Let us kill our own faction and all the NPCs!

Lugatti

I think there should be an option to kill players of our own faction. Additionally, I get the urge to kill Darth Decimus, General Heskier, and Darth Marr. Perhaps there should be an option to attack or kill storyline NPCs that we don't like too much.

Anyone else agree on this?

People can't randomly kill NPCs in the course of play, since future content may well involve any given storyline NPC. What happens if, for example, Darth Marr is the quest-giver for the next big Empire plot arc, and you killed him? There are just too many variables to allow for that sort of thing.

People can't randomly kill NPCs in the course of play, since future content may well involve any given storyline NPC. What happens if, for example, Darth Marr is the quest-giver for the next big Empire plot arc, and you killed him? There are just too many variables to allow for that sort of thing.

I will let you in on a secret, Chemy...

Those people that just want to kill everything don't really care about the story, so it doesn't even cross their minds that there may ever be such a thing as future plots.

It's SWTOR, OP - not Skyrim or GTA. :p

Not to mention the moment it becomes even an option to kill a certain NPC it's permanently removed from all potential future storylines as Bioware has shown repeatedly.

Edited by Callaron

I found myself wishing we could kill players of our own faction the other night. We had a member leave the guild and my guild leader asked me to administer a lesson (we're an RP guild). When I tried to duel him he stealthed and ran out of the ring exiting the duel :(. Kind of a bummer from an RP standpoint (common we're Sith, we're supposed to be killing each other :jawa_evil:), but the potential for griefing is just too high.

Not to mention the moment it becomes even an option to kill a certain NPC it's permanently removed from all potential future storylines as Bioware has shown repeatedly.

In anything but class quests yeah, its really lame :/

This is one of the worst ideas I have seen on these forums, and that is saying something.

/signed

Can you imagine trying to mash through quests to get an alt to 50-55, you know where all the quest givers are, you run up to the area where they should be, but oh, someone decided it would be fun to go all out on them all like a 13 year old and now you get to sit and wait 30-45 mins for them to respawn. Man, doesn't that sound just AWESOME!?

Just no.

Edited by TrillOG-

This is one of the worst ideas I have seen on these forums, and that is saying something.

/Agree.

There is no dread_server rule set for SWTOR.. and I doubt there ever will be. Even if there was, it would be on a separate server.. and history has shown them to be very unpopular servers in MMOs.

/Agree.

There is no dread_server rule set for SWTOR.. and I doubt there ever will be. Even if there was, it would be on a separate server.. and history has shown them to be very unpopular servers in MMOs.

can you be more specific Andryah? which games? what histiory?

/signed

Can you imagine trying to mash through quests to get an alt to 50-55, you know where all the quest givers are, you run up to the area where they should be, but oh, someone decided it would be fun to go all out on them all like a 13 year old and now you get to sit and wait 30-45 mins for them to respawn. Man, doesn't that sound just AWESOME!?

Just no.

I agree it is a silly idea, but really you have to ask yourself when did it become the games job to protect players from other players? I remember when it was the job of the community to protect their own from other players. On my server I ended up killing a quest giver on tat for an hour, and only one 55 came to help. What is wrong with the gaming community within MMO's? Pretty sure on pvp servers if lower levels get ganked, majority of players simply brush it off and say PvP just happened or something right?

I agree it is a silly idea, though if the game had stronger ties within the community it could be fun. Bring back the sense that has long past with PK guilds and PKK guilds.

I agree it is a silly idea, but really you have to ask yourself when did it become the games job to protect players from other players? I remember when it was the job of the community to protect their own from other players. On my server I ended up killing a quest giver on tat for an hour, and only one 55 came to help. What is wrong with the gaming community within MMO's? Pretty sure on pvp servers if lower levels get ganked, majority of players simply brush it off and say PvP just happened or something right?

I agree it is a silly idea, though if the game had stronger ties within the community it could be fun. Bring back the sense that has long past with PK guilds and PKK guilds.

It became the game's job when servers marked 'PvE' were added to the game. Those servers are intended for players to casually level without fear of interference from another player.

The OPs suggestion might be acceptable on the PvP servers though. No idea.

It became the game's job when servers marked 'PvE' were added to the game. Those servers are intended for players to casually level without fear of interference from another player.

The OPs suggestion might be acceptable on the PvP servers though. No idea.

Everything's acceptable on a PvP server, because if it's red it's dead! :rolleyes:

I kinda want the people with that mentality to be able to do that... so they can attack a trainer or something that's some 20 levels up and have it cut them down. No-one would help them either, in fact they'd just stab them in the back in an already hopeless fight.

not true! Theres good ol Conrad Verner from Mass Effect! :p

(...)On my server I ended up killing a quest giver on tat for an hour, and only one 55 came to help. What is wrong with the gaming community within MMO's? (...)

You ask a question and give the answer one sentence before. Someone who kills a quest giver on Tatooine for an hour is what is wrong with the gaming community. Besides other things.

/facepalm

not true! Theres good ol Conrad Verner from Mass Effect! :p

I think if you get him killed in ME1, he does not show up in ME2. It is only if you convince him to back down and live his life when the import error used to occur (it was patched, I think) with both paragon and renegade flags being set, with renegade taking priority.

You ask a question and give the answer one sentence before. Someone who kills a quest giver on Tatooine for an hour is what is wrong with the gaming community. Besides other things.

/facepalm

Seriously. People like that are one of the reasons I'm glad I left WoW.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.