I Want To Like TOR, But It Just Feels Old

Shadysketchy

Now I'm really confused about your logic

You acknowledge that TOR had a Development Cycle of over 3 years, yet you still think that it releasing with this many issues is acceptable?

The minor bugs, and graphical errors, sure. But game breaking stuff like the casting delay for all classes, should never have made it in for launch

Never had a problem with casting delays, but my friend who's a Sith Sorcerer does at times. It's hardware / software / lag related I'm sure.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every MMO has issues at launch; but that's not the point

Like I've said probably around a hundred times now, TOR is competing with 2011 WoW, not 2004 WoW

It is competing with 2011 WoW, this is truth.

Though to many, it doesn't seem to fall as flat as it seems. If they wanted to add as many dungeons / races / raids / warzones / etc / as WoW, they'd still be in development for a long, long time.

After Diablo 3 was delayed, BioWare announced the release date for ToR almost five hours afterwards.

Was it rushed? A bit, yes.

Does it have the potential to catch up to WoW via content patches given their sprinting start? Absolutely!

It doesn't compete with Cata WoW in terms of sheer content, this is truth. But it easily matches up to late BC if not past early WotLK.

Won't be long before ToR catches up, no doubt in my mind.

Now I'm really confused about your logic

You acknowledge that TOR had a Development Cycle of over 3 years, yet you still think that it releasing with this many issues is acceptable?

The minor bugs, and graphical errors, sure. But game breaking stuff like the casting delay for all classes, should never have made it in for launch

First of all, you don't know or understand their logic behind any of the implementations.

Second of all, my point is, for the time they've had, and what they have focused on, it has been an extremely smooth release.

No server crashes, a few bugs but overall it IS very playable for the majority of the playerbase.

It has been in development for a long time, and I think it shows. The voice acting is good, the stories develop well, and from what I can tell from flashpoints and world bosses, the content flows well.

Every single post I have seen from you Shady has been negative. Have you really not enjoyed anything?

You're a troll, I've already accepted that, and that I'm feeding it. The game isn't bad, it's not WoW. I think you might have to get over that.

Again, provide some actual solutions. Not just "increase leveling by 2x". You don't know the game better than the devs do. Stop acting like you do.

I have seen this MMO game cycle many times before. Company A puts out broken game, pretends to fix it and to balance it. Adds some content. Cuts labor and nothing else gets done. Maybe it goes Free Play; maybe it just goes out the window.

This game looks like they recycled the graphics engine from SW:G. I $h!7 you not. :(

The OP is right. We all just spent $60 - $150 of our hard-earned money on a month's worth of entertainment. And out of the box, the game is sadly lagging behind other games on the market (besides WoW). The sophisticated games that have real staying power have a macro system and multi-role slots. They have stuff that make gaming fun and easy. If Rift (and other games) are able to make sure all those conveniences came in the box, why can't EA/LA make sure BioWare has what it needs to make that happen for its fanatical subscribers? :confused:

They say it cost $80M to make this game. But it looks like it cost about $1 million to make. EA/LA/BW just received upwards of $100M. Let's see what they do with that money. Patch 1 better be real good and it better be in 30 days. I'm not giving them any more of my hard earned cash.

OP, you are right. NM the trolls; SW fans are like religious extremists.

TL;DR: Read, you ignorant jerk. :cool: They spent $1M on the game, profited $100M. EA said the venture will be profitable at 500k subscribers which means we are about to get taken for a ride.

Every MMO has issues at launch; but that's not the point

Like I've said probably around a hundred times now, TOR is competing with 2011 WoW, not 2004 WoW

I don't get your *********** point, why does TOR need to compete with WoW right off launch. It's not just another WoW expansion it's an entirely different game, so people will play what they enjoy more.

And what kind of piece of **** computer are you running to say that TOR's graphics arn't way better then WoW's

Name one MMO in the history of gaming that has released without any issues, including ability lag. WoW, for a fact, had several issues (arguably MUCH worse issues) than what is seen today in TOR.

I wonder how long that game was in development and how long it took to fix the issues, some of which can still be seen today (years and years afterwards).

Rift. No issues and everything good about the other good games on the market. Graphics like FF14, playability like WoW, customizable. Content unlike others with dungeons and overland content. Massive amounts of raid content. A free expansion (a small one with 2 new dungeons and a new raid). 36 different talent trees. 5 separate talent spec save points. This is now the yard stick for good gaming. And if anyone doesn't expect this grade of excellence from EA/LA/BW, then I hope you bought the $60 box.

I don't get your *********** point, why does TOR need to compete with WoW right off launch. It's not just another WoW expansion it's an entirely different game, so people will play what they enjoy more.

And what kind of piece of **** computer are you running to say that TOR's graphics arn't way better then WoW's

I run the game with everything except for Shadows on Max Quality, and it looks like Minecraft compared to Cataclysm zones; or even Wrath zones

I think one big question to ask ourselves, are we just "MMO'd" out?

People want different, yet d not know what different they want

People say its too much like other games in certain aspects, yet complain its too different from other MMOs in other aspects.

The MMO Genre exploded into mainstream, we played it hard, lived it out, rode it to the ground, and sometimes we have to look at ourselves and our experiences and ask whether or not we have burnt ourselves out

I think one big question to ask ourselves, are we just "MMO'd" out?

People want different, yet d not know what different they want

People say its too much like other games in certain aspects, yet complain its too different from other MMOs in other aspects.

The MMO Genre exploded into mainstream, we played it hard, lived it out, rode it to the ground, and sometimes we have to look at ourselves and our experiences and ask whether or not we have burnt ourselves out

No, I'm not "MMO'd out"

I love MMOs, and if WoW was still using the Vanilla model, or even the Burning Crusade model, I would still be playing that.

If this game worked, and didn't feel like a 2006 Release, I would still be playing it

All I will say is give it a week. Holidays man effin holidays first damn week isn't even over for the game of official launch their too busy worried about early access and making it through the launch I don't think this game at all feels like a 2006 release im sorry to say but more than half the crap you listed is completely retarded. I hope I get flagged like I have on my last 4 posts cause it's just depressing how much people expect out of a game before the company even has a chance to breathe lol turns out the biggest downfall of this game is how awful the forum community is.

P.s graphic system is bugged fixed soon.

P.s tor still looks better.

P.s get off the forums and cry elsewhere or rather please go back to WoW where everything is handed to ou no matter how downs'd out you are.

If you wanna play a game that feels like you're back in 2006 then WoW is the way to go sadly the game hasn't changed much since 2006.

Edited by mohkhan

All I will say is give it a week. Holidays man effin holidays first damn week isn't even over for the game of official launch their too busy worried about early access and making it through the launch I don't think this game at all feels like a 2006 release im sorry to say but more than half the crap you listed is completely retarded. I hope I get flagged like I have on my last 4 posts cause it's just depressing how much people expect out of a game before the company even has a chance to breathe lol turns out the biggest downfall of this game is how awful the forum community is.

P.s graphic system is bugged fixed soon.

P.s tor still looks better.

P.s get off the forums and cry elsewhere or rather please go back to WoW where everything is handed to ou no matter how downs'd out you are.

If you wanna play a game that feels like you're back in 2006 then WoW is the way to go sadly the game hasn't changed much since 2006.

Anti-Aliasing won't change how the game looks, except the edges of models

And no, WoW's current graphics look far better than TOR's; again, not opinion — Fact

And no, WoW's current graphics look far better than TOR's; again, not opinion — Fact

No. That's an opinion. Sorry, buddy. Have you seen WoWs armor? Only recently did they have any depth at all. Go look at the armor in TOR. Okay. Did you? Now go look at armor/player models on WOW... Okay. Now tell me WoWs graphics are better.

No. That's an opinion. Sorry, buddy. Have you seen WoWs armor? Only recently did they have any depth at all. Go look at the armor in TOR. Okay. Did you? Now go look at armor/player models on WOW... Okay. Now tell me WoWs graphics are better.

The Models that have been there from 2004 look worse, as well as the models that have been there since 2007 (Blood Elf and Draenei).

The Models added in Cataclysm (Worgen and Goblin) look far superior

The Gear follows the same rule of time; yes, Models/Textures for gear from 2004 looks worse, but gear from 2008+ looks better

Can I have your stuff?

Edit: NVM too late.

Edited by Truga