Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling

with these numbers I almost feel like the Zann fleet should have been a minor fleet and the Open circle fleet should have been the whole thing but possibly a Major Fleet (not sure its size either honestly I know other people probably know the numbers but I don't.)

The Open Circle Fleet was thousands of ships....

Probably could have taken you all on at once if I had the full open circle fleet :p

Edit: 200 ships isn't minor, if the open circle fleet is bumped down to 60 for being minor, 200 is major :p

Edited by Selenial

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Open Circle Fleet was thousands of ships....

Probably could have taken you all on at once if I had the full open circle fleet :p

Edit: 200 ships isn't minor, if the open circle fleet is bumped down to 60 for being minor, 200 is major :p

then why wasn't thrawns armada Major?

Edit: and where did you get the numbers for open circle fleet any way.

Edited by tunewalker

it was 250

Ohhhh.....

Ouch...

So, Beni. By the time I get back from the Journey, I expect answers to

1) why was Thrawns fleet Minor?

2) If thrawns is minor, should we bump the Zann Consortium Navy?

3) If 250 was minor, can I get a boost to the Open Circle Fleet?

Ohhhh.....

Ouch...

question on 3 how do you guys know the numbers of the open circle fleet I could never find information on it.

Wow. Quite a few pages while I was gone. I was busy yesterday with stuff IRL (funny, right?) and so I have a few things to make rebuttals to. However, I'll probably make really long posts, so I don't flood the thread.

Yaaaaa prepped for wall o' text :).

Before, I post, I would like to thank Warren and Tune to helping debate during my absence. I really, really, really, appreciate it! I love you guys! :D

P.S. Beni, you helped too....

P.P.S. Star, you just can't decide, can you?

I'm just going to throw it out there that I think getting hung up on numbers is not constructive to the debate.

agreed I should have really brought up the number thing and such in the origin debate as I feel there are far more pressing matters such as character behaviors to be debated, sorry for some what derailing things :o

Ohhhh.....

Ouch...

1) Thrawn's Fleet is comprised of 9 SDs, 2 Victorys, 3 Interdictors and 178 Dreadnaught-class cruisers. However 3-5 of said cruisers are said to be comparable to the output of a single Star Destroyer. They are therefore roughly equivalent to 45 SDs. Thats 59 Destroyers in total. And how large is the Open Circle Fleet? 60 units.

2) Like Warren said, lets not get hung up on numbers unless with possess canonical stats.

3) Enough!

First, to the obvious- the IGBC's acquisition of Santhe/Sienar Tech. I'll provide three reasons as to why this would most definitely happen.

Reason # 1- Debt. To begin, San Hill was a businessman. He would often make deals, trying to put others in his debt. This happened once with Qymaen jai Sheelal.

He was hired during the Civil War of Kalee, to become the head of security for the IGBC. However, war called to him, and he left to fight once more. Furious, San Hill conspired with his friend Poggle the Lesser, and Count Dooku to arrange the warlords life changing crash. He then personally financed the his reconstruction as General Grievous. He did this so that the General would be in his debt, and would be able to defend the IGBC should the Separatists become out of hand.

A similar arrangement could be made with Vader. For holding the funds of Santhe/Sienar Tech, Vader could give Hill power in the Empire, security or anything else the Muun wanted from Vader.

Reason # 2- Profit. Obviously, what businessman doesn't like making some moolah? By holding the funds, San would watch as a key money making empire crashed. However, he could, and most likely would, be keen to restart the corporation, under the IGBC. All profits from them would go to him, and he would become wealthier than he could imagine.

Reason # 3- Security. He would have nothing to fear. Not with the IGBc's own defense, a long with the RG, SG, Sing (an assassin and IA) and a Dark Lord of the Sith. Plus, he would have anything that Santhe/Sienar Tech could produce added to his own arsenal.

Reason # 4- Threat/Execution. Finally, if all else fails, Vader could simply demonstrate a feat of power, to prove that his orders where to be obeyed. That, or kill Hill, and force the new leader to do as he please, or face Hill's end.

Edited by Canino

Next, to the Traya assassination of Aruk. Please, please, please try to land on Bastion. I'm sure the Golan defense system, turrets, and other security forces won't shoot down a ship that isn't registered by the FE. You have Malachor, I have Bastion. Both are fortresses to the other empire.

Also, I would like to revisit the propaganda of Aruk. He is a very different Hutt. He is refined, finding Jabba's fascination with dancers disgusting. He would be constantly on the airwaves, hiring, lambasting the DI, and laying down traps, and business offers. He loved the guile, cunning and politics of Hutts, and he did it often. Heck, he is also on the council of Hutts. He would also be able to have them help in the propaganda.

I think it is important to note that Aruk doesn't need to leave his palace. Not while he has his Kajidic around. That includes his brother Zavval, son Durga, nephew Kibbick, and anyone else in his kajidc. He has other Hutts to help him, along with contacts in his cantina.

Aruk had a firm belief in the Hutt way of life and loved the guile and intrigue that was part of everyday life for a clan leader. He did eschew such methods as murder and blackmail when dealing with rival clans, and although it often stressed him when his rivals responded in kind, he would not have had it any other way.

Aruk was a great public speaker, and his eloquence and charisma was noted by even his staunchest enemies, such as Jabba and Jiliac. He was not above publicly lying or making wild accusations when he needed to, and never hesitated to get in a jibe against his opposite number in Desilijic when given the opportunity.

An example of his skill-

"Disaster?" Aruk's voice boomed out so deep and authoritative that Durga felt a ripple of pride. His parent was as fine a Hutt leader as had ever been born!

Sith Sorcery, obviously stronger in Raw Ability (His incredible power in Darksight proves this, and he was Considered enough of a threat by His fellow prophets, and Palpatine to be moved) Has abilities in Lightning,

He was Above Average in Meelee combat, however he could cast Illusions, Induce fear in even those with incredible strong minds (People said merely being in his presence made them feel cold, and scared, even though the temperature never dropped) That and of course he could heal himself with ease...

If it really came down to him being near death, would it be possible for him to transfer his essence into Sing?

Besides, Sing wasn't a great force user. She never displayed power in anything like Force Choke, or lightning, she had the Basics of Jedi Training, but that's about it... She also was never a fan of Jedi, and only seemed to use a lightsaber when fighting other Jedi... Even though she fought Ahsoka Tano and Plo Koon with blasters (Something that ended Horribly, might I add)

Edit: Darksight is another thing, he would likely see the Battle coming anyway, and half the Beauty of Darksight is being able to Manipulate the visions you saw of the future to your own advantage, and to your whim.

This is true, however, I would like to note that Sing outdrew Tano and shot her before her saber was out. The only reason she lost was because Padme had a blaster, something she was known to do. Sing simply didn't know.

Sing however does have powerful Telekinesis, and may have been able to conceal her presence, as she was able to sneak up and trap a party of three Jedi Knights/Masters. She was also able to hold her own with Aayla Secura, and do quite well. The only reason she lost was because Secura had a very similar background and was able to use inside information to distract Sing.

She was also trained by Vader, indicating that her force abilities may have improved, and her marksmanship would also have improved. She was also trained by Anzat assassins, and had an uncanny ability to escape. If she can't defeat Cronal, she can escape, and attack again. This will only make Cronal more paranoid.

Finally, I believe this will all end on Malachor. Here's my scenario.

After the loss of their supplier, the DI will be wary of any attacks from the FE. However, they would be looking for any opportunity to gain defectors to gain a number superiority. When a message to Admiral Trench arrives, saying that defectors want to join the DI, he will jump at the opportunity. The only condition in the message- a holocall to arrange the final details. The call will arrive, and suddenly, Vader will appear. A quick force grip and choke, and Trench is dead.

Traya, on Malachor, will feel Trench's death. When word from the crew is sent to her, saying that Vader killed him from across the galaxy, both she and Cronal will be stunned. Traya has shown that she is interested in destroying the force, and other wounds or phenomena in the force. When she learns that Vader was created by the force, and is the Chosen One, she knows that he could do what she cannot- destroy the force. She invites him to Malachor, giving him the charts and constantly updates them.

She knows he will leap to the opportunity to kill her, and so assembles her assassins, troops and allies. Vader too brings a strike team. SGs, RGs, and his allies. They all meet in the Trayus core, where Traya explains her plan to Vader, and also uses her power to affect his mind. However, Vader follows through with his plan, and draws his saber.

As assassins show themselves, once being cloaked, they attack. However, the SG is easily able to kill them and defend Vader, while the Shadows troops are no match for Kanos and the RG. HK, is sniping from above, and moves to target Vader. However Sing shoots him, and starts a snipe off to kill each other.

Using her power, Traya easily drains the troops of Vader, killing all but Kanos, Sing, and Vader. Traya, Cronal and HK are still standing. Vader responds with Kinetite and shocks Cronal. In the ensuing battle, Vader kills both Cronal and HK. Traya dies soon after.

Next, to the Traya assassination of Aruk. Please, please, please try to land on Bastion. I'm sure the Golan defense system, turrets, and other security forces won't shoot down a ship that isn't registered by the FE. You have Malachor, I have Bastion. Both are fortresses to the other empire.

Also, I would like to revisit the propaganda of Aruk. He is a very different Hutt. He is refined, finding Jabba's fascination with dancers disgusting. He would be constantly on the airwaves, hiring, lambasting the DI, and laying down traps, and business offers. He loved the guile, cunning and politics of Hutts, and he did it often. Heck, he is also on the council of Hutts. He would also be able to have them help in the propaganda.

I think it is important to note that Aruk doesn't need to leave his palace. Not while he has his Kajidic around. That includes his brother Zavval, son Durga, nephew Kibbick, and anyone else in his kajidc. He has other Hutts to help him, along with contacts in his cantina.

Landing on Bastion won't be all that difficult. They have stealthed vessels remember meaning they can drop out of hyperspace undetected and land an albeit small force on the planet undetected, bypassing much of Bastion's defenses. Also note Bastion does not have Golan Battle Platforms, the Muun's were to greedy to grant them any. However Muunilinst did have several.

But the amount of damage Aruk can do the the DI is minimal. On top of existing in the shadows, they're forces are incredibly loyal and they have no ties or reliance on underworld tactics. If anything it will be the DE mounting the offense on the underworld, using terror tactics much like Traya did against G0-T0. We are talking:

• Assassinating individuals of note who ally themselves with the FE.
  • Utilizing Shadowspawn as an emblem of fear and also to buy up spies and underworld infiltrators.
  • Raiding Hutt palaces and other underworld bases affiliated with Aruk.
  • Disrupting slave and spice shipments via stealth attacks.
  • Disrupting black market sales.

Such acts will not only undermine Aruk's authority, but discourage the underworld to support him out of fear. It won't have a colossal impact on the FE, but it could well prevent them from capitalizing on the underworld.

Edited by Beniboybling

This is true, however, I would like to note that Sing outdrew Tano and shot her before her saber was out. The only reason she lost was because Padme had a blaster, something she was known to do. Sing simply didn't know.

Sing however does have powerful Telekinesis, and may have been able to conceal her presence, as she was able to sneak up and trap a party of three Jedi Knights/Masters. She was also able to hold her own with Aayla Secura, and do quite well. The only reason she lost was because Secura had a very similar background and was able to use inside information to distract Sing.

She was also trained by Vader, indicating that her force abilities may have improved, and her marksmanship would also have improved. She was also trained by Anzat assassins, and had an uncanny ability to escape. If she can't defeat Cronal, she can escape, and attack again. This will only make Cronal more paranoid.

Unfortunately Cronal will like be on Malachor with Traya. Which is a point. We've yet the explore the advantage of having two Force users gifted in foresight meditating on a planet that will amplify their abilities. Its highly likely they will see many of the FE attacks coming.

Landing on Bastion won't be all that difficult. They have stealthed vessels remember meaning they can drop out of hyperspace undetected and land an albeit small force on the planet undetected, bypassing much of Bastion's defenses. Also note Bastion does not have Golan Battle Platforms, the Muun's were to greedy to grant them any. However Muunilinst did have several.

But the amount of damage Aruk can do the the DI is minimal. On top of existing in the shadows, they're forces are incredibly loyal and they have no ties or reliance on underworld tactics. If anything it will be the DE mounting the offense on the underworld, using terror tactics much like Traya did against G0-T0. We are talking:

• Assassinating individuals of note who ally themselves with the FE.
  • Utilizing Shadowspawn as an emblem of fear and also to buy up spies and underworld infiltrators.
  • Raiding Hutt palaces and other underworld bases affiliated with Aruk.
  • Disrupting slave and spice shipments via stealth attacks.
  • Disrupting black market sales.

Such acts will not only undermine Aruk's authority, but discourage the underworld to support him out of fear. It won't have a colossal impact on the FE, but it could well prevent them from capitalizing on the underworld.

If you attack the underworld, the underworld will attack back. And a lot harder. Also, I don't think Cronal will be an emblem of fear. He is not known to the underworld as anyone special. Not compared to a Hutt, at the least. And if you begin disrupting slaves and spice, every hutt in the galaxy will be on you.

You are also assuming that Traya and Cronal will know of anyone allying themselves with the FE. It's not like they will simply say, "Hey, I'm with the FE now!" They aren't stupid. They are cunning, and know how to stay quiet- else they wouldn't be hired in the first place. Really, until the first raid or attack, Traya will likely only know of 1 or 2 individuals who are allying themselves we me.

Also, the propaganda isn't on the DI. But to rally my troops and the underworld to my cause. Also, don't forget forget that Aruk is a schemer as well. He loves traps, blackmail and murder as well.

And on Bastion-

The planet nigh impenetrable defense systems made Bastion as well defended as Coruscant, which prevented any direct assault on the planet.

Also, stealth won't be an option when the FE gets its hands on a CGT. While yes it may take time, San Hill also has rich underworld contacts on Aargau who would easily have one, or know of them.

EDIT: Nothing on the IGBC take over of Santhe/Sienar Tech? SO does that mean it will happen?

Edited by Canino

Finally, I believe this will all end on Malachor. Here's my scenario.

After the loss of their supplier, the DI will be wary of any attacks from the FE. However, they would be looking for any opportunity to gain defectors to gain a number superiority. When a message to Admiral Trench arrives, saying that defectors want to join the DI, he will jump at the opportunity. The only condition in the message- a holocall to arrange the final details. The call will arrive, and suddenly, Vader will appear. A quick force grip and choke, and Trench is dead.

Traya, on Malachor, will feel Trench's death. When word from the crew is sent to her, saying that Vader killed him from across the galaxy, both she and Cronal will be stunned. Traya has shown that she is interested in destroying the force, and other wounds or phenomena in the force. When she learns that Vader was created by the force, and is the Chosen One, she knows that he could do what she cannot- destroy the force. She invites him to Malachor, giving him the charts and constantly updates them.

She knows he will leap to the opportunity to kill her, and so assembles her assassins, troops and allies. Vader too brings a strike team. SGs, RGs, and his allies. They all meet in the Trayus core, where Traya explains her plan to Vader, and also uses her power to affect his mind. However, Vader follows through with his plan, and draws his saber.

As assassins show themselves, once being cloaked, they attack. However, the SG is easily able to kill them and defend Vader, while the Shadows troops are no match for Kanos and the RG. HK, is sniping from above, and moves to target Vader. However Sing shoots him, and starts a snipe off to kill each other.

Using her power, Traya easily drains the troops of Vader, killing all but Kanos, Sing, and Vader. Traya, Cronal and HK are still standing. Vader responds with Kinetite and shocks Cronal. In the ensuing battle, Vader kills both Cronal and HK. Traya dies soon after.

...I don't think this is going to happen.

1. It is highly unlikely that Trench will be accepting any holocalls from anyone. Not only will Cronal be dealing with all such matters but the SE will be wary of their communications being tracked. Remembering Cronal only ever communicates through a holographic projector with an image distorter - making it difficult for Vader to influence him with the Force.

2. The Chosen One is just a powerful Force user, he doesn't have any particular Force destroying capabilities. On the contrary Traya will be hell bent on destroying Vader. As the Chosen One he is effectively a weapon of the Force's will, what better way to subvert the will Traya rails against by killing him?

Just to get a handle on where this debate is going. I expect that Vader will personally take a large portion of the Consortium Navy to the Raxus system - in an attempt to cripple the SE. The SE will most likely see this coming and have the majority of the Open Circle Fleet waiting for them. While they dispatch the majority of Malgus' Stealth Fleet to strike at perhaps Yinchorr. These should be focal points of debate.

Unfortunately Cronal will like be on Malachor with Traya. Which is a point. We've yet the explore the advantage of having two Force users gifted in foresight meditating on a planet that will amplify their abilities. Its highly likely they will see many of the FE attacks coming.

True, but misdirection is a friend of Aruk and Vader. Aruk is an underworld mastermind; he is cunning, smart and wise. Vader has the tactical mind, and ability to back it up. We also have Cronal underestimating Vader's power, considering him a blunt tool unable to do anything useful or powerful.

...I don't think this is going to happen.

1. It is highly unlikely that Trench will be accepting any holocalls from anyone. Not only will Cronal be dealing with all such matters but the SE will be wary of their communications being tracked. Remembering Cronal only ever communicates through a holographic projector with an image distorter - making it difficult for Vader to influence him with the Force.

2. The Chosen One is just a powerful Force user, he doesn't have any particular Force destroying capabilities. On the contrary Traya will be hell bent on destroying Vader. As the Chosen One he is effectively a weapon of the Force's will, what better way to subvert the will Traya rails against by killing him?

Just to get a handle on where this debate is going. I expect that Vader will personally take a large portion of the Consortium Navy to the Raxus system - in an attempt to cripple the SE. The SE will most likely see this coming and have the majority of the Open Circle Fleet waiting for them. While they dispatch the majority of Malgus' Stealth Fleet to strike at perhaps Yinchorr. These should be focal points of debate.

Yes, and Traya is a manipulator, not a murderer. She would want to use Vader to destroy the force. What better way to kill the force than to use one created by ti to strike against it?

Trench would very likely accept holocalls. He is overconfident and has a short temper. He prides himself on being one step ahead of the enemy. Defections are a prime way to do this.

I'm not great with fleets, so give me time to debate this. However, if someone else is good with fleets, can you help me out? I'll love you forever :D....

If you attack the underworld, the underworld will attack back. And a lot harder. Also, I don't think Cronal will be an emblem of fear. He is not known to the underworld as anyone special. Not compared to a Hutt, at the least. And if you begin disrupting slaves and spice, every hutt in the galaxy will be on you.

You are also assuming that Traya and Cronal will know of anyone allying themselves with the FE. It's not like they will simply say, "Hey, I'm with the FE now!" They aren't stupid. They are cunning, and know how to stay quiet- else they wouldn't be hired in the first place. Really, until the first raid or attack, Traya will likely only know of 1 or 2 individuals who are allying themselves we me.

Also, the propaganda isn't on the DI. But to rally my troops and the underworld to my cause. Also, don't forget forget that Aruk is a schemer as well. He loves traps, blackmail and murder as well.

And on Bastion-

Also, stealth won't be an option when the FE gets its hands on a CGT. While yes it may take time, San Hill also has rich underworld contacts on Aargau who would easily have one, or know of them.

EDIT: Nothing on the IGBC take over of Santhe/Sienar Tech? SO does that mean it will happen?

You underestimate the weapons that the SE has its at disposal. The underworld can't fight an enemy it can't see. They are untouchable. Malachor V is a fortress world, Raxus Prime is a scrap heap and as far as I'm aware neither Raxus Secundus nor Bonadan are crime hubs. And lets remember the nature of the underworld, they are not an organisation with principles and honor. They won't risk their own skin rallying against the SE for the sake of honor. Fear of death and pain will drive away the majority of the underworld from siding with the FE.

And Cronal will make a name for himself through these attacks, just like Maul made a name for himself by cutting a swathe through the Underworld. Which is a good example of how the Underworld reacts to such threats, it either runs and hides or swears its fealty to the attackers - and those guys weren't even getting paid.

Indeed, Cronal will likely turn much of Aruk's allies against him. Allowing them to gain access to the FE and its stronghold, its at least a possibility.

And as a final point, Cronal is the Director of Imperial Intelligence with a legion of shadow stormtroopers and assassins at his disposal. He'll infiltrate the underworld quite effectively. And alliances will soon become clear.

P.S. How exactly is the IGBC going to take over Santhe/Sinear? Freezing their accounts won't give them control over the company. And I doubt the DI is just going to let them take over, even if it means initiating a purge.

Yes, and Traya is a manipulator, not a murderer. She would want to use Vader to destroy the force. What better way to kill the force than to use one created by ti to strike against it?

Trench would very likely accept holocalls. He is overconfident and has a short temper. He prides himself on being one step ahead of the enemy. Defections are a prime way to do this.

I'm not great with fleets, so give me time to debate this. However, if someone else is good with fleets, can you help me out? I'll love you forever :D....

She's a Sith Lord, murdering is their business. And how exactly is she going to use Vader to strike against the Force? The Force can't be 'attacked' in such a way. And Traya nows she can't subvert the Force's will simply by making its 'minions' her pawns. The Force exists on an other worldly plain, it doesn't play by the rules. Just look at what happened to Sidious, killed by the one he thought he had made his pawn.

Trench ain't taking no calls. For one nobody has his holofrequency, and secondly he'll be busy playing war. Traya will have Cronal deal with other matters. And Trench does not have short temper, he is cunning and patient.

Edited by Beniboybling

You underestimate the weapons that the SE has its at disposal. The underworld can't fight an enemy it can't see. They are untouchable. Malachor V is a fortress world, Raxus Prime is a scrap heap and as far as I'm aware neither Raxus Secundus nor Bonadan are crime hubs. And lets remember the nature of the underworld, they are not an organisation with principles and honor. They won't risk their own skin rallying against the SE for the sake of honor. Fear of death and pain will drive away the majority of the underworld from siding with the FE.

And Cronal will make a name for himself through these attacks, just like Maul made a name for himself by cutting a swathe through the Underworld. Which is a good example of how the Underworld reacts to such threats, it either runs and hides or swears its fealty to the attackers - and those guys weren't even getting paid.

Indeed, Cronal will likely turn much of Aruk's allies against him. Allowing them to gain access to the FE and its stronghold, its at least a possibility.

And as a final point, Cronal is the Director of Imperial Intelligence with a legion of shadow stormtroopers and assassins at his disposal. He'll infiltrate the underworld quite effectively. And alliances will soon become clear.

P.S. How exactly is the IGBC going to take over Santhe/Sinear? Freezing their accounts won't give them control over the company. And I doubt the DI is just going to let them take over, even if it means initiating a purge.

If you want the underworld on you side, the best way is not to kill them....

You over estimate Cronal. Yes he was a director of Intelligence, but he would not be known. His agents would be. In fact, he would unlikely know any contacts, as he would be needed for more important affairs. Most likely retaking the Ubiqtorate base on my planets before any incriminating facts are deemed "unclassified"....

Also, most people in the underworld are going to want to see there new boss. People know Aruk and understand who he is. They will not know Cronal and will most likely be hesitant to work with them.

Finally, IGBC will hold all assets of the Tech (monetary and otherwise). This cripples the Tech. They can no longer afford labor, space, pilots, materials, construction, etc. The Tech will also be on the bad list of all banks if the IGBC has held there account. This causes the Tech to collapse as they can no longer afford to be in business. The IGBC then makes the offer to buy them. They supply money, and Tech gives all products to the FE.

EDIT: Just noticed something. You say "The underworld can't fight an enemy it can't see." But that is the underworld. They are the enemy you can't see. That's why they are dangerous.

Edited by Canino