Petition: We Want MORE INDIVIDUAL CLASS STORIES AND COMPANION STORIES,

Lunafox

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't afford to pay the voice actors. Sorry isn't going to happen. Expect cartel pack stuff, then game shutdown when 2-3 next generation MMO's come out.

I'd be happy if they just brought back the main class voice artists, and the companion voice artists, and the main roles in the class stories, people like Keeper, Darth Marr, those sorts. I have a need for plot. I know many people are not optimistic, I'm not either, but I at least feel the need to try.

Kinda puts me in a hard spot too. I'd happily keep dishing out the cash, if I thought I was going to get individual class and companion stories, but tbh, when they say they're not going to do it anymore, no matter how gently, it really makes me want to zip up my pocket book and go free to play...which of course doesn't help their funding situation, and makes it even less likely. I just wish they'd reconsider and make the continuation of the individual class stories a priority.

Edited by Lunafox

Sorry.. but I agree with CelCawdro.

Recheck your thread title. Note your use of the word "we". People who use "we" while alleging they are not speaking on anyone's behalf.. are playing some sort of gambit IMO.

Or were you speaking in the imperials sense? If so.. you need to be more clear about your imperial context. :) Even then.. royalty speaking in "I" by using "WE" went out of fashion when democracy replaced imperial totalitarian rule in nations.

I don't have to recheck a thing, because the title just refers to myself and anyone else who chooses to post in agreement with what was said, meaning there would (hopefully) be more than just me that feel this way, which constitutes a plural, 'we', and of course, inviting people to say their 2 cents worth implies that people are free to speak their minds, which of course they've done. Including you.

I didn't realize I was fraternizing with contract lawyers that require every single word to be placed under scrutiny lol. It's quite simple really, if you want the individual class stories say you would and why...I don't really think there is a need to split hairs. If you're that bothered by the fact, that I used the word 'we' once, well feel free to place me on ignore, the world for you might be a nicer place then. I know it will be for me. GL to you.

Edited by Lunafox

They can't afford to pay the voice actors. Sorry isn't going to happen. Expect cartel pack stuff, then game shutdown when 2-3 next generation MMO's come out.

They don't have to. They have a contract with the voice actors, lol.

Edited by DarkDisturbed

Guys I hate to burst ur bubble, but bioware confirmed a few days ago class story is over FOR GOOD.... :( its not coming back, ever, in any way for at least the next year +.....but even then probably never according to Bioware...

Please at least read the thread before commenting, as comment like this just make you appear stupid.

As has been said many time the voice over stuff is done for class stories and the stories. At launch they were 2-3 years ahead in both departments. Also as someone else put the voice over actors are in contract and have been since before launch along with Bioware saying that the voice actind isnt that expensive. They should know how expensive it will be considering all their games are heavily vo.

Guys I hate to burst ur bubble, but bioware confirmed a few days ago class story is over FOR GOOD.... :( its not coming back, ever, in any way for at least the next year +.....but even then probably never according to Bioware...

Well then by the looks of things so is the game as many people arent happy about it their profits of the game are going up around 50% each quarter yet no new devs have been hired. This is looking more like a milk it while you can situation for them now.

Yeah, I'm gonna sign this too.

The individual character stories are the main reason why I started this game and continue to play it. I liked Makeb (at least Imperial Makeb) but Bioware could be still doing so much more with each class. And I don't just want to see a continuation of the current class stories, I would love to see some new class stories too (which I think the odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field are much better than the odds of us ever getting entirely new class stories). The bottom line, I feel that there is alot more untapped potential to the PCs and that they could definitely be continued.

So yeah, I support this %100, even if petitions are against the rules.

Adding my signature too, however pointless. I love the stories, it really sets the game apart, and I'm happily replaying them - male/female, light/dark/neutral, both ACs, there's plenty of different combinations :) But I would still like to know what happens next.

Has anyone else noticed, though, that the screen when you log each finished character in is headed "Interlude"?

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

1. an intervening period of time; an interval:

enjoying a lunchtime interlude

- a pause between the acts of a play.

2. A thing occurring or done during an interval.

- something performed during a theatre interval:

an orchestral interlude

- a piece of music played between other pieces or between the verses of a hymn:

short instrumental interludes between songs

- a temporary amusement or diversion that contrasts with what goes before or after:

the romantic interlude palled rapidly once he was back in town

That's always implied to me that there had to be a Chapter 4 at least.

Every game I have ever played in the last decade has examples of this. Most, if not all, of them eventually implemented the stuff that the players wanted. Didn't happen over night, but it did happen.

I, too, would like to see the continuation of the class stories. Like many others, it was what drew me to the game, and has been one of the things that has compelled me to keep playing and love this game.

Flashpoints are fun; Operations are fun; PvP is fun, but all are just casual interests to me and something to do in between leveling alts and such. The meat of the game for me are the stories. That was the main selling feature of the game. To loose that (permanently) in favor of the standard MMORPG tropes would be a mistake.

Yeah, it'll probably cost plenty of money to hire more voice actors and record new dialogue for the current class and companion VAs, not to mention hire more writers if that's necessary, but as others have said, those personal storylines and companion storylines were intended to be at the core of the game from the beginning. If they fail to deliver on that, then they fail to stay true to the very nature of the game as it was introduced from the beginning.

What they should do is just add a new planet with each expansion (with the exception of the space combat update, assuming they use an expansion for that) and use that to extend those storylines in MEANINGFUL ways (not to mention add more class-exclusive companions that tie into your storyline). All the other kinds of content should exist to offer interesting stuff to do in-between these, not to replace them.

Given the choice between having eight new class stories or eight new digital expansions to play through on my main, I'll take the expansions.

Even in Makeb, there was more than enough flavor dialogue for the classes to perpetuate my RP. I'm happy with the approach BW has taken, and would rather have them focused on story arcs that affect all of our characters, not just individual classes.

This is an MMO after all. We need content to bring people together, not segregate them based on class.

Given the choice between having eight new class stories or eight new digital expansions to play through on my main, I'll take the expansions.

Even in Makeb, there was more than enough flavor dialogue for the classes to perpetuate my RP. I'm happy with the approach BW has taken, and would rather have them focused on story arcs that affect all of our characters, not just individual classes.

This is an MMO after all. We need content to bring people together, not segregate them based on class.

But everyone having the same story. Why on earth would a smuggler even bother with Makeb unless they could make some good profit. It doesn't fit. The stories are all the same except a tiny itty bitty difference of replies to NPCs. So no, I want my smuggler out there doing something for personal or my trooper. My trooper and a smuggler do Makeb together, it's the same exact story. Why?

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

But everyone having the same story. Why on earth would a smuggler even bother with Makeb unless they could make some good profit. It doesn't fit. The stories are all the same except a tiny itty bitty difference of replies to NPCs. So no, I want my smuggler out there doing something for personal or my trooper. My trooper and a smuggler do Makeb together, it's the same exact story. Why?

The problem is they don't make sense. The only way they make sense is if you entirely discard the 1-50 story for each class, wipe the slate clean, so each class is essentially just another WoW-type fighter drone, all doing identical collective missions. This is completely in opposition to the promises made in the 1-50 story, where your choices were meant to matter later on. Which is a problem, because the story is what set this MMO apart.

The other problem is that some of the stories, even after the last Act III mission, have questions that were meant to be answered in the Act IV that will never come. That's the real kick in the teeth. Never mind the promises made about alignment and companion relationships. I wouldn't be surprised if Dark Side/Light Side choices are entirely removed soon, as they now have no impact whatsoever on the game. Oh well. It was a great run while it lasted.

I think I'd prefer having eight new class stories. Expansions will likely depend on one another so I will have to play them through on each of my 10 characters to keep each of them going and that repetition turns into tedious grind pretty quickly. Makeb was a planet story much like all the other planet stories. But on the other planets we also had a class story to keep it spiced up and interesting. Makeb was not planet story *instead* of class story. It was planet story *without* class story. If not full-fledged class story continuation, at least some class specific quests and story twists would have been nice.

Edited by KyaniteD