This is a Star Wars game. Why is it so hard to get blue lightsaber crystals?

Jenzali

Why can't I look like a Jedi without gimping my stats?

NOTE: I am referring to the Advanced Blue War Hero's Crystal (+41 expertise).

Currently, the blue expertise schematic/crystal is the rarest in the entire game. Yes, even rarer than the Adegan crystals, any crystal from an operation, or even the crystals from the fleet vendor that was removed.

The schematics were once an extremely rare drop from PvP crafting boxes, and are no longer obtainable. On some servers they are completely unobtainable because no one has the schematic.

Please put it on the PvP Items vendor where its green and red counterparts are already present. Or add the classic Jedi color as a cartel market crystal, I don't care. It took a year to add classic Jedi/Sith armor and I am more than happy to wait patiently and/or dump any amount of cartel coins on this.

Edited by Jenzali

Because hundreds of Wookiee (=my substitute for troll) gave Bioware the impression, that the community only wants to have "cool" special coloring, like red/black/white/mint/rainbow/dottet, instead of just "plain blue".

I sometimes believe, that I am the last Jedi, who is using a plain green color crystal on my saber.

The simple and terrific solution would be:

Seperate function and optic the very same way as it was done with all other items we wear. Clothes and weapons decide the looks but not at all the function.

The color crystal on the weapons are the only part, where you need to take one color, cause you want a function... like expertise, when you would rather have a different color.

The change could be made like this:

Add a second slot to weapons for color crystal, making two of them:

1. Color crystal for stats.

2. Color crystal for appearance.

If the appearance slot is empty, the stat slot will count for both.

Hey, if you want to look cool, you have to put in some effort :D

(also, green would undoubtedly be the iconic jedi colour since Lukes lightsaber colour was green. Sure, obi-wans was blue, but he only used it once... so for very many years the main jedi lightsaber colour was green, no blue)

This is exactly how KOTOR 1 & 2 did it - and it worked great!

I too prefer only lore appropriate crystals. Those black cored ones are the worst.

This is exactly how KOTOR 1 & 2 did it - and it worked great!

I too prefer only lore appropriate crystals. Those black cored ones are the worst.

/sign

My Sith is using only plain red crystal and there's absolutely no way he's going to change.

Screw all those fancy colors, this is Star Wars.

If it were for me, i'd lock crystal colors and some outfits too (i.e. Eradicator Suit) to the proper faction... Hopefully for the most, i'll never be in the management of this game :rak_01:

Edited by drGudo

/sign

My Sith is using only plain red crystal and there's absolutely no way he's going to change.

Screw all those fancy colors, this is Star Wars.

If it were for me, i'd lock crystal colors and some outfits too (i.e. Eradicator Suit) to the proper faction... Hopefully for the most, i'll never be in the management of this game :rak_01:

Remember early on, colors were locked to the character alignment. It was annoying as light-leaning Sith couldn't get red crystals. :)

Hey, if you want to look cool, you have to put in some effort :D

(also, green would undoubtedly be the iconic jedi colour since Lukes lightsaber colour was green. Sure, obi-wans was blue, but he only used it once... so for very many years the main jedi lightsaber colour was green, no blue)

Did you just completely make that up and use the word "undoubtebly"?

The first TWO lightsabers seen in A New Hope were both blue: Obi-Wan's and Anakin's (the one Obi-Wan saved for Luke).

And Luke uses the blue through the end of ESB (trained with Yoda, fought Vader, took out an AT-AT, etc). No one even SAW a green lightsaber until RoTJ, a full 8 years after the original. (Lucas explained that he couldn't use green in 1977 because they couldn't get it to appear correctly against the bright Tatooine desert, but technology was able to solve the problem by RoTJ.)

If you were a kid when RoTJ came out, THEN saw the other 2 movies I could understand your perception. But I still wouldn't use the word "undoubtebly"

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

I don't remember it being hard to get red expertise crystal :l

Sure there is someone who crafts it on the server.

Red and green expertise crystals are both available for 500 WZ commendations on the PvP vendor.

On the other hand, blue expertise crystals are not available anywhere.

Edited by Jenzali

(Lucas explained that he couldn't use green in 1977 because they couldn't get it to appear correctly against the bright Tatooine desert, but technology was able to solve the problem by RoTJ.)

"

I do believe you've got this fact backasswards. The Green one was used in ROTJ because it showed up better against the blue Tatooine sky during the fight on Jabba's barge. It was the blue one that caused problems.

Anyway - sabres ahould be blue, green and red for sith - all else is fan fiction (purple included). I may make allowances for yellow. Seems a natural progression.

That is all!

Did you just completely make that up and use the word "undoubtebly"?

The first TWO lightsabers seen in A New Hope were both blue: Obi-Wan's and Anakin's (the one Obi-Wan saved for Luke).

And Luke uses the blue through the end of ESB (trained with Yoda, fought Vader, took out an AT-AT, etc). No one even SAW a green lightsaber until RoTJ, a full 8 years after the original. (Lucas explained that he couldn't use green in 1977 because they couldn't get it to appear correctly against the bright Tatooine desert, but technology was able to solve the problem by RoTJ.)

If you were a kid when RoTJ came out, THEN saw the other 2 movies I could understand your perception. But I still wouldn't use the word "undoubtebly"

Actually Its blue when he uses it in Obi-wans hut for the first time. Then its green (well it WAS in the original) when he is on the falcon (later "corrected" in colour by GL to blue), Then it was blue again on bespin.

Cant say what colour it is when he enters the cave on dagobah since i cant find it online and i have the movies at work :(

But yeah, it was apparantly both green and blue.

Just as an aside, purple is a canon color. Anything in the six movies is considered whats called G-Canon (movies, direct novelizations of the movies, radio plays and George Lucas statements) and can not be questioned.

Everything else is either rated as lesser included Canon, which includes, in order...

T-Canon (television shows Star Wars The Clone Wars and the upcoming Star Wars live-action TV series)

C-canon (EU including games and books based on that information)

S-Canon (SWG, SWTOR and certain stories based on these games)

The final category is N-canon or non-canon. Stories published under the Star Wars: Infinities label, crossover appearances (Star Wars character appearances in Soulcalibur IV, for instance), game statistics, and anything else directly contradicted by higher canon.

N-canon is the only level that is not considered official by Lucasfilm.

Note that a significant amount of material that was previously C-canon was rendered N-canon by the release of Episodes I–III.

So there you go. Purple lightsabers are considered G-Canon.

Edited by LordArtemis

Why can't I look like a Jedi without gimping my stats?

NOTE: I am referring to the Advanced Blue War Hero's Crystal (+41 expertise).

Currently, the blue expertise schematic/crystal is the rarest in the entire game. Yes, even rarer than the Adegan crystals, any crystal from an operation, or even the crystals from the fleet vendor that was removed.

The schematics were once an extremely rare drop from PvP crafting boxes, and are no longer obtainable. On some servers they are completely unobtainable because no one has the schematic.

Please put it on the PvP Items vendor where its green and red counterparts are already present. Or add the classic Jedi color as a cartel market crystal, I don't care. It took a year to add classic Jedi/Sith armor and I am more than happy to wait patiently and/or dump any amount of cartel coins on this.

If I had the Recipe, I would make you one. Free of charge.

Blue lightsabers are for old men who live in the desert, training skinny sons of Sith with Dorthy Hamill haircuts.

Real Jedi use purple crystals, like Mace Windu.

BASIC, NERF HERDER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

YES, THEY DESERVED TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN MUSTAFAR!

ROFLMAO!

#knowhatumtalmbout!

Just as an aside, purple is a canon color. Anything in the six movies is considered whats called G-Canon (movies, direct novelizations of the movies, radio plays and George Lucas statements) and can not be questioned.

Everything else is either rated as lesser included Canon, which includes, in order...

T-Canon (television shows Star Wars The Clone Wars and the upcoming Star Wars live-action TV series)

The final category is N-canon or non-canon. Stories published under the Star Wars: Infinities label, crossover appearances (Star Wars character appearances in Soulcalibur IV, for instance), game statistics, and anything else directly contradicted by higher canon.

Note that a significant amount of material that was previously C-canon was rendered N-canon by the release of Episodes I–III.

^This. If you've seen the color in the movies, I'd call it cannon.

My SW stuck with a Red Color crystal for a long time, until it got to the point that it was just better to switch it out for the +41 Power Crystal obtained from the CM.

My SI is better off with her non-red (uses Purple) crystal as she purposely bucks the trend and takes every anti-Empire option she can (she was a slave! I really don't see why she wouldn't want to cause the downfall of the Empire).

Both my JK and JC use purple. :p

Immense props for the person who understands the LFL Canon policy! :eek:

It's ridiculously hard work just to be a classic looking Jedi with a classic looking Padawan. That goes for outfit, colour, weapon, lightsaber colour.

And even then there are so few options available.

Edited by Hessen

I never got what people like about dark cored sabers anyway. It's ugly.

With all due respect that is your opinion, I find a black cored lightsaber a good choice for someone embraces the dark-side heavily. (on a side note my "pure blood sith" SI uses a purple black core with the Gree event lightsaber, which gives it a purple lighting effect that is noticeable with the black core)

:D

Edited by Fadeseeker