Bounty Hunter Contract Week?

Sztoid

From what I understand is that "Bounty Hunter" Contrat week is open to all class and that this event, like the title suggests, is only one week long. I don't know what the reasoning behind all this is but am I the only one here that thinks this "event" should be a permanent feature exclusively for Bounty Hunters and maybe Smugglers? I do know there were force user bounty hunters, but this game leaves no room for them. I may be misinformed on some if not all the information. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Why would they make it exclusive? You're saying that my vanguard could not take down a bounty? That's what republic soldiers do all the time but they do massive take downs. Spec Ops and all that. There is no way this should be an exclusive to two classes event. Edited by AlaricSevGirl

It is a week long, but will be a recurring, monthly event.

I would be okay with it being BH exclusive, providing all the other classes got their own events too.

And Bioware is not going to do that. Why should they? Why should this not be open to the pub side, exclusivity is not a good thing.

And Bioware is not going to do that. Why should they? Why should this not be open to the pub side, exclusivity is not a good thing.

I think you're missing the point when I said exclusively. I don't feel it should be open to all class if you want to keep it classic Star Wars. Bounty Hunters taking contracts for money is a given, but I don't think having one class on one faction would be acceptable. I mentioned Smugglers because they were closest to the lifestyle of a Bounty Hunter. If you want to make it more symmetrical, you can say Troopers hunt down wanted criminals. Kind of like a military Police or like mentioned above, SpecOps.

I think you're missing the point when I said exclusively. I don't feel it should be open to all class if you want to keep it classic Star Wars. Bounty Hunters taking contracts for money is a given, but I don't think having one class on one faction would be acceptable. I mentioned Smugglers because they were closest to the lifestyle of a Bounty Hunter. If you want to make it more symmetrical, you can say Troopers hunt down wanted criminals. Kind of like a military Police or like mentioned above, SpecOps.

This just doesn't work in the world of MMO.

If you make an event limited to just one base class (on each side), then you are automatically raising the anger of all players of the three other base classes.

You could only do that, if you had all 4 types of events already done and were doing them in a weekly cycle, like first week is bounty/trooper week, 2nd week is warrior/knight week, 3rd is consular/inqui and 4th being smuggler/agent week... then return to week 1 and keep that cycle indefinitely.

But even then agents and smugglers would complain, why they were at the end of the cycle and rightfully so.

But making an event exclusive to just one base class(and mirror) without having the three others also ready for release would be inacceptable. People of all classes except for the two "preferred" would complain about being left out.

Therefore it is better to open this event to all classes.

This just doesn't work in the world of MMO.

If you make an event limited to just one base class (on each side), then you are automatically raising the anger of all players of the three other base classes.

You could only do that, if you had all 4 types of events already done and were doing them in a weekly cycle, like first week is bounty/trooper week, 2nd week is warrior/knight week, 3rd is consular/inqui and 4th being smuggler/agent week... then return to week 1 and keep that cycle indefinitely.

But even then agents and smugglers would complain, why they were at the end of the cycle and rightfully so.

But making an event exclusive to just one base class(and mirror) without having the three others also ready for release would be inacceptable. People of all classes except for the two "preferred" would complain about being left out.

Therefore it is better to open this event to all classes.

I understand having to cater to all players and having events for each class and mirror classes would prevent the feeling of being left out. I have no idea what kind of events other classes would have, but when you have a bounty hunting related event, it kind of loses its meaning when its open to all classes. Makes it seem more of an event, like a holiday, as oppose to bringing in realism to this game.

You can always find an "in-character" reason as to why all the classes are participating.

Just some that come to mind:

Bounty Hunter: Obviously in it for the creds. And quite possibly the challenge, since they are Mandalorians in this game.

Smuggler: Pretty similar to the Bounty Hunter, minus the Mando part.

Agent: The perp has something they want/need. Or they are just arresting a wanted criminal.

Sith: Any of the above works for a Sith. :p

Jedi: As defenders of the Republic I could see them having an interest in bringing down wanted criminals, even if the method of getting the info is somewhat unorthodox in this case.

Trooper: Similar to Agent.

What is this thread even about? How does this impact your game play in anyway? Its YOUR story. You choose to do these things on YOUR character YOU created, don't worry about what other people do. If you want to just roll this event out on your BH - that's fine. I don't have a BH high enough to compete in this event and im cool with that, id rather do it on my Jedi anyway, which is apart of my story - not anyone else's.

As i said above, don't worry about some other players Jedi carrying out bounties, it shouldn't impact you at all. Just focus on your story.

Seems like the Bounty Hunter's Guild is not that restrictive around the time of SWTOR. Sure, I would love to see some lore to why that is and how the guild operates during that time (I just levelled my first Bounty Hunter since beta of the game to level 16 to play with a bounty hunter too in the event, so I am not sure if there is much lore in the game about the guild or if I mostly see mandalorians take it in their own hands). Anyway, I like it that I can do the event with my main char, a jedi that was always a hunter and Quzen Fess sureyl might be happy to see me doing work in favour of the scorekeeper!

What is this thread even about? How does this impact your game play in anyway? Its YOUR story. You choose to do these things on YOUR character YOU created, don't worry about what other people do. If you want to just roll this event out on your BH - that's fine. I don't have a BH high enough to compete in this event and im cool with that, id rather do it on my Jedi anyway, which is apart of my story - not anyone else's.

As i said above, don't worry about some other players Jedi carrying out bounties, it shouldn't impact you at all. Just focus on your story.

I'm losing sleep over this.

I quite like the idea of the Bounty Contract Week being open for all classes. I mean, it fits in with the story of my characters, and there are times in the class/planet stories that our characters feel like mercenaries sometimes, so it is not like this is some big leap in lore logic.

In a perfect world, there may have been a 'class event' week each month, where each class gets their own event of sorts. Given how BW probably do not have the resources to do that, I would rather they concentrate on actual story-game content rather then four different weekly events.

The one is just fine, and from what I have been hearing, I am very much looking forward to it! :i_angel:

I like the idea, but it would simply get too big. There should be similar events for jedi and sith (some force stuff), smugglers (smuggling missions) and troopers (military stuff that imperial agents could possibly do too). Who knows maybe in future, but for now I like it this way.

I understand having to cater to all players and having events for each class and mirror classes would prevent the feeling of being left out. I have no idea what kind of events other classes would have, but when you have a bounty hunting related event, it kind of loses its meaning when its open to all classes. Makes it seem more of an event, like a holiday, as oppose to bringing in realism to this game.

Well, I think it makes just as much sense for my Assassin to take bounties. I mean... that's kind of the same thing, no? :t_eek:

It's a good thing no other class stories involve "go kill or capture this person, come back to me and I'll give you a reward."

/sarcasm

Cause that's all a bounty is. EVERY class has done these things.

BW's mistake was accidentally calling it the Bounty Hunter event when they first posted about it. Now nobody can seem to realize that it's the Bounty Contract event.

Edited by GatorAndy

Seems like the Bounty Hunter's Guild is not that restrictive around the time of SWTOR. Sure, I would love to see some lore to why that is and how the guild operates during that time (I just levelled my first Bounty Hunter since beta of the game to level 16 to play with a bounty hunter too in the event, so I am not sure if there is much lore in the game about the guild or if I mostly see mandalorians take it in their own hands). Anyway, I like it that I can do the event with my main char, a jedi that was always a hunter and Quzen Fess sureyl might be happy to see me doing work in favour of the scorekeeper!

It is not really the Guild that organizes this. It is a neutral conglomerate of organizations call Bounty Broker's Association with goal to simplify posting, accepting and collecting bounties. The guild "might" be part of this conglomerate, but they apparently do not enforce their code that much.

However, all missions have voice-overs, and for all characters (I think, I did not try all on PTS) there is a choice that says something like "I do not do bounties, they are unethical". The quest giver the assures you that all the bounties are legal and targets are pretty despicable people and that you are simply bringing them to justice.

It sounds like the only issue here is the fact that they called it a "bounty week".

Jedi hunt down criminals/sith all the time as do troopers.

Sith set on personal vendetta for revenge.

Smugglers out to pay a debt.

Agents political assassinations.

BH for money.

Had they called it "vigilante justice/vendetta week" would that make it less "lore breaking" for the few bounty hunters out there that find this as a grievous injury to their brittle pride?

I can understand the argument for it to be BH only in that this is exactly what this class would be doing. Having said that, an argument could also have been made that the Dreadseed/seeker droid missions should have been Jedi/Sith classes only, and that the Shroud/Macrobinocular missions could have been limited to smugglers and agents.

Ultimately, Bioware chose to be more inclusive with its content updates and I think that's the right call. Class specific missions would be nice (ie a return to Class storry) but for now let's just be thankful for something new that we can all participate in.

Edited by Benfynyn