Anyone done the math? Level with pvp 10-55.

oleost

Hello.

Its just insanely stupid how low XP you get if you are like me who wants to level just with PVP.

Many of us playing this game by now have alot of alts, after gone trough the planet storyline several times they get boring as hell, many of us also level 2 of the same class (Both advanced classes) and then the class story is booring to endure again..

Atleast give us with legacy 50 level an way to buy better PVP/Flashpoint experience boost.

1. In your legacy you can buy upgrades that increase EXP gained in warzones.

2. Do quests while in queues.

3. Grab Daily/Weekly quest every day/week.

1. Of course, still slow XP gain compared to regular questing, even if you dont have XP boost on those.

2. So bored of those quest, I rather do other stuff while waiting for queue (Surf the web etc)

3. Of course

Those XP gains should be higher, but shouldnt be unlocked before higher legacy level. You only need to be 10. Why not give something to those who are higher?

Edited by oleost

No one knows the answer to this because no one has the patients to actually make it all the way to 55. It's like those old "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?" commercials (youtube it if you're too young to remember). Eventually the PvPer just bites down and does some PvE. :D

No one knows the answer to this because no one has the patients to actually make it all the way to 55. It's like those old "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?" commercials (youtube it if you're too young to remember). Eventually the PvPer just bites down and does some PvE. :D

Exactly, just plain stupid thats is so low XP gain.

Of course I do some flashpoint if they pop while in queue, but thats only when Im pvping alone, often you do it with some guildmates, and 99 out of 100 times your not close enough in level to do flashpoints with them.

I get it, the game is not meant to be played only with pvp, but come on, when you already done the planet quest 5 times or more, already done the class quest with another character, surely there should be an reasonable way to do it with pvp. So why not controll it with legacy level? Those who are high enough get more XP boost, dont stop at legacy level 10..

I get it, the game is not meant to be played only with pvp, but come on, when you already done the planet quest 5 times or more, already done the class quest with another character, surely there should be an reasonable way to do it with pvp. So why not controll it with legacy level? Those who are high enough get more XP boost, dont stop at legacy level 10..

excluding my 12 chars on signature, I had 11+ chars that I deleted at level 40+. doing same planet 5 times is nothing hard.

my way of leveling:

ding a char. get to level 5 about. leave it in cantina for 2 days.

ding to 10, leave it on fleet for 3 days.

ding to 15 and finish first planet you get star ship, do space missions, relog into other char. next day pop space missions, relog to other char rinse and repeat till your level = max recomended level of next class mission planet burn story, go back to ship. do space missions, relog to other char. next day do space missions and relog to other char till you have max level of next class mision planet, burn thro story... you get the point

and by 'ding' I mean do quests that are on your way using rested XP to boost xp from killing, do all bonus objectives (specialy stage 1,2,3,4 are very proficient in XP)

ofc I don't level healers that way, I like doing missions as healer. or if I like char in particular way (like my currently level 41 shadow - basicly mirror of my main pvp - or my marauder and mercenary).

Edited by Atramar

i did it once, didnt touch pve except for the starter planet to get to 10. No ship, 2 companion, etc. Early levels you fly through levels. once you get to ~35, it slows down considerably. My other toons i solely pvp, but i run just the class mission to get companions.

YOu have to pve in the current stat of this game. You need money to compete. No matter what people say, you NEED to augment your gear at 55 to compete, you lose so much health/dmg if you don't. And even the mk-9 and blue augs are really expense, at least on my server. Plus you need datacrons to boost your pvp dmg/health/etc.

I have levelled 3 55 via WZ's. I did however unlock the 30% boost to xp via WZs as well as took advantage of double xp weekends using stims and my guild has 10% xp boost.

If u did this its actually quite quick.. Not As fast as questing but much more fun.

If you're interested at my alts current level 40 each warzone rewards between 4-6% xp for the current xp requirement for that level. That's with the 10% guild bonus but none of the legacy bonuses but yeah 30% increase on 5% is what 1.6%.

So assuming on average you get 5% xp for each warzone for that level it'll take 20 games for each level give or take and bar any dailies. 45 times 20 gives a lovely 900 warzones to level from 10-55.

I know warzone xp scales with level but I don't think its linear as I have in the past noticed more significant increase during certain levels than others but I can't confirm this. At a guess I say it jumps every 5 levels or so but I really have no idea.

Note: I've recently bought all but one of the warzone xp legacy buffs and in a good full length warzone I can get awarded 8% xp for that level.

this one those I just wantta have lvl 55s so make it stupidly easier to max lvl

omg with all the xp boosts it's all ready a cake walk, only thing left is to just give out lvl 55 with an unlock

Actually, its not. This is a "the rewards for doing wz's are pathetic (both xp and credits) and they should be comparable in rewards for time spent to pve content."

I have levelled 3 55 via WZ's. I did however unlock the 30% boost to xp via WZs as well as took advantage of double xp weekends using stims and my guild has 10% xp boost.

If u did this its actually quite quick.. Not As fast as questing but much more fun.

During double XP weekends I dont complain :D

this one those I just wantta have lvl 55s so make it stupidly easier to max lvl

omg with all the xp boosts it's all ready a cake walk, only thing left is to just give out lvl 55 with an unlock

No... If that was my goal, I wouldnt do only warzones. If I wanted to reach max level I would buy all XP boost, do daily flashpoint, do daily space mission, do daily pvp and class missions. My point is that these is boring as hell for me now after several lvl 55. And I get punished for wanting to level with WZ instead of doing all the other stuff. Why force me into doing something I dont enjoy? I already seen it, and is not interested.

No... If that was my goal, I wouldnt do only warzones. If I wanted to reach max level I would buy all XP boost, do daily flashpoint, do daily space mission, do daily pvp and class missions. My point is that these is boring as hell for me now after several lvl 55. And I get punished for wanting to level with WZ instead of doing all the other stuff. Why force me into doing something I dont enjoy? I already seen it, and is not interested.

They are not punishing you. They are rewarding you less. For pve you need to gear, travel, interfere with puzzling quests (overstatment I know).

Why give same reward for sitting and node and punching random buttons? (I said random buttons, since that's what majority of people in lowbie pvp does). Pvp rewards with comms you will use later for gearing. Exacly what it should.

I understand you want more credits and XP from it, but careful what you wish for. When it will be profitable and again (as it used to be) fast way to level up, people will come in just for credits and XP, not to do actual pvp.

Last time I've seen lowbie pvp, I asked 'why you people not even trying to win' I got response 'why should we, we will get XP any way'.

I have taken a sentinel to 54 purely on the class quest and PvP, plus a few Black Hole dailies.

(I believe you must do your class quest to get your class buff, plus companions for crafting)

I’m going to finish 54-55 only on war zones so that I can maximize coms before hitting 55.

I have also taken advantage of double XP weekends, the legacy boost, guild boost, major xp boosts and I am always rested.

It’s really not that bad, in fact, if war zones gave a lot more xp, you would miss out on a lot of coms before hitting 55. That’s not ideal.

Hello.

Its just insanely stupid how low XP you get if you are like me who wants to level just with PVP.

Many of us playing this game by now have alot of alts, after gone trough the planet storyline several times they get boring as hell, many of us also level 2 of the same class (Both advanced classes) and then the class story is booring to endure again..

Atleast give us with legacy 50 level an way to buy better PVP/Flashpoint experience boost.

I have 12 toons who are at least 50, so I hear what you are saying about how it gets boring to do pve now to level. On the other hand I enjoy aspects of baby pvp (10-29) that you don't get with other groups of pvp. Once I hit 30 with the toon I am leveling now, I won't have any more character slots (out of 16) under 30. So I enjoy the slow leveling because I do pvp for the fun, not to level. If you are more concerned with leveling fast but still want to mix in pvp, I recommend you get the 30% legacy boost while doing the FP and WZ dailies/weekly and questing in the down time. If you want to play level 55 pvp in the meantime I would suggest toon hopping when you feel the urge for stunwars. If most people just did pvp to level up, the planets would get awfully lonely and people who wanted to quest wouldn't have groups for heroics.

No one knows the answer to this because no one has the patients to actually make it all the way to 55.

I haven't done a Planetary Quest since I ran my first Imp(Mara) and Pub(Shadow) through the game. I haven't done a PvE Daily since pre-1.2. In RotHC, I leveled my two 55s from 50-55 through Makeb, but haven't been back since (and won't be returning anytime soon, that planet blowz).

All of my Alts have been leveled through PvP for the most part (with Class Missions included). You think it is bad now, before Legacy and the Cartel Market it was infinitely worse. Now you can max out your WZ XP Character Perks and use a WZ XP Buff whenever you are leveling in PvP (that's how I roll on my Alts). It makes a huge difference and helps a lot.

But you guys are certainly right, just trying to level in PvP without any XP buffs whatsoever would be agonizing. I did that on my Scoundrel way back early last year and wanted to shoot myself it was such a drag.

excluding my 12 chars on signature, I had 11+ chars that I deleted at level 40+. doing same planet 5 times is nothing hard.

my way of leveling:

ding a char. get to level 5 about. leave it in cantina for 2 days.

ding to 10, leave it on fleet for 3 days.

ding to 15 and finish first planet you get star ship, do space missions, relog into other char. next day pop space missions, relog to other char rinse and repeat till your level = max recomended level of next class mission planet burn story, go back to ship. do space missions, relog to other char. next day do space missions and relog to other char till you have max level of next class mision planet, burn thro story... you get the point

and by 'ding' I mean do quests that are on your way using rested XP to boost xp from killing, do all bonus objectives (specialy stage 1,2,3,4 are very proficient in XP)

ofc I don't level healers that way, I like doing missions as healer. or if I like char in particular way (like my currently level 41 shadow - basicly mirror of my main pvp - or my marauder and mercenary).

I would rather go to prison than do space missions. Just saying.