Unresponsive Controls Due to Rapid Keypresses

sabresandiego

Actually, in my opinion, it's your post that's the terrible one. The guy you quoted is correct. The game bases combat off of ability animations, try not spamming your abilities, and learn some timing. This ultimately means that you have to have more skill to play this game, and noobs can't stand that. Likely it'll be dumbed down so everyone can just smash buttons, just like you've been doing for years in WoW.

TL;DR: Go back to WoW if you wanna button smash.

Its based off ability animations yet the 2 side have different animations, some taking longer than others, that's a problem. Also its more than just animations. We need to stick to the goal of game improvement which is what everyone I'm sure wants. I know I do.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible post. It makes the game extremely unresponsive and awful to play. This is a great game if this gets fixed.

It doesn't matter if you don't like my post.

It's a fact, and this is how the developers intended for it to be.

Don't like it? Go away.

Actually, in my opinion, it's your post that's the terrible one. The guy you quoted is correct. The game bases combat off of ability animations, try not spamming your abilities, and learn some timing. This ultimately means that you have to have more skill to play this game, and noobs can't stand that. Likely it'll be dumbed down so everyone can just smash buttons, just like you've been doing for years in WoW.

Pretty sure you never pvped. You can be in range and press a skill. Because of server lag, the player and his target update. He end up being out of range and the skill misses. You have no choice but to press it again, sometimes a couple more times. For some reason the animation will still trigger which isn't right.

Pretty sure you never pvped. You can be in range and press a skill. Because of server lag, the player and his target update. He end up being out of range and the skill misses. You have no choice but to press it again, sometimes a couple more times. For some reason the animation will still trigger which isn't right.

Wrong, I pvp all the time, on a Sentinel. I have 0 issues hitting my opponents with my abilities, because A.) melee attacks have a 4m range (which is brilliant), and B.) I don't spam away in my abilities. Perhaps you should actually try what I suggested?

Wrong, I pvp all the time, on a Sentinel. I have 0 issues hitting my opponents with my abilities, because A.) melee attacks have a 4m range (which is brilliant), and B.) I don't spam away in my abilities. Perhaps you should actually try what I suggested?

^ Im gonna second this.

While I have noticed the delay, its hardly game breaking at this point the way people are talking. If you dont just spam the same skills, and actually go through a proper rotation of abilities you will barely even notice it.

At level 21 as a Jug I can more then hold my own in most situations, and I am having a lot of fun doing so :)

Give them some time and I am sure it will get better. Its not like there is a competitive scene for this game or anything. Just have fun.

Give them some time and I am sure it will get better. Its not like there is a competitive scene for this game or anything. Just have fun.

This is true, but nothing ever got fixed without someone complaining.

Edited by samdbtto

Claiming that it's for some special reason that the UI works this way just frankly makes you look bad, it's CLEARLY not meant to happen, the game stutters and it's frankly a game breaking bug.

Trying to pretend you're "pro" or "leet" to make yourself feel better doesn't make the bug go away, news flash, I can reproduce the issue even if I time the GCD perfectly. It's a bug. It is not some way to weed out the noobs so that pros like you can tell people on forums to go back to WoW.

If this was meant to happen the skill just wouldn't fire, what it does is cause stuttering and strange visual issues and ruins both PVE and PVP rotations.

It doesn't matter if you don't like my post.

It's a fact, and this is how the developers intended for it to be.

Don't like it? Go away.

Please show the beta post that stats the developers intend for characters to stutter, misfire and display no animation for abilities because someone pressed the 1 key twice.

I'm guessing some of you also forgot that some classes have off GCD abilities that also break when you press them in-between the GCD and sutter your entire rotation, don't fire at all or create stickiness for your other abilities. PLEASE try and tell me that intended off GCD abilities are some how meant to do that when pressed.

Honestly, the junk that people come out with and pretend is a feature, cracks me up. If you don't see the issue fine, but don't try and pretend it's meant to happen as some sort of punishment.

Edited by CapuchinSeven

Ah yes, that explains. Now try to imagine the combination of max range, spells with cast time, server delay, incorrect animations on a character with which you want to CC+DPS+heal and you might just realize why some of us are complaining.

A.) melee attacks have a 4m range (which is brilliant)

I have to repost this because "Ruune_" likes to report posts and get them deleted them when they prove him wrong:

LOL

Literally every MMORPG ever released has "melee" range as 4-5 meters/yards/whatever unit of measurement the game uses. Thank you very much for this innovation SW:TOR!

Edited by CHRISGG

yup all problems exists.. Bioware made crap because PVP it isn't for sure. clunky controls, skill delays, bugs, lags etc.. ***?!!!

Rift, AoC, DAoC, Warhammer, etc.. all those game can run matches 100 vs 100 without lags and those *********** animations/stutter bugs like here at 8 vs 8 maps.

someone is trying to sell us crap in gold paper.

Claiming that it's for some special reason that the UI works this way just frankly makes you look bad, it's CLEARLY not meant to happen, the game stutters and it's frankly a game breaking bug.

Trying to pretend you're "pro" or "leet" to make yourself feel better doesn't make the bug go away, news flash, I can reproduce the issue even if I time the GCD perfectly. It's a bug. It is not some way to weed out the noobs so that pros like you can tell people on forums to go back to WoW.

If this was meant to happen the skill just wouldn't fire, what it does is cause stuttering and strange visual issues and ruins both PVE and PVP rotations.

Please show the beta post that stats the developers intend for characters to stutter, misfire and display no animation for abilities because someone pressed the 1 key twice.

I'm guessing some of you also forgot that some classes have off GCD abilities that also break when you press them in-between the GCD and sutter your entire rotation, don't fire at all or create stickiness for your other abilities. PLEASE try and tell me that intended off GCD abilities are some how meant to do that when pressed.

Honestly, the junk that people come out with and pretend is a feature, cracks me up. If you don't see the issue fine, but don't try and pretend it's meant to happen as some sort of punishment.

good post

I see no delay in my abilities when I press them. This game mechanics is different than most peeps are use to0. No autoattack for one tends to make peeps spam there abilities

hence the possible delay they feel they are experiencing. Think before u press the key dont spam!

I've learned to tolerate it, but it's still quite annoying. There is no reason that I should be rationing my keypresses. If I press a key, it should execute that ability whether or not I press the key several times afterwards. All this system does is lock up players for a moment as the game goes back and forth on what ability it should actually use.

I'm still enjoying the PvP, but this is an issue that needs to be fixed. I shouldn't have to slow down to accommodate a system that provides no measurable benefit to the player or the game itself.