How would YOU thank Subscribers?

ZionHalcyon

I think its an interesting topic in light of the minor fiasco involving Bioware over last 4th of July weekend just chucking 500 ccs at subs, leaving many who thought it would be something more substantial feeling put out.

So, I put it to the people out there, if in Bioware's positon, how would you make subs feel appreciated, both with a one time gift, and in the long term?

Some ground rules:

1) Stay realistic - giving you full access to everything in the cartel market for free isn't happening. a one-off of one item on a limited basis however is certainly possible.

2) If you want to rage and piss and moan, do it elsewhere please. Ideally, this should be a constructive thread to give Bioware a better idea what we as subs WANT, rather than them guessing and failing miserably as they have done so far. Not saying it can't have a little snark, but please let your suggestions be real and not just with the intent to take a shot at BW.

Ok, so for mine, for example:

One Time only:

1) A one time "gift" package that gives the sub a random speeder from the discontinued Korrialis (sp) speeder line. The issues that allowed people with these speeders to block people from accessing mailboxes and the like has long been fixed, so such a rare item would be a neat "Thank you". I'd also allow these to be traded among subscribers only.

2) A one time voucher for one free item from the cartel market, all Packs excluded (so no one can just get a free hypercrate, for instance, which would never be allowed). You'd still need to spend CCs to unlock for all your other characters however.

Permanent:

1) Permanent double XP once you complete one character's story from 1 to 50. Perhaps Triple XP on Double XP weekends.

2) Early access to all new content - we get it 1 week before everyone else

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, im fine with the 500CC.

How many people dont give you a birthday or chritmas present wich is a voucher for a store? This was just as toughtful. I dont see why so much whinning about it.

Then again people whine about everything.

1) A one time "gift" package that gives the sub a random speeder from the discontinued Korrialis (sp) speeder line. The issues that allowed people with these speeders to block people from accessing mailboxes and the like has long been fixed, so such a rare item would be a neat "Thank you". I'd also allow these to be traded among subscribers only.

I hate Korrealis speeders. They are obnoxious and ugly as hell. I am sure there are other players who feel the same way. That said, people who actually like them paid a good amount of money for their uniqueness. You think it's fair to them to let everyone have one for free? I don't like this idea and I definitely wouldn't like this gift.

2) A one time voucher for one free item from the cartel market, all Packs excluded (so no one can just get a free hypercrate, for instance, which would never be allowed). You'd still need to spend CCs to unlock for all your other characters however.

How is that different than the 500CC?

Isn't it still "Cartel Focused"? And isn't the fact that the appreciation gift had something to do with the Cartel Market that people are complaining about?

Permanent:

1) Permanent double XP once you complete one character's story from 1 to 50. Perhaps Triple XP on Double XP weekends.

2) Early access to all new content - we get it 1 week before everyone else

I could do a search and link you a LOOOOT of posts complaining about those two things - from people who don't like double XP and from people who don't feel like early access after the game has been released makes sense or is fair.

Do you want me to search and link or you believe me on that?

My point is: NOTHING would satisfy everyone. We got what we got. Whether it was the best thing in the world or the worst, it was a gift. If someone doesn't like it that's fine. It's not like they charged us extra for it.

It's time to move on from that.

I hate Korrealis speeders. They are obnoxious and ugly as hell. I am sure there are other players who feel the same way. That said, people who actually like them paid a good amount of money for their uniqueness. You think it's fair to them to let everyone have one for free? I don't like this idea and I definitely wouldn't like this gift.

How is that different than the 500CC?

Isn't it still "Cartel Focused"? And isn't the fact that the appreciation gift had something to do with the Cartel Market that people are complaining about?

Permanent:

I could do a search and link you a LOOOOT of posts complaining about those two things - from people who don't like double XP and from people who don't feel like early access after the game has been released makes sense or is fair.

Do you want me to search and link or you believe me on that?

My point is: NOTHING would satisfy everyone. We got what we got. Whether it was the best thing in the world or the worst, it was a gift. If someone doesn't like it that's fine. It's not like they charged us extra for it.

It's time to move on from that.

Obviously nothing would satisfy everyone. But those ideas would satisfy a lot more people than just 500 ccs.

I would give subs a mini pet version of the ewok companion. In fact it would be cool to give people a mini pet version of a companion every X months they were subbed and apply that retroactively to begin with.

Also I would allow subs to have a legacy bank for 0 credits and legacy 50. I guarantee you suddenly a lot of people will want legacy levels.

Introduce player housing for their spaceship. Give subs gifts with random decoration stuff every month.

Etc etc...

Obviously nothing would satisfy everyone. But those ideas would satisfy a lot more people than just 500 ccs.

No, Zion, they wouldn't.

That's my point. They would satisfy SOME people. Others would find (for example) the Korrealis to be ugly, pointless since they've spend so much money on getting a hoverchair or a throne, a "slap in the face" of those who paid millions to get one etc.

The same goes for all your suggestions, with the exception of the "1 free CM item" suggestion that would still get bashed but for different reasons, similar to the reasons the 500cc are getting bashed,. I'm not saying they are bad suggestions, but they are suggestions that would most definitely not satisfy everyone - not even the majority.

Edited by TheNahash

No, Zion, they wouldn't.

That's my point. They would satisfy SOME people. Others would find (for example) the Korrealis to be ugly, pointless since they've spend so much money on getting a hoverchair or a throne, a "slap in the face" of those who paid millions to get one etc.

The same goes for all your suggestions, with the exception of the "1 free CM item" suggestion that would be bashed for different reasons, similar to the reasons the 500cc are getting bashed,. I'm not saying they are bad suggestions, but they are suggestions that would most definitely not satisfy everyone - not even the majority.

Just as I am not, YOU are not the majority. So for one, check the 'tude.

Two, even if you HATE my ideas, its easy to rip ideas, come up with your own, which is the point of the thread. To sit there on high and rip other people's ideas takes no effort.

Finally - to address your points.

1) You hate Korrialis speeders? Fine, since they are tradeable in this idea and picked at random, you can sell yours you hate to someone who doesn't hate them. You still benefit.

2) Its different from the 500cc because there are armor sets worth more than that. The idea isn't to drive people away from the cartel shop but to make subs feel appreciated. You are trying to entwine two separate issues in a straw man argument.

3)You know a "looooot" :rolleyes: of people who don't like double xp. There are a lot who do. I've seen more who do than more who don't.

Bottom line. You seem to be overlapping your personal preferences and saying you represent the majority. You don't.

I put forth some ideas and solicited for others to share their ideas. I made no claim as majority, and others might have better ideas.

Physician, heal thyself.

Are you sure? I doubt that we got any sufficient data for such a claim (neither for the opposite).

How I would thank subscribers:

1. 1 free cartel package of each new package that is added to the CM... ( surely some would claim that this would be a teaser trying to get people to buy more )

2. A free customization item to turn one companion (that is maxed and storywise "through") into any other companion of the same type... Bowdaar would be gone from my ship in an instant.

3. 2 Color packages (that would be only 400 CC, but still)

4. a free MK-9 Upgrade kit.

5. a free "subscriber only" "non cartel market" pack including a random combination of stuff.

I would give them bonus experience and valour gain equal to 2% per legacy level. So 120% for legacy 10 and 200% for legacy 50. I would also give them the ability to turn off experience gain as a toggle (but make using it disable warzones for that player). Edited by Godlymuppet

Are you sure? I doubt that we got any sufficient data for such a claim (neither for the opposite).

How I would thank subscribers:

1. 1 free cartel package of each new package that is added to the CM... ( surely some would claim that this would be a teaser trying to get people to buy more )

2. A free customization item to turn one companion (that is maxed and storywise "through") into any other companion of the same type... Bowdaar would be gone from my ship in an instant.

3. 2 Color packages (that would be only 400 CC, but still)

4. a free MK-9 Upgrade kit.

5. a free "subscriber only" "non cartel market" pack including a random combination of stuff.

Fair enough on your first point. Thats just my general feeling but I agree with you on hard data. Although a skimming of posts will generally give you the sense that the people who were happy with 500ccs would have been happy with just about anything as a bonus to subs, imho. So in theory, if you got a group thats happy almost no matter what, shouldn't you then focus your energies on the largest group of discontented people, even if the number that are happy no matter whatever outnumber them? Isn't it better for the game to have both groups somewhat content?

Keep in mind this is all theory here. And thank you for participating in the actual spirit of the thread :D

Just as I am not, YOU are not the majority. So for one, check the 'tude.

I had no attitude, Zion.

I might start now because your post seems to be all about twisting what I said to make it seem like I'm trying to diss your ideas without good reason, but I assure you there was no "'tude" :rolleyes: in my previous posts.

Two, even if you HATE my ideas, its easy to rip ideas, come up with your own, which is the point of the thread. To sit there on high and rip other people's ideas takes no effort.

Did you miss the part where I said I don't think your ideas are bad?

And no, I don't really have to post my ideas. If I feel the need to do so, I'll use the suggestion forum. You, on the other hand did post some ideas and I'm criticizing them. Isn't that how a forum works?

1) You hate Korrialis speeders? Fine, since they are tradeable in this idea and picked at random, you can sell yours you hate to someone who doesn't hate them. You still benefit.

Good. Why can't you do that with the CC we got for free? You can buy a Cartel Pack and sell it on the GTN. Or any of the things that cost 500CCs or less. And I'm pretty sure you'd make more credits by doing that because there wouldn't be 50 other people selling the exact same speeder and driving the prices down.

2) Its different from the 500cc because there are armor sets worth more than that. The idea isn't to drive people away from the cartel shop but to make subs feel appreciated. You are trying to entwine two separate issues in a straw man argument.

I understand why a "1 free CM item" voucher would be different, that part didn't need explaining.

What I asked, however, was how is that not Cartel Market related. People in the forum have been complaining that the appreciation gift lacks any effort on Bioware's part. That it was just a simple "gift card" to be used at a shop they don't want to shop from. And your suggestion to fix that is that they should've offered...another Cartel Market related appreciation gift.

So, I repeat my question: How would that show more appreciation since it would still show NO effort from Bioware like people say just giving us free coins does?

In essence, what's the difference?

3)You know a "looooot" :rolleyes: of people who don't like double xp. There are a lot who do. I've seen more who do than more who don't.

Bottom line. You seem to be overlapping your personal preferences and saying you represent the majority. You don't.

Yes, I know a looot of people who don't like double XP or early access. I never said I was one of them, because I actually like both.

What I don't understand is why those people that created threads and complained about both of those things are somehow less (or less important) than the people who complained about the free coins. Or how me saying that there were people who didn't like those things, somehow comes off as a personal preference.

And I never said I represent the majority. I don't. Neither do you.

But if you see the forum after every major (and, sometimes, minor) addition you will realize that you cannot reach a conclusion about what people do or do not want because there are always people who disagree.

I put forth some ideas and solicited for others to share their ideas. I made no claim as majority, and others might have better ideas.

Physician, heal thyself.

Good.

I criticized your ideas. You took my criticism and turned it into a personal attack.

Why?

Edited by TheNahash

Here's a few suggestions I have:

-Upon reaching legacy level 50, a new toggle skill that allows double experience all the time.

-FREE or GREATLY REDUCED cost of taking out armorings/mods/enhancements. I have a lot of alts and the majority of my credits goes straight to this. I would also buy a lot more of the cartel store outfits if it didn't cost so much to rip stuff out of current gear.

-"Subscribers bag" every month. The bag would include: 10 fleet passes, 1,000 warzone coms, etc. Just something to show that it's unique.

So, I put it to the people out there, if in Bioware's positon, how would you make subs feel appreciated, both with a one time gift, and in the long term?

I'd implement the same benefit TSW offers to its subscribers:

Item-of-the-month gift (given out every month)

It can come in a form of a unique pack containing one random item from the Cartel Market, or as a manually chosen item by the devs.