Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New Cutthroat Dailies!

Kelbun

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think they'd remember the complaints from the Black Hole and Section X dailies when they designed this place. :p

Sure it will be less of an issue after the novelty wears off a bit, but they could do better from the start.

wouldn't worry about them reducing things too much. I went back in today and there were still plenty of people in the areas. In fact while I didn't notice much reduction in the total amount of players (about 60 with only one instance) I was able to complete the objectives without to many camping waits for a respawn.

While I didn't notice any PvP goin on there was the potential for some as there were several PvP flagged players running around when I was there.

Overall it seemed to be a fairly reasonable balance struck.

wouldn't worry about them reducing things too much. I went back in today and there were still plenty of people in the areas. In fact while I didn't notice much reduction in the total amount of players (about 60 with only one instance) I was able to complete the objectives without to many camping waits for a respawn.

While I didn't notice any PvP goin on there was the potential for some as there were several PvP flagged players running around when I was there.

Overall it seemed to be a fairly reasonable balance struck.

Thank you for the update :) I'm glad you were able to go in and enjoy it today.

Thank you for the update :) I'm glad you were able to go in and enjoy it today.

Personally I wouldn't have minded if the limit was cut in half. But I understand a balance has to be drawn somewhere. My main problem today was nasty lag. More often than not it was like watching a fast slide show instead of a fluid game. But this seems to be a problem whenever too many players are in one area and it's one I'm not sure will ever be remedied.

To be honest I'm not enjoying the new daily area. Having to wait until one spawn point opens up so I can camp it until it respawns 8 times to finish a quest because all the other points are similarly camped is absurd.

Think I'll go play another game were play doesn't consist of standing around and waiting.

Same here it's a ridiculous, a total grief zone. I like this game allot but this is what I sub for? To bad I was looking forward to this patch but it sucks the fun out of it. I disagree with poster saying the ninja and mob tagging is accidental more like players become masters at it. Groups or grouping in them it''s even worse.

Edited by mikuniman

Thanks for that.

Now I might go check it out.

same. I always avoid new daily areas unless it's off-hours when they first come out.

haven't touched the new one yet..but if there's more of a chance for instances where you can get in without all the.....special people....ruining things...I'm gonna check it out now.

I'm sorry but this 2006 Ninja looting is horrible.

Like most people, I play on an PVE server so this does nothing for my OW PVP. it is so annoying when I am dealing with an elite that pops and someone comes in and clicks on the quest object. That would be a great mechanic for a FFA PVP game like EVE but it is just annoying.

GW2 shows that we don't have to have this old-fashioned mechanic.

I'm sorry but this 2006 Ninja looting is horrible.

Like most people, I play on an PVE server so this does nothing for my OW PVP. it is so annoying when I am dealing with an elite that pops and someone comes in and clicks on the quest object. That would be a great mechanic for a FFA PVP game like EVE but it is just annoying.

GW2 shows that we don't have to have this old-fashioned mechanic.

Click the objective then kill the mob.

It helps cut down on getting the objectives 'stolen' from you.

Click the objective then kill the mob.

It helps cut down on getting the objectives 'stolen' from you.

Yup and the fact that you can click them while in combat (like the objects in these type areas as far back as blackhole) leads me to believe that this is intentional so you can do this.

I've had no trouble doing these new dailies. The nodes all respawn fairly quickly, and there's TONS of them in such a small space. If it weren't for the other people, it would take all of 15 minutes to finish them.

Where as in Black Hole, everything being spread out forces the dailies to take longer, competing with other players for the same nodes serves the same purpose with the Czerka ones. Don't even get me started on the original Belsavis dailies. Those were spread out over 3 different mission terminals.

I think BW has done a nice job of adding daily areas that are actually different from each other. If you don't like one area, you are free to do dailies at a different location, or just do something else all together.

Also, as others have said, I always go for the node first, then kill the pack around it. Or even better, send my companion in to keep them busy while I click.

Edited by GatorAndy

Man what are the instances set at? This morning was running them on pub side with 53 people in instance and saw an imp say there was 39 in theirs. That's a lot of people fighting over nodes and creating a bit of lag as well in some people's cases. Also it's kind of odd that last night I was on on the imp side and was in an instance of 12 people yet there was a second instance that had only 39 people in it.

Man what are the instances set at? This morning was running them on pub side with 53 people in instance and saw an imp say there was 39 in theirs. That's a lot of people fighting over nodes and creating a bit of lag as well in some people's cases. Also it's kind of odd that last night I was on on the imp side and was in an instance of 12 people yet there was a second instance that had only 39 people in it.

I had 64 in my instance when doing these this morning at 10 a.m. central time. It was not fun, so after completing my dailies on one character, I just decided to log out and do something else.

I've had no trouble doing these new dailies. The nodes all respawn fairly quickly, and there's TONS of them in such a small space. If it weren't for the other people, it would take all of 15 minutes to finish them.

Where as in Black Hole, everything being spread out forces the dailies to take longer, competing with other players for the same nodes serves the same purpose with the Czerka ones. Don't even get me started on the original Belsavis dailies. Those were spread out over 3 different mission terminals.

I think BW has done a nice job of adding daily areas that are actually different from each other. If you don't like one area, you are free to do dailies at a different location, or just do something else all together.

Also, as others have said, I always go for the node first, then kill the pack around it. Or even better, send my companion in to keep them busy while I click.

That last line is what I always do. Comp takes aggro for a while and I click the objective, then fight. Works well, even in my limited experience with the new dailies.

I think the area is a bit overcrowded now, but that will die down. Once it does die down these will take 10-15 minutes to complete.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.