No Purple Rep tokens for the Bounty event?

DustinDune

Why did you take the purple rep tokens away from an event that is only live for a week ? It's bad enough that getting 12k rep takes 14 henchman bounties.

When were you able to get a purple rep token during a previous bounty hunter event? Didn't it just start? Oh that's right.......

think it is a good thing, make the bounty event last a little longer. Yes I know it only happens once a month, but something to keep players coming back is always good. Finishing a world event the first week seems great at the time, till next month roles around and you have no reason to do it again.

lwipe, correct me if I am wrong, but I think that on PTS, the Completed Bounty tokens were BoP, no? So maybe that is why they removed the Purple rep tokens on live, because you can freely trade and mail them, making it super easy to unlock Kingpins.

lwipe, correct me if I am wrong, but I think that on PTS, the Completed Bounty tokens were BoP, no? So maybe that is why they removed the Purple rep tokens on live, because you can freely trade and mail them, making it super easy to unlock Kingpins.

You are correct.

Stop wanting to max out rep during the first week of the event. Why would you want to do that? So that you can complain next week on the boards that there is not enough new content? Take your time with this event! Enjoy it for a couple of months.

Man, I sound like Andryah... ;)

yeah aint nobody got time fo dat.

run 12 characters for one week then ignore event forever crew checking in.

Pretty much what I've been doing. Well, on 8 characters. I'm close to having the week after the next reset capped too already. I tend to go about all forms of rep missions this way so i now have a crapload of different tokens saved on every char. Edited by MidichIorian

think it is a good thing, make the bounty event last a little longer. Yes I know it only happens once a month, but something to keep players coming back is always good. Finishing a world event the first week seems great at the time, till next month roles around and you have no reason to do it again.

So you're OK with it taking 5-6 month for what I would consider a hardcore player to reach legendary status and much longer for the average player to reach that status?

I got to admit. Thats not good design really.

Even with no purple reputation items it's still perfectly possible to reach the reputation cap with 2 characters at a minimum without buying any contracts from other players (which I'll never do). The event has only been out 2 days and I've already hit the cap and am half way to Friend standing. I've unlocked 2 Kingpin Bounties. I used 4 characters. 1 Level 55 2 Level 38's and 1 Level 15.

Heh, Achivement/rep/anything grinder checking in.

I think the issue some people are having with the lack of a purple rep token is the actual max rep per week for the first few weeks.

I freely admit I may have something like a mild form of OCD, I just like charting and plotting numbers. Anyway, I have a spreadsheet for calculating and tracking rep/achivements for the new event and daily zone, so here's how the numbers breakdown:

* If you have access to purple rep tokens you can reach a weekly max of 13.5k rep. This would allow you to reach the rank of Hero on week 2 and Champion on week 3.

* With no purple rep tokens, the max possible rep per week is 12.6k. That is still enough to reach Hero on week 2, but you won't be able to reach Champion until week 4.

* No Matter how you max rep, you cannot reach legend until week 6.

So, for the real rep grinders like myself, the only real implication of not having a purple rep token is that we won't be able to get the Master Hunter helmet or the mount until the 4th rep turn-in rotation. If there were purple rep tokens we could get that one helmet and mount on the 3rd week.

Really not a big issue in the grand scheme of things. Mostly likely any complaints are just because it's different than what had been established as normal in the past. The Czerka daily area was also a deviation as well in that there are almost no blue rep tokens (the only blue tokens drop in the HM flashpoints), but that rep had purple comms, so people were still able to really max rep. This BBA event is just the first time we can't get a max weekly rep over 13k.

(note: I still hold out hope that there may be hidden purple rep tokens that you only get by unlocking all 6 kingpin contracts on 1 character, or something like that. Hoping to be able to test that by the weekend, not redeeming any rep tokens until I know for sure.)

(another note: the whole maxing rep with purple comms is why some people will be able to craft the new end-game droid parts and black/blue dye packs next Tuesday, 1 week before people that didn't max)

Edited by Jaing

Why did you take the purple rep tokens away from an event that is only live for a week ? It's bad enough that getting 12k rep takes 14 henchman bounties.

I am doing it with 13 characters... HAd unlocked every kingpin 2 hours ago. Till next week i will have enough reputation till the events comes back live. In terms of rep/time its better then most daily areas.

For rep I think it was a good move to remove purples, as other reputation tracks stand now you have people getting ahead just by using the rep tokens in a certain order i.e. dropping a purple right at the end when they only got 10 or so rep points left for that week.

For actual rewards though, I feel the kingpins are lacking. You actually get less from doing a kingpin then doing a henchman quest, the only differences between kingpin and henchman quests are the fact you can do as many kingpins a day as you unlock and the fact you got to fight a tougher mob that might require at least two people for the not decent geared.

The thing that I don't get though is the slogan for this event is all about getting credits but where are they? As a level 55 I only get a 2k bounty credit case and whatever the quest rewards. With the henchman quests you end up spending more on drinks/probes than you get in.

How about making the kingpins more worthwhile to work towards by giving us a nice stack of credits for each kingpin killed i.e. up to 100 K at level 55? Maybe some interesting drops too?

At the moment this event feels like a grind for the sake of it.

...the only differences between kingpin and henchman quests are the fact you can do as many kingpins a day as you unlock...

Incorrect.

Each character can only run 1 kingpin quest per day. That means one character can run at most 1 henchman and 1 kingping mission per day. Only 2 missions.

Each character can "unlock" up to 6 kingpin missions, and unlocking them does get you a separate blue rep token, but if you have the Nar Shadaa and Voss kingpin quests unlocked, you can only run one of them per day.

The thing that I don't get though is the slogan for this event is all about getting credits but where are they? As a level 55 I only get a 2k bounty credit case and whatever the quest rewards. With the henchman quests you end up spending more on drinks/probes than you get in

Yes, that's a bit ridiculous. It costs me 1900 credits to fly to from the fleet to Voss, so I'm actually losing money or barely breaking even by taking the contract, depending on how many probes I have to buy to get the 4 contracts. Makes no sense. I hope Bioware is watching and aware of this with a fix incoming.

That's a very good point about the money. Even using Legacy Transport to Tatooine, Dromand Kass and Corsucant to make things cheeper you dont earn enough. They need to increase the monetary reward 10 fold and perhaps add a weekly mission, 4 Crime Lords and 8 Henchmen or something to drop a purple rep.