This game is not for PVP community

Forbiddian

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because only 1% of even the minority PVP community find griefing fun. Sorry mate, doesn't UO still exist?

No, you just happen to be a PvE carebear that thinks this so-called "griefing" is "wrong"...

Then you joined a PvP server (why? I don't know) because you wanted to... PvP in the open world... with EQUAL level people all the time?

Then roll on PvE server. You can do this to your heart's content.

UO was not the first to have "normal" pvp servers...

Consider, then, Eve Online which somehow manages to be extremely popular even though lowbies can get ganked anytime.

EVE had true PvP....

This abomination called "PvP server" in SWTOR and WoW (WoW actually wasn't always carebear, only recently).... must DIAF.

NOW.

I haven't done it yet. I eat my own words then I guess. So it's an open world pvp setting where you get rewards for killing other players?

I'm not talking about Warzone dailies. I'm talking about some kind of reward for killing a random player walking around in Tattooine or something.

why do you need a reward? isnt ganking somebody reward enough? what happened to playing a game for fun... everybody wants some kind of token for every small thing they do

I haven't done it yet. I eat my own words then I guess. So it's an open world pvp setting where you get rewards for killing other players?

I'm not talking about Warzone dailies. I'm talking about some kind of reward for killing a random player walking around in Tattooine or something.

From what I'm understanding yes, you pick up dailies to kill "X" amount of players or what not, in that zone, to receive "X" amount/type of reward.

People were complain atm, cause the FEW level 50's were just exploiting it, and say "hey, you kill me, I'll kill you, so we can just get this quest done to get my SOOPERDOOPER kill armor/reward"..

A true PVPer needs no rewards for killing the enemy beyond killing the enemy.

why do you need a reward? isnt ganking somebody reward enough? what happened to playing a game for fun... everybody wants some kind of token for every small thing they do

Why do you need a reward for doing a quest then? Why have PVE rewards?

its full of pve , mouseclickers and keyboardturning players, so why bother with pvp community?

I don't care if someone mouseclicks or keyboardturns. What I'm really interested in is having those same people build a guild city, so my guild can come and take it from them. I want asset destruction in the game, similar to Shadowbane, and it doesn't matter to me what type of player is on the losing end. :D

every game runs on some kind of reward system thats why people play games. There should be some kind of rela world reward system weither it be a little xp, or a quest. That being said, people dying would probable complain non stop about it.

I'm very excited for the future community as everyone raging over the inability to kill level 1s in their starting area rage quit and we can have a more mature and enjoyable population in the years to come.

It why I dont play PvP. Let them have their PvP server and gank themself silly.

Yea I dont see this game being ture PvP without making a lot of changes. I remember the days of Ultima Online world PvP (before they made a PvE server) and that left a bad taste in my mouth ever sence but I will support you PvP players for better server setup. I dont see it happining right now but maybe in the future.

its full of pve , mouseclickers and keyboardturning players, so why bother with pvp community?

Please explain to the community the reasons you need to go let of your pent up rage on players lower than you? why the need for world pvp at all?

we have asked the devs for World pvp on planets so all the 50s can head to and fight fairly. whats wrong with that.

Oh i know, your one of these wow idiots, who probably has a 90s mage that loves to show off his uber peeenes

Why did you roll on a PvP server in the first place if you didn't want to get killed as a level 1?

Why did all these PvE carebears come rolling into PvP servers and then start demanding that things be done THEIR way?

Why oh why has world PvP been dead for so long across so many MMO's?

Because of PvE carebears. UGH!

The fact that your mind somehow equates PvP to Killing low levels for fun tells me you'd probably be the last person qualified to complain about World PvP being dead across so many MMOs. The real reason is obvious to anyone who's played since the launch of UO but you choose to blame it on imaginary Care Bears? Not sure if you were around back then but Carebear ceased to be an insult around the time Trammel came out. Look up the word "Incentive" if you still can't figure it out.:confused:

No, you just happen to be a PvE carebear that thinks this so-called "griefing" is "wrong"...

Then you joined a PvP server (why? I don't know) because you wanted to... PvP in the open world... with EQUAL level people all the time?

Then roll on PvE server. You can do this to your heart's content.

UO was not the first to have "normal" pvp servers...

Consider, then, Eve Online which somehow manages to be extremely popular even though lowbies can get ganked anytime.

EVE had true PvP....

This abomination called "PvP server" in SWTOR and WoW (WoW actually wasn't always carebear, only recently).... must DIAF.

NOW.

Assumptions.

I don't think griefing is wrong. I think it is boring for most everyone involved except a very small minority who, for whatever reason, get great enjoyment out of it.

Also, I didn't join the PvP server. I will arena PvP and maybe huttball PvP when I reach 50, and yes I want to PvP for competition, like most everyone else, not just so I can get a thrill at killing/griefing someone who poses no challenge to me.

EVE online is Primarily made up of carebares. Even most of the people in lowsec and wormwholes do not engage in much PvP and go out of their way (they actually have the capability) to protect themselves.

EVE PvP also kinda sucks and has devolved into killmail epeen crap.

WoW always had carebears, don't kid yourself. Not once was I ever under threat from being killed in PvP outside of battlegrounds when I played WoW.

I also find it funny how everyone wants to PVP when everything is hunky dory...AKA Huttball or those Arena-style PVP matches.

Example: You have time to buff up, get your stims ready, and be prepared to fight in the Warzones. There's absolutely no risk, no danger, nothing. Sorry but the Warzones get incredibly old and boring doing the same bs over and over.

Now in open world PVP, you are questing or running around killing mobs and bam, you get killed by a player that was coming up behind you. So be it. Write their name down. Go hunting and look for them.

Open world PVP brings the adrenaline rush of not being safe anywhere out in the wild where you can get facerolled at any time for any reason. Thats why we like open world PVP. It makes the game more fun because there's a hint of danger in anywhere you go. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with ganking a level 1 as a level 50.

Now if I'm level 50, and I get attacked by 4 level 30's and I can kill a few of them before they kill me then that's an accomplishment and it's still a win for me in my mind.

Edited by Trevock

Assumptions.

I don't think griefing is wrong. I think it is boring for most everyone involved except a very small minority who, for whatever reason, get great enjoyment out of it.

Also, I didn't join the PvP server. I will arena PvP and maybe huttball PvP when I reach 50, and yes I want to PvP for competition, like most everyone else, not just so I can get a thrill at killing/griefing someone who poses no challenge to me.

EVE online is Primarily made up of carebares. Even most of the people in lowsec and wormwholes do not engage in much PvP and go out of their way (they actually have the capability) to protect themselves.

EVE PvP also kinda sucks and has devolved into killmail epeen crap.

WoW always had carebears, don't kid yourself. Not once was I ever under threat from being killed in PvP outside of battlegrounds when I played WoW.

I did add a disclaimer saying, "why? I don't know" in case you accused me of assuming. I like to cover my bases...

I'm not angry towards you personally, but towards this overarching mentality that seems to have infected the general MMO population...

PvP, even on WoW, used to be TOTALLY OPEN. I remember my NE priest sitting in Astranaar watching an Orc warrior killing every guard there. I shadowmelded and waited for an opportunity to slip away from the ordeal. Used to be, NPC Town Guards actually gave you HONOR POINTS!

Then, the PvE whiners came in... and then WoW said ok no more HK from Town NPC's... and also we're going to make 493204839205 Town NPC's spawn now whenever you attack a town.

So basically, razing towns USED to be a feature of MMO's, but now no longer is.

Thanks to PvE Carebears.

Now in open world PVP, you are questing or running around killing mobs and bam, you get killed by a player that was coming up behind you. So be it. Write their name down. Go hunting and look for them.

Open world PVP brings the adrenaline rush of not being safe anywhere out in the wild where you can get facerolled at any time for any reason. Thats why we like open world PVP. It makes the game more fun because there's a hint of danger in anywhere you go.

We don't whine like puppies.

A majority of people do not feel this way. Just super saiyan.

Not true. Please don't start this whole "a true PVPer needs..." crap. lol really?

It's perfectly true. If you PVP solely for the expectation of a reward that makes PVPing easier for you you aren't a PVPer, you are a carebear who kills PCs instead of NPCs.

If you kill a player you obviously don't need any gear rewards, as you already are good enough to accomplish the objective, which is killing people.