Tendering My Resignation

Kitru

To the Shadow community, I've cancelled my subscription and, as such, will be quitting the game. I actually found another that interests me as much as TOR *used* to, which I didn't really expect. I realize that I was elected class rep and came back for that, but the fact that we're having to wait another month to get any kind of answers means that I just don't care any more.

The devs had a chance to do something to keep me around, and I gave them that chance. Of course, they completely and totally screwed it up, which doesn't really surprise me any more.

This isn't a cry for attention so much as an announcement that I'm leaving the game, since, if I just left, people would likely start to wonder. I don't plan on hitting up the forums any more, and, as such, another Shadow rep is going to be needed. My personal recommendation is KBN, mainly because he would provide a PvE/tanking perspective that syncs up with Xinika's PvP/DPS perspective. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me any more though. Nothing that happens in this game does. The devs screwed up too much too many times and if they ever *do* do anything about it, it'll be too little too late.

I'm sending something similar to Musco to let him know that a new Shadow Class Rep is needed, though, honestly, the questions for Shadows are relatively apparent now.

If anyone wants to see me, I'll continue going by Kitru wherever I crop up on the interwebs. Hopefully, I'll continue to see some of you guys wherever I find myself.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kitru, this saddens me to see this happening right now. You've been a strong voice not just in the Shadow community but I think all across the boards of SWTOR itself. The pushes you've made for this class cannot be denied, even though that may have seemingly been ignored. I personally enjoyed working with you although I wish it was longer but if this is your choice then I have to respect that. I hope whatever medium you gravitate to will be not just rewarding but fun.

That being said... damn. This is a major blow for the Shadow community.:(

I wish you well. You really did try to provide good information to other players and had a strong passion for this class and game. I think everyone understands your frustration to some degree. In 5 months after 2.0s launch nothing has been done to address or even acknowledge our issues and that is unacceptable.

The reason I post with such venom for the devs is that I've watched this happen so many times over the past several months, players leaving the class or the game in general over lack of any progress on class balance. It seems pretty obvious that balance can never be truly achieved in an asymmetrical game, but perpetually striving for it should be the goal. How can we excuse taking zero steps towards the goal for so long?

Eventually players who value their time don't, they leave and find something less frustrating to do with their free time. Good players, guildmates, community members, assets to the game - gone due to inaction. You will be missed. I only hope that your resignation along with that of the Vanguard rep and one of the Top PT parsers, all in this week, will serve to demonstrate to the devs that ignoring your player base, and trying to blindly balance classes without actually playing them, is Bad.

Thanks for trying Kitru.

Edited by IronmanSS

It's very unfortunate that you have decided to resign, but it is fully understandable why you would do so. Even before the time of class representatives, there have been obvious issues with the class that have remained as they are for quite a long time... resilience being broken is one of those things... for example. They've known it has been broken, yet have done nothing to fix it. They either don't care, or don't know how to fix it, since they screwed up phase walk when they tried to fix it on PTS, my guess would be the latter. As is currently on the PTS, out 51 ability puts us in an invisible box where /stuck is the only way out.

This coupled with numerous suggestions, effort, and hard work from people such as yourself, Xinika, KBN, and others all being pretty much ignored by the devs...frustrates me a great deal. I wonder if anything we do will be enough for BW to finally realize they need to change shadows in some way. The Shadow community mourns the loss of one of its greatest advocates on this day.

To the Shadow community, I've cancelled my subscription and, as such, will be quitting the game. I actually found another that interests me as much as TOR *used* to, which I didn't really expect. I realize that I was elected class rep and came back for that, but the fact that we're having to wait another month to get any kind of answers means that I just don't care any more.

The devs had a chance to do something to keep me around, and I gave them that chance. Of course, they completely and totally screwed it up, which doesn't really surprise me any more.

This isn't a cry for attention so much as an announcement that I'm leaving the game, since, if I just left, people would likely start to wonder. I don't plan on hitting up the forums any more, and, as such, another Shadow rep is going to be needed. My personal recommendation is KBN, mainly because he would provide a PvE/tanking perspective that syncs up with Xinika's PvP/DPS perspective. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me any more though. Nothing that happens in this game does. The devs screwed up too much too many times and if they ever *do* do anything about it, it'll be too little too late.

I'm sending something similar to Musco to let him know that a new Shadow Class Rep is needed, though, honestly, the questions for Shadows are relatively apparent now.

If anyone wants to see me, I'll continue going by Kitru wherever I crop up on the interwebs. Hopefully, I'll continue to see some of you guys wherever I find myself.

Mind if I ask which game? I personally am subbed to Eve now, and am working on getting my first toon viable for something.... I also will be un-subbing if the DPS and tank issues are not addressed next patch. I encourage anyone with any self respect to do the same, as it is obvious that this game is nothing more than a cash grab. I've received better customer service from my cable provider.....

I have to say, good timing Kitru, because I just read the Sorc and PT responses and all I can say is "ouch". They didn't even bother to address most of the question and instead opted for "L2P, working as intended". Most of them were non-answers, and the rest were answers that weren't anywhere near as detailed as the questions to which they're responding.

I don't even have a Sorc or PT that I play to any level that I would care about their responses, but even so I just have to feel bad. I can only expect the same level of arrogance and dismissal will be displayed in their responses to us.

It really is a shame to see you go. I just wanna thank you again for all your advice although i dont post a lot i do check the forums on a daily basis and i've always found your tips very helpfull. Have a great time wherever you go.

Im pretty sure that whoever fills your class rep role will do a great job (KBN or Xinita) since both of them know our class inside out, so i have no worries on that matter

To the developers of this game i really hope you understand how serious this is, when you loose a voted member, who actually won by a huge margin, due to your inhability to answer your own costumers concerns there's something very wrong with the way you are handling your public relations. You are not losing a costumer, you are losing the best kind of client a company has, the kind of client that loves your product so much that suggests you how to improve it. But i guess everything is ok, we can ride Varactyl's now

Bye. You've seemed to actually be a positive presence on the forums so I will not straight out flame you for creating yet another painful "unsubbing QQ" thread. As you are, or I guess were, the shadow class rep I suppose you have more of an excuse than most.

The devs screwed up too much too many times and if they ever *do* do anything about it, it'll be too little too late.

Wow, an MMO player who's upset that the game developers didn't perfectly deliver their specific desired reality. Clearly they screwed up by not meeting all of your expectations. So unique, I don't think I've ever seen something like this in all the MMO's I've ever played. /sarcasm

It's your choice to quit, but accusing the developers of "screwing up" because they didn't conform to your single viewpoint is a massive failure in objectivity.

I have to say, good timing Kitru, because I just read the Sorc and PT responses and all I can say is "ouch". They didn't even bother to address most of the question and instead opted for "L2P, working as intended". Most of them were non-answers, and the rest were answers that weren't anywhere near as detailed as the questions to which they're responding.

I don't even have a Sorc or PT that I play to any level that I would care about their responses, but even so I just have to feel bad. I can only expect the same level of arrogance and dismissal will be displayed in their responses to us.

Let's look at Bioware's promise regarding the Class Representatives:

"Up until the scheduled date, the rep’s job is to work to figure out what the top 3 issues or questions are for their Class. Once posted, we will begin working with the Combat Team to get an answer or comment to all 3 of those issues, regardless of what they are!"

Did they say they would be the answers you wanted? No. Did they say they would give back an entire essay for each reponse? No. Did they say they would agree with the questions in regards to game balance? No. In fact they set up a series of expectation guidelines that they might and probably would do quite the opposite. This isn't to make you happy, it's to get some rationale behind the balance decisions they've made even if you disagree with the rationale. If the scoundrel rep asks "Why are scoundrels so bad at healing and why does scamper not go twenty meters instead?" would you expect the answer to be "Good point, we'll go throw those changes into a hotfix right away!"?

They said that they would answer three questions regarding each AC, and they've been delivering. The entitlement oozing out of this and the answers threads is making me gag.

Bye. You've seemed to actually be a positive presence on the forums so I will not straight out flame you for creating yet another painful "unsubbing QQ" thread. As you are, or I guess were, the shadow class rep I suppose you have more of an excuse than most.

Wow, an MMO player who's upset that the game developers didn't perfectly deliver their specific desired reality. Clearly they screwed up by not meeting all of your expectations. So unique, I don't think I've ever seen something like this in all the MMO's I've ever played. /sarcasm

It's your choice to quit, but accusing the developers of "screwing up" because they didn't conform to your single viewpoint is a massive failure in objectivity.

"Up until the scheduled date, the rep’s job is to work to figure out what the top 3 issues or questions are for their Class. Once posted, we will begin working with the Combat Team to get an answer or comment to all 3 of those issues, regardless of what they are!"

Did they say they would be the answers you wanted? No. Did they say they would give back an entire essay for each reponse? No. Did they say they would agree with the questions in regards to game balance? No. In fact they set up a series of expectation guidelines that they might and probably would do quite the opposite. This isn't to make you happy, it's to get some rationale behind the balance decisions they've made even if you disagree with the rationale. If the scoundrel rep asks "Why are scoundrels so bad at healing and why does scamper not go twenty meters instead?" would you expect the answer to be "Good point, we'll go throw those changes into a hotfix right away!"?

They said that they would answer three questions regarding each AC, and they've been delivering. The entitlement oozing out of this and the answers threads is making me gag.

Wow.... just

Wow....

You.... you seriously don't know how much time she's put into trying to fix the Shadow/Assassin, do you?

Hell, I don't even HAVE a Shadow, and I think it sucks that she's going.

Fixing is an understatement. Breaking shadows and then turning our class community into a bunch of whiners is more like it.

What game did you switch to? Been looking for a new MMO.

Learn to read.

Kitru's stated reason for leaving was primarily due to finding something else enjoyable to do.

On the other issue of class rep Q&A answers from Bioware -

While it is certainly true that no promise was made as to the quality of the responses, as a self-respecting person, I have a huge problem with the condescending tone of the answers this week for the PT/VG and Sorc/Sage threads. Only the most fervently literal reading of the latest responses could not be construed as insulting to wide swaths of hard working players. They need a better reviewer of released statements on their team (if they are using one at all). I would have an issue with the tone of the responses just on the basis of respecting people, but this? This is about respecting their customers, and to even flirt with going over that line is folly. Maybe it wins big points with a small segment of the gamer consumer base that values shock marketing tactics and disrespect, but hey, most people don't think that's cool.

I'm sure the players of the classes today are not thrilled with the responses, but I'd hazard a guess they'd be far less upset about it had they gotten a respectful response with any supporting body whatsoever. Even a polite and respectful dodge would have been better than what they got today. Defend the makers of the game all you want, but they really need to do some self examination as a business if they want to build real community and be successful, long term. Call me over-sensitive if you want, but alienating customers has this strange history of coming back to bite companies in the behind.

Edited by Aieranda

Farewell Kitru. TOR just lost a BIG part of what makes it great; community.

Devs: Even the most committed players are bailing on you. Kitru has designed an entire expansion class in his spare time! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615394

The Story Of BW (If it were a university):

Expanding school is trying to become a world renown institution. They have some of the brightest people in the world studying there, bringing ample creativity and initiative to the campus. Over time the institution neglects these brilliant people, as they are only worried about the financial agenda, which takes full priority. All the brilliant students/professors leave in an outrage. The institution hikes up tuition costs and bleeds the remaining sheep until they cash out right before a planned self destruct.

We are sad to see Kitru go but unfortunately he is a player that doesnt seem to be up to the standard qualities of a triple A MMO.

First off, he rolled a TANK class and he wants his class to be good at DPS.

This is wrong. If you wanted to DPS you should have rolled THE MARAUDER class.

Since you did not roll THE MARAUDER class but instead chose a class that can tank you should use your wide range of skills to full. Much like classes that can heal themselves to full your class brings a wide array of tools to the game and its not the developers fault if you dont master your own class.

Your class is easy to play but hard to master. Youre a tank class, tank the enemy, make them pay for damaging you. You cannot compare yourself to THE MARAUDER class since, you know, THE MARAUDER class cannot tank.

You should use stealth to your advantage so you can do your job properly. You are wrong. Doing damage isnt in your class scope of activities, that scope of play is already covered by THE MARAUDER.

We wish you luck in your future endeavours.

Learn to read.

Kitru's stated reason for leaving was primarily due to finding something else enjoyable to do.

On the other issue of class rep Q&A answers from Bioware -

While it is certainly true that no promise was made as to the quality of the responses, as a self-respecting person, I have a huge problem with the condescending tone of the answers this week for the PT/VG and Sorc/Sage threads. Only the most fervently literal reading of the latest responses could not be construed as insulting to wide swaths of hard working players. They need a better reviewer of released statements on their team (if they are using one at all). I would have an issue with the tone of the responses just on the basis of respecting people, but this? This is about respecting their customers, and to even flirt with going over that line is folly. Maybe it wins big points with a small segment of the gamer consumer base that values shock marketing tactics and disrespect, but hey, most people don't think that's cool.

I'm sure the players of the classes today are not thrilled with the responses, but I'd hazard a guess they'd be far less upset about it had they gotten a respectful response with any supporting body whatsoever. Even a polite and respectful dodge would have been better than what they got today. Defend the makers of the game all you want, but they really need to do some self examination as a business if they want to build real community and be successful, long term. Call me over-sensitive if you want, but alienating customers has this strange history of coming back to bite companies in the behind.

I feel I need to say something here.

Compare the Sentinel questions and the Sorc/Vanguard questions, do you see the difference ?

Do you now understand why the answers are different ?

I am sorry but both of the reps (specially the sorc) displayed an obscene lack of knowledge on the specs (whether they are knowledgeable is not the issue), the answers were warranted for that type of bloated rambling questions.

Ps, I am by no means saying there are no concerns with the ACs what I am saying most of the questions warranted such answers.

Edited by znihilist

I feel I need to say something here.

Compare the Sentinel questions and the Sorc/Vanguard questions, do you see the difference ?

Do you now understand why the answers are different ?

I am sorry but both of the reps (specially the sorc) displayed an obscene lack of knowledge on the specs (whether they are knowledgeable is not the issue), the answers were warranted for that type of bloated rambling questions.

Ps, I am by no means saying there are no concerns with the ACs what I am saying most of the questions warranted such answers.

You are correct, the sorc class representatives lack the knowledge to heal to full.