Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling

She did... pretty sure that was cut-content. And it was never stated that Kreia was actually in the room manipulating Atris mind. Which makes little sense for various reasons.

EDIT: I'm also interested to here what exactly she is going to do.

I know, that came out wrong...

Basically, she manipulated Atris' mind whilst taris was in the midst of many Jedi Masters...

Edit: For what she's going to do, mess with his head in the middle of a Holo Speech, like I said.

However, if she can get close enough, she could kill him herself, because she uses a special kind of concealment when she wants too, people see her, but don't recognise her as actually being there, so she could walk right past his guards, into his sleeping chamber, slash a saber across his chest and be done with it :p

As, a saber across the chest apparently kills Hutts, when flesh eating spinners don't :confused:

Edited by Selenial

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: For what she's going to do, mess with his head in the middle of a Holo Speech, like I said.

However, if she can get close enough, she could kill him herself, because she uses a special kind of concealment when she wants too, people see her, but don't recognise her as actually being there, so she could walk right past his guards, into his sleeping chamber, slash a saber across his chest and be done with it :p

As, a saber across the chest apparently kills Hutts, when flesh eating spinners don't :confused:

She'd have to get to him first. Which means infiltrating his fortress on Bastion - and unfortunately Traya cannot walk through walls or open doors without drawing attention.

P.S. Poison needles attempting to penetrate extremely thick skin and a layer fat into an organism naturally resistant to poisons doesn't kill a Hutt. Without taking into account the fact he is being guarded by Force sensitives.

She'd have to get to him first. Which means infiltrating his fortress on Bastion - and unfortunately Traya cannot walk through walls or open doors without drawing attention.

P.S. Poison needles attempting to penetrate extremely thick skin and a layer fat into an organism naturally resistant to poisons doesn't kill a Hutt. Without taking into account the fact he is being guarded by Force sensitives.

I think she could hide the doors too, think about it... The Handmaidens took her weapon, walked behind her, activated the force cage. At some point in time Atris went into the room where the Exiles party was (how else would she know them all, bar traya) and Somehow Atris forgot to notice the fact there was an "empty" force cage.

Trayas method of concealment hides everything people should notice, and puts it out of their mind...

Yeh, I know they can't, I just find it weird that lightsabers can...

And dude, help me here! You've been helping the FE and I'm fighting this alone...:(

:D

I think she could hide the doors too, think about it... The Handmaidens took her weapon, walked behind her, activated the force cage. At some point in time Atris went into the room where the Exiles party was (how else would she know them all, bar traya) and Somehow Atris forgot to notice the fact there was an "empty" force cage.

Trayas method of concealment hides everything people should notice, and puts it out of their mind...

Yeh, I know they can't, I just find it weird that lightsabers can...

And dude, help me here! You've been helping the FE and I'm fighting this alone...:(

:D

Wait what? I'm deeply confused... your not making sense.

I think we need to pull back from this speculation business and look at the facts.

P.S. If your suggesting that she use Force concealment in doors. Then no. People are definitely going to notice if doors start disappearing, making opening sounds, then reappearing again. Pretending for a moment that Traya is able to access these locked doors. And actually do that.

Wait what? I'm deeply confused... your not making sense.

I think we need to pull back from this speculation business and look at the facts.

P.S. If your suggesting that she use Force concealment in doors. Then no. People are definitely going to notice if doors start disappearing, making opening sounds, then reappearing again. Pretending for a moment that Traya is able to access these locked doors. And actually do that.

If you ever listened to Trayas speeches on the Ebon Hawk, you'd understand.

She doesn't turn invisible when she wants to conceal herself.

She clouds her Opponents mind.

Listen, I can't find the quote on YouTube so I'm going into Kotor right now to find it :/

Then perhaps you should know, there are techniques in the force, where one can cloud the memory of others, make their presence so small, as to be unnoticed. -Kreia

There :D

Your confusing cloaking one's presence with the Force, with cloaking oneself in the Force.

Hiding one's self:

Force cloak, also known as Force camouflage and Force concealment, was a rarely seen Force talent involving the manipulation of light and sound waves to render a practitioner virtually invisible to the naked eye...

...Jedi Master-turned-Sith Lord, Darth Traya favored the technique, believing that the perception of others was just another tool means by which to manipulate them. Through this technique, Traya and her alter-ego Kreia could move about friend and foe alike while cloaking herself.

Hiding one's presence:

Force stealth also referred to as Force Concealment or Buried Presence was a power that was used by highly skilled Force-sensitives to mask their Force alignment (Light or Dark), their ability to use the Force, or even their entire presence from other Force-sensitives...

.... Darth Traya used a powerful version of this to evade both the surviving Jedi and her Sith apprentices, as well as mask her nature from her own student, Meetra Surik who in turn may have mastered this ability.

Regardless this doesn't really make things any clearer. So I'll just point out that Atris never visited the prisoners in there cells, and Kreia did not cloak herself. In fact if I remember correctly one of the Handmaidens informs Atris of an 'old woman' amongst the prisoners who Atris realizes is Kreia. At no point does she hide her presence.

Regardless this doesn't really make things any clearer. So I'll just point out that Atris never visited the prisoners in there cells, and Kreia did not cloak herself. In fact if I remember correctly one of the Handmaidens informs Atris of an 'old woman' amongst the prisoners who Atris realizes is Kreia. At no point does she hide her presence.

I dont really agree with that.

Atris knew of every other party member, so she must have at least saw them. Besides, the exiles line is "Kreia, if the Council cast you out, how come Atris and none of the other council members recognized you?" So, I guess the Canon is at least 1 of the Council members should have Saw Kreia. Besides, your quote stated it too, Hide your presence... And that's how well she did it...

Edited by Selenial

I dont really agree with that.

Atris knew of every other party member, so she must have at least saw them. Besides, the exiles line is "Kreia, if the Council cast you out, how come Atris and none of the other council members recognized you?" So, I guess the Canon is at least 1 of the Council members should have Saw Kreia. Besides, your quote stated it too, Hide your presence... And that's how well she did it...

*shrug* Perhaps. But I can't think of a point where Traya would have been able to see her... anyway. I still have no idea what relevance this has to the debate.

*shrug* Perhaps. But I can't think of a point where Traya would have been able to see her... anyway. I still have no idea what relevance this has to the debate.

Oh, it was that if she was to use the clouding the mind method, then really, her opening a door wouldn't be too extreme...

Either way, she wouldn't have to if she was in the core :p

I would like to point out that Traya has never communicated with the mind of anyone who was not Force-Sensitive.

Seeing as it has been proven that communicating with someone who is not Force sensitive is much harder to achieve, along with the fact that Aruk is resistant to outside influence anyways, I think it's safe to say that Traya will not be communicating with him, in the core on not.

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse.

I would like to point out that Traya has never communicated with the mind of anyone who was not Force-Sensitive.

Seeing as it has been proven that communicating with someone who is not Force sensitive is much harder to achieve, along with the fact that Aruk is resistant to outside influence anyways, I think it's safe to say that Traya will not be communicating with him, in the core on not.

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse.

It's not Communicating, it's invading.

Communicating with non-force sensitives is harder, yes, but invading the mind of one who is Not force-Sensitive is generally easier... Granted Hutts are harder, but she's not exactly communicating with him...

Not beating a dead horse if it hasn't been brought up already :p

It's not Communicating, it's invading.

Communicating with non-force sensitives is harder, yes, but invading the mind of one who is Not force-Sensitive is generally easier... Granted Hutts are harder, but she's not exactly communicating with him...

Not beating a dead horse if it hasn't been brought up already :p

To invade ones mind, you have to communicate/connect with it first.

Really I don't think we should get to hung up on this. Aruk isn't going to be making speeches over the HoloNet. He's a crime lord. He's going to be hiring smugglers and bounty hunters and making purchases on the black market. The individuals he is dealing with don't care for speeches, credits speak louder than words.

To invade ones mind, you have to communicate/connect with it first.

Really I don't think we should get to hung up on this. Aruk isn't going to be making speeches over the HoloNet. He's a crime lord. He's going to be hiring smugglers and bounty hunters and making purchases on the black market. The individuals he is dealing with don't care for speeches, credits speak louder than words.

Fine by me, but a Speech scenario was one that popped up, and I just pointed out that major flaw...

You see, we also hit a snag here... Someone who won't leave his fortress to go and Hire Smugglers and Bounty Hunters, seems afraid. Credits speak louder than words, but so does cowardice. If I was to send, say Cronal to go out and Hire BH/Smugglers, it would be more appealing, I could even promise great rewards once Vaders empire is overthrown, because really, the IGBC would have to fall to me.

So, Aruk would have a choice, go out and recruit himself, or get humiliated by the fact "some old man" is far less afraid for his own life, than "Aruk the Great".... I doubt I'd hire smugglers/BH, most would stay out of it after that, and i doubt they'd be much use to me anyway, But it's such a public statement that far less would pledge themselves to Aruk... Unless they saw him out in the Open....

Once again, if Aruk is willing to leave his fortress in the Interests of recruitment, I think he'd get many applicants, but if he's too afraid for his own life, I doubt he'd get many.

Fine by me, but a Speech scenario was one that popped up, and I just pointed out that major flaw...

You see, we also hit a snag here... Someone who won't leave his fortress to go and Hire Smugglers and Bounty Hunters, seems afraid. Credits speak louder than words, but so does cowardice. If I was to send, say Cronal to go out and Hire BH/Smugglers, it would be more appealing, I could even promise great rewards once Vaders empire is overthrown, because really, the IGBC would have to fall to me.

So, Aruk would have a choice, go out and recruit himself, or get humiliated by the fact "some old man" is far less afraid for his own life, than "Aruk the Great".... I doubt I'd hire smugglers/BH, most would stay out of it after that, and i doubt they'd be much use to me anyway, But it's such a public statement that far less would pledge themselves to Aruk... Unless they saw him out in the Open....

Once again, if Aruk is willing to leave his fortress in the Interests of recruitment, I think he'd get many applicants, but if he's too afraid for his own life, I doubt he'd get many.

Aruk is a Hutt, Hutt's don't tend to leave their palaces and deal with clients directly. The underworld doesn't care if they don't see their employer in person, as long as they get paid. A hologram would do fine. Regardless Cronal isn't one to make personal appreances, in fact he 'hides' behind the an alias - Blackhole - appearing only a hologram.

That said Cronal, as Director of Imperial Intelligence, has connections as well - I'd assume these extended into the underworld. But I leave such arguments up to you.

You've obviously never done business with a hutt.

Jabba the Hutt didn't leave his palace. It was in the middle of nowhere. Protected. Did anyone think that he was "cowering"? Lol no. He's a crime lord. A wanted man. Aruk's ability to NOT have to move from his place of protection is a sign of power. It makes people looking for hire come to him, rather than being sought out, which gives them power over the situation.

Besides, have you ever TRIED to move a hutt?

Regardless, criminals will be MUCH more likely to trust Aruk and flock to Aruk considering not only that he has past experience in the underworld, but that he's a hutt. Hutts are infamous for their dealing in the underworld and their good pay.

Edited by Warren-Stride

You've obviously never done business with a hutt.

Jabba the Hutt didn't leave his palace. It was in the middle of nowhere. Protected. Did anyone think that he was "cowering"? Lol no. He's a crime lord. A wanted man. Aruk's ability to NOT have to move from his place of protection is a sign of power. It makes people looking for hire come to him, rather than being sought out, which gives them power over the situation.

Besides, have you ever TRIED to move a hutt?

Regardless, criminals will be MUCH more likely to trust Aruk and flock to Aruk considering not only that he has past expireince in the underworld, but that he's a hutt. Hutts are infamous for their dealing in the underworld and their good pay.

Jabba allowed people Into his palace... People came to him, he lived on a rock full of Scum and Villainy, and never feared for his life.

Aruk's living on a fortress world, which most people wouldn't be allowed to visit... that's a sign of weakness... But if you guys disagree, that's Ok...

Beni, I've been looking into Cronals position in Intelligence, and to be honest, I'd have to agree....

Now, we have the scenario of weather they'll flock to a Hutt, or the Mysterious Black Hole, if both were to pay out similar amounts of money... I'm personally not sure.