenty of them do a poor job, only playing that because everybody telling them how great smashers are.

Favour of the month classes are always subject to change (even though smasher are no around for quite some time in SWTOR). My suggestion would be: play what you like, because even if that is not the fotm class, you might end up still be better then less dedicated players.

Sure, there are currently many smashers around, and plenty of them do a poor job, only playing that because everybody telling them how great smashers are.

Favor of the Month [FotM] class are sins and sorcs, not smashers.

http://s019.radikal.ru/i608/1308/bf/06ca3919cc13.jpg - 8 sorcs

http://s019.radikal.ru/i601/1308/3e/6be0b6d162d9.jpg - 7 sorcs, 1 sin

http://s019.radikal.ru/i609/1308/b6/af734a273379.jpg - 7 sorcs, 1 sin

http://s018.radikal.ru/i512/1308/00/35a221d60421.jpg - 9 sorcs, 3 sins

http://s018.radikal.ru/i507/1308/04/4dd881b72c7c.jpg - 6 sorcs

http://s018.radikal.ru/i517/1308/70/18c2ab289300.jpg - 5 sorcs, 1 sin

etc etc etc :o

I'm sure it's been said before, but play what you enjoy.

I understand that - numerically speaking - there are classes that DEFINITELY outperform others. But we're not all wired the same neurologically.

For example, the prevailing wisdom is that Combat Sentinels/Carnage Marauders are some of the best heal-killers in the game because of their extreme single-target burst and their ability to keep targets rooted/snared. However, I never could make my Combat Sentinel perform well. I can stay on target, but just can't seem to line up the burst correctly. However, I can DESTROY healers on my Vigilance Guardian, even thought the consensus seems to be that it shouldn't be possible.

The point is this: classes in this game are like clothes. WEAR WHAT FLATTERS YOU. Maybe everyone else is wearing board shorts to the beach. But every now and then someone puts on a Speedo and gives everyone around a pleasant surprise - themselves included.

:cool:

I would say you can't go wrong with jugg/guard because they will always be the most versatile tank (push + leap + intercede + free/spam slow + heavy armor +multiple dcds).

they're also a very good dps option atm. however, rage/focus could/should be nerfed any patch now. I wouldn't count on that one spec remaining dominant forever.

if you only want to dps, then sniper/gs for ranged and mara/sent for dps. there will always be at least one viable spec tree for each.

Edited by foxmob

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.